Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,939 members, 7,848,784 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:18 AM

Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? (27671 Views)

Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This / Man Leaves His Marriage Because His Wife Beats & Abuses Him / I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? by moneyissweet(m): 4:56pm On Jun 06, 2023
Stupid questions, even dangote can go bankrupt and loose everything.

You asked as if she is God who knows when everything will turn upside down

Skyview01:
Why did you get into a marriage both of you are not financially and emotionally prepared for?

Why bring the poor kids to come suffer when both of you are not ready financially?

I call it wickedness when you have kids without the means to take care of them.

I have no sympathy for you, I only pity the poor innocent kids. Instead of looking for ways to solve the problems you willfully created, you are looking for another man to shift your burdens.

You still will never learn and are always seeking for shortcuts.

MARRIAGE AND CHILDBEARING ARE NOT NECESSARY AND SUFFICIENT CONDITIONS FOR HAPPINESS IN LIFE!

3 Likes

Re: Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? by cococandy(f): 4:56pm On Jun 06, 2023
Period
Klass99:

We need to start changing the narrative for such men. I absolutely love how Realtalk tackled her own situation. She was practical, decisive and actionable. No time wasted praying and fasting for a dead beat to change.

2 Likes

Re: Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? by descarado: 4:57pm On Jun 06, 2023
cococandy:

What else is she supposed to do for him? Since his parents didn’t raise him to have a sense of responsibility. She’s supposed to train him all over again?
How will she start the training.
Basic knowledge or science?
Which one comes first?
Nairaland cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 06, 2023
unbiased2021:

Sounds like you’re not married.
Well there are other ways to ginger the man up through negligence. If you ginger am, he go man up. Not divorce cos it’s not rosy out there as a single momma of 2 either

Later you men will be yapping spittle about saying that you are the logical gender, yet you keep proving to us over and over again that we get sense pass you,

You are waiting for a woman to ginger you before you man up, as in we should baby sit you and breastfeed you like a child before you borrow sense, omase o, the kind of males in this generation, it's a pity.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? by Caaz: 4:58pm On Jun 06, 2023
RoadMozart:

I can relate

My dad was like that. We the children and our mother left him. Since then we've recorded massive progress in the family
You guys left him behind cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? by Sirchiboy: 4:58pm On Jun 06, 2023
Giftedhands45:
I have to join this forum to post this tonight.

I'm in my early thirties, my husband is just two years older than me. My husband has always been neglecting his responsibilities even before we got married, but I was seeing it as he doesn't have a better job and a struggling guy whom we can both join hands together to build each other. I endured everything with him. I have always supported and provided without complain.
Since last year my husband lost his job, since then, he has refused to look for any other source of income. Even when he had a job, he always have one story or the other to tell about his monthly salaries. So, he still doesn't provide.
Once, there's nothing in the house, he will keep watching because I can't watch my two children Starve. I will try everything, even call friends, families and borrow. He doesn't care how I borrowed and how I paid.

Now, he wakes up every morning and still go back to sleep. Whatever I asked him, he don't always have. He's response always is ''I don't have money ''
I am the only one sourcing out everything in this house, I don't have a job as well, just struggling up and down with a business I do.

There's no food, school fees, bill, everything, he will ignore. I can't watch my children suffer. So, I keep struggling without any help. But he eats food and uses everything in the house with us. He wouldn't provide, but he can use them once they're available.
Our house rent will soon expire and he has no plan towards That. The previous one I paid, but presently, my business is down

Lately, I've been thinking. I've never cheated since I entered this marriage, but If I keep struggling all myself like this, my children will suffer. I feel, I need someone who loves me and willing to support me as well.
My children are too used to their father, it borders me if I separate them from him.

Leaving a marriage because he's not taking responsibilities, does that make me a bad woman?

What could make a man to be very comfortable not providing for his family but wouldn't want to loss the said family?

Have you ever been in my shoes, what would you advise me?

Encourage him to learn a skill
Re: Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? by jackmrandy: 4:59pm On Jun 06, 2023
RoadMozart:

six years in secondary school, 5 years in the University. Not support from him. I remember a time in school when NEPA brought light and burnt down all my fan,laptop charger, phone charger, and so on. I called him cos I was short of cash then, he said he had no money that if I was pained I should come back home. I later learned that that time I called he haf over 300k on him.

I suffered in school because of his lackadaisical attitude. I always came home to do farm work to raise fees for myself and siblings. I went into freelance driving cos of him. Got to a time when I was do depressed that I attempted suicide. I was dejected and even thought its better to be fatherless than have someone like him.

