Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,480 members, 7,816,134 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Ekiti Youths Threaten To Raze Oba's Palace Over LG Bank Account - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Youths Threaten To Raze Oba's Palace Over LG Bank Account (3730 Views)

Fayose Should Apologise Over China Letter - Ekiti Youths / "Northern Youths" Threaten To "Extinguish" AIT If Buhari Doesn't Win (Letter) / Nkanu Youths Threaten Showdown With PDP Over Patience Jonathan's Interference. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Youths Threaten To Raze Oba's Palace Over LG Bank Account by aloyemeka1: 11:15pm On Sep 29, 2011
[size=14pt]Youths threaten to raze palace over LG bank account[/size]
By Femi Makinde
Thursday, 29 Sep 2011

Youths in Agbado-Ekiti, Gbonyin Local Government Area of Ekiti State on Wednesday threatened to burn down the palace of Oba Dare Ita-Okunbobade III over the alleged movement of the council’s bank account by the Chairman of the LGA, Mr. Femi Awe.

They also threatened to raze the council secretariat if Awe refused to return the account he allegedly moved from United Bank for Africa in Agbado to Fidelity Bank in Ado-Ekiti.

Socio-economic activities were grounded as they barricaded the major road in the town and prevented vehicular traffic.

The protesters alleged that the chairman moved the account to Fidelity Bank to satisfy an official who mounted pressure on him to do so.

They were angry that moving the account from the only bank in the town might force the bank to close shop and lead to loss appointments by the workers who are mostly indigenes of the LGA.

Ita-Okunbobade told reporters that Governor Kayode Fayemi had promised to ensure that the council account remained in the only bank in the town for peace to reign in the local government.

Awe, however, denied the movement of the account and accused a former caretaker chairman of the council of spreading the rumour.

He said, “I did not move the account from UBA. What we did was just to open a new account with the Fidelity Bank. We did this because we are planning to borrow some money from Fidelity Bank and we discovered that their conditions are okay with us.

“We have seven accounts with the UBA and we moved some money to the new account we opened with Fidelity Bank. The seven accounts with UBA are still there.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201109295424737
Re: Ekiti Youths Threaten To Raze Oba's Palace Over LG Bank Account by Relax101(m): 11:28pm On Sep 29, 2011
You sure say no be Ileke village be that?
Re: Ekiti Youths Threaten To Raze Oba's Palace Over LG Bank Account by Nobody: 11:34pm On Sep 29, 2011
Agbado-Ekiti? grin

My ppl sabi name place o.

Best Ekiti town name I've heard is Emure. Sounds shmexy  tongue

Relax101:

You sure say no be Ileke village be that?

Doesnt matter which one. Ekiti na Ekiti.
Re: Ekiti Youths Threaten To Raze Oba's Palace Over LG Bank Account by aloyemeka1: 11:44pm On Sep 29, 2011
The Youths have a credible cause and they tend to be smarter than their local govt chairman.
Re: Ekiti Youths Threaten To Raze Oba's Palace Over LG Bank Account by Relax101(m): 12:05am On Sep 30, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Agbado-Ekiti? grin

Best Ekiti town name I've heard is Emure. Sounds shmexy  tongue

Doesnt matter which one. Ekiti na Ekiti.

What does Emure mean?
Re: Ekiti Youths Threaten To Raze Oba's Palace Over LG Bank Account by HighChief4(m): 1:05am On Sep 30, 2011
The Chairman must be up to something. I commend the youths
Re: Ekiti Youths Threaten To Raze Oba's Palace Over LG Bank Account by dagboss(m): 9:09am On Sep 30, 2011
ki la o ti seyi si o Ekiti Kete? grin grin grin grin Bravo! At least my brothers and sisters back home are not drawing AK47s and RPGs or wearing suicide belts because they don't want western education cool  The chairman is a clown , he had the plan to move the account for some pecuniary gains, but a smart whistle blower withing the system gave him out. Aba rin agbe yin jare
Re: Ekiti Youths Threaten To Raze Oba's Palace Over LG Bank Account by queensmith: 10:37am On Sep 30, 2011
this is what u call involvement! obviously a political vendetta. why will a bank fold up because of one account? cmon im sure ekiti can do better than all this nonsense ive been seeing lately. the place is waay to small to be causing soo much trouble! *rolls eyes*
Re: Ekiti Youths Threaten To Raze Oba's Palace Over LG Bank Account by MisterMan(m): 11:06am On Sep 30, 2011
queensmith:

this is what u call involvement! obviously a political vendetta. why will a bank fold up because of one account? cmon im sure ekiti can do better than all this nonsense ive been seeing lately. the place is waay to small to be causing soo much trouble! *rolls eyes*

