Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,829 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

The Black Butterfly . - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Black Butterfly . (1285 Views)

Once Upon A Butterfly / So Scary!�the Black Alien Man!! / The Black Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Black Butterfly . by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 7:02pm On Jun 07, 2023
Hello guys!
It's been awhile. I will be dropping something from tomorrow. I hope you like it.

Domawoleye

2 Likes

Re: The Black Butterfly . by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 8:18am On Jun 08, 2023
DOMAWOLEYE:
Hello guys!
It's been awhile. I will be dropping something from tomorrow. I hope you like it.

Domawoleye

1 Like

Re: The Black Butterfly . by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 8:24am On Jun 08, 2023
CHAPTER 1

They told me that my parents were married and childless for eleven years before I was born. My mother had to leave town when I was conceived and she returned with me months later. The child dedication was a big one at the Holy Family Catholic Church Woji Estate in Port Harcourt Rivers State of Nigeria. I was christened Cecelia and my surname is Hart, we are from Opobo. The historic town of the famous King Jaja, my family is one of the ruling Houses in Opobo and my father an heir apparent.
The Childless state of my parent had caused a lot of bad blood between members of the family and it was my arrival that softened things up and the family became united once more. My mother was at war with my father’s family especially my grandmother who had at one time advised her son to marry a second wife in the village who would bear him a son, my dad had discussed the idea with his wife and hell was let loose. My mother had travelled to Opobo the next day when Daddy went to work and turned my grandmother’s house upside down. She insulted every member of my father’s family and dared them to come and visit their son in Port Harcourt, she promised to poison anyone that comes, and she returned to Port-Harcourt before Daddy returned from work and acted as if nothing had happened. She even seized grandma’s GSM phone and broke the SIM card, after all she was the one that bought the phone for grandma when the going was still good between them.
It took Daddy two weeks before he knew what the wife had gone to do to his mother. He did not take it lightly with the wife because he happened to be the only child of his mother, he has other step brothers and sisters as the father had four wives before his death.
Grand pa was into boat transportation business, he had several boats and wives
He had married four different women from four different water side villages where the boats plied. A woman each for Bakanna, Opobo, Okirika and Bonny Island. He had a total of twenty three children, my Dad happened to be the first son.
Daddy travelled home to see his mother and when he came back there was a serious quarrel between him and my mother and Daddy vowed never to pay host to any of mother’s relations, so no relative ever visited us until my arrival. Mummy was thirty five and daddy Forty seven years old and both had waited childless for eleven years.
I grew up being pampered as an only child, I had all the toys I wanted and I ate and drank all that pleased me. I grew up healthy and robust and when I came of age, I was registered at Kiddies International. One of the best schools at Woji, I started reading and writing in Nursery two and, I was made to skip nursery three for primary one at the age of 5.
Mummy was a Sunday school teacher at church, she was also very active in several church activities so I was very popular among the kids and parents. I remember when I was called up for a presentation in the church on Children Harvest Day I recited Mathew chapter 1 off hand without wavering. I received a standing ovation from the church as well as some cash gifts that was sprayed on me by parents who were excited as I was reciting.
As a five year old girl, I had started fiddling with musical instruments in church and at school; I joined the children choir and quickly started to sing every song being raised by our choir master so sometimes they allowed me to lead the choir. I was loved by everyone and my parents were very proud of me. I took fourth position in my first term in Primary one and by the second term until I finished my primary school I maintained the first position.
When I entered primary three at seven years of age mummy became pregnant, it was awesome to see her change physically just like other mothers I used to know. I was happy I was going to have a baby. I told them it would be my baby. I said I wanted a baby girl but my parents wanted a boy. They told me I was a girl already so I needed a brother, so I then wished for a boy.
The baby girl came when I was in primary four and almost eight years old. We were all happy especially my mother, the child dedication was done with so much aplomb. Our house was full with guest and there was more than enough to eat and drink.
Two years after the birth of Anita I was ten years old and about to enter the secondary school mummy took in again and gave birth to a baby boy, he was named Prince. The arrival of Prince was the end of my happy days in my father’s house.
Daddy wanted me to be a boarding student as I had passed the entrance examination into the Federal government college but mummy would not support the idea. She needed my assistance in taking care of the prince of the house, so somehow I found myself in a private secondary school situated at Elelenwon, a town close to Woji.

CHAPTER 2
The immediate change in my parents attitude towards me was so fast that I did not see it coming, I had been a good child all my life, I have never stolen any item in my life because I had no reason to. I had all I ever wanted, so it was very amusing when my mother called me inside the room on my first day from secondary school and searched my bag inside out, she then frisked me from head to toe. I asked what she was looking for but she did not utter a word until she was done searching.
I am looking for my money! She said. Did you take it?
Ahan! Mummy is that why you were searching my bag? I asked. You should have asked me first nah.
Answer my question with a yes or no now before I slap your mouth silly! She said angrily.
I was shocked; she had never spoken to me in that tone in ten years.
Mummy you are shouting! I said, and that was it, she pounced on me and dealt me several slaps and blows. I screamed and tried to run out of her room but the door was locked and before I was could turn the key to unlock the door she was on me. She beat me with her shoes and broom until I collapsed on the floor, I slept off afterwards and woke up hungry in the middle of the night in my bed, I went to the kitchen for my food but there was no food kept for me, I opened the refrigerator and the micro wave oven, there was nothing there, so I peeled some slice of bread and buttered it, then I took a can of malt drink and went to the dining table to eat.
I was gnawing on the second slice of bread when my mother came in and saw me eating.
What are you eating? Who gave it to you? Thief! You are a thief! She shouted as she ran towards me and collected the food from me.
Mummy I am hungry! I have not eaten since I returned from school! I said, don’t mummy me! Who is you mummy? Idiot bastard! She said.
Daddy! Daddy! I shouted
Daddy rushed out in his pajamas
What’s wrong Ceece? He asked
I don’t know what I did to mummy today o! She beat me mercilessly when I returned from school; she even accused me of stealing! Now I am eating because I was hungry and she snatched my food from me calling me a thief!
It’s okay!”It’s okay”! Daddy said and he prepared another bread and butter for me. “Your mother is going through a hard phase” he said.
“She even said I should not call her mummy “: I reported.
“Don’t mind her dear”! How could she? Daddy asked
And she called me a bastard! I said
What!? Daddy asked surprised. What has gone wrong with this woman! Don’t worry dear, come! I will deal with her, don’t worry. Oya eat! Eat and go to sleep ehn? There is school to attend in the morning.
I went with him to the sitting room and ate my food until he retired upstairs. I heard their voices quarrelling before I went to my own room to do my home work and read my book.

A couple of hours later, when I was beginning to enjoy my sleep, I heard mother’s voice so I opened my eyes.
Wake up silly girl! Oya! Go and take a broom and sweep the whole house! Start from the sitting room”!
I looked at the wall clock; it was four o’clock in the morning. It must be a dream. So I turned over and spread very well on the bed. The sound that woke me up was louder than the impact of her hands on my back. I screamed out of bed. My hands could not reach my back to properly rub the spot she had slapped. As I rubbed my back against the wall, I was looking at her hands to see if she has hit me with something but no, it was her palm.
“My friend, go and sweep the parlour”! She screamed.
I pointed at the wall clock with one hand while I covered my mouth with the other
Ehen? She asked
“Four o’clock in the morning”! I managed to say. My back was burning.
“Yes! It is time for you to start your daily chores”! She said.” From today hence forth, you must wake up at this time and clean up the whole house before going to school”! “If you do not finish it, then no school for you”! She said.
I was suddenly scared of her. Is this the mother that raised me up? Had an evil spirit taken over her?
Daddy! I screamed but she was upon me in a flash. She grabbed my mouth and pinched it until it bled. I spat out bloody spittle. I touched my lips. It burnt. “If I hear any sound from your mouth I will skin you alive”!” Do you want to wake my baby”? She scolded.
I scuttled out of my room towards the kitchen and got a broom to sweep the parlour then she went upstairs. As I began to sweep the parlour I had to sit down and think if all that was happening was indeed reality of hallucination. I fell asleep on the couch again.
It was a double barreled slap that woke me up at after six o’clock on the couch.
“You are sleeping”? She screamed
As I opened my eyes, the lights in the sitting room were blinking at me. I was confused.
“You have not even started sweeping at all”? “I swear I will kill you today”! “I will skin you alive”! She pummeled me, she stamped her feet on every part of my body as I lay on the ground trying to get up and run upstairs
“Please mummy”! I begged. Daddy! I screamed to no avail.
I finished sweeping every room in the house and went to the bath room to take my bath so as to be ready to leave the house with daddy as he leaves for work at seven o’clock.
I was in the bath room with lather all over me when mother opened the door
“Look! Make sure you wash and scrub the toilet and bathrooms before you go to school o!
Mummy! Daddy leaves for work at seven! He has to drop me at school; the time is almost seven o’clock! I said while wiping lather off my face.
“I have told you that this mouth will kill you”! She retorted.” You like to argue with me”! ‘If you like don’t do what I told you”! “Then we shall know who is who in this house”! She said.
“But mummy, what of the maids”? I asked
“Look” ! “One more word from you, I will pour this kettle of hot water on you”! She threatened.

