Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,982 members, 7,810,737 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

Expert Seeks Crude Oil Exchange Solution For Airlines’ Trapped $818.2m Million - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Expert Seeks Crude Oil Exchange Solution For Airlines’ Trapped $818.2m Million (6108 Views)

Hyacinth Takes Over Ikorodu Ferry Terminal In Lagos, Many Trapped (Photos) / Over 800 People Trapped In Cruise Ship Chaos In Norway (Photos) / Experts Urge FG To Review Minimum Aircraft Requirement For Airlines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Expert Seeks Crude Oil Exchange Solution For Airlines’ Trapped $818.2m Million by 10thTenthMan: 2:44pm On Jun 07, 2023
AntiChristian:

Thanks.
I thought BAT promised something like allowing investors to repatriate their money?

To me, these things are not immediate. I do not support APC, PDP, LP or any party. However, we must note that Presidential/Executive Directives do not work on every matter/issue. Besides, he mentioned that he was going to ensure that this happens. For it to happen it is a process. There are laid down administrative processes. In public service, public administration, and macroeconomics, it is easy to realize that even if it is his desire, it will have to be done in a controlled manner. Otherwise, we won't have USD for other important international trade activities. Our earnings have not been fantastic, and we are servicing debts with about 90% of our earnings.

Like the article says, other options like crude oil exchange might help to reduce this debt. Crude Oil Brokers will see an increase in business if this eventually happens.

2 Likes

Re: Expert Seeks Crude Oil Exchange Solution For Airlines’ Trapped $818.2m Million by AntiChristian: 2:57pm On Jun 07, 2023
10thTenthMan:

To me, these things are not immediate. I do not support APC, PDP, LP or any party. However, we must note that Presidential/Executive Directives do not work on every matter/issue. Besides, he mentioned that he was going to ensure that this happens. For it to happen it is a process. There are laid down administrative processes. In public service, public administration, and macroeconomics, it is easy to realize that even if it is his desire, it will have to be done in a controlled manner. Otherwise, we won't have USD for other important international trade activities. Our earnings have not been fantastic, and we are servicing debts with about 90% of our earnings.

Like the article says, other options like crude oil exchange might help to reduce this debt. Crude Oil Brokers will see an increase in business if this eventually happens.

Lovely analysis!
Thanks so much!
Re: Expert Seeks Crude Oil Exchange Solution For Airlines’ Trapped $818.2m Million by fxexperts: 4:00pm On Jun 07, 2023
sulaak:

This is a big business opportunity for Nigeria entrepreneurs,

Last week an MRO facility was opened in Akwa Ibom. The country needs to open more MRO nationwide to reduce the dependency on the dollar. They will still have to import spare parts, but with time OEM suppliers can be encouraged to set up factories in the country.

The amount of money wasted on the corrupt Nigeria Air should have been invested in building MROs at all international and local airports.

This is no business opportunity. You Nigerians do not understand a thing about business and government policies. that is why you are where you are as a country. The MRO facility will still look for ways to repatriate dollar to their home country too no matter what. The only wany to solve this is for government to pay the outstanding debt and cancel every agreement with all airline operators and make the operators to source for dollar themselves at the black market. Trust me there are a whole lot of dollars at the black market. and the funny thing is that most of these airline operators sold these tickets at black market rate and now they want to milk the country dry by collecting their proceed at CBN rate. that is a double scam from a foolish president like PMB and his cohort agbado man.
Re: Expert Seeks Crude Oil Exchange Solution For Airlines’ Trapped $818.2m Million by Bundaweber: 6:33pm On Jun 07, 2023
sulaak:

This is a big business opportunity for Nigeria entrepreneurs,

Last week an MRO facility was opened in Akwa Ibom. The country needs to open more MRO nationwide to reduce the dependency on the dollar. They will still have to import spare parts, but with time OEM suppliers can be encouraged to set up factories in the country.

The amount of money wasted on the corrupt Nigeria Air should have been invested in building MROs at all international and local airports.

of

That is the right way to go but has nigeria been known to go the right way? I learnt that some airlines spend as much as a million dollars for servicing. Wo Nigeria is not good for entrepreneurs. From hostile communities to hostile civil service . I think it was even said that the mro you mentioned never even got off
Re: Expert Seeks Crude Oil Exchange Solution For Airlines’ Trapped $818.2m Million by Mrpojj(m): 7:24pm On Jun 07, 2023
Re: Expert Seeks Crude Oil Exchange Solution For Airlines’ Trapped $818.2m Million by sulaak(m): 9:22pm On Jun 07, 2023
Bundaweber:
of

That is the right way to go but has nigeria been known to go the right way? I learnt that some airlines spend as much as a million dollars for servicing. Wo Nigeria is not good for entrepreneurs. From hostile communities to hostile civil service . I think it was even said that the mro you mentioned never even got off

The Chinese, Indians and Lebanese are doing very well in Nigeria; we can sit down and do nothing or do what every entrepreneur does and take the risk.
Re: Expert Seeks Crude Oil Exchange Solution For Airlines’ Trapped $818.2m Million by makaveli902: 11:01pm On Jun 07, 2023
The common man cannot access FX at government rate but the likes of Otedola and Dangote can do so of if you are going to Mecca or Jerusalem.
I weep for my country.

Didijiji:
BUHARI !

BUHARI !!

BUHARI !!!

The wreck and damage you and that Amina of a woman caused Nigeria will need centuries to fix

BTW,

What happened to our forex? Because they had to even block Nigerians from using their local debit card to access FX at government rates!

What did they do with all the Forex from crude oil sales? Someone was asking how Dangote sourced his and at what rate he did
Re: Expert Seeks Crude Oil Exchange Solution For Airlines’ Trapped $818.2m Million by Prosperity4All: 7:26am On Jun 08, 2023
thisisit:
NIGERIA OIL & GAS COMPANY LTD..

EVERYTHING ABOUT NIGERIA IS OIL AND GAS ASSETS... NOTHING MORE.

THE GRAND PRIZE FOR ETHNIC OR RELIGIOUS OR POLITICAL SUPREMACY IS... CONTROL OF CRUDE OIL RESOURCES..

IGBO, OR YORUBA OR HAUSA ARE ALWAYS FIGHTING OVER WHO BECOMES CEO OF NIGERIA OIL AND GAS LTD.

THE NIGER DELTA MILITANTS SHOULD BLOW UP THE USELESS OIL AND GAS ASSETS ALREADY.
. NONSENSE COUNTRY.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
The people you expect to do the blowing up are so cheap and useless
Look at their leader "the fat pig of the creeks" siding those holding them hostage shocked

1 Like

Re: Expert Seeks Crude Oil Exchange Solution For Airlines’ Trapped $818.2m Million by thisisit: 2:43pm On Jun 08, 2023
Prosperity4All:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
The people you expect to do the blowing up are so cheap and useless
Look at their leader "the fat pig of the creeks" siding those holding them hostage shocked

YOU'RE ON POINT..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anyone Got A Uk Visa Recently / Cheapest Ticket To London / California, United States Of America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.