Yeah, just a bank account will surely NOT cause a bank to fold up, however, an account of that magnitude in a rural setting like Agbado means a lot. Agbado is NOT Lagos, remember that. Moreover, give people an inch, they will take a yard. Who knows the kind of thing the Chairman will bring up next time
Re: Ekiti Youths Threaten To Raze Oba's Palace Over LG Bank Account by queensmith: 11:15am On Sep 30, 2011
MisterMan:

Yeah, just a bank account will surely NOT cause a bank to fold up, however, an account of that magnitude in a rural setting like Agbado means a lot. Agbado is NOT Lagos, remember that. Moreover, give people an inch, they will take a yard. Who knows the kind of thing the Chairman will bring up next time

it really doesnt matter- a bank is a bank, the youths are not going to profit on the accounts that branch holds. same as nobody in east london benefits from all the head offices it holds. These are people that want to fight but have no clue of what to fight for! they should start from the appauling education they all receivE!
Re: Ekiti Youths Threaten To Raze Oba's Palace Over LG Bank Account by Ekiti1: 11:29am On Sep 30, 2011
queensmith:

it really doesnt matter- a bank is a bank, the youths are not going to profit on the accounts that branch holds. same as nobody in east london benefits from all the head offices it holds. These are people that want to fight but have no clue of what to fight for! they should start from the appauling education they all receivE!
you still dont get what misterman is saying. Moving the bank account may be the initial stage of some shady deals. Why move it u have no complaints against the bank?
And saying they receive APPAULING education is taking it too far.
Sofry sofry.
dagboss:

ki la o ti seyi si o Ekiti Kete? grin grin grin grin Bravo! At least my brothers and sisters back home are not drawing AK47s and RPGs or wearing suicide belts because they don't want western education cool  The chairman is a clown , he had the plan to move the account for some pecuniary gains, but a smart whistle blower withing the system gave him out. Aba rin agbe yin jare
wo sere jare, awe. Aye re a da.
Re: Ekiti Youths Threaten To Raze Oba's Palace Over LG Bank Account by aloyemeka1: 11:37am On Sep 30, 2011
queensmith:

The youths are not talking about their profits and no bank is not bank. Taking money out from such rural branch will lead to lay offs in that branch and may even be closed down if care is not taken. That means the locals who work there will lose their jobs and residents will have to travel extra mile simply to use a bank.
Re: Ekiti Youths Threaten To Raze Oba's Palace Over LG Bank Account by queensmith: 11:40am On Sep 30, 2011
Ekiti1:

you still dont get what misterman is saying. Moving the bank account may be the initial stage of some shady deals. Why move it u have no complaints against the bank?
And saying they receive APPAULING education is taking it too far.

What I am saying is it doesnt matter if the money is in the agbado branch or in the cayman islands. It makes no difference to them or thier lives and they should focus on matters that directly concern them.
They receive APPAULING education in ekiti- it wasnt meant as an insult. its a well known fact. thier university is one of the worst. the state government colleges are soo badly mismanaged to the point where roofs are falling onto the kids. Yet they still continue to build and open new schools that will be mismanaged! tut tut
Re: Ekiti Youths Threaten To Raze Oba's Palace Over LG Bank Account by aloyemeka1: 11:47am On Sep 30, 2011
queensmith:

What I am saying is it doesnt matter if the money is in the agbado branch or in the cayman islands. It makes no difference to them or thier lives and they should focus on matters that directly concern them.
They receive[size=14pt] APPAULING education[/size] in ekiti- it wasnt meant as an insult. its a well known fact. thier university is one of the worst. the state government colleges are soo badly mismanaged to the point where roofs are falling onto the kids. Yet they still continue to build and open new schools that will be mismanaged! tut tut