I opened one eye and saw a smoking kettle in her hands, she was preparing to bath the baby. So I kept mute. After bathing and dressing up in my school uniform I went to the BQ only to discover that the maids had been laid off. The doors to the rooms were all open and empty. That was when it dawned on me that all was not well at all. I pulled off my uniform and washed the three toilets and three bathrooms in the house. I finished washing at after ten o’clock and proceeded to school. I had to trek to school for the first time. When I asked my mother for transport fare to join a Keke to school she said I should come and pull her teeth and use as transport. She asked if I was better that all other kids that trekked to school. I wanted to remind her that she once said I was special and different from other children but I thought it better to keep quiet so I carried my bag and went to school with an empty stomach, no pocket money and no transport fare. It was the first day that I went to school late and when I returned home from school on this same day, all my belongings had been moved to a room in the BQ. I did not go to school the next day as I was told to cut the weed surrounding the compound and so it was for the rest of the week.
By the next week I was withdrawn from the classy private school to a cheaper private school with very poor infrastructure. Most of the girls and boys in my new class were house maids in different houses, the teachers could barely speak good English and they communicate with Pidgin English among themselves. The school was very close to the creek at woji, hence the name “Creek view secondary school”, most of the students come to school late and they only had assemblies on Mondays.
At age ten I was very smart and tall for my age, I was almost as tall as mother who is tall for a woman. I knew something was wrong; the problem was what was wrong? Daddy has not lost his job; he drove to work daily and returned as usual, everything seemed normal except for me.
But I was doing very well at school, in fact I had no competition in my new school as I came top of the class after the first term examination in JSS Two, my average score was 82% while Julius came second with 62%, Julius used to be the best before my arrival.
Julius Ogbonna is a year older than me, his father works with a private security company in Port-Harcourt, his father ushers customer visiting Genesis Fast Food. He was in the police but was dismissed for taking bribe from motorist; luck ran out of him when he accidentally extorted money from the wife of the state commissioner of police.
But Julius is a very quiet and ambitious boy, we became friends and solved mathematical equation together, Julius also used to be in a better school but after his father’s predicaments, his mother left with a stranger and things fell apart for the family, the father became temperamental and edgy. He focuses all his energy toward giving the children the best within his limited resources, his salary is meager at the security outfit, but he augments with tips he receives by being overtly courteous to customers, beaming for ear to ear as he attended to them. Julius talks a lot about his Dad and the pieces of advice he gives the children, challenging them to be the best and never let any opportunity slip by them.
The treatment I received from my home did not improve rather it grew from bad to worse. I no longer eat at the dining table. My food was been dished into a blue plastic plate. The same brand with the plate used for feeding our dogs. I think the plates were bought together.
The first day mommy served my food in the blue plastic plate and gave to me, I took it straight to the dog’s pen and came to her for my food, I used to eat with ceramics plate just like mommy and daddy. I had to run back and retrieve the food from the dogs before they finished it, that was after mommy had slapped me back and forth, admonishing me for giving my food to the dogs, I ate the dogs left over under her supervision. At thirteen year old in JSS3, my world had always revolved around my small nuclear family. Extended family members seldom visited and so the way my life metamorphosed from grace to grass seems normal to me, I gradually adapted to life of servitude in the house. The kind of story I hear from my classmates who were basically house help and children of the poor, further made my case seem normal.
The quality of the teachers did not help matters, they did not care, all they do in the teachers’ office was to chew bubble gum and gossip. Our teachers brought clothes to school to sell and to buy from each other. No one cared of our failure or success as long as our school fees and other levies were paid.
Julius my newly found friend is an exceptional guy, he has this knack for wanting to succeed in life and I dare say he took life too serious. He had his life planned out; he knew what he wanted to be in future and how to go about achieving it. His father was not in the scheme of things about his future plans. After his secondary education, he was to go for under water wielding and subsequently seek for employment in any of the numerous oil servicing firms in port-Harcourt. He probably would be working off shore which would take him off town intermittently. He planned to be buying portions of land in town whenever he will be on break, Obigbo looked promising as a future area to be populated because port-Harcourt is already over populated. After buying portions of land, he would then begin to develop the lands into properties and before he is forty years old he would be a real estate mogul.
I liked it when I hear him talk, like an adult; he had this confidence of someone who knows where he is going and how to get there.
For me, my future was just in front of my nose, I took every day as it came; I had no worries because I had been spoon fed until lately when the tide changed. Severally, Julius had asked me about my future ambition and I could not give a concrete answer, I had no future ambition, every time he asked, I told him a different thing.
On day after the daily early morning rigorous chores in the house, I got to school at 10:30am; no one questioned lateness in my school and daily roll calls were not even made in the classes. If you like you come! If you like don’t come! That’s what the proprietress says. Just pay my money that’s all, we normally chorus the last statement with her when she goes round the classes chasing out defaulters of school fees payment.
During break session, thirty minutes after I got to school, Julius approached me “Ceece I need to talk to you”
“Hmm?”
“And it is very important”
“Hmm? Okay nah, I am listening”
“I have an eerie feeling towards you”
‘‘How do you mean’’? I asked,
“Are you very sure these people you live with are truly your parents?” He asked, and then he continued.
“Because no reasonable parent would delay their child from coming early to school, no real parents would ordinarily change the school of the child from a private to a public school without having lost their job or financial might, they stooped driving you to school, and they dismissed their house help and replaced her with you!” Their so called Child! Ceece! Shine your eyes! “Something is not right! Have you seen your birth certificate before?” He asked again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Black Butterfly . by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 8:31am On Jun 10, 2023
“No! And why?” I asked
“Look out for it!” “Find it!” “Then go to the hospital and find out if your birth is on record there”.
“Hmm Julius you are getting me scared somehow” “why all these assertions?”
“Because you have to know your stance early; if you are a house girl then so be it!” “And if you are a bonafide member of the family, then so be it! But being in-between is not good! The earlier you know who you are, the better! Butterfly and bird both fly but they are very different! Any butterfly that wants to fly as high as a bird would have its wings torn into pieces, its better she maintained her altitude. Ceece! I am from a poor background but I am very sure that I can never be a poor man! I will work hard and I will cut my coat according to my size. My father made some mistakes which I have learnt from. I will not follow his footsteps, we live in an uncompleted house that has been abandoned by the owner for years now, I don’t even know the owner but we all know someday the owner or the relatives will come and chase us out to either continue to build the house or sell it out rightly to a new owner, when that happens, where do we go? I ask my dad this every time but he has no answer for me. About twelve families live in that incomplete building illegally without paying rent. There is no water there, there is no electricity, no toilet or bathroom but we all survive there. We know we are poor and we don’t deceive ourselves”.
“Ceece you need to know who you are!”
With so much said, he walked away, I began to think.
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

