Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,250 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

Online 'Businesswoman' Arrested In Minna For Defrauding People 150Million - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Online 'Businesswoman' Arrested In Minna For Defrauding People 150Million (25912 Views)

Businesswoman Climbs On Client's Car For Refusing To Pay For Services / Gunmen Kill Businesswoman Serifat Adisa, 2 Children In Oyo (Photo) / Lady, 2 Others Defrauding People Of Over N70Million Through Facebook In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Online 'Businesswoman' Arrested In Minna For Defrauding People 150Million by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 7:46pm On Jun 04, 2023
Finestgurlie:
birds of a feather πŸ˜‚
he would have said something different if the lady was igbo

1 Like

Re: Online 'Businesswoman' Arrested In Minna For Defrauding People 150Million by lexy2014: 7:47pm On Jun 04, 2023
Iyaebethegeeat jennyclay pls help us make sense of this
Re: Online 'Businesswoman' Arrested In Minna For Defrauding People 150Million by Unrated900(m): 7:49pm On Jun 04, 2023
How this kain girl go dupe me, when i no be fool
Well i no kuku dey patronize anything online
Re: Online 'Businesswoman' Arrested In Minna For Defrauding People 150Million by MrBroke(m): 7:49pm On Jun 04, 2023
The level i dey now e no get scam way person fit scan me, i don pass that level so when i hear and see all this scams happening i just dey laugh.
Re: Online 'Businesswoman' Arrested In Minna For Defrauding People 150Million by kachi105(m): 7:51pm On Jun 04, 2023
Get your fact right nairaland the lady in question was duped by an importer (clearing agent) she has been using for the past one year, she rented 2 warehouse hoping that the goods were coming unfortunately she was scammed...
Re: Online 'Businesswoman' Arrested In Minna For Defrauding People 150Million by Finestgurlie(f): 7:51pm On Jun 04, 2023
MASTAkiLLAh:
he would have said something different if the lady was igbo
that guy is a miscreant and a troll.
Seun should weed out these useless bigots out of this great forum
Re: Online 'Businesswoman' Arrested In Minna For Defrauding People 150Million by Aboguede(m): 7:53pm On Jun 04, 2023
OloyeVIII:

You dey your village dey shout lies! How you take know? You ask question, you still give answer... You sure say you dey with us?

Em dey vex because the follow up for the format no complete shocked

Boys dey fine work wey dey pay
Re: Online 'Businesswoman' Arrested In Minna For Defrauding People 150Million by Vintiana: 7:55pm On Jun 04, 2023
Am one of her victims 😭
This girl has caused a lot of people pains.
And to think the money is more than 150m.
It is over 300m.
This news is all over the net yet no hopes of getting our money back.
Re: Online 'Businesswoman' Arrested In Minna For Defrauding People 150Million by nick50(m): 7:59pm On Jun 04, 2023
Yoruba people and fraud..this one na hushpuppy sister
Re: Online 'Businesswoman' Arrested In Minna For Defrauding People 150Million by Smartdoctor: 7:59pm On Jun 04, 2023
It's a c'mon trend in Niger State. Even this physically challenged guy ooo chai!!! Is also into ponzi luring people with his condition to get scammed

Re: Online 'Businesswoman' Arrested In Minna For Defrauding People 150Million by McStoic(m): 8:00pm On Jun 04, 2023
[quote author= post=123537147]Update From . COM

Online 'Businesswoman' arrested in Minna for allegedly defrauding over 100 people of N150m

The Niger State Police Command has arrested an online businesswoman, Akinnowonu Damilola Victoria, for allegedly defrauding over one hundred people of N150m.

Spokesperson of the command, DSP Wasiu Abiodun, who disclosed this in a statement on Friday, June 2, 2023, said the suspect deceived her victims that her goods were seized by the Customs after they made orders.

"A case of cheating, criminal breach of trust and internet-related offenses was referred to the Command from Magistrate Court Minna on 22/05/2023 involving one Akinnowonu Damilola Victoria aged 23yrs of Kolawole Street Tunga, Minna,” the statement read.

"Immediately the case was referred, Police operatives attached to SCID swung into action and the suspect was arrested with the help of the family and during interrogation, she claimed to have been operating an online business for about a year ago, via a link she discovered on Facebook, by showcasing items such as female clothes, bags, shoes, phones, laptops and other electronic gadgets.

"She said that through this act, she was able to gather many customers online who usually place orders for such items. She asserted further that due to her customers' complaints about price, she took some orders at a low rate and sometimes used the proceed to supply other customers.

"Consequently, piling up orders she could not meet up for other transactions. Preliminary investigation revealed that she deceived her victims that her goods were seized by the Customs. She also rented two warehouses located in Tunga/Kpakungu areas of Minna with over two million naira, which she used to deepen her fraud escapades.

"She confessed that by her rough estimates, she is owing over one hundred customers to the tune of about one hundred and fifty million naira. Presently about 72 victims have so far surfaced at SCID Minna giving the Police, the statements of their ordeal with the suspect.

β€œThe case is under investigation, as the suspect is undergoing interrogation at SCID Minna, and she will be arraigned before the court for prosecution as soon as investigation is concluded.”