Are you from Ekiti?. I am asking whether you also received "appauling" education and I don't intend to be abrasive here.
Re: Ekiti Youths Threaten To Raze Oba's Palace Over LG Bank Account by queensmith: 11:59am On Sep 30, 2011
^^ yeap!
Re: Ekiti Youths Threaten To Raze Oba's Palace Over LG Bank Account by member479760: 12:10pm On Sep 30, 2011
Go ahead raze it, no one need the so called OBA again, let us live in civilize way.
Re: Ekiti Youths Threaten To Raze Oba's Palace Over LG Bank Account by bayo1(m): 12:35pm On Sep 30, 2011
Agbado-Ekiti?

Best Ekiti town name I've heard is Emure. Sounds shmexy

Ileke-Idi, Agbado is not  Maize (Not as in maize). In Yoruba intonation mark, Agbado(Maize) = do-do-re, whereas Agbado(the name of the town) = do-mi-mi
Re: Ekiti Youths Threaten To Raze Oba's Palace Over LG Bank Account by dagboss(m): 2:18pm On Sep 30, 2011
@queensmith

What I am saying is it doesn't matter if the money is in the agbado branch or in the cayman islands. It makes no difference to them or thier lives and they should focus on matters that directly concern them.
They receive APPAULING education in ekiti- it wasnt meant as an insult. its a well known fact. thier university is one of the worst. the state government colleges are soo badly mismanaged to the point where roofs are falling onto the kids. Yet they still continue to build and open new schools that will be mismanaged! tut tut

I guess somebody is spoiling for cyber war here, all the innuendos in your posts are well taken in but i will not oblige you because i am way too mature and well placed to go into the kind of exhibition of evidences of bad up-bringing on Nairaland. It is not a sin to identify with my background if that is enough for you to reign insults on the whole of Ekiti good luck. And having said that despite my earlier position, and you still insist on dragging me into the ring, well, But just to let you know that i am not the type that runs away from a fight if there is the need for one. One or two guys that took on me on one or two topics on Nairaland way back will tell you that i sting like a bee
Re: Ekiti Youths Threaten To Raze Oba's Palace Over LG Bank Account by Ekiti1: 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2011
queensmith:

much as I would nt like to engape u in a war of words, it seems as if u are spoiling for one. Which university are u talking abt?
Dnt start what u cant finish.
Re: Ekiti Youths Threaten To Raze Oba's Palace Over LG Bank Account by favouredjb(f): 4:23pm On Sep 30, 2011
ther's no need for a fight,everybody should give der opinions n move on
Re: Ekiti Youths Threaten To Raze Oba's Palace Over LG Bank Account by jamace(m): 4:44pm On Sep 30, 2011
Why should a LG have SEVEN bank accounts? For what? shocked shocked Have they finished using the money in the SEVEN BANK ACCOUNTS that the LG will be looking for a loan?

Don't blame the youths. They are the leaders of tomorrow and will bear the brunt if anything goes wrong. I'm sure the youths know what they are doing.

Close monitoring of these our crooked politicians is necessary sometimes. If youths in every LG of Nigeria can summon courage and take on their leaders like this, things would be better.

Kudos to the Ekiti Youths. cool
Re: Ekiti Youths Threaten To Raze Oba's Palace Over LG Bank Account by Lanrefemi: 1:17am On Oct 01, 2011
@queensmith:
Just to correct you, one account can make a bank close down, it only depends on the type of account in question and the size of the bank. I don't know whether you know about the global credit crunch of 2008 that is still causing economic downturn around the world now? anyway i will tell you, it started mainly because of the collapse of one bank (lehman brothers) and this led to the collapse of most sector/industry they had financial dealings with, mostly the housing markets in America until the problem was spread around the world since most economies are interconnected.
Another point of correction, Ekiti people are not poorly educated.
Re: Ekiti Youths Threaten To Raze Oba's Palace Over LG Bank Account by fuke(m): 8:44am On Oct 01, 2011
Ekiti1:

much as I would nt like to engape u in a war of words, it seems as if u are spoiling for one. Which university are u talking abt?
Dnt start what u cant finish.

