Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,099 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

If 500 Per Litre Has Come To Stay Then I Can't Afford To Drive A Normal Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / If 500 Per Litre Has Come To Stay Then I Can't Afford To Drive A Normal Car (3176 Views)

In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) / See The Difference Between Bose Amazing Suspension & A Normal Car Suspension / Working On A Clients Car, An Then I Saw This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If 500 Per Litre Has Come To Stay Then I Can't Afford To Drive A Normal Car by baconline(m): 7:58pm On Jun 01, 2023
With this price I really can't afford to drive a car with about 5k per day, I give up!!! I can only drive cars with engine size between 0.6 to 1 litre, they are very few ,small and not as comfortable as the normal 1.8 to 2.5 litre engi

1 Like

Re: If 500 Per Litre Has Come To Stay Then I Can't Afford To Drive A Normal Car by Realguyman1(m): 7:59pm On Jun 01, 2023
Re: If 500 Per Litre Has Come To Stay Then I Can't Afford To Drive A Normal Car by Creditalerts: 8:21pm On Jun 01, 2023
baconline:
With this price I really can't afford to drive a car with about 5k per day, I give up!!! I can only drive cars with engine size between 0.6 to 1 litre, they are very few ,small and not as comfortable as the normal 1.8 to 2.5 litre engi
nigeria is not for you tongue
Re: If 500 Per Litre Has Come To Stay Then I Can't Afford To Drive A Normal Car by LikeAking: 9:16pm On Jun 01, 2023
Spending 30k to fuel a car weekly.
Re: If 500 Per Litre Has Come To Stay Then I Can't Afford To Drive A Normal Car by Day169: 10:23pm On Jun 01, 2023
baconline:
"Korope" to the rescue! cheesy

1 Like

Re: If 500 Per Litre Has Come To Stay Then I Can't Afford To Drive A Normal Car by simple250: 11:09pm On Jun 01, 2023
Day169:

"Korope" to the rescue! cheesy

And you think korope is cheap

6 Likes

Re: If 500 Per Litre Has Come To Stay Then I Can't Afford To Drive A Normal Car by senator2k9(m): 12:21am On Jun 02, 2023
baconline:
Are u in Abuja... Don't make the MISTAKE of buying a car without an HONEST Professional to INSPECT for you.

We offer inspection service of any car you want to buy in Abuja. Your location does not matter if you want to utilise our service. You can call us from any part of Nigeria to help you check a car right here in Abuja or even in neighboring states.
Our services include:

© SCANNING OR DIAGNOSING THE CAR FOR ANY HIDDDEN FAULT.
© PERFORMING PHYSICAL INSPECTION OF THE CAR.
© CHECKING THE HISTORY OF THE CAR.
© AFTER PURCHASE CONSULTATION ON HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR Car.
© HELP YOU IN PRICING AND PURCHASE based on the faults detected and if it is still worth a purchase.

Follow us on Integrated solution Autos for all your car tips. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090433257112&mibextid=ZbWKwL

08034059397. (WhatsApp only)
Re: If 500 Per Litre Has Come To Stay Then I Can't Afford To Drive A Normal Car by Soulsymbol99: 7:57am On Jun 02, 2023
Corolla go add money nw grin

4 Likes

Re: If 500 Per Litre Has Come To Stay Then I Can't Afford To Drive A Normal Car by diportivo: 8:54am On Jun 02, 2023
senator2k9:
Are u in Abuja... Don't make the MISTAKE of buying a car without an HONEST Professional to INSPECT for you.

We offer inspection service of any car you want to buy in Abuja. Your location does not matter if you want to utilise our service. You can call us from any part of Nigeria to help you check a car right here in Abuja or even in neighboring states.
Our services include:

© SCANNING OR DIAGNOSING THE CAR FOR ANY HIDDDEN FAULT.
© PERFORMING PHYSICAL INSPECTION OF THE CAR.
© CHECKING THE HISTORY OF THE CAR.
© AFTER PURCHASE CONSULTATION ON HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR Car.
© HELP YOU IN PRICING AND PURCHASE based on the faults detected and if it is still worth a purchase.

