Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,755 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Fuel Subsidy Expenditure From 2005 To 2022 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Expenditure From 2005 To 2022 (33868 Views)

Lagos State Expenditure From April To September 2023. A Letter From F. Doherty / History Of Lagos State Capital Expenditure From 1998 To 2018(photo) / Reps Reject ₦187bn Expenditure On FG School Feeding Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy Expenditure From 2005 To 2022 by shegzhkn: 9:23pm On Jun 06, 2023
Lol, doesn't seems that much to me if you're actually doing things with the resources.
Subsidy is not only unique to that country, Saudi Arabia too does that, as a matter of fact oil is cheaper than water in the kingdom.
Nigeria is an extremely poor country (the data supports it) and so making oil affordable will guarantee that everyone struggle in the country is catered for, the money they may realize now that it's gone may not "spread out". People who are poor before are about to deal with inflation and more hardship.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Expenditure From 2005 To 2022 by Gbogbowa: 9:23pm On Jun 06, 2023
If you think subsidy is our major problem then you deceive yourself, our major problem is CORRUPTION imagine Buhari 2023 budget of 21trillion just remove subsidy of 3trillion you have 18 trillion. If we cant feel the impact of 18trillion then are you going to feel the impact of 3trillion subsidy money? 2021 budget was 17trillion remove the subsidy of 1.5trillion you have 15.5 trillion, pls tell me if you feel the impact of 15.5 trillion in Nigeria economy last year. You will not believe that the money goverment use in servicing dept yearly is more than what they spend on subsidy yet they are not ready to stop collecting loan for cusumption but very quick to stop subsidy. Fight corruption first before subsidy removal
Re: Fuel Subsidy Expenditure From 2005 To 2022 by Corridon: 9:23pm On Jun 06, 2023
simfrost90210:

Stop dreaming, my brother!
They only subsidized their pockets.
Bola Tinubu will do worse than he did in Lagos and worse than he left Lagos all these years!!! People just don't know how heartless he is..🙄
Hnnm.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Expenditure From 2005 To 2022 by Franky9584(m): 9:23pm On Jun 06, 2023
Who the subsidy removal help?
The money wey dem go still share among themselves instead of using it to develop the country
Re: Fuel Subsidy Expenditure From 2005 To 2022 by N3TRAL: 9:23pm On Jun 06, 2023
Reference:

Though subsidy corruption was at its peak during the Jonathan's regime you have not factored in the price of crude v the retail price of PMS in Nigeria. That ratio will give a better picture. In a nutshell crude prices were much higher broadly across the Jonathan regime as such the subsidy per litre of product will be the highest then.

Nice perspective.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Expenditure From 2005 To 2022 by Rico96(m): 9:24pm On Jun 06, 2023
N3TRAL:
I'm a bonafide south south boy but let's face it- based on those figures, APC no too chop Nigeria's money.

What Jonathan's administration spent for subsidy for 4 years is almost double what Buhari spent for 7 years.

If you divide Buhari's figure, it is lower than what Yaradua spent in 2 years and what Obasanjo spent in a year. Read again... Jonathan was 65 to #95 per liter while APC was 165 to 180 per liter so they eat more if you know maths

APC may have its problems but you have to admit that their subsidy figure is the lowest in the history of Nigeria.

The data also shows that Buhari's major problem may not have been misappropriation of funds but he couldn't run the economy well. The percentage the naira fell during Buhari's era is scary.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Expenditure From 2005 To 2022 by Inosky(m): 9:24pm On Jun 06, 2023
Corridon:
The question is: Will Bola use the money saved from subsidy to improve the life of average Nigerian and make our country a better place for everyone or will he loot it dry through alpha beta and Iyaloja general?

There's a saying that goes: A thief cannot change overnight, if you know, you know.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Expenditure From 2005 To 2022 by neutralmind: 9:25pm On Jun 06, 2023
Waste
Re: Fuel Subsidy Expenditure From 2005 To 2022 by ebenholer2(m): 9:26pm On Jun 06, 2023
ONLY A WICKED BEING WILL SAY THIS WICKEDNESS CALLED SUBSIDY SHOULD CONTINUE. IT IS HIGH TIME TO ACTIVATE BICYCLES RIDING AND TAKING TO PUBLIC TRANSPORT INSTEAD OF REGULARLY WASTING RESOURCES ON PERSONAL VEHICLES

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Expenditure From 2005 To 2022 by Basic123: 9:26pm On Jun 06, 2023
N3TRAL:
I'm a bonafide south south boy but let's face it- based on those figures, APC no too chop Nigeria's money.

What Jonathan's administration spent for subsidy for 4 years is almost double what Buhari spent for 7 years.

If you divide Buhari's figure, it is lower than what Yaradua spent in 2 years and what Obasanjo spent in a year.

APC may have its problems but you have to admit that their subsidy figure is the lowest in the history of Nigeria.