Ekiti 1,

Is this guy Alloy/Emeka from the moon? Appalling education in Ekiti? This is the acme of ignorance.

Does this guy know anything about Christ School, EKPACO,, DMGS,  African Comprehensive college, Ikere,
and other well grounded schools with well grounded products.

Standard of education may have dropped but it is all over and our tertiary schools  are not the worst.

I interview people for positions and I can tell you the products from Emeka's side of the country are worse,

After all, our first ladies know the difference between widow and widowers

Ekiti 1, If Emeka wants a war, let us give it to him. Ekitis are brave people. Let people like him know
that the Fabumis, The Agadas, The Adulojus and the other Ekiti Parapo generalissimos have incarnates.

For a start, let us tell him there is no dictionary meaning for appauling as he used it.
The correct word is appalling, meaning  dismaying and disgusting. And let nobody plead Forum writers licence
Re: Ekiti Youths Threaten To Raze Oba's Palace Over LG Bank Account by edogirl2: 12:09pm On Oct 01, 2011
@queensmith, saying a bank is a bank, irrespective of its location, and that the protesters will not benefit personally either way, make no sense. it's the selfish focus on personal interests that got the country where it is today. the protesters are right to be concerned about the fate of their rural bank. across britain, there's usually hundreds of similar protests going on in rural communities concerning threats to village banks, post offices etc yet you want to educate us about your false protest free lifestyle in east london, which incidentally is one of the poorest parts of the united kingdom. also, you talk of the protesters 'appaulling' education, yet after your 'fantastic' education in 'world class' east london, you still can't spell appalling. shocking. sorry phone doesn't allow formatting.
Re: Ekiti Youths Threaten To Raze Oba's Palace Over LG Bank Account by aloyemeka1: 7:41pm On Oct 01, 2011
fuke:

Ekiti 1,

Is this guy Alloy/Emeka from the moon? Appalling education in Ekiti? This is the acme of ignorance.

Does this guy know anything about Christ School, EKPACO,, DMGS,  African Comprehensive college, Ikere,

Standard of education may have dropped but it is all over and our tertiary schools  are not the worst.

I interview people for positions and I can tell you the products from Emeka's side of the country are worse,

Ekiti 1, If Emeka wants a war, let us give it to him. Ekitis are brave people. Let people like him know
that the Fabumis, The Agadas, The Adulojus and the other Ekiti Parapo generalissimos have incarnates.

For a start, let us tell him there is no dictionary meaning for appauling as he used it.
The correct word is appalling, meaning  dismaying and disgusting. And let nobody plead Forum writers licence

Stop smoking weed.
Re: Ekiti Youths Threaten To Raze Oba's Palace Over LG Bank Account by fuke(m): 7:24am On Oct 02, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Stop smoking weed.

I don't  smoke weed, I drink fresh palm wine.

Peace.
Re: Ekiti Youths Threaten To Raze Oba's Palace Over LG Bank Account by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 02, 2011
Relax101:

What does Emure mean?

I really dont know undecided

fuke:

Ekiti 1,

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Did aloy really say "appauling"? In an Ekiti thread? cheesy
Re: Ekiti Youths Threaten To Raze Oba's Palace Over LG Bank Account by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 02, 2011
dagboss:

"Ki la o ti seyi si" tabi "kini a ti seyi si"?

Just wondering? undecided
Re: Ekiti Youths Threaten To Raze Oba's Palace Over LG Bank Account by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 02, 2011
fuke:

I don't  smoke weed, I drink fresh palm wine.

Peace.

Omo that emu in Ekiti na good thing o. Cheiii!!

O ti dun ju!! Like a drink of heaven.
Re: Ekiti Youths Threaten To Raze Oba's Palace Over LG Bank Account by htajz: 3:49pm On Oct 02, 2011
boys are not smilling

(1) (Reply)

Two Dead As 'boko Haram' Attacks School In U S (photos) / List Of Those Who Should Not Be Allowed To Join APC / Rivers Rerun:is This Politics Or War?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.