Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,145 members, 7,852,908 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:12 AM

Lionel Messi To Join Inter Miami - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi To Join Inter Miami (863 Views)

Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami / David Beckham Dribbles Inter Miami Players In Five-A-Side Match (Photos, Video) / Maradona Slams Argentine Team, Compares Messi To Argentine Comedian, Patoruzu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lionel Messi To Join Inter Miami by obedience4(m): 2:57pm On Jun 07, 2023
Argentina legend Lionel Messi will join American side Inter Miami after his exit from French champions Paris St-Germain

The former Barcelona player is set to reject a more lucrative offer from Saudi Arabian side Al-Hilal.
The Miami deal includes collaboration from brands like Adidas and Apple

Forward Messi, 35, won the award for the world's best player seven times and is expected to win it later this year after World Cup success.

This is the first time Barcelona icon Messi has played outside Europe.
He wanted to remain in Europe for another season but, after no satisfactory offers were received, he had the straight choice between Inter Miami or Al-Hilal.
He was heavily tipped to be favouring a move to Saudi Arabia, where he would have joined Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema in the league in a deal that could not be matched financially

But Messi was ultimately tempted to Major League Soccer side Inter Miami for a variety of reasons including lifestyle, and a deal with big brands that extends beyond football

He already owns a house in Miami, which he currently rents out

He was keen on a return to Barcelona this summer but the Financial Fair Play limitations that will be in place for next season in La Liga made any ambitious plan to bring him back an impossibility

Paris St-Germain won Ligue 1 in both his seasons at the club but went out in the Champions League last 16, which means his time in France was not seen as a huge success.

He netted 32 goals in 75 games for the club - and ended this season with 16 goals and 16 assists in Ligue 1.

Messi's two-year contract comes to an end this summer and both parties agreed to go their separate ways, with the forward suspended for two weeks in May for an unauthorised trip to Saudi Arabia.

His legacy comes from his time at Barcelona and winning the World Cup with Argentina in December.

He left Barca in 2021, after 21 years with the club, because of the club's financial problems.

Messi is Barcelona's record scorer with 672 goals and won 10 La Liga titles, four Champions Leagues and seven Spanish Cups.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65690051

Nlfpmod mynd44 frontage
Re: Lionel Messi To Join Inter Miami by Acekidc4(m): 3:01pm On Jun 07, 2023
The Original GOAT
Re: Lionel Messi To Join Inter Miami by chiefolododo(m): 3:04pm On Jun 07, 2023
Acekidc4:
The Original GOAT
in my language goat is ewure
Re: Lionel Messi To Join Inter Miami by obedience4(m): 3:06pm On Jun 07, 2023
The Only GOAT I know

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi To Join Inter Miami by Acekidc4(m): 3:08pm On Jun 07, 2023
chiefolododo:
in my language goat is ewure

Greatest Of All Time
G.............O...A....T

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi To Join Inter Miami by IkeIgboNiile(m): 3:48pm On Jun 07, 2023
I always knew Inter Miami was the better option. His kids will go to school there and he'll get 35% shares in the club in a country where football has the potential of growing massively.

Plus i don't think he wants that rivalry between him and cRonaldo to continue in the end of his career.
Re: Lionel Messi To Join Inter Miami by JohnBullMySon: 3:54pm On Jun 07, 2023
If true, then I'm happy with his decision.

He chose freedom 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Re: Lionel Messi To Join Inter Miami by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:03pm On Jun 07, 2023
where are the HE-diots who were saying this washed up old and tired player was gonna sign back in BARCELONA....?!?!?! who has ever heard of INTER MIAMI sef?!?!? club that is barely 3 yrs old, BWAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

if true, you guys better go and hide with your head in the bar beach sand o! i can already picture yeye Almiron and Tesppidd now:

Re: Lionel Messi To Join Inter Miami by TheSuperX(m): 5:33pm On Jun 07, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
where are the HE-diots who were saying this washed up old and tired player was gonna sign back in BARCELONA....?!?!?! who has ever heard of INTER MIAMI sef?!?!? club that is barely 3 yrs old, BWAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

if true, you guys better go and hide with your head in the bar beach sand o!
Shut up man
Re: Lionel Messi To Join Inter Miami by tesppidd: 7:23pm On Jun 07, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

if true, you guys better go and hide with your head in the bar beach sand o! i can already picture yeye Almiron and Tesppidd now:

Who be this one?

Are you being serious right now?

grin grin grin

Na by force to troll?
Re: Lionel Messi To Join Inter Miami by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:46pm On Jun 07, 2023
tesppidd:
Who be this one?
Are you being serious right now?
grin grin grin
Na by force to troll?

arent you the people who were saying that Messi can never sign in a washed up league and that he was going back to Barcelona?!?!? now your idol is about to sign in a washed league with a washed up unknown team, and you guys are suddenly very quiet. COME CRY HERE ON THIS THREAD!!!!
Re: Lionel Messi To Join Inter Miami by tesppidd: 7:54pm On Jun 07, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

arent you the people who were saying that Messi can never sign in a washed up league and that he was going back to Barcelona?!?!? now your idol is about to sign in a washed league with a washed up unknown team, and you guys are suddenly very quiet. COME CRY HERE ON THIS THREAD!!!!
Messi is only 35 years old.