The data also shows that Buhari's major problem may not have been misappropriation of funds but he couldn't run the economy well. The percentage the naira fell during Buhari's era is scary.
This is one of the reason why people like me will never like PDP till I die.I experience first hand PDP looting while lagos-Ibadan expressway,Apapa -Oshodi expressway,benin-ore lagos Road,2nd Niger bridge, All our airports terminal suffered Neglect(All have been fixed now) for 16years.when some people say APC is worse than PDP,they look it from angle of inflation and religion bigotry while forgetting that things were cheaper during military era before PDP too over.Also,I see those people as children ,honestly speaking!(some Christians regard APC as Islamic party).

PDP era were dark era,..those years when OBJ will determine to take a state for PDP and nobody can stop him.when results will be announced while the election is still going on 😆

Only bigotry and myopia will make one think PDP is a better alternative to APC....now the president want 20 special adviser,a PDP governor in Adamawa is appointing 50 😆

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Expenditure From 2005 To 2022 by Tadeus(m): 9:26pm On Jun 06, 2023
N3TRAL:

If you divide Buhari's figure, it is lower than what Yaradua spent in 2 years and what Obasanjo spent in a year.

Are you dense? How is 6trn naira plus higher than 7trn naira plus? What kind of nonsense and uneducated people full this forum?. I'm pissed 😡😡

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Expenditure From 2005 To 2022 by Enemyofpeace: 9:28pm On Jun 06, 2023
Scam scammer scammest

In another news, the owner of this style has released an update on how it should be done.

Re: Fuel Subsidy Expenditure From 2005 To 2022 by JADEK04: 9:28pm On Jun 06, 2023
Corridon:
The question is: Will Bola use the money saved from subsidy to improve the life of average Nigerian and make our country a better place for everyone or will he loot it dry through alpha beta and Iyaloja general?
mind you
The money was not even exist they r borrowing to pay
Re: Fuel Subsidy Expenditure From 2005 To 2022 by Gaabasky: 9:29pm On Jun 06, 2023
Corridon:

The answer is that there is no money to be saved. Nigeria has bn borrowing to pay for the scam called fuel subsidy.
What I am expecting from NLC is to publish the names of those marketers and ask the FG to probe them.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Expenditure From 2005 To 2022 by ebenholer2(m): 9:29pm On Jun 06, 2023
Franky9584:
Who the subsidy removal help?
The money wey dem go still share among themselves instead of using it to develop the country
I once had this kind of daft thought until I grew up to know that it was a fable and has nothing to do with realityr

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Expenditure From 2005 To 2022 by N3TRAL: 9:29pm On Jun 06, 2023
Tadeus:

Are you dense? How is 6trn naira plus higher than 7trn naira plus? What kind of nonsense and uneducated people full this forum?. I'm pissed 😡😡

😂
Re: Fuel Subsidy Expenditure From 2005 To 2022 by Gbogbowa: 9:31pm On Jun 06, 2023
From 2005 to 2022 is 17 years and the total money spent on subsidy is less than 21trillion . Take the 2023 budget 21trillion for the total money we spent on subsidy for 17years what happen to all other money budgeted for the remain 16years or let say what happen to the remaining 6years budget during Buhari government over 40 trillion Corruption is our problem and bad leadership
Re: Fuel Subsidy Expenditure From 2005 To 2022 by Corridon: 9:33pm On Jun 06, 2023
Inosky:

There's a saying that goes: A thief cannot change overnight, if you know, you know.

Re: Fuel Subsidy Expenditure From 2005 To 2022 by simfrost90210: 9:34pm On Jun 06, 2023
Corridon:
Hnnm.

Yes!
Just because Ambode refused to subsidize Tinubu's bank account in 2017-2018 and focused in the rehabilitation of the airport road which is superb now, he angrily took the gubernatorial seat away from him and gave it to Sanwo-Olu as the reason why elections in Nigeria are just a waste of productive time, giving godfatherism full chance to play out!!! Tinubu doesn't love what benefits the masses, he loves what benefits himself and his household, it's his own sole purpose!

BAT is a very mean and heartless politician!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Expenditure From 2005 To 2022 by Murketeer: 9:35pm On Jun 06, 2023
Gamesmart:

OBJ = $4.65bn per year
Yaradua = $5.65bn per year
Jonadaaft = $8.33bn per year
Buhari = $3.33bn per year

That man was so senseless, Nigeria was being looted everyday. At least $3bn per year was being comfortable looted from the coffers.

