Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

My Uncle's Looking For Trouble - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncle's Looking For Trouble (1602 Views)

See The Borehole I Am Doing For My Uncle...a Relief Indeed! / My Uncle Drove To My House To Report Me Because I Wore A Bikini–Nigerian Lady / See The Guava Tree My Uncle Warned Me Not To Pluck From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Uncle's Looking For Trouble by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 05, 2023
My grandpa just died. My grandpa didn’t have a whole lot of wealth to his name, but he did own a house.
An old house out in the village by a stream, passed down through my family for countless generations.
My family may’ve not taken as good care of it as they should, but I still loved that house. To me it was more than just a house.
And now in his will, your grandpa has left the house for me to look after, in the hopes my family will live in it for many generations to come.
But, there’s a problem.
Before my grandpa had passed away he’d lent the house out to my uncle and his family.
Now that the house was my, I kindly let them know they can no longer live there, and that they must move back to their previous home (which they still own and visit from time to time).
But they refuse. My uncle says that because his family currently lives there, they have just as much claim on the house as you.
And because my uncle and his wife and children (each) are in greater need of the house, it now belongs to them.
He explains that as long as they live in the house they have the right to be called its owner, no matter who lived in it before.
Besides, why should I care if my uncle's family takes over the house? It’s still the same house no matter who lives in it, right?
My uncle then tells me to leave his home, or he will call the police.
How do I react?
Re: My Uncle's Looking For Trouble by taylor88(m): 7:07pm On Jun 05, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: My Uncle's Looking For Trouble by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:13pm On Jun 05, 2023
bring the LAW into this matter and get uncle evicted.... as the house rightfully belongs to you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uncle's Looking For Trouble by Ahmed0336(m): 7:16pm On Jun 05, 2023
shocked
Your uncle sees you as a weakling.

You need to act like a man and kick his ass outta that house.

I hope you have proof that the house is now under your care? If no, kindly get one.

4 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Looking For Trouble by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:19pm On Jun 05, 2023
Failure2019:
My grandpa just died. My grandpa didn’t have a whole lot of wealth to his name, but he did own a house.
An old house out in the village by a stream, passed down through my family for countless generations.
My family may’ve not taken as good care of it as they should, but I still loved that house. To me it was more than just a house.
And now in his will, your grandpa has left the house for me to look after, in the hopes my family will live in it for many generations to come.
But, there’s a problem.
Before my grandpa had passed away he’d lent the house out to my uncle and his family.
Now that the house was my, I kindly let them know they can no longer live there, and that they must move back to their previous home (which they still own and visit from time to time).
But they refuse. My uncle says that because his family currently lives there, they have just as much claim on the house as you.
And because my uncle and his wife and children (each) are in greater need of the house, it now belongs to them.
He explains that as long as they live in the house they have the right to be called its owner, no matter who lived in it before.
Besides, why should I care if my uncle's family takes over the house? It’s still the same house no matter who lives in it, right?
How do I react?

there information i that is missing here, your grandpa left you a house through his will, and apparently your uncle is living there, where is your father? or his other brothers/sisters

You mentioned your family which family is this, your fathers? how man are they or you mean your own family

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uncle's Looking For Trouble by Mindlog: 7:34pm On Jun 05, 2023
"An old house out in the village by a stream, passed down through my family for countless generations".....I am still imagining what the house could look like.
Re: My Uncle's Looking For Trouble by sisisioge: 7:47pm On Jun 05, 2023
Mindlog:
"An old house out in the village by a stream, passed down through my family for countless generations".....I am still imagining what the house could look like.

Its akin to a Malibu beach house cheesy. This being close to the stream is an allure fa.

But was uncle as well as the rest of the family not present when the will was read? Wahala dey quick tire me fa. This will cost you money when you start going through the law to take possession.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Looking For Trouble by Nazgul: 8:01pm On Jun 05, 2023
Is there a written will from your grandfather stating that he's giving you ownership of the house, if there isn't, it would be impossible to bring in the law cos your uncle would claim that your grandfather (who is his own father) never made such statement and you wouldn't have any evidence to back yourself.

Secondly, you can't kick him out, cos he's your uncle and your grandfather is his own father. So no one in the family would support your actions, and would openly challenge you if you choose to tow that path. Your best option would be to wait until he dies, and during that wait, keep telling everyone that cares to listen that your grandfather passed down that house to you, but your uncle is occupying it for now.

Once he dies, you can eject his wife and children and take over your property. And no one would be able to challenge you cos they would know that the house rightfully belongs to you.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Uncle's Looking For Trouble by ahnie: 10:31pm On Jun 05, 2023
All these write ups are LIES.
sisisioge:

Its akin to a Malibu beach house cheesy. This being close to the stream is an allure fa.

But was uncle as well as the rest of the family not present when the will was read? Wahala dey quick tire me fa. This will cost you money when you start going through to law to take possession.
THE DUDE IS KNOWN TO BE FAKE ON FOOD SECYION DOWN YO THE BREATHE HE BREATHS cheesy cheesy[right][/right]

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Looking For Trouble by sisisioge: 10:45pm On Jun 05, 2023
ahnie:
All these write ups are LIES.
THE DUDE IS KNOWN TO BE FAKE ON FOOD SECYION DOWN YO THE BREATHE HE BREATHS cheesy cheesy[right][/right]

grin grin grin grin

Wahala be like bicycle... there goes the fictitious waterfront holiday home o.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Uncle's Looking For Trouble by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:48am On Jun 06, 2023
Nazgul:
Is there a written will from your grandfather stating that he's giving you ownership of the house, if there isn't, it would be impossible to bring in the law cos your uncle would claim that your grandfather (who is his own father) never made such statement and you wouldn't have any evidence to back yourself.