CHAPTER 3
I was in SS2 and just over fifteen years when I summoned the courage to ask my parents questions. By this time my position in the family was unquestionable that of a maid. No show of affection from my mother at all, she sometimes referred to me as “this girl” or she ask “what’s that your name again?” I had withdrawn into my shell, me, a one- time happy girl, I now wear under sized tight clothes or over sized clothes given to me by my mother. No panties was ever bought for me, I degenerated, all I do is work once am in the house. From doing domestic chores to washing of cars in the compound. Once I return from school, work continues, mummy ensured I remained busy by buying a bag full of melon which I peeled every evening after all house chores had been done by me, I don’t use tooth brush anymore, I used chewing stick and my teeth had lost its sheen. I was restricted to the boys’ quarter and nothing is bought and sent there, no tooth paste or soap for bathing, I got my bathing soap from the tablet soap I used for washing the family’s clothes. I had no pomade or cream, it was Julius that bought me a pack of Tiger head razor blade and advised me to go shave my armpits when he could no longer tolerate the odour I oozed.
At fifteen I was fully developed in puberty, my first period started while writing the third term examination, I was stained without knowing, I was experiencing some painful pangs in my stomach while writing the examination, I gave out some farts and thought that was it. A class mate gave me cover with her sweater which I tied round my waist and went home.
I told my mother about my flow and she gave me some old newspapers to use as pad. I told her I had no pant so she went and brought out two abandoned tights of hers and gave to me.
When I got to school the next day, the news had gone round that I saw my monthly period the previous day. Julius laughed and mocked me the way I was walking. “How else would I walk when I had a pad of hard newspaper folded between my thighs”? “Why are you walking like a crab?” He had asked me. I told him I had newspaper in between my legs.
“Newspaper?” He asked laughing, “not even toilet tissue or rag or some unused clothes?” “Why newspaper?”
“That was what mummy gave to me”, I answered.
“Okay o!” “I never heard of such in my life, my sisters use old clothes or tissue papers!” “So did she advise you to stay off men or you will get pregnant?” He asked.
“No o!” “Stay off men like how?” I asked him.
“Didn’t she tell you anything?” He asked looking concerned.
“No!” I snapped. “What?” I asked
“Na wa o!” “Listen let me tell you what my father tells my sisters!”
“Now that you have started menstruating, it means you have started releasing monthly eggs in readiness for pregnancy”.
Pregnancy!? I exclaimed.
“Yes! Don’t you know anything? It means if you have sexual intercourse with a mature male, and he releases his spermatozoa into you while you have eggs roaming in your uterus, you will become pregnant”.
“That is Biology nah”! I said.
“That is reality”. He replied. “Ceece, at this stage of your life, you need a mother figure”. Ceece, there is a lot you need to know now about the real life. About men”!
“But you are also a man nah”. I offered
“Yes Ceece”! Men like me! He said
“What about men”? I asked innocently.
“Ceece! I cannot teach you about men! I am still a boy; get your Dad or mother to tell you about men”.
Re: The Black Butterfly . by AdiscoPele: 7:50am On Jun 11, 2023
Welcome back Doma, great story. I missed your stories so much. More ink to your pen.

1 Like

Re: The Black Butterfly . by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 11:03am On Jun 11, 2023
AdiscoPele:
Welcome back Doma, great story. I missed your stories so much. More ink to your pen.
Thanks Adisco! been a while my brother.
Re: The Black Butterfly . by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 11:09am On Jun 11, 2023
CHAPTER 4

“Daddy! Please tell me about men”!
What? My dad was shocked and taken aback when I asked him the question. I had just finished peeling a bow full of melon and was on my way to the boy’s quarter at quarter past nine o clock at night, Daddy was on the veranda working on his laptop with a glass of whisky.
“What stupid question is that? He further asked, you want to know about men? Are you okay”?
“I am sorry sir”! I apologized and hurried off.

Two nights after, on a Friday, mummy had gone for night vigil. I finished my late night chores as usual and retired into my room. I left daddy at his favourite spot with his Laptop and whisky, it was that night that daddy came into my room and showed me what men can do.
He knocked at my door and I opened with sleepy eyes.
“You are asleep already”? He asked,
“Yes Daddy”!
He entered and closed the door behind him; I had only a wrapper around my body.
“Yeah! You asked me a question some nights ago about men”! He said.
“Okay, yes sir”! “Actually Julius told me that mummy was supposed to tell me things about men now that I have started seeing my monthly menstrual flow”.
“Oh! Have you?” “When did it start?” Daddy asked.
“Last week sir! It started in the examination hall and I was embarrassed. My skirt was stained!”
“So sorry about that! What else did your boyfriend tell you?” He asked
“Ha! Daddy! He is not my boyfriend o!
Then what is he? He asked as he moved closer to me and loosens the knot of the wrapper around my neck. The wrapper dropped and I stood naked before him. My breast pointing with thick hard nipples, I have never been naked before Daddy since I got into puberty.
Let me show you what a man does to a woman” he said as he took my breasts in his hands, the towel he wrapped around his waist dropped, I looked down and gasped at the rigidity and length of him.
Lie down! He said. I obeyed.
He deflowered me that night and gave me some money.
“Take and buy anything you need but don’t let your mummy know about this o!”
I promised. But after he left, I was more confused, is this what Julius had meant? I needed to see Julius and ask him if this was how his father educated his sisters when they started seeing their period. I was just fifteen years old.
I got up and managed to walk, I thought I was not going to be able to walk so I was limping deliberately to ease off the anticipated pain.
‘What’s wrong with you’ dad asked. ‘Why are you limping like a kangaroo’. He teased.

1 Like

Re: The Black Butterfly . by AdiscoPele: 12:42pm On Jun 11, 2023
More pls.
Re: The Black Butterfly . by Vidamia(m): 12:48pm On Jun 11, 2023
She is not their daughter......I hope her friend will able to tell her

1 Like

Re: The Black Butterfly . by AdiscoPele: 6:15pm On Jun 11, 2023
It's glaring she's not their child. If you follow the story from beginning when he said when the mother was pregnant, she left the location and came back with a baby after nine months. Also, the maltreatment started after she's been blessed with a baby boy.

This is a real Nigerian situation. Most of our woman have evil hearts. Why the change? Because you have gotten what you looking for. Will anything affect her if she continues being nice to hhe girl.

1 Like

Re: The Black Butterfly . by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 2:52pm On Jun 13, 2023
I don’t know sir, but my weewee is burning me”. I answered
Okay, go and clean up!
To clean up what sir? I asked
Go and use water to wash your weewee or do you want your undies to be smelling? He asked.
No sir! I carefully went to the bathroom to wash up. That was when I notice the blood. I was scared so I screamed.
I have injured o! Daddy you have injured me!
What is it? He asked as he hurriedly walked into the bathroom
See blood! Daddy, see blood! I showed him my blood-stained hands.
Oh that! Cecee that is normal nah, he said laughing. This is your first time that is why. What I have just done to you is what men do to women to make them complete women. Hmm, so you were a virgin after all? I thought that your stupid school boy friend had broken you already. Don’t worry, you will be fine. Just wash up, clean up and go back to sleep, goodnight’!

He walked out of the room cheerfully humming.
As I lay in my bed that night, I was confused, this could not be what Julius meant when he said I should meet my Mom or dad to tell me about men. My father has just deflowered me. I could not wait for day to break so I could see Julius at school and ask him if this was how his father educated his sisters concerning men.

I went to school two days after. Julius went wild with anger when I narrated my experience to him. Jesus! He has screamed. “How could he possibly do that”? Is he a lunatic?
He shouted. You are like a daughter to that beast nah! Jesus! No! No! No! this is incest! This is an abomination! Some men need to be castrated I swear! I was just staring at Julius as he reacted in anger. We must report this to the Police right away! Let’s go! He pulled my hands and I tagged along like a Sheep.

As we marched side by side briskly towards the Woji estate Police station, Daddy was returning home from work coincidentally. He had seen us from afar so he parked the Car at the entrance of the estate waiting for us to approach.
Cecce! He called out and I jolted out of my delirium. Come here! He barked and you! He pointed at Julius. Two of you come here! He commanded.
We both stood undecided with Julius still holding my hand. I was scared, my heart beat was racing
I am dead o! I am dead o! I cried.
Wicked man! Julius called out. Evil man! How could you do this to a girl that calls you father? Julius asked frantically as he ran towards Dad.
Dad also charged towards us calling out Criminal! Criminal! Have I not warned you to stay away from my daughter? Ceece come here now! Get into the Car right away!

Julius picked up a stone on the floor, Dad also picked up a stick from the suya stall close to the Junction. Both danced around each other cursing and swearing.
Rapist! Rapist! Julius was shouting
Criminal! Cultist! Daddy was shouting
I ran into the car and closed the door. Daddy hurriedly left the scene and zoomed off.
I will kill you today Cecelia! I swear I will kill you! Daddy swore.

