Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,452 members, 7,846,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:39 AM

US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I (890 Views)

US Secretary Of State Blinken Says Ukraine Will Be NATO Member / Russia Imposes Sanctions On Biden, Blinken, Other US Officials / Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I by Day169: 10:03am On Jun 04, 2023
As it stands, the Russian military will struggle to make the top 10 in the world.
Re: US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I by obedience4(m): 11:23am On Jun 04, 2023
Masterviolence:
When making a reference, the reference should have similarities.

You still don't understand the goal of the u.s in Afghanistan, or maybe you're wasting my time.
The goal was to wipe-out the Talibans, that means: kill them.
And create a military force out of the Afghan people.
This failed miserably.
Top military analyst and generals around the world called it a failure, including those in the u.s, but am here on a faceless forum arguing with someone who can't accept the fact that his beloved and almighty America failed to win a war against a far inferior force.

I don't want any argument with you, because the next one will be: how the u.s won in Vietnam, outlining numerous and outrageous reasons why the Vietnamese war was a success to the u.s

Seriously how do you expect the USA to wipe the total Taliban, it was never possible to simply wipe out a movement that deals with ideology as it focal point.
They will always people that will be sway to join.
Suppression Is the key, which terrorist group has been total destroyed.
The m23 rebels are still active In Mali even after the French dealt with them.
I get your points thou. But I don't agree with you
Re: US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I by Eneye4me: 11:58am On Jun 04, 2023
obedience4:

In the military especially in military operations they are primary objective and secondary objectives.
Let's use the Korea war for example the USA led UN intervention in Korea was to drive the north koreans from the south, that was the major primary objective by a year the mission was done the north Koreans were remove from the south, then General MacArthur decided that it was feasible to take North Korea too, this thus drawing the Chinese into the war, the USA attacked the North Korea side to the extent the war spilled into china, by the 3 year the USA invasion of North Korea was a failure the Chinese drove them back to the extent they lost the North Korean territory they took and we're push back to the south side of Korea.
Are we going to say the USA objectives in Korea were not achieved because the Chinese defeated them and drove then back to the south.
The objective of the USA was to remove the Taliban which was achieved and the subsequent managing and transfer of security to the Afghans were the failure.
What a stupid analyst. Was Taliban remove?
Re: US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I by Masterviolence(m): 12:11pm On Jun 04, 2023
obedience4:

Seriously how do you expect the USA to wipe the total Taliban, it was never possible to simply wipe out a movement that deals with ideology as it focal point.
They will always people that will be sway to join.
Suppression Is the key, which terrorist group has been total destroyed.
The m23 rebels are still active In Mali even after the French dealt with them.
I get your points thou. But I don't agree with you
Wiping them out doesn't necessarily mean you'll kill every single one of them.

Thank god you made mentioned of suppression, You suppress them to the extent no one will openly admit to being called a Taliban. Today not only are they ruling Afghanistan, but world leaders recognize their rulership including the u.s.

Do you know that no individual or group will ever agree to be called a NAZÏ?. This is because of the suppressive power of the Soviet and it allies during WW2. That's a typical example of how you suppress an ideology.

It doesn't mean every Nazï was killed during WW2, but today no one wants to be called a Nazï because of what happened to them in the past.
Re: US Secretary Of State Blinken Said Russia Claimed It Had The 2nd-best Military I by obedience4(m): 12:44pm On Jun 04, 2023
Eneye4me:
What a stupid analyst. Was Taliban remove?

Remove as in removed from power.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See A Bridge That Was Constructed By Ugandan Senator (photos) / Man's Inhumanity To Man: Terror Attack In Mumbai / Kweku Adoboli Arrested In London Over £1.3bn 'rogue Deals'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.