Secondly, you can't kick him out, cos he's your uncle and your grandfather is his own father. So no one in the family would support your actions, and would openly challenge you if you choose to tow that path. Your best option would be to wait until he dies, and during that wait, keep telling everyone that cares to listen that your grandfather passed down that house to you, but your uncle is occupying it for now.

Once he dies, you can eject his wife and children and take over your property. And no one would be able to challenge you cos they would know that the house rightfully belongs to you.

i respect your view on the subject but i challenge your view, why wait for him to die to occupy the house than working harder to have his own house and create legacy that he can pass on to his own kids. Sounds evil to simply wait for someone to die inorder to inherit something from them

Its nice that the property has been passed on generation to generation, waiting for someone to die in order to inherit, sounds like the person that is waiting to inherit is lazy type, work and have your own property
Re: My Uncle's Looking For Trouble by ahnie: 6:08am On Jun 06, 2023
sisisioge:

grin grin grin grin

Wahala be like bicycle... there goes the fictitious waterfront holiday home o.
cheesy.
The dolt can tell lies for Africa.
Come to food section to see the reviews n our opinion about him.

You guys are just disturbing yourself over a fictitious post.another protege of malignantguest with a touch of elder001.

3 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Looking For Trouble by mrblessed(m): 6:34am On Jun 06, 2023
Failure2019:
But, there’s a problem.
How do I react?
Go to court! That's our renewed way of being stupid.
Re: My Uncle's Looking For Trouble by Nazgul: 8:05am On Jun 06, 2023
ZIMDRILL:

i respect your view on the subject but i challenge your view, why wait for him to die to occupy the house than working harder to have his own house and create legacy that he can pass on to his own kids. Sounds evil to simply wait for someone to die inorder to inherit something from them

Its nice that the property has been passed on generation to generation, waiting for someone to die in order to inherit, sounds like the person that is waiting to inherit is lazy type, work and have your own property
I advised him based on his post. Didn't you read it?

He said it's an old house in his village by the stream. Therefore I believe it's safe to conclude that someone waiting to inherit an old village house doesn't have money to build his own. Infact he doesn't even have any reasonable job to begin with that can make him own a property.

And reality isn't like Nollywood movies where you'll go to the city and in a few months time, you're back in the village to erect a mansion. To dig foundation of a 3bedroom bungalow up to lintel level in the most remote villages in Nigeria today would cost you over 3m. Someone without a reasonable income cannot be able to afford that, it's not about writing motivational speeches, it's about reality.

His best bet is to wait for the uncle's demise then take back what's his.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Looking For Trouble by Nobody: 9:08am On Jun 06, 2023
ahnie:

cheesy.
The dolt can tell lies for Africa.
Come to food section to see the reviews n our opinion about him.

You guys are just disturbing yourself over a fictitious post.another protege of malignantguest with a touch of elder001.

Madam Afo beer !!!
Re: My Uncle's Looking For Trouble by yemmit90: 10:50am On Jun 06, 2023
Lolz, you want to evict someone from his father house just because granpa jokingly say the house belong to you? Continue fighting over 19th century house, no go work to build your own grin grin
Re: My Uncle's Looking For Trouble by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 06, 2023
ZIMDRILL:

there information i that is missing here, your grandpa left you a house through his will, and apparently your uncle is living there, where is your father? or his other brothers/sisters

You mentioned your family which family is this, your fathers? how man are they or you mean your own family

My grandpa shares the house with my uncle and the his family

It's my paternal grandpa

My grandpa has 3 sons and 2 girls; my uncle stays with him, one lives abroad and my dad whom is the elderst of all
Re: My Uncle's Looking For Trouble by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 06, 2023
Mindlog:

The house is worth more, there was a time a prominent movie director wanted to made use of the house and even offered my grandpa money in exchange for renting the house for a movie shot but my grandpa didn't agree

Just a pre 90s colonial 6 bedroom house and has been maintained as it passes through time
Re: My Uncle's Looking For Trouble by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:58pm On Jun 06, 2023
Nazgul:

I advised him based on his post. Didn't you read it?

He said it's an old house in his village by the stream. Therefore I believe it's safe to conclude that someone waiting to inherit an old village house doesn't have money to build his own. Infact he doesn't even have any reasonable job to begin with that can make him own a property.

And reality isn't like Nollywood movies where you'll go to the city and in a few months time, you're back in the village to erect a mansion. To dig foundation of a 3bedroom bungalow up to lintel level in the most remote villages in Nigeria today would cost you over 3m. Someone without a reasonable income cannot be able to afford that, it's not about writing motivational speeches, it's about reality.

His best bet is to wait for the uncle's demise then take back what's his.

you missed my point, my point is not about him building a house in the city, but even in the village cant he have his own land ?
Re: My Uncle's Looking For Trouble by frozen70(f): 6:41pm On Jun 06, 2023
Failure2019:
But, there’s a problem.
How do I react?

E bi like say life done tire you and you want him to kill you

In my own opinion, stop telling him that they should pack out

Find your level before they make you miserable in life because of an old hurt

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Looking For Trouble by ghettochild(m): 10:17am On Jun 07, 2023
Carry army n few boys from the street n go uproot him n his family from the house ..then make a fence or renovate some parts of the house n put it up for lease

(1) (Reply)

Are Females More Caring Than Males / samsung Blu-ray / Things To Know About Wall Clocks - What Makes Them Expensive - Clocks For Decor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.