Something hard hit the Car, I turned back and saw Julius chasing the Car, he threw another object and it hit the rear wind shield.
Jesus! Cecelia is this the mad boy you and befriending at school? This boy must be a Cultist! he must have smoked igbo this morning!
I am not befriending him Daddy! I begged

Daddy accelerated faster. So you went and told this boy what happened between us? What would have happened if I had not driven by? By the way he was dragging you I knew you people were going to the Police station!
So you were going to report me to the Police Cecelia? After everything I have done for you?
Are you this foolish? You want to disgrace yourself, not me! Do you realize that the DPO at that station is my friend? They will only laugh at you and hand you back to me!
Where is the evidence? What will you tell them? What is your problem? Are you a baby? Did I not give you money?
I was quiet, I was scared and crying.
He kept ranting until we got to the house: he told me to be seated while he went down and opened the gate himself. Immediately he parked the Car, he dragged me out and pulled me into the house. He locked the door from inside, I smelled trouble and before I could be prepared, I received two blinding slaps that sent me reeling through the sitting room , I fell over the two seater chair pulling the chair with me.
You want to report me abi? He asked shouting. I will kill you today. He pulled me up by my arm and dragged me to the three seater chair, he was upon me again, beating, blowing and kicking.
He turned me upside and tore my undies, the only remaining one I had
Daddy please I am sorry! I pleaded. I wont tell anyone again! I swear by my life! Please daddy! I screamed, I cried and I pleaded, but all these fell on deaf ears.
Daddy please! I am sorry!

Don’t call me that! He snapped! Look! Let me tell you the truth today; I am not your real Daddy! I am not your father! He pulled off his trousers. He was an animal on me.
No person was at home. Mummy had gone to oil mill Market while the Kids were in nursery school.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After our first term examination, mummy and my siblings travelled to the village to spend some time. I was home alone with Daddy.
For three weeks I was locked in the house. Daddy locked the door daily as he went to work daily and whenever he came back, he rapes me anywhere in the house.
I began to look forward to his return from work. I began to long for his grunts and thrusts. I love you Cecee! He would scream, I love you daddy! I would scream also as we reached orgasm together.
I was very happy living with Daddy alone in the house. He bought me chocolates and ice cream whenever he came back from work and we had raw sex regularly. He always gave me money which I tucked away in my bag.

I was disappointed when mummy and the Kids returned home. It was unexpected, I was looking forward to another bout of sex with daddy that afternoon as he returned from work only to hear mummy calling out my name as the car packed. I was visibly angry and she notice my disapproving mien.
Come and carry these bags inside! She commanded and why are you frowning? She asked.
Welcome ma! I greeted
Are you okay? She asked
Yes ma!
Then behave like a human being and move your legs! she commanded
I was angry. She was back with her troubles. The peace I had enjoyed for about a month is about to be turned to chaos. The house was becoming mine but now she has come to take my man from me!

As school resumed for the second term, I was glad to be leaving Mummy’s presence for school..
I stopped telling Julius about Daddy.
Daddy came to school one afternoon and called me out, it was not yet closing hour. As I got into his Car, he tossed a nylon bag at me. “change into those clothes” he said. go to the back seat and change.
He drove to a serene Hotel at Akpajo town. He had already made reservations, so we went straight upstairs to our room. I had missed him so much so immediately he locked the door, I was upon him.
The serene Hotel became our new rendezvous until the morning when I had to rush from where I sat eating to the toilet to vomit. I vomited three times that morning and mummy became concerned that I was sick. She gave me some Panadol that morning before leaving late to school as usual.
At school, I was weak and felt drowsy all through class lessons. I vomited twice during lessons and my class teacher advised that I went to see a Doctor. Julius was suspicious; he was the first to ask me if I was pregnant.
What? No nah! I screamed and walked out on him. I avoided him until close of school.
Daddy did not come around so I trekked home. Immediately I got home, I was so tired that I went straight to the BQ and slept off.
When my condition did not improve after three days, mummy had to drive me in her car on Friday morning after Daddy had gone to work to go see the Doctor. After seeing the Doctor, blood samples were taken for test and we sat and waited for the result.
Hell was loosed when the Doctor invited us into his office two hours later to announce that I was eight weeks pregnant.

Chapter 5

You are a bastard! A bastard must always be a bastard! A bastard is like a pig! No matter how well you bath and care for a pig, it must go back into the mud! A pig must return to the dirt!
Those were the words of daddy to me. I warned you! Didn’t I warn you to stay off that stupid boy in your school? Do you remember the day I saw the two of you together and I had to drag you home? The idiot was actually calling me names in the public, he even threatened me! All those insults I took because of you! Daddy was prancing angrily about the sitting room.

Which day was that? Mummy asked which boy are you talking about? She asked
You travelled then my dear! Daddy responded. I warned her! This is what I was warning her against!
So you know who impregnated her then? Mummy asked
Yes I do! I know the criminal! What is that his useless name again? Daddy asked me
Julius! I offered

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Black Butterfly . by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 9:19am On Jun 25, 2023
CHAPTER 7

Four years after……..

