Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

Igbo Name In Yoruba Family - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Name In Yoruba Family (673 Views)

Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? / Animals Names In Yoruba And Their English Meaning / Names Of Various Animals In Yoruba Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Name In Yoruba Family by Benbobola(m): 3:58pm On Jun 01, 2023
Hello guys.
I just had a baby girl in my family (yoruba tribe) and I so love her. There is one igbo name I know and would love to name her. It's so sweet when I hear the name and I want to know if its okay. I would also appreciate if anyone here can help me with the basic cultural meaning of the name.
ADAORA
This is the lovely name I would want to call my daughter. I k ow I can find basic information on the Internet, but I just want more knowledge on it from the igbo cultural perspective. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Igbo Name In Yoruba Family by ab1x: 3:59pm On Jun 01, 2023
Adaora. Meaning: The people's daughter. Adaugo. Meaning: Beautiful daughter/Daughter of an eagle.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Name In Yoruba Family by ab1x: 3:59pm On Jun 01, 2023
Google is your friend. It's there
Re: Igbo Name In Yoruba Family by Zonefree(m): 4:03pm On Jun 01, 2023
Adaora means community daughter project.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Name In Yoruba Family by duro4chang(m): 4:10pm On Jun 01, 2023
Zonefree:
Community babe? Chai!
Re: Igbo Name In Yoruba Family by FairlyUSEDpussy: 4:26pm On Jun 01, 2023
Benbobola:
Hello guys.
I just had a baby girl in my family (yoruba tribe) and I so love her. There is one igbo name I know and would love to name her. It's so sweet when I hear the name and I want to know if its okay. I would also appreciate if anyone here can help me with the basic cultural meaning of the name.
ADAORA
This is the lovely name I would want to call my daughter. I k ow I can find basic information on the Internet, but I just want more knowledge on it from the igbo cultural perspective. Thanks

Nah joblessness dey worry.......

Out of thousands of Yoruba and English name.........nah name wey u sef no understand u wan carry give pikin......

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Name In Yoruba Family by Solsix(m): 4:26pm On Jun 01, 2023
Zonefree:
Hahaha u no well
Re: Igbo Name In Yoruba Family by Solsix(m): 4:27pm On Jun 01, 2023
Adaora means.... Daughter of all

1 Like

Re: Igbo Name In Yoruba Family by Benbobola(m): 4:35pm On Jun 01, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:

Nah joblessness dey worry.......

Out of thousands of Yoruba and English name.........nah name wey u sef no understand u wan carry give pikin......
Really this is what you have to say? You think I am jobless? Hahaha I can't even dignify that statement with a response.
Anyways she has yoruba and english names already.
I love all tribes and learn from them all. And being someone who has been to other cultures even outside the country, I like being multidiverse. So if you don't have an actual response, you could just not say anything
Re: Igbo Name In Yoruba Family by RedboneSmith(m): 4:44pm On Jun 01, 2023
Benbobola:
Hello guys.
ADAORA

Literally, Adaora means Daughter of the People. In Igbo culture (as well as in many other African cultures), the child is said to belong not just to the parents, but the wider community. This is a name that underscores that cultural belief. In this sense Adaora is a daughter loved and cherished by all.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Name In Yoruba Family by Benbobola(m): 4:50pm On Jun 01, 2023
RedboneSmith:

Literally, Adaora means Daughter of the People. In Igbo culture (as well as in many other African cultures), the child is said to belong not just to the parents, but the wider community. This is a name that underscores that cultural belief. In this sense Adaora is a daughter loved and cherished by all.
How about Adaeze?
Re: Igbo Name In Yoruba Family by RedboneSmith(m): 5:17pm On Jun 01, 2023
Benbobola:

How about Adaeze?

Means princess.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Name In Yoruba Family by Benbobola(m): 6:19pm On Jun 01, 2023
RedboneSmith:

Means princess.
Thank you brother

1 Like

Re: Igbo Name In Yoruba Family by laiperi: 1:33am On Jun 02, 2023
Things have gotten out of hand. There used to be a time we give Igbo, Ghana or Hausa names. Especially, second names.

My favorite Igbo name for girls is Chiwe or Ngozi

1 Like

Re: Igbo Name In Yoruba Family by IkeIgboNiile(m): 6:36am On Jun 02, 2023
laiperi
Things have gotten out of hand. There used to be a time we give Igbo, Ghana or Hausa names. Especially, second names.

Chinwendum means God own my life while Ngozi means blessing.
While i was younger i adopted a Yoruba name-Oluwanishola. Nike is my favourite female Yoruba name.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Name In Yoruba Family by RedboneSmith(m): 6:41am On Jun 02, 2023
laiperi:

All my cousins who were born in Lagos were given Yoruba second names.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Name In Yoruba Family by Probz(m): 4:09pm On Jun 02, 2023
laiperi:

Really?

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Congratulatory Phrase / Chinese Newspaper Erects ‘giant Joystick’ Building (LOOK) / Thieves Everywhere!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.