But He is the most decorated player in the history of football.

He will be the most decorated player for the next 1000 years.

You're too dumb to see that Messi is going into early retirement.

He has completed football, nothing else to fight for besides money and enjoyment.

Messi has conquered football and is technically retiring from football.

Know this, know peace.
Re: Lionel Messi To Join Inter Miami by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:20pm On Jun 07, 2023
tesppidd:
Messi is only 35 years old.
But He is the most decorated player in the history of football.
He will be the most decorated player for the next 1000 years.

You're too dumb to see that Messi is going into early retirement.
He has completed football, nothing else to fight for besides money and enjoyment.
Messi has conquered football and is technically retiring from football.
Know this, know peace.

you are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT about the above in bold, and that certainly does not change the fact that he is OLD; WASHED UP; CANT PLAY 90MINS AT THE TOP ANY LONGER and MOVING TO SOME YEYE LEAGUE NO BETTER THAN THE CAMEL LEAGUE WHERE THAT OTHER GOAT IS CURRENTLY PLAYING!

BTW here below is what you AND your oga at the top was claiming not long ago:

tesppidd:
Bitter and Butt hurt Ronaldo fan girl forming neutral grin cheesy grin
Your favourite footballer is now playing with part time Imams and camels. grin
AImiron:
Messi is coming to Barcelona next season, the deal is almost done cos Laliga don give Barcelona green light, na the fake news Wey You read on the frontpage you still dey waaaaank too. You're miserable, I love your misery, trust me e Dey give me joy, make una go drink sniper remain now

so let me savour this great pleasure and joy that your idol is exactly what i have been saying all along (a useless washed up player)...and him too will join some yeye camel league level championship (because thats where useless washed up tired old players go)!
Re: Lionel Messi To Join Inter Miami by tesppidd: 8:45pm On Jun 07, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

you are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT about the above in bold, and that certainly does not change the fact that he is OLD; WASHED UP; CANT PLAY 90MINS AT THE TOP ANY LONGER and MOVING TO SOME YEYE LEAGUE NO BETTER THAN THE CAMEL LEAGUE WHERE THAT OTHER GOAT IS CURRENTLY PLAYING!

BTW here below is what you AND your oga at the top was claiming not long ago:

so let me savour this great pleasure and joy that your idol is exactly what i have been saying all along (a useless washed up player)...and him too will join some yeye camel league level championship (because thats where useless washed up tired old players go)!
lol

Now you gon bash an athlete for getting old and washed up?

grin

You're obviously tired and exhausted with nothing more to say.

And since you agree with the bolded, my job here is done,,

Absolutely nothing else to say to you.

grin grin
Re: Lionel Messi To Join Inter Miami by tesppidd: 8:51pm On Jun 07, 2023
Grasping at anything, grasping at straws,,

Lol
Re: Lionel Messi To Join Inter Miami by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:21am On Jun 08, 2023
tesppidd:
lol
Now you gon bash an athlete for getting old and washed up?
grin
You're obviously tired and exhausted with nothing more to say.
And since you agree with the bolded, my job here is done,,
Absolutely nothing else to say to you.
grin grin

its called NO SUGARCOATING... you can continue fool yourself that these 2 players "were" great, yes! but Messi and CR7 today are old, washed up, and cant play 90mins at the top any longer. no decent league should hire them unless for marketing purposes.
Re: Lionel Messi To Join Inter Miami by Almiron: 1:06am On Jun 08, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

You're the dumbest modafuka on this thread, how you wan take know inter Miami, poor basstard shebi na viewing center you dey watch football matches, dem no go show MLS for you . You just dey expose yourself trying to troll lmao. You're nothing on this banter table, ill kill and eat you anytime anyday. We aint mates in any way, get that into your poverty stricken empty skulll

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi To Join Inter Miami by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:21am On Jun 08, 2023
Almiron:
You're the dumbest modafuka on this thread, how you wan take know inter Miami, poor basstard shebi na viewing center you dey watch football matches, dem no go show MLS for you . You just dey expose yourself trying to troll lmao. You're nothing on this banter table, ill kill and eat you anytime anyday. We aint mates in any way, get that into your poverty stricken empty skulll

you ignoramus.....did you even know about Inter Miami before your idol decided to move there? yeye MLS good for washed up useless players, now suddenly you want to make mouth....?! SHATTTAAPP YEAH!

you call him the GOAT but, if he was he would be playing where the best football on earth is played (aka any top European league), yet NO EUROPEAN CLUB WANTS HIS WASHED UP USELESS OLD SELF TODAY!!!!

go cry me a river you, OLODO!!!!