I graduated from school with him not knowing the name of my school. All he did was sleep, wake up, listen to radio, watch tv, spend the little he had on suya and all kinds of nonsense.

all these talk op top your papa head? he must be a very irresponsible father. could even be that he is not the one that gave birth to you or you your mum cheated at the pointed she claimed she had your pregnancy. but laslas sha, your papa na your papa

Re: Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 06, 2023
moneyissweet:
Stupid questions, even dangote can go bankrupt and loose everything.

You asked as if she is God who knows when everything will turn upside down

See them! They will go through life without learning a thing!.

Millions of them know nothing about God but will be first to bring God into simple basic conversations.

Don't develop yourself/ get a job, go and marry a lazy, poor man and come on Nairaland to create sob stories.

1 Like

Re: Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? by JeffreyJunior: 5:00pm On Jun 06, 2023
cococandy:
Just know if you continue you will do everything by yourself until the end of your lives. He will never change and he will never take on your responsibilities seeing as you’re taking his. Instead he will consider it insulting if you ask him to. So you’ll end up married but single. Decide what you want
No no no, I disagree with this.

That man may be going through depression which makes him behave the way he does. The signs are there.

It's hard for a grown man to always be on bed when his mates are out there struggling. I think we are dealing with a man who has subtly given up on life due to frustrations necessitated by lack of job and money to take care of his family.

His kids are close to him meaning he is not a bad person, kids are sensitive. He can't be a bad husband or person and still be a good dad to the kids.

I did not read anywhere he is being accused of abuse in any form which means that all he needs is a heart to heart talk and someone he can share his frustrations with.

Divorcing him is her choice though.

2 Likes

Re: Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? by GodPrince: 5:01pm On Jun 06, 2023
Jovialjune1:

What is this one saying? Who is fvcking anyhow? Why are you dumb pls?
don't insult me little girl, I'm old enough to be your elder brother because I'm sure you are not more than 20, respect yourself. You know nothing about life, go wash your panties because it's obvious you don't have any clean pant to wear to school tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? by ExudeLoveToAll: 5:01pm On Jun 06, 2023
bukatyne:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Maybe that's the type of men the women like? Or grew up to see?

Apart from the SE, I can count the tribes/regions that believe in a husband who provides any form of leadership

I know SW and SS regions don't. Their women provide, protect and defend the home (read a lady describing how her mother checks if the main door is locked every night), leas in prayers/spirituality, lead in child training etc.

A lot of Nigerian women need training on what a husband should be like and the men trained on the duties of a husband.

Some provide money and think that's all there is to husbandhood.

You lots just come out and make assertion that is only true in your state of mind. SS and SW? Continue when you are tired the ranting will stop

1 Like

Re: Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? by BarrElChapo(m): 5:01pm On Jun 06, 2023
Giftedhands45:

I'm in my early thirties, my husband is just two years older than me. My husband has always been neglecting his responsibilities even before we got married, but I was seeing it as he doesn't have a better job and a struggling guy whom we can both join hands together to build each other. I endured everything with him. I have always supported and provided without complain.
Since last year my husband lost his job, since then, he has refused to look for any other source of income. Even when he had a job, he always have one story or the other to tell about his monthly salaries. So, he still doesn't provide.
Once, there's nothing in the house, he will keep watching because I can't watch my two children Starve. I will try everything, even call friends, families and borrow. He doesn't care how I borrowed and how I paid.

Now, he wakes up every morning and still go back to sleep. Whatever I asked him, he don't always have. He's response always is ''I don't have money ''
I am the only one sourcing out everything in this house, I don't have a job as well, just struggling up and down with a business I do.

There's no food, school fees, bill, everything, he will ignore. I can't watch my children suffer. So, I keep struggling without any help. But he eats food and uses everything in the house with us. He wouldn't provide, but he can use them once they're available.
Our house rent will soon expire and he has no plan towards That. The previous one I paid, but presently, my business is down

Lately, I've been thinking. I've never cheated since I entered this marriage, but If I keep struggling all myself like this, my children will suffer. I feel, I need someone who loves me and willing to support me as well.
My children are too used to their father, it borders me if I separate them from him.

Leaving a marriage because he's not taking responsibilities, does that make me a bad woman?

What could make a man to be very comfortable not providing for his family but wouldn't want to loss the said family?

He doesn't have a family? Anyone that can talk sense into him ?

