Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

FG Bans Underage Candidates From Taking Common Entrance Exams - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Bans Underage Candidates From Taking Common Entrance Exams (35134 Views)

Liang Shi Fails 27th Attempt At Passing University Entrance Exams / FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Taking External WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB / FG Bans Assemblies, Overcrowding, Visiting Days As Schools Resume On Monday 18 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Bans Underage Candidates From Taking Common Entrance Exams by HacheNoire: 11:34am On Jun 04, 2023
successmatters:

Yes, bright children must be forced to wait for their mates who may never be able to solve elementary maths till they get to adulthood.

Is that good mental development to you.

Their should be brackets, if the child does not meet the bracket, he/she can always venture into something else to buy time e.g coding, musical instruments or sports.

The age bracket is the first thing that need to be set to curb all these long jump.

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Underage Candidates From Taking Common Entrance Exams by successmatters(m): 11:40am On Jun 04, 2023
HacheNoire:

Who is buying those questions? PARENTS

Parents made the crime financially profitable.

You have zero proof brother.

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Underage Candidates From Taking Common Entrance Exams by successmatters(m): 11:42am On Jun 04, 2023
HacheNoire:

Their should be brackets, if the child does not meet the bracket, he/she can always venture into something else to buy time e.g coding, musical instruments or sports.

The age bracket is the first thing that need to be set to curb all these long jump.

Wait, are you implying that the parents of the children that failed cannot bribe the school again? 😳

The same parents you have been accusing for corruption will suddenly fold their hands and allow their loved children to be humiliated out of school? cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Bans Underage Candidates From Taking Common Entrance Exams by HacheNoire: 11:43am On Jun 04, 2023
successmatters:

You have zero proof brother.

Oh! So those teachers impose it on parents?

How about schools that admit children to higher classes? The schools mandate it on the parents.

Common! Parents are the major propellant of all the educational long jump you can think of.

2 Likes

Re: FG Bans Underage Candidates From Taking Common Entrance Exams by HacheNoire: 11:45am On Jun 04, 2023
successmatters:

Wait, are you implying that the parents of the children that failed cannot bribe the school again? 😳

The same parents you have been accusing for corruption will suddenly fold their hands and allow their loved children to be humiliated out of school? cheesy cheesy cheesy

I meant in situations where he/she does not meet the age requirement to move into the next school.
Re: FG Bans Underage Candidates From Taking Common Entrance Exams by successmatters(m): 11:46am On Jun 04, 2023
HacheNoire:

I meant in situations where he/she does not meet the age requirement to move into the next school.

grin grin

4 Likes

Re: FG Bans Underage Candidates From Taking Common Entrance Exams by greenmonk: 12:23pm On Jun 04, 2023
successmatters:

Good, good, but in Nigeria where there are no special classes, the bright children who can solve calculux at age 6 will be banned and kept back just because their mates cannot do the same till they turn 30? 😀

Do you now see the problems of Nigeria?

I support your views. The bane of our country is always making blanket rules without putting into consideration for exceptional cases.
I have seen a child of 8years who was more mentally developed than 12 year olds that the pastor have to send him to adult section of the church at the age of nine where he continued by answering and asking the most questions during Bible lessons.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Bans Underage Candidates From Taking Common Entrance Exams by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:30pm On Jun 04, 2023
Lagos had d highest enrollment followed by FCT... and Okwute won overwhelmedlly in those places!

Abeg, who be d ppl wey vote 4 emilokan again sef?

Re: FG Bans Underage Candidates From Taking Common Entrance Exams by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:36pm On Jun 04, 2023
Allow people go to school. Don't hold them back with age talk. Look at this girl in America going to University to study medicine at 13 years but we don't want 9 years old to write common entrance.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Bans Underage Candidates From Taking Common Entrance Exams by HacheNoire: 12:53pm On Jun 04, 2023
TheGoodJoe:
Allow people go to school. Don't hold them back with age talk. Look at this girl in America going to University to study medicine at 13 years but we don't want 9 years old to write common entrance.

That’s 13 year old kid was admitted through a special program which I mentioned earlier. It’s not a direct flight. Such happens probably once in a decade and you certain that she got to that spot on 100% merit.

Unlike in our own system, such is not the case. Influences play the major role.

Ordinarily, the US has age limits in ALL its educational requirements. Down to KG 1
Re: FG Bans Underage Candidates From Taking Common Entrance Exams by juman(m): 1:01pm On Jun 04, 2023
Parents that desire their children to further at that age can go to private secondary school.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Bans Underage Candidates From Taking Common Entrance Exams by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:03pm On Jun 04, 2023
HacheNoire:

That’s 13 year old kid was admitted through a special program which I mentioned earlier. It’s not a direct flight. Such happens probably once in a decade and you certain that she got to that spot on 100% merit.

Unlike in our own system, such is not the case. Influences play the major role.

Ordinarily, the US has age limits in ALL its educational requirements. Down to KG 1

Which one is special, the government of Nigeria is telling us is by age.

If nine-year-olds can pass the common entrance, let them go to school, if 13 years old is gifted enough to enter University to read medicine.

Crap decision.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Bans Underage Candidates From Taking Common Entrance Exams by HacheNoire: 1:08pm On Jun 04, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Which one is special, the government of Nigeria is telling us is by age.

If nine-year-olds can pass the common entrance, let them go to school, if 13 years old is gifted enough to enter University to read medicine.

Crap decision.

Age limits should be put into play because that’s the only way to curb flight. When the system is lose, trust Nigeria, they can afford the flight which has been happening for decades and still happening.