Re: Lionel Messi To Join Inter Miami by Almiron: 1:23am On Jun 08, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

you ignoramus.....did you even know about Inter Miami before your idol decided to move there? yeye MLS good for washed up useless players, now suddenly you want to make mouth....?! SHATTTAAPP YEAH!

you call him the GOAT but, if he was he would be playing where the best football on earth is played (aka any top European league), yet NO EUROPEAN CLUB WANTS HIS WASHED UP USELESS OLD SELF TODAY!!!!

modafuka. You'll cry till death

Re: Lionel Messi To Join Inter Miami by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:28am On Jun 08, 2023
Almiron:
modafuka. You'll cry till death

bro, i am so much laughing at all you yeye useless people who were quick to talk down and abuse CR7 when he went to play for camel league while now your idol is doing exactly the same. you people are such hypocrites now saying that MLS is better than camel league bla bla bla while anyone can understand that Mess-he is as washed up of a player as CR7, going to play in a washed up league like MLS.

i am LAUGHING TIL DEATH! karma is a bitch!

Re: Lionel Messi To Join Inter Miami by Almiron: 1:28am On Jun 08, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

bro, i am so much laughing at all you yeye useless people who were quick to talk don about CR7 when he went to play for camel league while now your idol is doing exactly the same. you people are such hypocrites now saying that MLS is better than camel league bla bla bla while anyone can understand that Mess-e is as washed up of a player as CR7.

i am LAUGHING TIL DEATH! karma is a bitch!

one last reply. Die modafuka

Re: Lionel Messi To Join Inter Miami by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:29am On Jun 08, 2023

Re: Lionel Messi To Join Inter Miami by tesppidd: 6:12am On Jun 08, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

its called NO SUGARCOATING... you can continue fool yourself that these 2 players "were" great, yes! but Messi and CR7 today are old, washed up, and cant play 90mins at the top any longer. no decent league should hire them unless for marketing purposes.
The photo below was Messi's motivation to go to a "farmers" league.

Oya tell us Ronaldo's motivation to go to a "famers" league!

grin grin grin

You are a mumuuuu man!

Re: Lionel Messi To Join Inter Miami by tesppidd: 6:23am On Jun 08, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

In graphic form, why Messi felt good about retiring to a "farmers" league.

Graphics!!

Tell us Ronaldo's motivation to a farmers league just after a trophy Man U season.

Dumb mutherfuckeerr.

grin grin grin grin

Re: Lionel Messi To Join Inter Miami by tesppidd: 6:27am On Jun 08, 2023
There is Messi, after completing football, sleeping and dreaming about which famers league to join.

Infact deeply snoring while at it.

Re: Lionel Messi To Join Inter Miami by tesppidd: 6:30am On Jun 08, 2023
Then he wakes up, still can't figure!

Pours himself a drink while still pondering on whether to go to Saudi, America,China or the Nigerian league.

Re: Lionel Messi To Join Inter Miami by tesppidd: 6:32am On Jun 08, 2023
Mumu MrBrownJ1, we go spam this thread finish, since you don't want to have sense at your age.

The one am looking for now is a collection of all his golden balls.

Just wait.
Re: Lionel Messi To Join Inter Miami by Padipadi: 9:57am On Jun 08, 2023
Almiron:
one last reply. Die modafuka
I know MrBrownJay1 finished you till you cried like a cuming Olosho.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi To Join Inter Miami by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:13pm On Jun 08, 2023
tesppidd:
In graphic form, why Messi felt good about retiring to a "farmers" league.
Graphics!!
Tell us Ronaldo's motivation to a farmers league just after a trophy Man U season.
Dumb mutherfuckeerr.
grin grin grin grin
tesppidd:
The photo below was Messi's motivation to go to a "farmers" league.
Oya tell us Ronaldo's motivation to go to a "famers" league!
grin grin grin
You are a mumuuuu man!

Re: Lionel Messi To Join Inter Miami by tesppidd: 2:51pm On Jun 08, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

Even Antonella is having a feel of the GOAT.

She knows she is GOAT Mrs.

grin

Re: Lionel Messi To Join Inter Miami by tesppidd: 2:52pm On Jun 08, 2023
grin grin

Re: Lionel Messi To Join Inter Miami by tesppidd: 2:54pm On Jun 08, 2023
I have shown you the liberty Messi had to retire to a farmers' league...

Oya show us what gave Ronaldo the impetus to go to a camels league after a disastrous Man U spell!!

tongue
tongue
tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Inter Miami have been eliminated from the MLS playoffs ⛔️�� / Chelsea Explain Mourinho Exit / Ivanovic Verses Bosingwa Who Is Better 4 Chelsea To Continue In There Winning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.