Follow us on Integrated solution Autos for all your car tips. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090433257112&mibextid=ZbWKwL

08034059397. (WhatsApp only)

u wan inspect motor for oga baconline?? undecided
Re: If 500 Per Litre Has Come To Stay Then I Can't Afford To Drive A Normal Car by KINGKONG(m): 8:18am On Jun 03, 2023
Go buy hybrid car
Re: If 500 Per Litre Has Come To Stay Then I Can't Afford To Drive A Normal Car by Elsueno: 9:15am On Jun 03, 2023
shocked

There is a car with 0.6 litre engine in Nigeria?

Please where?...I have only seen 1.0 to 1.4, I would love to get the 0.6
Re: If 500 Per Litre Has Come To Stay Then I Can't Afford To Drive A Normal Car by nurey(m): 2:29pm On Jun 03, 2023
Elsueno:
shocked

There is a car with 0.6 litre engine in Nigeria?

Please where?...I have only seen 1.0 to 1.4, I would love to get the 0.6

Toyota Aygo/Peugeot 107

Suzuki Alto

Daihatsu moove, siricon or there about

6 Likes

Re: If 500 Per Litre Has Come To Stay Then I Can't Afford To Drive A Normal Car by sultaan(m): 11:17am On Jun 04, 2023
If you buy normal petrol and run at 8km/l .
Most people don't drive/travel more than 8km back and forth daily.

Normally should not be spending more than N700 daily.
Traffic is a monster especially in Lagos cause by intentional choke points used for road construction contract.
Re: If 500 Per Litre Has Come To Stay Then I Can't Afford To Drive A Normal Car by TheBTCinvestor: 11:33am On Jun 04, 2023
I still can fuel my two machines...3.5L mercs.and i still drive like a get away driver...To fill up my two tanks is like 90k now tho. grin...

1 Like

Re: If 500 Per Litre Has Come To Stay Then I Can't Afford To Drive A Normal Car by Itsrm(m): 2:39pm On Jun 04, 2023
sultaan:
If you buy normal petrol and run at 8km/l .
Most people don't drive/travel more than 8km back and forth daily.

Normally should not be spending more than N700 daily.
Traffic is a monster especially in Lagos cause by intentional choke points used for road construction contract.

Only God knows where you people pull these stats from.

6 Likes

Re: If 500 Per Litre Has Come To Stay Then I Can't Afford To Drive A Normal Car by fineboynl(m): 3:43pm On Jun 04, 2023
Itsrm:

don't mind the guy. If I nor go far I de pull 25miles. That will sock over 7-8L Fuel. V6 3.0L engine.

4 Likes

Re: If 500 Per Litre Has Come To Stay Then I Can't Afford To Drive A Normal Car by sultaan(m): 5:06pm On Jun 04, 2023
fineboynl:
don't mind the guy. If I nor go far I de pull 25miles. That will sock over 7-8L Fuel. V6 3.0L engine.

The whole width of Lagos is about 10 km , if you all check your odometer your daily commute is not more that 8 km, it is the bad roads and traffic that make trip longer, and the bad fuel burns fast

1 Like

Re: If 500 Per Litre Has Come To Stay Then I Can't Afford To Drive A Normal Car by Angrygoat: 8:51pm On Jun 04, 2023
I'm still on 5pins till full tank. 5k fuel every 3 days
Re: If 500 Per Litre Has Come To Stay Then I Can't Afford To Drive A Normal Car by iamademola(m): 9:29pm On Jun 04, 2023
sultaan:

The whole width of Lagos is about 10 km , if you all check your odometer your daily commute is not more that 8 km, it is the bad roads and traffic that make trip longer, and the bad fuel burns fast

Lol. Ojodu beger to Lekki is how many Kms again ?