Lol you still dey insult Jonathan of more than 8 years ago dey praise Buhari...keep blaming jonathan
Re: Fuel Subsidy Expenditure From 2005 To 2022 by Tadeus(m): 9:35pm On Jun 06, 2023
solmusdesigns:
shocked

Wow

I went to eat at a mama put and some women got talking

The normal Ibadan hood women , traders and vendor

They said in their Neighborhood Yahooboys won't let them rest with Sounds of Generator from morning till night as they don't work, and they also go clubbing disturbing them at night

They said with subsidy removal atleast the money would go to power generation for the whole country and other infrastructure

If these women could understand it's Economic importance , I wonder why some educated folks are against it especially NLC boss

Nigeria has over 11,000 abandoned Projects

*Fix Ajaokuta with $1.2billion USD and Nigeria would become manufacturer of steel based products

*Complete Zhengeru Projects, Mabila dam with $500m and we have more power

*Build two Nuclear powered plant and like 5 coal plant and Generate enough power to sell accross west Africa

*Build monorail in all major city

*Build Inter state roads and rail

You actually the on that's not educated. You are talking as if we have good leaders. If they build all those projects, what will they(politicians) benefit from it? Let's think like a Nigerian and stop fooling ourselves here. We know they will find another way to re-loot the funds because they know that if Nigerians have access to good life, during election period, they will not be able to buy them or sell tribal and religion cards to them.

Nigerian leaders are evil including your Peter Obi. They are all birds of feather .#fact
Re: Fuel Subsidy Expenditure From 2005 To 2022 by Chemlite: 9:36pm On Jun 06, 2023
Op explain how come #7.95tn in dollars is lesser than #6.6tn in dollars?

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Expenditure From 2005 To 2022 by N3TRAL: 9:37pm On Jun 06, 2023
Chemlite:
Op explain how come #7.95tn in dollars is lesser than #6.6tn in dollars?

Inflation, depreciation of the naira.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Expenditure From 2005 To 2022 by DGOODLYF: 9:37pm On Jun 06, 2023
Another propaganda....i dont understand...
How do you want me to believe dis...wen apc govt already told us they v spent up to 4 trillion in dis year alone

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Expenditure From 2005 To 2022 by grandstar(m): 9:38pm On Jun 06, 2023
Corridon:

What's important is not how the savings will be utilized but that the subsidy itself is gone.

It's like a drunkard. It is not how much money he "saves" from drinking., it is for him to quit drinking.

It is the same for drug addiction. It is not the money "saved" but ending the addiction itself.

To understand better, the ending of the subsidy has ended the smuggling of petrol across the borders overnight. Even if it is smuggled, the government isn't losing a kobo. It might even be profiting as NNPC sells its product at a profit now

For instance, just ending the subsidy cuts downs the size of the budget deficit. So if the budget deficit was supposed to be 3% of GDP this year, it will only be 0.5%. That will simply means less federal gobernment borrowing. In turn less borrowing will enable banks to lend more money to the private sector.

That's why economists or foreign magazine prefer to use the terms "cut down the size of the budget deficit to dash% of the GDP."

It also means that a fiscally irresponsible government like Buhari wont print money to finance borrowing.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Expenditure From 2005 To 2022 by Murketeer: 9:38pm On Jun 06, 2023
Omoawoke:
Gej spent almost 7 trillion in 5 years shocked
Sheybi na una lock Nigeria down for 3 days to protest removal grin
Re: Fuel Subsidy Expenditure From 2005 To 2022 by simfrost90210: 9:40pm On Jun 06, 2023
Murketeer:

Lol you still dey insult Jonathan of more than 8 years ago dey praise Buhari...keep blaming jonathan

That guy no well ooo
You just came out from hellfire and regretting when you were under air-conditioner.. Haba🙄

No be juju be that?😒😒
Re: Fuel Subsidy Expenditure From 2005 To 2022 by Raskimonojendor: 9:40pm On Jun 06, 2023
PlayerMeji:
Just look at Jonathan's figures..

Wow..

But I know some guys are coming to wail here..
As a former PDP guy, Omo GEJ was a spender. The guy really dashed people a lot of money. You just need to be at the right place and at the right time.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Expenditure From 2005 To 2022 by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 06, 2023
Corridon:

This is the thing that I hate most and also Vexes me about Blvck People. Hypocrisy and Whininggrin

Why asking this Fuuleesh Question when you already know the Truth and Reality in your Mind.

Why? Why?

The Question you are supposed to be asking is Why do you Blvck People want to remain Forever Stewpid, Fuuleesh and Uselessgrin
Re: Fuel Subsidy Expenditure From 2005 To 2022 by solmusdesigns: 9:41pm On Jun 06, 2023
Tadeus:

You actually the on that's not educated. You are talking as if we have good leaders. If they build all those projects, what will they(politicians) benefit from it? Let's think like a Nigerian and stop fooling ourselves here. We know they will find another way to re-loot the funds because they know that if Nigerians have access to good life, during election period, they will not be able to buy them or sell tribal and religion cards to them.

Nigerian leaders are evil including your Peter Obi. They are all birds of feather .#fact

Stupid persimistic mindset

Dubai development was less than 20 years same as China and downtown Chicago
Re: Fuel Subsidy Expenditure From 2005 To 2022 by odiereke(m): 9:43pm On Jun 06, 2023
God bless you my brother.
N3TRAL:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wike, Saraki And Kwankwaso In Rivers State (Photos) / EFCC Declares Leno Adesanya Wanted / Fani-Kayode & His Wife Receive Gbenga Daniel In Their Home (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.