Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

How Does The Common Man Benefit From Subsidy Removal? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Does The Common Man Benefit From Subsidy Removal? (472 Views)

FG Has Saved ₦‎1.45 Trillion From Subsidy Removal - Mohammed Idris / Where Are The Savings From Subsidy Removal? - Obinna Chima / We Will Fix Refineries With Money Saved From Subsidy Removal - Timipre Sylva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does The Common Man Benefit From Subsidy Removal? by Xxxxtentacion2: 6:25pm On Jun 04, 2023
Most people keep hyping this subsidy removal as the next best thing after agege bread. But if you take a closer look the real people who benefit from subsidy removal are the big wigs and rich men like dangote.
Subsidy removal has absolutely no benefit for the common on the street...
If you think otherwise you can start by listing ways you have benefited from subsidy removal on a personal or individual level...

1 Like

Re: How Does The Common Man Benefit From Subsidy Removal? by successmatters(m): 6:27pm On Jun 04, 2023
Well, by shouting Sai baba on empty stomach
Re: How Does The Common Man Benefit From Subsidy Removal? by Fireboy02: 6:31pm On Jun 04, 2023
Xxxxtentacion2:
Most people keep hyping this subsidy removal as the next best thing after agege bread. But if you take a closer look the real people who benefit from subsidy removal are the big wigs and rich men like dangote.
Subsidy removal has absolutely no benefit for the common on the street...
If you think otherwise you can start by listing ways you have benefited from subsidy removal on a personal or individual level...
What's stopping u from being like dangote
Re: How Does The Common Man Benefit From Subsidy Removal? by judatech: 6:56pm On Jun 04, 2023
What you should have asked us to do is: name one Nigerian government policy that was solely created for the benefit of the common man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Does The Common Man Benefit From Subsidy Removal? by Magnetic010: 7:33pm On Jun 04, 2023
Same question I keep asking. This should be the second or third time this subsidy is being “removed” either partial or whole…but I can’t point to a single project the “saved billions” have been channeled to….

Nigeria is a joke take it or leave it and Nigerians are the most gullible tribalistic set of humans to ever walk the earth. They only support something if it’s orchestrated by someone from their tribe/region…We deserve the leaders we have simple.

1 Like

Re: How Does The Common Man Benefit From Subsidy Removal? by Xxxxtentacion2: 7:39pm On Jun 04, 2023
Fireboy02:

What's stopping u from being like dangote
we all have unique destinies everybody can't be like dangote
Re: How Does The Common Man Benefit From Subsidy Removal? by mbaise1000: 7:48pm On Jun 04, 2023
Magnetic010:
Same question I keep asking. This should be the second or third time this subsidy is being “removed” either partial or whole…but I can’t point to a single project the “saved billions” have been channeled to….

Nigeria is a joke take it or leave it and Nigerians are the most gullible tribalistic set of humans to ever walk the earth. They only support something if it’s orchestrated by someone from their tribe/region…We deserve the leaders we have simple.

Not all nigerians, you are afraid to name THOSE hugely responsible, THOSE that will vote against their personal interests just to spite others and will call THOSE they want to spite haters, if you say all nigerians, you are insulting the 5% who are always insulted because they choose not to follow the rest of nigerians, why is it said that IGBOS don't know how to play politics? We are not against the removal of this subsidy in 2012, we did not occupy nigeria then and we were vilified for it, today, THOSE that were against it and occupied nigeria against it are the ones doing it now and the worst again is that their foot soldiers making all the noise here are the most hungry ones supporting those killing them because they answer the same name,
Nonsense
Re: How Does The Common Man Benefit From Subsidy Removal? by mbaise1000: 7:54pm On Jun 04, 2023
I know that PDP were evil but these apc are worse than evil, this fuel subsidy is about the only thing that the common man gains from the nigerian government and even that smallest thing has being taken away from him,
This is simply like nigeria have 1000, the political robbers will take 950 naira and give the ordinary nigerians 50 naira through that subsidy, now they have collected back even that 50 naira and some zombies here will be defending them not because they will get any thing but because of tribe and party
Re: How Does The Common Man Benefit From Subsidy Removal? by Magnetic010: 7:55pm On Jun 04, 2023
mbaise1000:

Not all nigerians, you are afraid to name THOSE hugely responsible, THOSE that will vote against their personal interests just to spite others and will call THOSE they want to spite haters, if you say all nigerians, you are insulting the 5% who are always insulted because they choose not to follow the rest of nigerians, why is it said that IGBOS don't know how to play politics? We are not against the removal of this subsidy in 2012, we did not occupy nigeria then and we were vilified for it, today, THOSE that were against it and occupied nigeria against it are the ones doing it now and the worst again is that their foot soldiers making all the noise here are the most hungry ones supporting those killing them because they answer the same name,
Nonsense
Sorry but I don’t agree with you. I still stand on my word when I say Nigerians and I mean all Nigerians- I’m from the South-Delta state to be precise and I have been fortunate or unfortunate to stay and live with Nigerians from all geo political zones and in over 11 states and one thing I know for sure is how deeply tribalistic Nigerians are. So maybe you are different which is good the country needs that but I know what I mean when I say Nigerians trust me we are like a very very disturbingly dysfunctional family(society)
Re: How Does The Common Man Benefit From Subsidy Removal? by Fireboy02: 9:17pm On Jun 04, 2023
Xxxxtentacion2:
we all have unique destinies everybody can't be like dangote
Then, don't be obstacle to anther man business
Re: How Does The Common Man Benefit From Subsidy Removal? by Savedday2: 9:33pm On Jun 04, 2023
Of what use is subsidy removal when we know that few individuals will still loot the money?

As far as am concerned, subsidy is the only thing the common man is benefiting from the government.

Buhari increased the price of fuel he didn't use the money to do anything instead, he borrowed more money for looting.

Make them leave our subsidy for us!
Re: How Does The Common Man Benefit From Subsidy Removal? by mbaise1000: 4:44pm On Jun 05, 2023
Magnetic010:
Sorry but I don’t agree with you. I still stand on my word when I say Nigerians and I mean all Nigerians- I’m from the South-Delta state to be precise and I have been fortunate or unfortunate to stay and live with Nigerians from all geo political zones and in over 11 states and one thing I know for sure is how deeply tribalistic Nigerians are. So maybe you are different which is good the country needs that but I know what I mean when I say Nigerians trust me we are like a very very disturbingly dysfunctional family(society)

And there must be a solution, and the most important thing you said here is that nigeria is dysfunctional, all of us agreed on that. There must be a solution.
When you put together thing that don't fit, it can never function no matter how you push it, we all have to be realistic and face the fact that nigeria cannot function as an entity,
Re: How Does The Common Man Benefit From Subsidy Removal? by Xxxxtentacion2: 5:23pm On Jun 05, 2023
Fireboy02:

Then, don't be obstacle to anther man business
are you normal...
How am I an obstacle to dangotes business
Re: How Does The Common Man Benefit From Subsidy Removal? by joyandfaith: 5:29pm On Jun 05, 2023
judatech:
What you should have asked us to do is: name one Nigerian government that solely created for the benefit of the common man.

Exactly.

(1) (Reply)

Why Tinubu Was Able To Remove The Subsidy? / Did Obi Ever Appoint a Non Indigene Into His Govt ? / Keep Your Militia Away From Southeast– IPOB Warns Asari Dokubo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.