Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,995 members, 7,838,508 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

How INEC Denied Their 2003 Anambra Election In Court - US Consul General - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How INEC Denied Their 2003 Anambra Election In Court - US Consul General (2048 Views)

Peter Obi Meets US Consul-General, Discusses New Nigeria (Pictures) / PDP Reports APC Government To US Consul General, Recounts Achievements 16 Years / My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How INEC Denied Their 2003 Anambra Election In Court - US Consul General by tonytony208(m): 4:08am On Jun 02, 2023
Acekidc4:
If Labour Party like, let them Present Documents from 1963, na them know..........All i know is that May we never Labour in Vain like the Manhood Seekers........ Shioor

Lolz. Report said tinubu's and inec's counsels opposed the acceptance of the documents as evidences.

If you claim you don't care, why are you opposing the acceptance of the documents!? grin

Or is that you and tinubu aren't thinking alike? grin

Dey there and be deceiving yourself. grin
Re: How INEC Denied Their 2003 Anambra Election In Court - US Consul General by tonytony208(m): 4:10am On Jun 02, 2023
LegendHero:
INEC of 2000-2007 were the worst thing to befall this nation.

There is even one election that INEC failed to provide official results and there are some instances where we would have seen the result of the whole election in a particular constituency even before voting ends.

Obasanjo supervised the most corrupt INEC.

Lolz. That same INEC rigged tinubu into office. On his mandate you shall be disgraced out of Aso rock. grin

2 Likes

Re: How INEC Denied Their 2003 Anambra Election In Court - US Consul General by tonytony208(m): 4:13am On Jun 02, 2023
GeneralPula:
All these Media propaganda would not help anything..

Tell your Pangolo lawyers to eat well then organize themselves..

Why was tinubu's and inec's counsels opposing submission of the documents in court?
That one isn't media propaganda like the one you posted about court standing down Obi's petition. That one is reality of what happened in court. grin

I hope you are not afraid that on his mandate you shall be disgraced out of Aso rock?! grin

2 Likes

Re: How INEC Denied Their 2003 Anambra Election In Court - US Consul General by tonytony208(m): 4:16am On Jun 02, 2023
garfield1:
The op cannot even spot the difference.90 out of 213 is substantial to change the outcome.can obi prove irregularities in at least 9 states,massive irregularities? Secondly,inec rejecting any document is normal that's if you are conversant with court cases.obidients are legally unintelligent hence these

If Obi can't prove it, why didn't your lawyers just sit back in court yesterday and not oppose submission of the documents as evidence? grin

Is it because your lawyers are afraid that obi has enough evidence to disgrace the drug dealer out of office? grin

1 Like

Re: How INEC Denied Their 2003 Anambra Election In Court - US Consul General by tonytony208(m): 4:19am On Jun 02, 2023
richidinho:

Peter Obi is presenting the Certified true copies of the results in each local government, copies certified by same inec o

But you are asking for polling unit result😀

It shows that you are not even aware of anything that happened in that election

Results in the LGA were just declared like the way the Adamawa REC declared Aisha without any document

But the actual figure in the CTC says something different

Garfield1 is just one of those empty street urchîns shouting emilokan without any iota of sense. grin

You shouldn't be surprised at his far reaching ignorance. grin

1 Like

Re: How INEC Denied Their 2003 Anambra Election In Court - US Consul General by xtivin(m): 4:43am On Jun 02, 2023
Penguin2:
At the Presidential Election Petition Court today, counsels to Peter Obi and Labour Party told the court they were going to present the INEC certified Forms EC8A for 18 States as evidence before the court.

However, due to time constraint, Labour Party and Obi counsels were able to present the forms EC8A from 6 States of Rivers, Benue, Niger, Cross River, Osun and Ekiti.

What caught people’s attention, however, was that INEC was objecting to the presentation of these documents that are their own original documents. Some people wondered if they were surprised that LP could come up with such magnitude of evidence in court.

But a Twitter user Mikael C Bernard, set out to tell those surprised at INEC action, not to be surprised as INEC denied the election it conducted by itself in Anambra in 2003.

