Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,218 members, 7,836,060 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Advantages And Disadvantages Of Compressed Natural Gas (cng) Over Pms - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Compressed Natural Gas (cng) Over Pms (1363 Views)

NNPC Delegates Meet Anambra State Government Over Natural Gas In The State (pics / Ogun Government Has Commenced The Use Of Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Vehicles / Russia-Ukraine War: Nigeria Ready To Fill Natural Gas Gap In Europe – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advantages And Disadvantages Of Compressed Natural Gas (cng) Over Pms by NDIOGAH(m): 11:06pm On Jun 06, 2023
Following controversial fuel subsidy removal saga and agreement between Federal Government and Nigeria Labour Congress on introduction of motorized CNG I Want to know the benefits and backlash of using CNG OVER traditional PMS and consequences of introduction of such methods in addressing fuel subsidy removal quagmires. no foul language, no sentimental/motion opinions or tribalistic/ethnic and bias oriented comments, please only expertise, technically and professional opinion is ok
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Compressed Natural Gas (cng) Over Pms by Princeton92(m): 11:08pm On Jun 06, 2023
I'm here to learn too.... So I don join queue πŸ˜ƒ
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Compressed Natural Gas (cng) Over Pms by fixitbyjal(m): 11:21pm On Jun 06, 2023
Let's wait for the elders to come shed more light
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Compressed Natural Gas (cng) Over Pms by kokoA(m): 11:23pm On Jun 06, 2023
I saw CNG in that agreement paper between NLC and government, me sef confuse.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Compressed Natural Gas (cng) Over Pms by Domi007(f): 11:25pm On Jun 06, 2023
Both are of no use
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Compressed Natural Gas (cng) Over Pms by Jennie002: 11:27pm On Jun 06, 2023
The amount of question i carry for head,you no fit answer all BroπŸ˜‚
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Compressed Natural Gas (cng) Over Pms by NDIOGAH(m): 11:30pm On Jun 06, 2023
kokoA:
I saw CNG in that agreement paper between NLC and government, me sef confuse.
that is why I am seeking expert opinion
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Compressed Natural Gas (cng) Over Pms by NDIOGAH(m): 11:31pm On Jun 06, 2023
Jennie002:
The amount of question i carry for head,you no fit answer all BroπŸ˜‚
throw More light on them please
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Compressed Natural Gas (cng) Over Pms by NDIOGAH(m): 11:31pm On Jun 06, 2023
Domi007:
Both are of no use
I disagree with you

2 Likes

Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Compressed Natural Gas (cng) Over Pms by NDIOGAH(m): 11:32pm On Jun 06, 2023
fixitbyjal:
Let's wait for the elders to come shed more light
which elder?
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Compressed Natural Gas (cng) Over Pms by oyatz(m): 11:37pm On Jun 06, 2023
CNG is more efficient ,a 12kg gas cylinder will last longer that 12 kg of petrol and generate less exhaust waste.It is also cheaper than Petrol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Compressed Natural Gas (cng) Over Pms by NDIOGAH(m): 11:53pm On Jun 06, 2023
oyatz:
CNG is more efficient ,a 12kg gas cylinder will last longer that 12 kg of petrol and generate less exhaust waste.It is also cheaper than Petrol
wonderful analysis
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Compressed Natural Gas (cng) Over Pms by Zionmdde: 2:28am On Jun 07, 2023
CNG is cheaper
A lot of companies are already using it for their generator

But if people start turning to cng massively demand will exceed supply. Even if people start building Cng plants, it will be difficult to get gas

1 Like

Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Compressed Natural Gas (cng) Over Pms by kokoA(m): 4:18am On Jun 07, 2023
Zionmdde:
CNG is cheaper

But if people start turning to cng massively demand will exceed supply. Even if people start building Cng plants, it will be difficult to get gas
We can start by getting the public transportation vehicles on this first of all, this will atleast reduce the cost of transportation of humans, goods and services while me maintain pms and diesel for private use.

2 Likes

Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Compressed Natural Gas (cng) Over Pms by inoki247: 4:46am On Jun 07, 2023
People that are complaining they're jobless I think is time they start learning how to convert A PMS vehicle to an Gas vehicle cos that will soon be the new business wey people go dey patronize....

Almost all the Taxi in Ghana don't use petrol na Gas cos is more efficient....

2 Likes

Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Compressed Natural Gas (cng) Over Pms by Vivianat(f): 5:02am On Jun 07, 2023
BannerEnergy Lagos
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Compressed Natural Gas (cng) Over Pms by GeneralDae: 5:15am On Jun 07, 2023
Zionmdde:
CNG is cheaper

We have more in terms of gas though and the Bonny Island is becoming more and more accessible.

1 Like

Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Compressed Natural Gas (cng) Over Pms by Zionmdde: 6:43am On Jun 07, 2023
GeneralDae:

We have more in terms of gas though and the Bonny Island is becoming more and more accessible.
You have more gas reserves, but you have an epileptic gas production. And what infrastructures do you have to send the gas to Cng producers?
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Compressed Natural Gas (cng) Over Pms by Zionmdde: 6:45am On Jun 07, 2023
kokoA:
We can start by getting the public transportation vehicles on this first of all, this will atleast reduce the cost of transportation of humans, goods and services while me maintain pms and diesel for private use.
How many public transport owners can afford to offload their old vehicles and buy new ones? Or spend millions in converting their engines to cng engines, amidst the low cng supply?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The faces of IPOB militants arrested by Nigerian army / Subpoena: How CSU Exposed Reno Omokri Lies - Rufai Oseni / Moment Philip Shaibu Accidentally Prays For Godwin Omobayo To Succeed Him Politi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.