Well you could explore temporary separation to see if his attitude.
Re: Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? by Kobojunkie: 5:01pm On Jun 06, 2023
kkins25:
Maybe his suffering from some mental health issue.
So, whose gonna save him if he refuses to save himself? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? by Johnn74: 5:01pm On Jun 06, 2023
fortunateme:
Giftedhands45
With 2 kids, finding true love is a mare wishful thinking.
2kids is not death sentence. Comeon, even some 65years old Dey find love again. Singer Simi’s mother remarried again in her 60’s some 22years later. She raised her children including Simi as single mother after her husband left when Simi was just 9years old

Tuface baby mama Summbo, (
single baby mama of two male children for 2face ldibia ) finally married a church ⛪️ general overseer and Pastor, widow looking to resettle down again after the sad demise of his wife.

3 Likes

Re: Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? by 27Pushing30: 5:02pm On Jun 06, 2023
cococandy:
Just know if you continue you will do everything by yourself until the end of your lives. He will never change and he will never take on your responsibilities seeing as you’re taking his. Instead he will consider it insulting if you ask him to. So you’ll end up married but single. Decide what you want

If you stay in such marriage then you’re staying for yourself … don’t claim you’re staying for the kids .

Kids are growing up seeing their LAZY father as role model and you think one or two won’t be like him?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? by ChuksHills(m): 5:02pm On Jun 06, 2023
Giftedhands45:

You don't pressure your husband that is why you keep murmuring inside you because you are too soft. Sit your husband down and tell him you can't continue to be struggling in your marriage he should look for something to do.

Then you every morning make sure you pressure him to go out to look for money don't let him be ie don't give him space, with that pressure he wouldn't be any more comfortable to stay in the house. As you are pressuring him make sure you don't abuse him.

Remember marriage is not a bed of roses there are times things will go well and There are also times when it will not go well so don't take because things are not working to leave or divorce your husband.
Re: Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? by descarado: 5:03pm On Jun 06, 2023
Klass99:

Lol 🤣. I can't deal with men who think that way or act that way. Weren't they created first to lead, subdue, dominate, multiply and be fruitful............long before we were ever created?

Aren't they meant to be the head and captains of their homes again? How do you even begin to submit to such men who want to be given reorientation and purpose by a woman? I can't deal ooo. What calibre of men exist today like this?
Na our men.
The red pill movers and shakers of nairaland.
Tate whatever followers.
So lazy in body and mind.

5 Likes

Re: Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? by forerunner022(m): 5:03pm On Jun 06, 2023
Giftedhands45:

This quite pathetic. It is only a fool that walks into a hole even when there are indications telling and showing there are dangers ahead. You said you husband was always running away from his responsibilities even before marriage, but you let it slide because he didn't have a job then. That alone would have been a red flag indicator for you, but I guess you were carried away by the fantasies of love. Now reality has dawn on you and you want to walk away from the marriage. My advice for you as recommend by others is for you to table the matter before both families and let them know that if he does change is attitude, you would be gone from the marriage eventually, else na you go be the man and the woman of the house till thy kingdom come o.
Re: Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? by Kobojunkie: 5:03pm On Jun 06, 2023
JeffreyJunior:
No no no, I disagree with this. That man may be going through depression which makes him behave the way he does. The signs are there. It's hard for a grown man to always be on bed when his mates are out there struggling. I think we are dealing with a man who has subtly given up on life due to frustrations necessitated by lack of job and money to take care of his family.
His kids are close to him meaning he is not a bad person, kids are sensitive. He can't be a bad husband or person and still be a good dad to the kids. I did not read anywhere he is being accused of abuse in any form which means that all he needs is a heart to heart talk and someone he can share his frustrations with.Divorcing him is her choice though.
So what? His bills, children and responsibilities don't understand depression and his wife is certainly not a mind reader, so what if he is dealing with depression yet refuses to cry for help? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? by cococandy(f): 5:04pm On Jun 06, 2023
descarado:

How will she start the training.
Basic knowledge or science?
Which one comes first?
Nairaland cheesy cheesy

No seriously if you ask them to give specifics about how she’s supposed to do it. All they’ll say is “Talk to him. Call family meeting. Talk to your pastor.”

Well what if after that he doesn’t change?

