Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,479 members, 7,819,745 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Thugs Attack, Flog PDP Members At Ogun Tribunal Premises - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thugs Attack, Flog PDP Members At Ogun Tribunal Premises (16416 Views)

Okorocha Meets Ihedioha, Peter Obi & PDP Members At A Burial In Imo (Photos) / Thugs Attack Utitofon Itoro Okon And APC Members In Akwa Ibom. Photos / PDP Members Protest Against Saraki, Decamp To APC In Ilorin (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thugs Attack, Flog PDP Members At Ogun Tribunal Premises by teekrackz(m): 12:02pm On Jun 05, 2023
The Ogun State Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Isabo, Abeokuta on Monday commenced hearing of the petition filed by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate, Ladi Adebutu, against Dapo Abiodun of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

DAILY POST correspondent reports that both the APC and the PDP mobilised their members to be at the tribunal for solidarity.

However, political thugs stormed the venue of the tribunal with canes, otherwise known as pankere, attacking perceived opponents while police officers watched, the men of the DSS were however able to restore calm to the area.

Although the road leading to the court was barricaded at both ends by the police, it did not prevent the hoodlums from attacking their targets.

As the political thugs roamed about with canes in their hands, the police made no attempt to arrest or stop them from causing chaos.

A policeman said, “there is nothing we can do, we can’t arrest them. Everything about Ogun is always different.”

A PDP member, who was attacked by the thugs, said he lost his phone, money and other valuables in his possession while being beaten.

As of the time of filing this report, members of the PDP have fled the court premises to avoid further attacks.

DAILY POST reports that attacking opposition members at the tribunal has now become a dangerous trend in Ogun after every election.
SOURCE: https://dailypost.ng/2023/06/05/thugs-attack-flog-pdp-members-at-ogun-tribunal-premises-as-security-agents-watch/

1 Like

Re: Thugs Attack, Flog PDP Members At Ogun Tribunal Premises by blabulu2000: 12:05pm On Jun 05, 2023
Ogun State people, oVer to you

9 Likes

Re: Thugs Attack, Flog PDP Members At Ogun Tribunal Premises by press9jatv: 12:09pm On Jun 05, 2023
Dapo Abiodun of APC will lose his case in the tribunal, Appeal court and Supreme Court of justices. It really shows vividly that Dapo Abiodun lost his reelection bid woefully. A new history will be written in Ogun State. Ladi Adebutu of Pdp will win his case in the court of justice

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thugs Attack, Flog PDP Members At Ogun Tribunal Premises by Jennie002: 12:11pm On Jun 05, 2023
Ahh Ogun State 😂

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thugs Attack, Flog PDP Members At Ogun Tribunal Premises by Hoelujohn: 12:11pm On Jun 05, 2023
press9jatv:
Dapo Abiodun of APC will lose his case in the tribunal, Appeal court and Supreme Court of justices. It really shows vividly that Dapo Abiodun lost his reelection bid woefully. A new history will be written in Ogun State. Ladi Adebutu of Pdp will win his case in the court of justice
The judges will be flogged too with pankere

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thugs Attack, Flog PDP Members At Ogun Tribunal Premises by TheChemistrixx: 12:14pm On Jun 05, 2023
This is getting interesting
Re: Thugs Attack, Flog PDP Members At Ogun Tribunal Premises by happney65: 12:16pm On Jun 05, 2023
Hoelujohn:

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Thugs Attack, Flog PDP Members At Ogun Tribunal Premises by TheChemistrixx: 12:16pm On Jun 05, 2023
press9jatv:

That is if the Judiciary has not been bribed because this case is so clear that a rerun ought to have been the case

14 Likes

Re: Thugs Attack, Flog PDP Members At Ogun Tribunal Premises by SpecialAdviser(m): 12:19pm On Jun 05, 2023
I have always queried democracy practice in South West Nigeria. Always

26 Likes

Re: Thugs Attack, Flog PDP Members At Ogun Tribunal Premises by TheChemistrixx: 12:21pm On Jun 05, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

I believe this type of occurrence is witnessed in almost all regions of the Country

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thugs Attack, Flog PDP Members At Ogun Tribunal Premises by teekrackz(m): 12:26pm On Jun 05, 2023
blabulu2000:
Ogun State people, oVer to you

Weytin dem fit do 🤷‍♂️
Re: Thugs Attack, Flog PDP Members At Ogun Tribunal Premises by TheChemistrixx: 12:27pm On Jun 05, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

Don’t be a tribalistic person

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thugs Attack, Flog PDP Members At Ogun Tribunal Premises by SpecialAdviser(m): 12:27pm On Jun 05, 2023
TheChemistrixx:

Don’t be a tribalistic person
I am not. there is so much agbero politics in South West and it's a fact.

21 Likes

Re: Thugs Attack, Flog PDP Members At Ogun Tribunal Premises by TheChemistrixx: 12:31pm On Jun 05, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

I am not. there is so much agbero politics in South West and it's a fact.