A lot of water has passed under the bridge. Four years after I was evicted from the Full moon hotel at Akpajo a lot had happened to me. As I sat on my 6 inches spring bed inside the rented bunk at solo’s hotels along the popular Azikiwe Street at mile 2 Diobu in Port-Harcourt. The hotel faced the main road and passersby easily see us as we go in out of the hotel in skimpy dresses.
Solo’s hotel is a beehive of activities as girls are camped and readily available to offer sex for cash, you could take us out or we take you in. it’s all about cash, be it quickie, short term or TDB, it’s all about cash, be it Mouth Action, touching or just for company, it’s all about cash, just name your style and we are down with whatever. The manager of the joint, Oga Stan ensured that we act and carry ourselves with decorum in front of the customers that come to the open bar to drink and feed their eyes or to drink and take in or take away.
We paid daily, weekly or monthly rent and commission as the case may be. For me I paid monthly because I have lived here now for two full years. I happen to be one of the youngest and most sought after at twenty years of age.
The director and owner of the hotel is a politician and one time local government chairman of Obio-Akpo L.G.A. He has about ten of such brothels all over the city and he seldom visits personally, but we all know him because he brings lot of jobs to us. In fact everyone look forward to the phrase “Na Director Job” from the lips of Oga Stan. Wherever there is a political party gathering of big men in the political circle, our director provide girls for the attendees. We are cautioned and warned to stay off drugs at such times. In fact anyone that is noted to have drunk or smoked Igbo before we take off for such an event is immediately sacked or replaced; we put on our most seductive attires or our most formal attire as the event demands. We all have I.D badges of schools of our choice for me, I am a modest law student at Madona Universtity Okija Campus; I am just a spoilt Child of a retired Shell Petroleum staff, my parents are currently in the U.K while I am schooling, I do runs out the boredom.
So this morning, as I sat in my bed after cleaning up and dressing my bed in readiness for the next customer, the guy that just left is a Jew man. He did not last three minutes, the moment I locked my door and took off all my clothes, he melted, and he was already dripping as he pulled out his tool from his boxers. He was shaking all over as I stood akimbo over him and lit a stick of my favourite cigarette, Marlboro. As I slipped the condom over his tool he was already mourning and I knew he would not last “Bros behave nah” I said, why you dey shake like this nah? You never Bleep before? I asked.
I no know o! I swear you too fine, he said; see as you fresh and everything blend for your body! Na you be the original tomatoes Jos I swear! He said. As I pushed him back on the bed gently and mounted him, in two minutes I had to muffle his noise with my hands.
I never cum like this for my life! He confessed, you be witch! I swear, you be mami water, chai babe you too sweet, next time when I go come here ehn! I go come prepared! He wore his boxers after I removed the condom and threw it in the bowl beneath my bed. Now about the Bowl, No! Later I will talk about that.
You see, I have this effect on men that I cannot explain but I believe it is my youthfulness and my body structure. Once I take off my clothes, they freeze and turn Jelly, you can imagine making out with a man and he begins to scream that he loves me! Shuo ! I am a runs babe! I don’t love. I just smiled and told them the gospel truth, in this racket, we don’t talk about feelings, that died some years ago, it started with my Dad and grew over the years.
I lit up another stick of Marlboro after the guy had left; I turned down the pressure of the wall fan and lay down with the ash tray on my tummy. There was a knock at my door.
“Na who? Show !” I said.
“Ashawo how you dey?” Nkechi entered
“Hey Ashy how far nah?” I greeted.
“Fine my sister, I beg your CD remain?” She asked,
“Yes look inside my drawer there”! I said. “Your own don finish”?
“E remain only one but the guy wey de come na area scatter! The guy thing dey burst condom anyhow!”
I laughed out loud! “You mean am?” “Na who be that?” I asked, “I sabi am?”
“Yes nah! Na Tanibo nah!” That my tall slim guy. The fair one wey de come with government house car sometimes”.
“Okay! That guy! I know am nah! Na that gentle guy thing de crack condoms like that?”
“My dear! The guy na bull o! But I like am sha! You know nah!”
“Ashawo! Ashawo!” No finish my condoms o!” I screamed as she took a pack of gold circle and ran out of the room.
“Thank you! Thank you Ashy”.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I walked out of Full moon hotel at akpajo four years ago, I walked into a new phase in my life. All I had were just my clothes and some books in a “Ghana must go” bag, my clothes were no trendy rather they were undersized and tight, my hair was plated all back and I wore sandals as I trekked the street of Akpajo towards Elelenwon with a bag on my head. I was just blank as I trudged along until I got to the elelewon- trans woji junction just after RSTV. That was when reality began to dawn on me. There was a big bar almost opposite the Rivers State Television premises so I walked back and sat on a spare chair outside the bar. I fell asleep there.
Some girl that was sweeping the floor woke me up,
Good morning I greeted, I was startled,
Good evening! She returned, look outside! Na after five de nack.
After five? I exclaimed; so I have slept that long?.
Oya come de go o! Our madam go soon come, abi na our madam you want see? She asked? No! but the thing be say, I no get where to go, I told her briefly about my pregnancy for my boyfriend and my being driven from home.
“You sure say na those people born you? She asked. How you papa and mama go pursue you from house because you carry belle?”
They no even say make them go see the guy family or report to police, they just drive you commot for house with that? I no believe you joor! She had said. Well, the thing be say our manager go pursue you if he see you here, if na work you want to work that one na different thing but to just sit down here with your bag, e get as e be. Commot your bag make I sweep. She continued with her chores.
They sell food there so I bought a plate of Fufu and native soup and ate at a quarter past eight, I was definitely a nuisance there as customers were coming in to drink and to eat and very chair available was taken coupled with the fact that a “Buy one to get one free” star beer promo was on going. I packed up my bag and started trekking again. I headed to Woji through trans-woji road and by 10pm I was at the uncompleted building where Julius lived. There were so many people most especially kids roaming the compound at liberty street, no electricity but candles and lanterns were used by women selling petty provisions along the road in front of the uncompleted building, I dropped my bag by a young lady roasting plantain and fish
Good evening ma! I greeted
“Why you dey call me ma? Na me born you?” She challenged
“No vex Aunty! I beg I fit sit down here small?” I asked
“Who you be nah? You wan buy something abi you miss road?” She asked.
“Yes! I want to buy plantain and fish, I fit sit down here chop am?” I asked
Ehen! Na now you come dey talk nah. How much own?
One hundred and fifty naira, I said; Plantain one hundred and fifty naira fish. “I beg where I go get pure water?”
“ No worry! I dey sell am!” Na water dey inside that small cooler there.”
As I ate, we got talking and after several curious questions from her, I told her I am pregnant for my school boyfriend and my parent sent me packing.
Shuo! So you get belle as you dey so?
Yes Aunty.
“So na wetin you go come do now?” She asked.
“I no know, I dey confused”, I replied.
“what of that your school boyfriend? You don tell am?”
“No! I never tell am”
“Go tell am nah! At least make him know maybe him people go accept you!”
That is why I am here Aunty! I am looking for Julius, Juluis Odeh, his father works as security.
Shut up your mouth! She snapped. “You dey kolo abi you dey craze?” Which Julius Odeh? My younger brother?
Julius! Julius! She screamed.
Julius came running down with a flash light and a knife in his hands.
Aunty! Na wetin? He asked panting and glancing around for trouble.
“Look this thing well well!” She said pointing at me.
Oh! Ceece! Julius came forward and gave me a hug beaming from ear to ear!
Jesus o! Jesus o! Na true o! The lady shouted running towards the uncompleted building while people came running towards her from every angle.
“Julius don go give girl belle for school o!” she raised her voice above the sound of “I pass my neighbour” generators running everywhere in the neighborhood.
“We never chop belle full! We no get mother to support us! Na garri we dey drink every morning and Julius go give him class girl belle!” Julius! Julius! Papa! Papa!
It was like a dream, how was I to know that this lady was in anyway related to Julius? Poor Julius.
He pulled me away from the emerging crowd and we ran away leaving my “Ghanna must go” I followed him through some dark alleys and cranny’s before he stopped, we were both panting- Ceece what is the meaning of all these? What is happening? Are your really pregnant?
I nodded my head
Re: The Black Butterfly . by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 1:25pm On Jun 28, 2023
Jesus Christ! Your father abi? He asked

Yes! I replied, I used fifteen minutes and narrated all that had transpired to him. “Now I am homeless”. I concluded.

Julius and I hid from the family for four days, he said he had to make himself scarce from his family to the extent that they would be worried and begin to look for him being the only son of the father. We were sleeping and eating in his friends Batcha, he missed going to school and this got his family the more worried because he does not take his studies for granted.

On the fifth day one of his friends as planned went to reveal our hide out to the family and in the morning we were woken up at 5:30am by Julius’s Papa and siblings, we all went home and lived happily until I put to birth.

I had my baby boy at Saint Nicholas Hospital at 17 years and after weaning him exclusively for six full months I left him and fled. I name him Julius.
Julius had written his SSCE examination, he had started his underwater welding apprenticeship at trans Amadi.

The over one year I spent in the house of Julius were one of the best in my life, they had nothing but I lacked nothing because I was shown so much love. The day Papa Julius knew that I was going to have a baby boy, he was over whelmed that he bought Ice Cream for me, his sisters were wonderful, when I was fully settled in the family, I gave Aunty Gift twenty thousand Naira from my saved up money to add to her business. Everyone in the house went down to assist Aunty Gift at her stall on the road. It was a poor but contended happy family. When I put to birth and people started referring to me as Mama Julius or Mama Junior, I felt very uncomfortable. The money realized during the child dedication celebration was over forty thousand naira; I gave it all to Papa to sort out the family problems. I was loved in that family to say the least, the whole neighborhood even though in poverty, they revel in love and contentment.

A household could quarrel with another over a minor issue as not lending salt to their mother while cooking or not lending a cube of knor cube.
But in the evening you see the whole neighbourhood laughing together and telling stories under the moon light. I collected Papa’s access bank account number from Julius that someone wanted to send me money and I don’t have a bank account
The Ogbonna's family had tried to meet with my family but each time they were forced back having met with Dad’s arrogance and anger.
I had my mind made up! I had thought it over and over secretly all through my weaning period. Now I need to move and take charge of my life. I know the Ogbonna’s family are managing to survive and as such I needn’t bother them too much after what they have done for me.

Severally I had gone to my former house and made sure my Dad and mom saw me in my pregnant state. Dad puckers his mouth and faces his front pretending he never saw me while mummy would place her hands over her breast and stare at me shaking her head. I walked past and stare at them but in my heart I was in pains. I was so pained because of what they did to me, even as I now write my story.