Then their next solution is to “pray and continue suffering”. Just to avoid calling a spade a spade. If he doesn’t care he doesn’t care. If he cares he’ll make the effort

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? by LordIsaac(m): 5:04pm On Jun 06, 2023
Giftedhands45:

My Bible says such a man is worse than an infidel. This is the "worse" part in the marriage vow you took. You can leave him temporarily till he receives sense, but no divorce o. I pray God gives you grace to stop being an enabler.
Re: Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? by Tompson88: 5:04pm On Jun 06, 2023
Help him get another job,maybe he hasn't been responsible of late due to being jobless, if the same attitude persist then you can decide because backing out and leaving him in such situation won't help any of you considering he is the father of your children.
Giftedhands45:

Re: Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? by Kobojunkie: 5:05pm On Jun 06, 2023
cococandy:
■ No seriously if you ask them to give specifics about how she’s supposed to do it. All they’ll say is “Talk to him. Call family meeting. Talk to your pastor.” Well what if after that he doesn’t change?
Then their next solution is to “pray and continue suffering”. Just to avoid calling a spade a spade. If he doesn’t care he doesn’t care. If he cares he’ll make the effort
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? by cococandy(f): 5:06pm On Jun 06, 2023
So what’s the solution? Yes I agree divorcing him is her choice. No one can make that choice for her.

But in the meantime what should she do?

We all have issues to deal with but as soon as kids come into the equation, one has to buckle up and tough it out for them

JeffreyJunior:
No no no, I disagree with this.

That man may be going through depression which makes him behave the way he does. The signs are there.

It's hard for a grown man to always be on bed when his mates are out there struggling. I think we are dealing with a man who has subtly given up on life due to frustrations necessitated by lack of job and money to take care of his family.

His kids are close to him meaning he is not a bad person, kids are sensitive. He can't be a bad husband or person and still be a good dad to the kids.

I did not read anywhere he is being accused of abuse in any form which means that all he needs is a heart to heart talk and someone he can share his frustrations with.

Divorcing him is her choice though.

3 Likes

Re: Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? by jaxxy(m): 5:06pm On Jun 06, 2023
Giftedhands45:

He is not being responsible or even a man. Even the bible says a man who cannot take care of his family is worse than an infidel.

He has let himself become useless.

it is better to go stay with ur parents or siblings than put up with a man that has decided to be useless because he has refused to even try.

1 Like

Re: Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? by seanery: 5:06pm On Jun 06, 2023
COMING FROM A LADY...
Foolish Gender.

cococandy:
Re: Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? by EnterpriseMan: 5:06pm On Jun 06, 2023
I always say this to friends and will always say it to anyone, You're a failure as a guy if you can't provide for your wife and family (not girlfriend).

And NEVER think of marriage if you're not financially buoyant and have enough saved to last your for 10yrs without a job. Marriage is when you want to settle down, not when you haven't hustled or started life.

3 Likes

Re: Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? by Kobojunkie: 5:06pm On Jun 06, 2023
Tompson88:
Help him get another job,maybe he hasn't been responsible of late due to being joblessness, if the same attitude persist then you can decide because backing out and leaving him in such situation won't help any of you considering he is the father of your children.
So, his wife, ontop of taking care of bills and children also goes out to hunt for jobs on his behalf? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 06, 2023
GodPrince:
don't insult me little girl, I'm old enough to be your elder brother because I'm sure you are not more than 20, respect yourself. You know nothing about life, go wash your panties because it's obvious you don't have any clean pant to wear to school tomorrow

A fool at 150 years is a fool even in the grave, Satan will reject you not to talk of God, you are old enough to be a snail cos orangutans are way better than you

A dummy that chose to go personal with me, be like say you are new on this site, warn yourself and be guided.

3 Likes

Re: Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? by EriMma1: 5:07pm On Jun 06, 2023
I don't pity you woman because if they are telling you people to look before you leap, you'll turn deaf ears and be forming "the girl is understanding and not materialistic" bullcrap.

I'm sure one or two people must have advised you against marrying a struggling guy but you turned deaf ears thinking the person doesn't want your progress. Now e don happen, you're crying foul.

Go and read most of my posts, I keep advising Young ladies not to enter into marriage with an average man in this country Nigeria, na suffer head mission be that but many will always come for me and call me names.

I'm not married, not because I don't get suitors, but I don't want to suffer! I can't suffer with a man. Period!

If I don't find me a rich man, let marriage dey hin dey. I'm comfortable as a single lady and not ready to come and be using my resources to take care of one struggling man with his kids. Ta!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Woman Blames PMS For Beating-up Her Husband In The UK / Francis Van-lare's Third Marriage Collapses 7 Months After / How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.