5 Likes

Re: If 500 Per Litre Has Come To Stay Then I Can't Afford To Drive A Normal Car by kingreign(m): 9:38pm On Jun 04, 2023
diportivo:

u wan inspect motor for oga baconline?? undecided

No mind am. E Dey joke
Re: If 500 Per Litre Has Come To Stay Then I Can't Afford To Drive A Normal Car by Itsrm(m): 10:11pm On Jun 04, 2023
sultaan:

More nonsense

7 Likes

Re: If 500 Per Litre Has Come To Stay Then I Can't Afford To Drive A Normal Car by sultaan(m): 2:05am On Jun 05, 2023
Doe anyone note what their MPG is?

Someone I know spent good money to get a Corolla, but Nigerian Mech took catalytic converter off and jacked up the emission, I told her there is problem with spark plug wires arcing because I can hear them every time I talk on phone when she is driving,

A lot of cars are not under normal condition

1 Like

Re: If 500 Per Litre Has Come To Stay Then I Can't Afford To Drive A Normal Car by Kelvin30286063(m): 2:44am On Jun 05, 2023
baconline:
Now you know why most average westerners drive small and old cars. Especially in the UK and US. Good thing we are getting answer to that age long question of why most people don't buy big cars in Europe and America.

7 Likes

Re: If 500 Per Litre Has Come To Stay Then I Can't Afford To Drive A Normal Car by Kelvin30286063(m): 2:46am On Jun 05, 2023
sultaan:

Are you joking or what? 😀 😀 😀
Forget the joke you made about the width of Lagos... Traffic na your mate?

1 Like

Re: If 500 Per Litre Has Come To Stay Then I Can't Afford To Drive A Normal Car by sultaan(m): 3:44am On Jun 05, 2023
Itsrm:

More nonsense

Felt like 10km but actually 35+ km
Re: If 500 Per Litre Has Come To Stay Then I Can't Afford To Drive A Normal Car by TPound(m): 7:53am On Jun 05, 2023
iamademola:

Lol. Ojodu beger to Lekki is how many Kms again ?

Tiri kilomita grin

2 Likes

Re: If 500 Per Litre Has Come To Stay Then I Can't Afford To Drive A Normal Car by Greystone: 4:12pm On Jun 05, 2023
If not for my income, 4 full tanks a month (I live far from my workplace) at 33k for each full tank (mm
Re: If 500 Per Litre Has Come To Stay Then I Can't Afford To Drive A Normal Car by Greystone: 4:17pm On Jun 05, 2023
Itsrm:

Don’t mind him

1 Like

Re: If 500 Per Litre Has Come To Stay Then I Can't Afford To Drive A Normal Car by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 8:57pm On Jun 05, 2023
Reality bites like a thousand mutts grin

1 Like

Re: If 500 Per Litre Has Come To Stay Then I Can't Afford To Drive A Normal Car by Siberia01(m): 9:49am On Jun 06, 2023
TheBTCinvestor:
I still can fuel my two machines...3.5L mercs.and i still drive like a get away driver...To fill up my two tanks is like 90k now tho. grin...
Who asked you
Bloody scammer AKA Americandad

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If 500 Per Litre Has Come To Stay Then I Can't Afford To Drive A Normal Car by Godsonkemz(m): 9:53am On Jun 06, 2023
Go for bicycle if you can't afford an electric car.
Re: If 500 Per Litre Has Come To Stay Then I Can't Afford To Drive A Normal Car by TheBTCinvestor: 10:01am On Jun 06, 2023
Siberia01:

Who asked you
Bloody scammer AKA Americandad

Hahahaha..kick the bucket if e dey pain u.. grin shebi na me scam ur papa abi

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ford Mondeo 2000?how Reliable Is It And Parts Availability? / Share Your Helmet Experiences Here! Whether Good Bad Or Ugly! / Come In For Solution To All Your Car A/c Troubles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.