To support this claim, he posted some portion of a classified information provided to the US Government by the then US Consul General in Nigeria, Brian Browne.

In the document, Brian Browne expressed surprised that the electoral body who had pleaded before the Election Petition Tribunal in Anambra that they had conducted a free, fair and valid election in the 2003 governorship election in Anambra, went to the Appeal Court in Anambra, after they had lost at the Tribunal, and stated before the Appeal Court that they did not hold election in 90 precincts of 213 precincts of the state.

Of course, the Appeal Court disagreed with their inconsistent responses and went ahead to agree with the Tribunal and declared Obi the validly elected governor from that election but it exposed the extent to which an agency who supposed to be a neutral and unbiased umpire can go to do the hatchet job of those in power.

It was alleged then that Chris Uba, who was close to the then president Olusegun Obasanjo was the strongman behind Ngige and who was getting INEC to deny their own election; election they had declared free, fair and valid.

20 years later, and same agency and same man have found themselves in similar situation and in similar terrain. Will Obi be twice lucky? We will wait and see.

Nlfpmod
Mynd44
As a lawyer,if INEC denies its own documents that I am very sure belongs to her. INEC or the Judge should in the real sense charge OBI for forgery if they are sure. Naija!!
Re: How INEC Denied Their 2003 Anambra Election In Court - US Consul General by Penguin2: 7:26am On Jun 02, 2023
xtivin:

As a lawyer,if INEC denies its own documents that I am very sure belongs to her. INEC or the Judge should in the real sense charge OBI for forgery if they are sure. Naija!!

Do you now understand why people are surprised that INEC is denying its own documents?

Because they were not supposed oppose their own documents except they can prove those documents are forged which is not the case here.

1 Like

Re: How INEC Denied Their 2003 Anambra Election In Court - US Consul General by Penguin2: 7:30am On Jun 02, 2023
garfield1:
The op cannot even spot the difference.90 out of 213 is substantial to change the outcome.can obi prove irregularities in at least 9 states,massive irregularities? Secondly,inec rejecting any document is normal that's if you are conversant with court cases.obidients are legally unintelligent hence these
Oh really?

Then why did the same INEC tell the court of first instance, tribunal, that the election was free, fair and valid, only to change their plea and remember that election did not hold in 90 precincts at the Appeal?

You see nothing wrong in that inconsistency?

2 Likes

Re: How INEC Denied Their 2003 Anambra Election In Court - US Consul General by kpompey: 7:34am On Jun 02, 2023
garfield1:

Closer to agulu? Has obi proven to the court irregularities polling unit by polling unit?
By the way Imo,Enugu,Abia,Ebonyi,Anambra should also be included where he himself robbed with AK47. Tinubu for 8 years.
Re: How INEC Denied Their 2003 Anambra Election In Court - US Consul General by Anyiamaka: 7:34am On Jun 02, 2023
Acekidc4:
If Labour Party like, let them Present Documents from 1963, na them know..........All i know is that May we never Labour in Vain like the Manhood Seekers........ Shioor

You can actually be more reasonable.

1 Like

Re: How INEC Denied Their 2003 Anambra Election In Court - US Consul General by Acekidc4(m): 7:36am On Jun 02, 2023
Anyiamaka:

You can actually be more reasonable.

I am being reasonable, that's why i said my mind........it's a futile effort.
Re: How INEC Denied Their 2003 Anambra Election In Court - US Consul General by kpompey: 7:38am On Jun 02, 2023
richidinho:

Peter Obi is presenting the Certified true copies of the results in each local government, copies certified by same inec o

But you are asking for polling unit result😀

It shows that you are not even aware of anything that happened in that election

Results in the LGA were just declared like the way the Adamawa REC declared Aisha without any document

But the actual figure in the CTC says something different
So certified true copy stamped by LP and claimed it was inec. Who should keep election documents Inec or LP. LP who has no polling agent in Ekiti claimed the CTC from where??The source would of course be questioned by inec.Peter Obi and his biafran thieves go doctored document.
Re: How INEC Denied Their 2003 Anambra Election In Court - US Consul General by kpompey: 7:44am On Jun 02, 2023
tonytony208:

Why was tinubu's and inec's counsels opposing submission of the documents in court?
That one isn't media propaganda like the one you posted about court standing down Obi's petition. That one is reality of what happened in court. grin

I hope you are not afraid that on his mandate you shall be disgraced out of Aso rock?! grin
The fake documents presented by Obi will be cross examined, and Inec will proof they are doctored in Anambra.Obi is a thief.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How INEC Denied Their 2003 Anambra Election In Court - US Consul General by garfield1: 7:59am On Jun 02, 2023
tonytony208:

If Obi can't prove it, why didn't your lawyers just sit back in court yesterday and not oppose submission of the documents as evidence? grin

Is it because your lawyers are afraid that obi has enough evidence to disgrace the drug dealer out of office? grin

If you had ever gone to a court,you will know that lawyers almost always oppose tendering of any document by the other party however it looks

1 Like

Re: How INEC Denied Their 2003 Anambra Election In Court - US Consul General by garfield1: 8:01am On Jun 02, 2023
tonytony208:

Lolz. That same INEC rigged tinubu into office. On his mandate you shall be disgraced out of Aso rock. grin
Oga,tinubu will spend complete 8 years.cobtinue ranting
Re: How INEC Denied Their 2003 Anambra Election In Court - US Consul General by mabea: 8:26am On Jun 02, 2023
LegendHero:

There is even one election that INEC failed to provide official results and there are some linstances where we would have seen the result of the whole election in a particular constituency even before voting ends.

That was before Buhari beat him to that record

2 Likes

Re: How INEC Denied Their 2003 Anambra Election In Court - US Consul General by Bobloco: 8:37am On Jun 02, 2023
LegendHero:

There is even one election that INEC failed to provide official results and there are some instances where we would have seen the result of the whole election in a particular constituency even before voting ends.

There is no difference between INEC of 2000-2007 and INEC of 2023
Infact, the INEC of 2023 is worst in all ramifications
Re: How INEC Denied Their 2003 Anambra Election In Court - US Consul General by proeast(m): 8:40am On Jun 02, 2023
LegendHero:

That was 16 years ago!!!

Yet, today, you're supporting the same INEC despite conducting even a more disgraceful election after receiving billions of naira?!

If truly you're a patriotic Nigerian who wants this country to develop, you will be encouraging justice and fair play. You will be condemning Mahmood for being such a rogue.

The just shall live by faith.
Re: How INEC Denied Their 2003 Anambra Election In Court - US Consul General by Penguin2: 12:25pm On Jun 03, 2023
garfield1:

Oga,tinubu will spend complete 8 years.cobtinue ranting

With what I’m seeing in court now, I don’t think Tinubu will spend Christmas as President of Nigeria.

But fingers crossed!
Re: How INEC Denied Their 2003 Anambra Election In Court - US Consul General by garfield1: 5:23pm On Jun 04, 2023
Penguin2:

With what I’m seeing in court now, I don’t think Tinubu will spend Christmas as President of Nigeria.

But fingers crossed!

If the courts could not remove buhari,is it tinubu that they will? If you have the powers of discernment,you should know the direction the judges will vote.besides,the ruling cartel will never allow obi to rule
Re: How INEC Denied Their 2003 Anambra Election In Court - US Consul General by Penguin2: 6:52pm On Jun 04, 2023
garfield1:

If the courts could not remove buhari,is it tinubu that they will? If you have the powers of discernment,you should know the direction the judges will vote.besides,the ruling cartel will never allow obi to rule

That something hasn’t happened before does not mean it will not happen now or will never happen.

Again, believing to know the direction the judges will vote is a product of speculation that I can only liken to your pre-election predictions which all turned out horribly wrong.

Lastly, I don’t know if the ruling cartel will write judgment for the judges or whichever way the judges will decide to go, but what I am certain of is that the judiciary would have to bend our constitution upside down to retain Tinubu in the presidency.

And until then, I will remain open minded for all eventualities and I would strongly advise you do the same.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Observation On Northern Senators Rejecting Tinubu's War / Children Stone Tinubu Amid Hunger, Hardship In Nigeria - SaharaReporters / The Greedy First Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.