I was at the front of the house one day and it began to rain. Our neighbor drove by and opened his gate on his return from a meeting, it was a Saturday.
Madam Cecelia! Longtime no see! How are you? She greeted.
I am fine ma! I replied
She is Mrs. Kachikwu, they have been our neighbour since my childhood.
It is raining Ceece, please come inside.
I went inside their compound drenched in rain water.
“Ceece why are you like this?” Madam asked. “What is happening?” “You have been scarce and once in a while you come around and just stare and leave”. “Today you are here staring and in the rain, your parents did not attend to you, what is the matter?” “And your pregnancy!” “What happened?” “How did you get yourself pregnant at your age?” “You used to be a very brilliant kid!”
I sat down breathing hard unable to talk.
She went in and came out with a towel and a piece of clothe
“Here! Take this, dry up and wear this gown!” She offered
She lives alone in the house, her children are all in boarding houses and the husband was not at home.
I pulled off my drenched clothes and dried my body with the towel, before wearing the gown she offered me, she hurriedly prepared a cup of hot tea and offered me then she set up the pressing table and plugged the electronic iron to help dry my dress. I got up and collected the iron from her.
“Have you eaten?” She asked
“Yes ma!” I replied
“But that won’t stop you from eating more here”. She insisted
I knew better than argue with her.
I pressed my dress dry while sipping the tea and by the time I was done two hot plates of Jollof rice was steaming on the glass dining table.
As we sat opposite each other on the table eating I was trying unsuccessfully to avoid here eyes. The food was so tasty, she is a wonderful cook and I could not remember the last time I tasted something so delicious. I had gotten used the taste of the concoction we prepared at the Odeh’s. Meat or eggs was an essential commodity but we shared and lived with love. When either papa or aunty could afford meat or fish, we all ate and when they couldn’t we ate without. Anyhow na make belle full!
“So what went wrong? How did it all happen?”
I was taken aback by her question.
Mummy, it is long story, everything was fine in the house until my younger ones started coming, as I was talking she raised her palm up and gestured that I stopped.
Re: The Black Butterfly . by AdiscoPele: 3:57pm On Jun 28, 2023
Pls,@DOMA, the suspense is damn too much. Do Sallah and drop more updates.
Thanks in advance
Re: The Black Butterfly . by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 1:52pm On Jun 29, 2023
“I know about all that, what I mean is the pregnancy” she asked
“You knew ma? I asked! You knew Dad and mom changed towards me after the birth of Prince?”
“Yes I know, I was sad though but not surprised, I never expected Mr. Hart and his wife to be so callous and inhuman to you after they started having their own biological children.”
Biological Children? I asked; “is it really true that I am not their biological child? I asked fearing the truth”.
She shook her head sadly
No! “You are not! You should have known that by now nah!” She offered.
I lost my appetite that moment although I was very full having eaten all of the Jollof rice except the meat, I normally saved the meat for the last and fried goat meat or Jollof rice is one thing not to be missed.
I later thanked Mrs. Kachi for tying up some pieces of fried goat meat in water proof nylon as I left the house in the evening.
“Mr. and Mrs. Hart and my family were friends, we used to be very close until you were brought home, buying children from Aba is a very common practice amongst women with child bearing delay here in Port Harcourt there are many homes in Aba were pregnant girls are kept and nursed until delivery and the child is bought from them for as low as eighty thousand to two hundred naira depending on the bargaining power and the sex of the child, twins go for as high as half a million naira if they are boys and three hundred thousand if they are girls, it is an open secret here in PH and the children grow up without knowing who their real parents are. The real mother having been made to vow not to make trouble in the future as she is paid off. I asked her many questions most of which she could not answer. Only Mr. and Mrs. Hart can answer that! She would say. They bought you, not me.
Eventually she asked, “Is it Mr. Hart that impregnated you?”
“Yes ma! He is the one”.
She breathed heavily, “we know! My husband and I know. The day he brought you from school in anger screaming and beating you, I suspected something like this could happen, I was on the balcony upstairs looking at your compound and eaves dropping. He dragged you upstairs. I wanted to call the police but I stopped hearing your scream and later everything became suddenly calm, so unreal, there was still supposed to be intermittent beaten or yelling but all went quiet suddenly. And afterwards you stopped going out. The wife and kids had travelled and you were alone in the house with him I told my husband my fears and he advised that we mind our business, after all you did not cry to us for help. The next thing we heard was that you were pregnant and had been sent packing. Packing to where? My husband has asked Mr. Hart when they met at a pub and my husband asked about you. He said a bastard is a bastard! He said you carelessly got yourself pregnant by your class mate and should be with his family.
“But she is your daughter nah!” My husband told him.
Whose daughter? He asked my husband; pikin wey I buy from Aba? Pikin wey I want help but she no want help herself? I beg! I beg! Leave that story I beg! That was how he dismissed the discussion with my husband.
Then I took hold of Mrs. Kachi’s hand and knelt down. I cried as I talked, I have not really cried since my life started taking the down side but today the reality of what I am hit me real hard.
I was an object purchased, used and dumped, I wept bitterly. Why did this family buy me? Who was my mother? Why did she sell me? How can I survive in this world without a family? How is this possible? Where am I from? I talked as madam Kachi tried to pacify me. She allowed me to cry myself to sleep on her couch.
It was the voice of Mr. Kachi that woke me up at after 6pm. After advising and counseling me, the couple gave me the sum of ten thousand Naira and they drove me to liberty street, As I came down and thanked them, Mrs. Kachi handed me the Nylon bag, let us know if you need anything they said.
That night I told Julius my real story. I cried some more and he was there for me, in the early hours of the day I was cold so I move closer to Julius and pulled him closer to cuddle me. He did, he covered me properly with his sister’s wrapper we use as cover clothes and I pulled him closer. I wanted him but I was afraid to let him know. Daily my urge for sex with Julius grew, the need for intercourse by a pregnant woman as prescribed in the antenatal session I attended at Saint Nicholas didn’t help matter.
I had no choice but to tell Julius that I wanted him, he has done a lot for me and I naturally felt indebted to him but Julius declined, he told me he could not sleep with me under the same roof with his father when we are not married. “But they all see me as your wife! I insisted”.
“But you and I know you are not”. He countered.
Listen Julius! This baby I am carrying is yours! I dash you! His name shall be Julius Ogbonna Junior if he is a boy and Julian if he is a girl. The child is yours! “Julius I love you said I want you,” I confessed.
Julius did everything but sex with me, I made him touch me and play with me until I came. I even suggested that we went to a hotel and be together but he declined.
“Are you a virgin”? I once asked him.
No! He replied
“So you have a girlfriend”? I asked.
It’s very difficult to grow up as a virgin in this ghetto neighborhood. He said, can’t you see? So many children and teenagers around and so many dark alleys and lungu’s in the area.
“Then do me nah!” I begged.
Then he told me something that made me allow him;
Ceece! “No be say I no like to sleep with you, but my father once said it is taboo to sleep with a woman pregnant for another man! It spells doom! Such a man can never be prosperous in life”.
Ha! With that I let him be, but we got entangled and we touched when we have the opportunity.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………
My son is a replica of me, but somehow for some inexplicable reasons he also looks like Julius.
“Na him Papa he resemble but he carry him mama eyes and nose”. They would say, I am light complexioned and so is the baby, though many said he would grow darker with time
“Chai! Julius na you get this pikin true true! Pap Julius once said, see as the baby resemble Julius he be like say Julius just vomit the pikin for ground yakata!” Every reason to justify Julius as the baby’s father was welcomed to me.
The house was becoming boring as Julius had started learning his long desired skill. He goes in the morning and returns at night, sometimes he travelled out with his boss where they have a job on the rig, he had started learning to swim and his safety consciousness and awareness increased. We were all shocked when he brought in a fire extinguisher home one day and hung it on the wall in the living room. It was papa that removed it and hung it on the wall of the place we use as kitchen. Another day he brought home a first aid box and placed on the refrigerator papa removed it and later told everyone that the first was in the cabinet in the sitting room, we occupied two rooms and a makeover kitchen. no toilet, no bathroom, I began to devise a plan to move out and start all over, in any way I have nothing to lose. I felt like chaff in the wind, I was being swept by the wind of chance, if anything happened to me, who would miss me? How could my life be so insignificant? It is people like me they call “Born throway” I am a Bastard! No father, no mother, no siblings! A beast of no nation! I hated myself, I hated the woman who brought me into this world and sold me, I hate those who purchased me when they needed a child and threw me away after damaging me because they eventually got their biological children. I was full of shit. I became edgy and withdrawn even my son got a share of my mood and he started avoiding me, because I spanked him at the slightest provocation. He would rather crawl to Aunty Gift or papa.
On one occasion, Junior had crawl out of nowhere soaked in palm oil. I had just finished bathing and dressing him some ten minutes before I had to run to the bush along the road to drop some shit. I guess he was looking for someone and in the quest he entered the kitchen, I was furious and I spanked him severally with slippers, that was when Julius entered having being away for three days, he was shocked at the level of anger I emitted.
“Is that not too much, he asked; he is a mere innocent child; what does he know?” He asked.
I poured out my mind, I said things, I was not supposed to say to the consternation of Julius.
“Me too what do I know?” “Am I supposed to be a mother by now? “Am I not supposed to be preparing to enter the university now?” “Look at you! You are living your dream exactly how you planned it years ago!” “Look at me! Look at me Julius! Is this life? Who am I? I don’t know! No Papa! No mama! I be born throway! Na life be dis? See me nah! Why I no go vex? I dey vex with Junior! I dey Vex with everything in this world! I want to die self! I want to die let this entire bad luck pass!” I sat on the bare floor crying.
After speaking and saying things over and over, Julius came to me and held me close. “It’s okay Ceece! It’s okay! I am sorry! I didn’t see this coming, but you are not born throway please! You have a home here, can you remember years ago when I asked you what you would be when you grow up?”
I nodded
“Have you thought of anything?” He asked?
No! I said;” so many things happened and they happened fast that I have not given it a thought”, I said.
Now is the time! Now is the time to move on!
I did not even write my SSCE! I said.
You can rewrite it! You are smart! You were the best in class then remember?
And what happens before and after I write the SSCE? I asked.
Stop being a pessimist! Just take a step at a time, every chip will fall into place.
“Julius, the only ambition on my mind now is to kill Mr. and Mrs. Hart and then go and jump into that river at Obigbo”.
Jesus! Julius exclaimed; “you are taking this too far o! Ceece you want to kill person and then commit suicide?”
Listen let me tell you Ceece, your case is not the worse o! There are many like you and there are many in worse situation! Look at us! Look at where we live! This is worse than a ghetto. To worsen our case, we are surrounded by rich landlords and tenants working in oil companies and Banks; see exotic cars everywhere around us! We live in penury in the midst of plenty. The parent of those of us who live here work as gatemen for our rich neighbors! But in all of this some of us remain grateful as we all attend the same church to worship one God, even when the rich give one thousand naira into the offering box; we give twenty of fifty naira as God has blessed us. When the rich pay tithe in thousands we pay in tens! In the presence of God there is no discrimination it is our heart that matters but in the midst of this I resolve to make a difference, I had my life planned out and am very positive that I will be somebody someday! Ceece! You can be somebody someday! For the sake of your son! Our love for you! You have a family now, your son, our son; you have the responsibility to carter and provide for our son. I believe in Karma! It is the law of retributive justice. Just channel all your hate and bitterness into something positive. I know you, you have a good heart but you grew up too fast that you missed a lot and those who should have taught you about life took undue advantage of you but it’s not too late my dear wife.
I smiled; I like when he referred to me as his wife.
Oya smile for Daddy now.
I beat him gently on the chest, as I felt relieved. It was that night that I made up my mind to go into the world and hustle. If I die in the process, so be it, no one but Julius and Junior would miss me. I was done being a burden to people. Like the bird, I choose to be free and seek for my own. That same night I gave myself a new surname Ekwe! The name of the kite so I am the daughter of Ekwe- Cecelia Nwaekwe.