See Her CAC CERTIFICATE, As Obtained By Below:

Source: https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2023/6/online-businesswoman-arrested-in-minna-for-allegedly-defrauding-over-100-people-of-n150m-2.html[/quote
Igbo woman why na? Ndi ofe mmanu ehh
Re: Online 'Businesswoman' Arrested In Minna For Defrauding People 150Million by sisisioge: 8:17pm On Jun 04, 2023
Wetin small girl like this dey carry 150m do? E no even show for her face! Hian!
Re: Online 'Businesswoman' Arrested In Minna For Defrauding People 150Million by Perewenkle1: 8:19pm On Jun 04, 2023
A very good way for her to make money gradually over time through her on line business orders but her greed for quick money destroyed all that.
Re: Online 'Businesswoman' Arrested In Minna For Defrauding People 150Million by NaijaCover(m): 8:23pm On Jun 04, 2023
Confirmedzombie:

Why is it that na only bad news dey publish.

Abi na where dey work him dey chop

You Know The Answer
Re: Online 'Businesswoman' Arrested In Minna For Defrauding People 150Million by Onyiiobi7735(m): 8:28pm On Jun 04, 2023
angry angry This woman must be a high ranking witch,to have gone that far.So after successfully duping ten people,she wasn't satisfied and kept on till she had a victim toll of one hundred.
Greed is always the downfall of all criminals.
The witch should be sentenced to 100 years imprisonment without mercy.
See her face like that of the Indonesian ape,Orang utang.
Her lips resemble the pussy of a pig.
Re: Online 'Businesswoman' Arrested In Minna For Defrauding People 150Million by mechanics(m): 8:39pm On Jun 04, 2023
Hmmmmm, she's looking innocent.
Re: Online 'Businesswoman' Arrested In Minna For Defrauding People 150Million by Desusi: 8:50pm On Jun 04, 2023
This woman is a disgrace to womanhood. I wonder why get rich syndrome is disturbing a twenty three years old lady.what would she do with #150 million fraud?
Re: Online 'Businesswoman' Arrested In Minna For Defrauding People 150Million by simfrost90210: 9:11pm On Jun 04, 2023
millionboi2:
can you imagine having such a customer base and abuse it,you have 150million prepare visa enter china and start picking the goods one by one after which you deliver even if it delays.common sense is not common out all

She actually did it for fun..
There was a short knowledge of a boomerang
Re: Online 'Businesswoman' Arrested In Minna For Defrauding People 150Million by Nwaotu10(m): 9:34pm On Jun 04, 2023
Goalnaldo:
lol, Wetin be this? God, nothing i wont see in this forum.
I understand you came from a rich family. You don't understand the struggles.
Re: Online 'Businesswoman' Arrested In Minna For Defrauding People 150Million by Goalnaldo(m): 9:46pm On Jun 04, 2023
Nwaotu10:

I understand you came from a rich family. You don't understand the struggles.
i came from poor family bro but they are noble things one can do apart from scams

1 Like

Re: Online 'Businesswoman' Arrested In Minna For Defrauding People 150Million by davillian(m): 9:48pm On Jun 04, 2023
At 23 ? There is a big problem in this country
Re: Online 'Businesswoman' Arrested In Minna For Defrauding People 150Million by Nwaotu10(m): 9:50pm On Jun 04, 2023
Goalnaldo:
i came from poor family bro but they are noble things one can do apart from scams
Ok.
You came from a poor family that can afford 3square meal per day.
Ok. Bye.
Re: Online 'Businesswoman' Arrested In Minna For Defrauding People 150Million by kingsceemark(m): 11:11pm On Jun 04, 2023
From skull mining business to stealing, they don carry their criminality enter up north
Re: Online 'Businesswoman' Arrested In Minna For Defrauding People 150Million by alimiadedayo1: 11:31pm On Jun 04, 2023
bamac:
Well, it is just the case of bad people spoiling the show of the good ones.

I am a Jumia agent and I can tell you that 80% of my customers are from Nairaland, I don't know them from anywhere else, in fact, not in person but they trusted me with their money and up till date I don't have anyone who can stand and say I defrauded him or her, instead, they keep referring people to me for Jumia orders due to the awesome experience with me and thwir orders.

Fraudulent people are just everywhere.
how can I be a jumai agent too am interested in becoming one
Re: Online 'Businesswoman' Arrested In Minna For Defrauding People 150Million by Donedeal1(m): 3:24am On Jun 05, 2023
Beautiful thief.
Re: Online 'Businesswoman' Arrested In Minna For Defrauding People 150Million by Reelmii: 8:06am On Jun 05, 2023
Someone has complained about being scammed by her here
Re: Online 'Businesswoman' Arrested In Minna For Defrauding People 150Million by lakesider2006(m): 8:20am On Jun 05, 2023
dominique:
Wahala for who dey patronize all these online vendors. How can you be sending large sums of money to a stranger in a country of people where fraud is justified? And some of these people defrauded have friends and family selling the same things this scammer is selling. Patronize them, mba. They prefer to send money to an online stranger.
you are 100% right my dear
Re: Online 'Businesswoman' Arrested In Minna For Defrauding People 150Million by Alonso91(m): 8:31am On Jun 05, 2023
O gbe won no handicap...

See where there gullibility don land Dem.....iffa trust any online business with 1kobo make i bend
Re: Online 'Businesswoman' Arrested In Minna For Defrauding People 150Million by MarketDispatch: 10:03am On Jun 05, 2023
post=123537147:
Update From . COM

"Immediately the case was referred, Police
Source: https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2023/6/online-businesswoman-arrested-in-minna-for-allegedly-defrauding-over-100-people-of-n150m-2.html

This one is a foolish woman...rather than be honestly making good business by supplying her customers thereby growing her business, she resorted to fraud. It is all over for her.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'I Got Sexually Assaulted By My Mother's Partner Who She Is Still With'- Victim / Police Rescues Kidnapped Bauchi Girls Forcefully Converted To Islam / 4 Robbers Arrested While Attempting To Strangle Victim Over N60k (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.