You could be right…politicians have weaponized these thugs…Seyi Makinde and Auxiliary’s issue comes to mind

17 Likes

Re: Thugs Attack, Flog PDP Members At Ogun Tribunal Premises by Penguin2: 12:34pm On Jun 05, 2023
This is what would have been the case in Rivers and Ebonyi if the Appeal Court President hadn’t relocated their Tribunals to Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Thugs Attack, Flog PDP Members At Ogun Tribunal Premises by TheChemistrixx: 12:45pm On Jun 05, 2023
Penguin2:
This is what would have been the case in Rivers and Ebonyi if the Appeal Court President hadn’t relocated their Tribunals to Abuja.

This is just pre hearing sef…dem never start the main tin
Re: Thugs Attack, Flog PDP Members At Ogun Tribunal Premises by a4cube: 12:52pm On Jun 05, 2023
Pankere region

1 Like

Re: Thugs Attack, Flog PDP Members At Ogun Tribunal Premises by SpecialAdviser(m): 12:58pm On Jun 05, 2023
TheChemistrixx:

I believe this type of occurrence is witnessed in almost all regions of the Country
Sure. But I think it's more prevalent in the South West. Remember how Tinubu was telling APC leaders to grab power by all means

11 Likes

Re: Thugs Attack, Flog PDP Members At Ogun Tribunal Premises by TheChemistrixx: 1:01pm On Jun 05, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

Sure. But I think it's more prevalent in the South West. Remember how Tinubu was telling APC leaders to grab power by all means

Quite sad…to think that it is just pre hearing that they are still doing o

1 Like

Re: Thugs Attack, Flog PDP Members At Ogun Tribunal Premises by garfield1: 1:10pm On Jun 05, 2023
Penguin2:

So nwifuru lost
Re: Thugs Attack, Flog PDP Members At Ogun Tribunal Premises by citygarden(m): 1:47pm On Jun 05, 2023
This is very funny, they are political sponsor tugs. Politics is also deep. It can also be plan by opposition to gain sympathy from the judge . The Nigeria's secureity is biased, why can't they arrest just one person, and interrogate him
Re: Thugs Attack, Flog PDP Members At Ogun Tribunal Premises by TheChemistrixx: 1:55pm On Jun 05, 2023
citygarden:
This is very funny, they are political sponsor tugs. Politics is also deep. It can also be plan by opposition to gain sympathy from the judge . The Nigeria's secureity is biased, why can't they arrest just one person, and interrogate him

Anything for Nigeria no dey surprise me again
Re: Thugs Attack, Flog PDP Members At Ogun Tribunal Premises by Penguin2: 2:04pm On Jun 05, 2023
garfield1:

So nwifuru lost

Nwifuru didn’t lose.

But he won by a slimmer margin than was awarded him.

And there were other irregularities that could nullify his election; though negligible.

But I don’t care if he gets booted out by the courts if his opponents are able to prove his malfeasance.

I’m not double faced like Tinubu supporters who close eyes to evil because it favours them.

2 Likes

Re: Thugs Attack, Flog PDP Members At Ogun Tribunal Premises by press9jatv: 2:08pm On Jun 05, 2023
TheChemistrixx:

That is if the Judiciary has not been bribed because this case is so clear that a rerun ought to have been the case
yes. There are over 50 polling units in sagamu that was cancelled.
Re: Thugs Attack, Flog PDP Members At Ogun Tribunal Premises by press9jatv: 2:08pm On Jun 05, 2023
Hoelujohn:

dem no born them well.
Re: Thugs Attack, Flog PDP Members At Ogun Tribunal Premises by garfield1: 2:26pm On Jun 05, 2023
Penguin2:

Nwifuru didn’t lose.

But he won by a slimmer margin than was awarded him.

And there were other irregularities that could nullify his election; though negligible.

But I don’t care if he gets booted out by the courts if his opponents are able to prove his malfeasance.

I’m not double faced like Tinubu supporters who close eyes to evil because it favours them.

Same thing happened in presidential.prof odoh and odii divided votes.nwifuru took ebonyi north,half of central and south
Re: Thugs Attack, Flog PDP Members At Ogun Tribunal Premises by MrBanner(m): 3:18pm On Jun 05, 2023
Re: Thugs Attack, Flog PDP Members At Ogun Tribunal Premises by BigBlackPreek(m): 3:18pm On Jun 05, 2023
Wahala ooo
Re: Thugs Attack, Flog PDP Members At Ogun Tribunal Premises by Image123(m): 3:18pm On Jun 05, 2023
Ahh, i hope this is not part of the beat them silly. Warrisdis?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Support Buhari's Plan To Subsidize Fuel - APC / Tinubu Blasts PDP, Atiku / Atiku Abubakar Receives Signed Copy Of ‘A Poet Who Died By His Poem’ (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.