2 Likes

Re: The Black Butterfly . by AdiscoPele: 6:31pm On Jun 29, 2023
Thank you sooo much for the update. More ink to your pen. Barka Da Sallah. Odun a yabo

1 Like

Re: The Black Butterfly . by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 9:12pm On Jul 08, 2023
It's not easy writing a story and after 15 posts only one person has commented. Yet view is over 600.
It simply means the story is wack. I drop my pen here
Re: The Black Butterfly . by AryEmber(f): 3:54pm On Jul 10, 2023
DOMAWOLEYE:
It's not easy writing a story and after 15 posts only one person has commented. Yet view is over 600.
It simply means the story is wack. I drop my pen here
Dear writer, I actually just started reading your nice work and while my one comment might not be enough, I really wish you would continue. I empathize with you on the lack of encouragement, please dont quit

1 Like

Re: The Black Butterfly . by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 4:05pm On Jul 15, 2023
https://dasabooks.net/

For more of my stories visit dasabooks.net.
Writers can also upload their books for sale.
Re: The Black Butterfly . by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 7:54pm On Jul 15, 2023
The first place I went to with my travel bag was Saint Mary’s Catholic Church, Iwofe. I slept in the grotto of our mother virgin Mary for two weeks before the catechist chased me away. I go out very early in the morning to look for work in beer parlours and restaurants, they all wanted to employ me but the amount they were offering to pay as salary was too small. N5, 000 monthly and I was entitled to a meal without meat daily and no place to sleep. I still had some money with me so was I hoping for a better offer. But before I leave the church daily, I swept the entire environment in company of the women that came for such voluntary service to the church.
I shooed off the Catechist that night as he followed me in the grotto with promise of money and other gifts. He wanted to take advantage of me in the presence of the statue of our mother, there was no light in the premises that night and everywhere was dark. As I lay at a corner covered in my sweater with my travelling bag as pillow.
“I go shout o! I know your voice o! I go shout o!” I was raising my voice and he left me and ran away. I could not sleep any longer. I took my bag and I walked out of the church that late night. I started trekking down Iwofe road, when I got to the bus station opposite the college of education, I sat down to rest. That was where I slept until dawn.
I got up hungry so I started walking along the road looking for food until I saw a woman that sells akara and fried yam, I sat on the bench by her side and bought a hundred naira combo of yam and akara with pepper source, it was steaming hot and tasty that I had to buy another round.
You be new student? The seller asked me as she handed me the bottle of Pepsi that she also sells, yes ma!
‘Eeyah welcome! You don get house’? She asked.
“No ma! I just dey come now”, I replied.
“Na him be say you get luck o! E get one girl wey dey look for roommate to share the house rent with”.
Ehen? Na how much? I asked.
“Her rent nah five thousand monthly and she go pay for one year, no be sixty thousand be that?” She asked.
Yes ma! Na sixty.
“Ehen! So get thirty and she get thirty, the thing don balance be that, una still find another person to join una, una go share am twenty-twenty thousand. You dey interested?” She asked.
I did a mental calculation; I really need an accommodation, “Yes ma! I gree ma, thank you so much ma”.
“Oya take the girl number, call her or you give me your number to give her”.
“Ha! I no get phone o! My old phone don spoil”.
So she gave me Gloria’s Number.
I stayed with Gloria and Susan for almost a year fooling myself that I was student of C.O.E studying physical and health education. I forged an ID badge and attended classes. I even wrote Assignment and test and during the first two semester’s examination, I left the room like my roommate but instead of going for exam I went into town to roam. Having paid for a year rent, I was covered as per accommodation. Gloria’s parent reside in Port Harcourt and the mother sells foodstuff at mile 1 market so foodstuff was surplus in the house and she was very generous. The school was just after the Iwofe main road and was trek able, so I was managing my lean resource and deceiving myself. I really wished I was a legitimate student at some points but I had no SSCE result.
Gloria also allowed me to wear her cloths. Most of the cloths I came with were old school having collected them from Aunty Gift.
Now Sussan my other roommate was the robin hood of the house that introduced me to hustling, she was very extravagant and carefree, she could be rich today and be very broke the nest day, she would borrow two thousand naira from Gloria and the nest day she would give Gloria Twenty thousand naira to keep for her after paying off her debts. I liked her style and she invited me to a night club for the first time in my miserable false life.
It was lady’s night at G’s Barracuda inside new GRA; she gave me what to wear after we left the house on the guise of going to school to read. When we got to the club, we sat at the open bar and bought some drinks while watching musical videos on the screen. The night life in GRA was alien to me, I was surprised at the human traffic that took place that night.
Exotic cars were coming in while some were going out of the parking lot. The Aboki that sells Suya at the Suya spot was over whelmed as the club was busy, the shawama stall was also a agog with customers, the Bar where we sat was packed full with young people of both sex drinking and smoking, I was looking around and admiring the aesthetic of the joint, The multi colored flashing lights, the cool music, the air conditioner made the room feel like heaven on earth, I looked at faces of customers smiling and laughing, some whispering and necking, I smelled freedom and happiness, the type that had eluded me all along. I took a deep breath.
Na wetin Ceecce? Suzzy brought me back; why you dey breathe like that? You like here? She asked
“Hmm Suzzy! I am fine! I was lost in thought, the euphoria and ambience of this place has overwhelmed me”.
“This Place? She looked around with indifference. You never see anything! Na Baracuda you dey and you dey shake. What of if you go Cassablanca, Cheers bar of Hotel Royale? No worry we go go round before day break you go faint!”
At 12 PM I was feeling Drowsy but Suzzy tapped me awake and stood up. I followed her into the convenience room and there we changed into our night dress and made our faces up, we wore high heeled shoes and bum short and went to the club hall, the sound of music that hit me when the door opened and we were ushered in by a Barrel chested bouncer, sent chills down my spine. We kept our day clothes inside a bag that was kept in the custody of the bouncers outside the club hall.
Suzzy opened her little purse and brought out a pack of Cigarette.
Marlboro is my brand, because it is unique and not common, she said and I brought out a stick and was staring at it when suzzy collected it from me and handed me her already lit stick. “You don smoke before”? She asked?
No! I replied- we wore wigs and sunshades.
“Oya just hold this one, dey form hard babe, if you feel like to smoke am like I dey do don’t pull or drag hard O! Just dey puff am small small if not you go start to dey cough like learner, you don fall hand be that o!”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My weekends began on Wednesday. Ladies night start on Wednesday through Saturday, I became a regular face at the entire night club, and unlike Suzzy that has several names for her clients, I stuck to my original name Cecelia or Ceece. I started to drink and smoke regularly and within three months, highness became my thing, I needed to be high before going to bed. That is if I am not in the club. I know the entire joint where Igbo was sold both at school and in town.
I loved to mix it with beans when I cooked; even Gloria that was our madam loved my beans, only if she knew what she was eating. She sleeps off happily whenever she ate the beans that I cooked, Suzzy was my ally
I knew I could not continue to live as a false student, I decided to move on at the expiry of my rent.
