Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,840 members, 7,844,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, 20 Million Destinies Are Hanging On You! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, 20 Million Destinies Are Hanging On You! (275 Views)

Davido Hanging On A Moving Keke In London (Video) / Naira Marley: I Charge 20 Million For A Show - Singer Flaunts His Cars / E-Money Of Ghana Promises To Give Tacha 20 Million Naira On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, 20 Million Destinies Are Hanging On You! by DejiPlug(m): 2:19pm On Jun 04, 2023
LET EVERYTHING THAT HAS BREATH PRAISE THE LORD. PRAISE GOD

‘O kan yin bayi, baba’, it’s your turn, Asiwaju; you can’t fail, you won’t fail. The single voting stake I have, like the Biblical widow with the mite, I gave it all to you at the polls of 25th February 2023. In my own little way, as much as capacity permitted, I drummed support for you. Some friends and family didn’t like me for it but c’est la vie. When it comes to political choices you won’t have everyone together. All that is done, Alhamdulillah, you emerged victorious and you were inaugurated the 16th President and Commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on 29th May 2023. That is the end of politics time!

Now is governance time! It’s Asiwaju’s turn, eyin lo kan baba. ‘Eni l’ori l’ori n fo’, the late Sikiru Ayinde Barrister crooned that popular Yoruba proverb. ‘Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown’ perhaps carry an equivalent weight as an English proverb, I do not envy you right now. There is so much work on your table for which you do not feign ignorance, exhibit disinterest, or shirk responsibility - a major quality I admire about you. And you have hit the ground running with the fuel pricing saga which Nigeria has grappled with for as long as memory can serve me. You are primed for Nigeria’s no. 1 job. You are ready to lead not just Africa’s most populous nation but the Pride of the Black Race to prosperity. May God help you to succeed and Nigeria succeed, then the Black Race is on its way to reclaiming her prophetic lost grounds.

Among other issues that you must address, Asiwaju, my one-point agenda is education. You promised time and again on the campaign trail that a 4-year course will, indeed, span 4 years. My 20-year-old friend who is about to gain admission this 2023 is worried and afraid if he will be able to finish at age 24 because many Nigerian jobs now seek 22-year-olds. A whole generation will respect and distinguish you for this promise, if you do not renege!

Beyond ASUU, ASUP, COEASU, NATS, NASU, and tertiary education, the UNESCO-estimated 20 million out-of-school children in Nigeria are looking up to you. 20 million destinies are hanging on you. 20 million is real for we can see them daily in all 36 states and FCT hawking on the streets, wandering and begging on the roads and laybys, running errands as house-helps, while some are engaging in social vices between 8am and 2pm when their contemporaries are in school. They are still there even this morning.

Our primary and secondary education deserves priority attention in this regard. Coordinate efforts with the states and local governments to ensure that these levels of education are free, not just that, let them be compulsory and qualitative. Let the curricula be fitted to meet the needs and aspirations of a 21st-century child. Let these levels of education be all-inclusive not leaving a child behind on the basis of disease, disability, or others.

Concerns such as school uniforms and stationery may be a major impediment for some resource-poor families and communities, can we find a way around those needs? Maybe a cloth bank, stationery bank akin to the food banks run by some countries where those materials can be obtained at subsidised rate? When these concerns are addressed, then it should be punishable under law for any parent or guardian to keep a child away from school. A 6-hour daily consistent focus on education for 12 years in a child’s life can be the leverage for a destiny. It shouldn’t be toyed with by anyone. And please don’t terminate the School Feeding Programme, rather improve it.

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu GCFR, education is light. Education is leverage. With education, it is possible for a person to navigate in life. With education, even our political participation will be better. Education inspires the mind to opportunities. Education is light, literally, it is a win-win. Electricity is light, too, you should pay attention to it!

We are #BlackNotDark

GODSPOWERPROJECT

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, 20 Million Destinies Are Hanging On You! by Wodu89: 2:24pm On Jun 04, 2023
You ethnic bigots never learn. Smh. Your education is a waste.
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, 20 Million Destinies Are Hanging On You! by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 04, 2023
Na your own destiny dey hang untop drug mandate...that's if you even have a promising future at all...alaye koshi
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, 20 Million Destinies Are Hanging On You! by DejiPlug(m): 7:37am On Jun 05, 2023
Wodu89:
You ethnic bigots never learn. Smh. Your education is a waste.

This was written by Yomi Oyelami, co-author of Asiwaju's book. He has rights to have a say

(1) (Reply)

The Unveiling Of Asake's Album "Work Of Art": Tracklist,release Date And More / See This Big Big Br€@sts, African Lady Trends Over Her New Video – {watch} / Portable Narrate How Street Fans Takes His Phone, Necklace On Stage In Lokoja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.