Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Championing Students Welfarism & Quality Education:an Interview With Comrade MVP - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Championing Students Welfarism & Quality Education:an Interview With Comrade MVP (179 Views)

Advocacy For Boy-child Education: An Impending Doom / Canary Point Launches Foundation With Focus On Quality Education For Indigents / Nans Meet Ondo Commisioner For Education On Students Welfarism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Championing Students Welfarism & Quality Education:an Interview With Comrade MVP by Acadatv: 10:59am On Jun 03, 2023
Championing Students Welfarism and Quality Education: An Interview with NANS ZONE D PRO aspirant, Comrade Olufemi 'MVP' Owoeye.

Ogun State, Nigeria – June 1st, 2023 –

Q: Can you tell us a bit about yourself, your background in student activism and why you are running for the position of Public Relations Officer for the National Association of Nigerian Students, Southwest (ZONE D)?

A: My name is Olufemi Owoeye, also known as MVP, and I am a student of the prestigious Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta. My journey in student activism started when I was in primary school, where I served as the Library Prefect. Since then, I have been actively involved in various student organizations and movements, advocating for the rights and welfare of Nigerian students. Most recently, I have been privileged to serve the entire MAPOLY students as Students Union Government Rt. Hon. Speaker before emerging as PRO, NANS Ogun Axis.

I am running for the position of Public Relations Officer because I believe that I have the required knowledge, skills, experience and passion necessary to effectively communicate the needs and concerns of Nigerian students to the government and other stakeholders. I am not just an activist and student leader, I am also a professional PR practitioner with various certifications and experiences.

Q: What do you consider to be the major issues affecting students' welfare in Nigeria, and how do you plan to address them if elected?

A: There are several critical issues affecting the welfare of Nigerian students, including poor funding of education, inadequate infrastructure, and the lack of access to basic amenities such as healthcare, electricity and housing. If elected, I plan to work with other stakeholders to advocate for increased funding for education, better infrastructure in our schools, and improved access to basic amenities.

Additionally, I believe that we need to address the issue of insecurity on our campuses. Nigerian students are increasingly becoming targets of kidnappers and other criminals, and this is a major threat to our safety and well-being. I will work with relevant authorities to ensure that our campuses are safe and secure for learning.

Q: How do you plan to improve the relationship between the government and Nigerian students?

A: One of the major challenges facing Nigerian students is the disconnect between the government and the student community. As Public Relations Officer, I will work to bridge this gap by engaging with government officials and policymakers on behalf of Nigerian students. I will also organize town hall meetings and other forums where students can directly interact with government officials and express their concerns.

Furthermore, I will work towards promoting transparency and accountability in the allocation of resources to our schools. Nigerian students deserve to know how their tuition and other fees are being used, and I will work to ensure that this information is readily available to them.

Q: With the current state of the Nigerian educational system, what areas do you think President Bola Ahmed Tinubu should focus on first?

A: Among others, our President must as a matter of urgency intervene in the areas of provision of modern educational facilities, curriculum review to align with current trends, and increased investment in teacher training and development. I also believe that the government needs to engage in public-private partnerships to provide scholarships and bursaries for indigent students.

Q: What are some of the innovative solutions you propose to improve the welfare of Nigerian students?

A: One of the innovative solutions I propose is the establishment of a student welfare fund that will provide financial support to students who are facing financial hardship. This fund will be supported by contributions from government, corporate organizations, and other stakeholders.

I also believe that we need to leverage technology to improve the delivery of education in Nigeria. By investing in e-learning platforms and other digital tools, we can make education more accessible and affordable for Nigerian students.

Finally, I believe that we need to promote entrepreneurship among Nigerian students. By providing training and support for student entrepreneurs, we can create a new generation of job creators and innovators who will contribute to the economic development of our country.

Q: What do you think sets you apart from other candidates running for this position?

A: Firstly, I am a certified PR executives with job experience at different organisations and establishments. I come with an advantage of practical knowledge and demonstratable skills.
Among other positions, I have been able to cut my teeth as SUG Speaker and NANS Ogun State PRO in addition to the valuable experience I gained while working with government officials, policymakers, and other stakeholders to advocate for the rights of students.

I also believe that my passion, experience, and commitment to the welfare of Nigerian students set me apart from other candidates.

Furthermore, I have a deep understanding of the challenges facing Nigerian students, having experienced many of these challenges firsthand. I have worked tirelessly to address these challenges and I am committed to continuing this work in the role of Public Relations Officer for all students in the Southwestern Nigeria region.

Finally, I believe that my innovative ideas and solutions for addressing the issues facing Nigerian students also set me apart from other candidates. I am not afraid to think outside the box and propose bold solutions that can make a real difference in the lives of Nigerian students.

Q: How do you plan to collaborate with other student leaders and organizations in the Southwest zone to achieve your goals?

A: Collaboration is key to achieving our goals as Nigerian students. If elected, I plan to work closely with other student leaders and organizations in the Southwest zone to develop and implement strategies that will promote the welfare of Nigerian students.

I will organize regular meetings and forums where we can share ideas and best practices, and I will work to build strong relationships with other student leaders and organizations in the zone. I will also encourage greater participation and engagement of students in the decision-making process, ensuring that their voices are heard and their concerns are addressed.

In addition, I will work with other student leaders and organizations to organize campaigns and movements that seek to promote the rights and welfare of Nigerian students. Together, we can make a real difference in the lives of Nigerian students and ensure that their voices are heard at all levels of government and society.

Q:How do you plan to engage with the media to promote the interests of Nigerian students?

Answer: As a practicing broadcaster and PR executive myself, I fully appreciate the importance of the media in activism and beyond. If elected, I plan to engage with the media through regular press releases, press conferences, media appearances and other media platforms to promote the interests of Nigerian students. I will also work with the media to create awareness about issues affecting Nigerian students and advocate for policies and programs that promote their welfare and well-being.

Q: Finally, what message do you have for Nigerian students as they prepare to elect their leaders?

A: To my fellow Nigerian students, I say this: your voice matters, and your vote counts. As students, we have the power to shape the future of our country, and we must exercise that power by electing leaders who are committed to promoting our rights and welfare.

I am running for the position of Public Relations Officer because I believe that I have the passion, skills, and experience necessary to effectively communicate our needs and concerns to the government and other stakeholders. If elected, I will work tirelessly to promote the welfare of Nigerian students and ensure that our voices are heard and our rights are protected.

So I urge all Leaders, Cadres, Stakeholders and Senators to support and vote for me and other leaders who are committed to promoting the welfare of Nigerian students. Together, we can build a better future for ourselves and for our country. Thank you. Aluta Continua, Victoria Ascerta!

In conclusion, Comrade Olufemi 'MVP' Owoeye has demonstrated his commitment to championing student welfarism and quality education in Nigeria. His vision and plans for improving the Nigerian educational system and government relations with Nigerian students are commendable. We wish him the best of luck in his bid for the post.

(1) (Reply)

Wolrd Most Dangerous Plane Landing / The Ultimate Guide To Green Bin Collection In Liverpool: A Reliable Service By L / Exxonmobil Expected To Pay $4.2million For Allegedly Sacking A Staff Who Refused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.