I was making reasonable money form runs, I had lost count of the number of men I had slept with. At least every other night that I went to club, I went home with a guy, Old man or young guy, ugly or handsome, tall or short, six packs or pot belle, it’s all about cash, I prefer the white men at the club, these guys pay in Dollars and they don’t pound you as if their life depends on it but our Nigeria guys especially the young and adventurous , Oh my! They will pound you breathless and at the end of the day they pay you the exact fee, no transport fare. Some days are good and some bad. But I was equal to the task. Anyhow you want am I dey! I would say. As long as I have had enough wraps of Indian hemp, no wahala, single, twosome or party, dem dey pay? No wahala. There are pockets of brothels, all are in Port Harcourt city, these brothels camp girl and men go there for short time sex or take away as the case may be, police do not disturb at such brothels because the owners have settled and no one would come to preach to you here.
So on the last night in December after returning from cross over service at Saint Mary’s, I called my roommates and thanked them for all their assistance, I then told them the story of my life that day, they were shocked especially Gloria, she cried, I cried too, they encouraged me to stay back and organize my SSCE result so I could gain a legitimate admission but my mind was made. Clubbing, dancing and runs were the careers I had chosen and these courses were not offered at C.O.E but at the Clubs in G.R.A, in the real world.
I am twenty years old and beautiful, I stand at five feet 10 inches with great natural curves; not fat, not slim, just the way an African woman should be, I recently boosted my looks by getting a gap between my upper incisors, at a dental clinic in Diobu.
My first few months at Solo’s brothel were hectic, everyman wanted me, after showcasing my body in daylight by walking outside in pants and bra or bum short and braless singlet’s, I then bath and get ready for the guys at night, they come and wait in queue for me to the envy of all other Ashawo’s in the brothel, it was crazy that some of the guys even quarrel and fight over me.
It was Oga Stan that told the guys that it is not Jazz that I am using, it is just that I am new. One of my client once told me “Them say you dey use JUJU that is why all the guys dey find you” look if na JUJU I beg give me make I chop am” I no mind, if I dey with my wife now sef ehn! Na so I go just close my eys and imagine say I dey see you body then my thing go raise, if not, nothing for her o! No be Juju you dey use Ceece! The thing be say, you sabi do the thing, the way wey you whine your waist and the kind noise wey you dey give dey scatter my head. Look Ceece! The day wey I go die ehn? Na on top your body I want to die”.
“Taah! Tufiakwa! No be on top my body you go die I beg!” We laughed it off but for a fact, I know how to handle a man in bed. I was far too experienced for my age and my youthfulness and beauty were an added advantage.
Julius my son is four years old and already in primary one. I sent money to papa’s account regularly, I send him enough to cater for the family, I have his account number. Junior attends a private primary school and that was what I wanted. Papa was using the money well.
Julius Ogbonna is studying petro- chemical Engineering at the University of Port Harcourt; he left his family and now resides at NTA road. He also works with an oil servicing company, He is living his dream. Me I am living my life, I had no dream, I am a bastard of no consequence. I owe no one, I actually paid papa Julius a surprise visit at his duty beat at Genesis fast food, he had a lot to say but I was determined not to waste time with him, he confirmed he receives my deposits into his account, he told me Aunty Gift just married and Julius was working. He requested for my phone number but I wrote it down for him and mixed up the digit, I just wanted him to know I was alive and doing fine, I told him I was studying physical education at college of Education Iwofe, I showed him my ID badge and he was relieved that I was okay. I gave him some money and clothes for everyone in the house.
I got up from my bed and really felt like smoking Igbo, I needed a high desperately, the Marlboro was not helping and the brothel forbid us from smoking Indian hemp in the premises so I went to Nkechi’s room to collect some Igbo to chew, her door was locked, The music was loud, her guy was at work, so I decided to walk down the lobby, I was half way through when I passed Ibinabo’s room, I saw her dropping a bottle of syrup she just drank from, she has a stick of Benson and Hodges smoking between her fingers, I entered her room; “Babe you get Kuma for here? I want to chew. I beg I need to high small, evening don reach and my customers don dey fall in”.
She took another swoop on the syrup bottle and down all the content. “Shuo! No be cough syrup be that? I asked. The thing no get dosage?”
She laughed out loud and puffed out thick smoke from her mouth.
“You get cough and you still dey smoke?” I asked.
“You want to high?” She asked me
“Yes nah! That na why I dey here! I replied.
“Okay nah!” She said and opened her side drawer to reveal more bottles of the syrup, she brought out a bottle of the syrup and handed it to me.
“you dey hear of codeine before?” She asked.
I looked at the label on the bottle it is codeine cough syrup. “Wetin concern this with Kuma wey I dey ask you for?”
“Ceece drink am fininsh! This one pass Igbo!”
“Cough syrup?” I asked.
“Meanwhile na sell I dey sell am o! no be for free.” she said.
“Babe I no understand o!” I said as I opened the bottle and began to sip the sweet content. While I was at it, some fellow Ashys came in and gave IB money to collect some of the syrup.
“Shuo, it’s like na only me no sabi this level o!” I drank half of the bottle and closed the cork.
“I dey fear” I said; e get how my head dey do me.
“Finish the bottle Ceece! You dey fear? Nothing go do you!” IB said.
I shook my head to clear my eyes. I was seeing IB but she looked funny to me, as she spoke and laughed she looked like a fox or wolf smoking, her eyes became dots and her teeth became too many in her mouth and when she pulled out smoke from her cigarette it was like a fox smoking, imagine a fox smoking, I laughed, and as I laughed, she laughed louder making her look like many foxes laughing, I could not control my laughter so I left her room but as I stepped onto the corridor, the passage became too narrow that I had to move very close to the wall to allow others pass. It was strange, everyone that passed looked funny and I laughed at them. They looked like small foxes scurrying about, I went into my room by leaning on the wall for support, I lit up a stick of Marlboro and took a very long drag, the feeling was out of the world, I took out the remaining syrup and gulped everything down, I smoked some more stick and I was on the roof top, I was feeling so light on my feet, my clothes were suddenly too tight and the room too hot so I pulled off all my clothes and was going outside to the open street, that is all I could remember, but when I woke up the next day everyone has a version of my escape that I do not know which to believe. However I became a regular at IB’s. The syrup was not even available at the chemist or pharmacy shops in town and IB would not disclose her source of supply but she had many of us hooked on codeine syrup. At least I took a bottle daily, to augment the Igbo. I was always high twenty four hours, I was always happy.
On Saturday we would go to Elechi beach and wash our cloths in the flowing water. That was another adventure we looked forward to. The smoking of igbo at water side is free, after washing our clothes, we spread them on the grass to dry while we then indulge in drinking and smoking spree. Assorted mixture of local gin with roots are available for everyone.
The water side bad boys, the mile one bad boys, dismissed and serving law enforcement officers are all present. Here there is no law, it is called kalakuta.
Re: The Black Butterfly . by AryEmber(f): 8:14pm On Jul 18, 2023
What a sad life! Thanks for the update Domawoleye

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Uncliched; A Short Story (please Critique)! / Paths Of A Story / [story] I Called It R.*.p.e (rated 18+)… Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 211
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.