You definitely know how it goes except you want to pretend you don’t. It’s even becoming a norm.

If you see what they call year 1 students now, you just be laughing and wondering how they all made it so fast
Re: FG Bans Underage Candidates From Taking Common Entrance Exams by Solsix(m): 1:11pm On Jun 04, 2023
CondenseMilk:
Very true!

Being educated means that you have been found worthy of character and in learning.

Grades sometimes makes us to lose the real sense of Life.
Unfortunately most parents don't care about the character aspect. Being a teacher teacher these days is the most difficult job to do in Nigeria.
Re: FG Bans Underage Candidates From Taking Common Entrance Exams by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:11pm On Jun 04, 2023
HacheNoire:

Age limits should be put into play because that’s the only way to curb flight. When the system is lose, trust Nigeria, they can afford the flight which has been happening for decades and still happening.

You definitely know how it goes except you want to pretend you don’t. It’s even becoming a norm.

If you see what they call year 1 students now, you just be laughing and wondering how they all made it so fast

If they are capable of assimilating what is being taught and are bright enough to excel, their age should not restrict them.

The common entrance will show if they are mentally capable for secondary school. Not age.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Bans Underage Candidates From Taking Common Entrance Exams by freemanq(m): 1:12pm On Jun 04, 2023
Nigeria education system is almost gone may God help us

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Bans Underage Candidates From Taking Common Entrance Exams by HacheNoire: 1:15pm On Jun 04, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

If they are capable of assimilating what is being thought and are bright enough to excel, their age should not restrict them.

The common entrance will show if they are mentally capable for secondary school. Not age.

Common entrance?

I know you old and still believe the standards of those days still exist. Common entrance is like jamb now.

Like those days when you have to enroll in primary six. Now you can just change the school of the child, enroll he/she in another school and he/she will write the exam. As a matter of fact, you can buy expo for common entrance. Verify and get back, I am not saying what I don’t know. You can even buy admission in your choice secondary school.

So you see, their is nothing checkmating the system. It’s like a free for all, if you can afford it.
Re: FG Bans Underage Candidates From Taking Common Entrance Exams by chrisifeanyi: 2:22pm On Jun 04, 2023
Don't blame them. Most jobs now requires you to be 21 years at most

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Bans Underage Candidates From Taking Common Entrance Exams by IamANigerianMan: 2:49pm On Jun 04, 2023
successmatters:

Lies.
What is a lie? To an average Yoruba person , education is all about paper qualification.

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Underage Candidates From Taking Common Entrance Exams by kingthreat(m): 2:59pm On Jun 04, 2023
successmatters:
These kids needs to gain a year of two to provide for the year they will lose to ASUU strikes later in their lives. grin

The parents are wise.

I thought its only on politics you say garbage. Now I realize it is part and parcel of your existence

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FG Bans Underage Candidates From Taking Common Entrance Exams by Asswipemod: 3:08pm On Jun 04, 2023
DatNiggaDaz:
Allways thinking upside down

See your life? Who in his right mind will misspell a simple word like"always"?
It's only one person. Wailer Bozo Banton!😆😆😆😆
Re: FG Bans Underage Candidates From Taking Common Entrance Exams by RevolverOcelot(m): 3:30pm On Jun 04, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Instead of them to talk of subsidizing school fees, they are trying to stifle brilliant kids from reaching their true potential. If a kid can do calculus at a university level at age 8 then what is that kid still doing solving basic arithmetic in primary school?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Bans Underage Candidates From Taking Common Entrance Exams by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:08pm On Jun 04, 2023
HacheNoire:

Common entrance?

I know you old and still believe the standards of those days still exist. Common entrance is like jamb now.

Like those days when you have to enroll in primary six. Now you can just change the school of the child, enroll he/she in another school and he/she will write the exam. As a matter of fact, you can buy expo for common entrance. Verify and get back, I am not saying what I don’t know. You can even buy admission in your choice secondary school.

So you see, their is nothing checkmating the system. It’s like a free for all, if you can afford it.

Because people can buy common entrance, you buy stopping a smart kid that can easily solve it from getting into secondary school because he is young. I guess older kids can't buy common entrance.

Please, let kids go to school. That age talk does not add up.

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Underage Candidates From Taking Common Entrance Exams by simfrost90210: 4:28pm On Jun 04, 2023
sad is that a development?
Oh Oh Okay! That's not really nice!
Re: FG Bans Underage Candidates From Taking Common Entrance Exams by wellmax(m): 4:28pm On Jun 04, 2023
Sensible advice, but i don't see any ban here. Just advises.
Re: FG Bans Underage Candidates From Taking Common Entrance Exams by udemzyudex(m): 4:29pm On Jun 04, 2023
successmatters:

Some children are smarter than others, one size cannot be allowed to fit all.

I don't think it's all about being smart.
Re: FG Bans Underage Candidates From Taking Common Entrance Exams by gameova(m): 4:29pm On Jun 04, 2023
Honestly, i don't see the sense in this.

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Underage Candidates From Taking Common Entrance Exams by NamelessOGBENI(m): 4:30pm On Jun 04, 2023
successmatters:
These kids needs to gain a year of two to provide for the year they will lose to ASUU strikes later in their lives. grin

The parents are wise.
Sadly, you're right.

Some might gain admission years after writing JAMB, some might end up with a different field of study, imagine a boy whose dream is to be doc is now studying Forestry, abeg na...

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed / Solomon Dalung At Lagos Sea School, Expresses Disappointment / Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.