Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,932 members, 7,814,166 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Only The Ignorant Calls Igbos Bigots. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Only The Ignorant Calls Igbos Bigots. (162 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only The Ignorant Calls Igbos Bigots. by TokunboCarsOnly: 7:57pm On Jun 07, 2023
How my SW brethren regard the Igbos as bigots baffles me and I don't know how many other people who feel same way. You are dead wrong if I can sojourn to a strange land, settle there, marry and bear children, own business or even buy a landed property yet you call me tribal bigot.

In Nigeria today, the most travelled tribe is the Igbos, next is the North and then the SS. Despite this known fact Igbos are regarded as bigot. That position is laughable because it is not true and does not reflect the reality on ground. If you are sincere to yourself, you can't visit Ladipo, Alaba and many other Igbo market in Lagos and then turn around to call the Igbos tribal bigot.

Politically, Just yesterday, I read a post of how Igbos have voted since democracy started in 1999. In that post, it was clear the Igbos have always voted people of other region against their own. The post clearly showed that in 1999, Igbos voted Obasanjo, 2007, Yara'adua, 2010, Jonathan, 2015, Atiku, for the first, in 2023 the Igbos decided to vote a more competent Obi yet they are regarded as bigots.

The real bigots are those who hardly travel to other regions. The real bigots are those who don't think travelling to other Nigerian region is worth a while and is part of education except it is London. The true bigots are those who by default do not have it in them to buy land and build in other people's region except it's their own region. The real bigots are those who use threat to scare away other Nigerians during election. The main bigots are those who don't think their own son who is a true lagosian should become governor because his mother and wife are Igbos but allows a man from Osun and other SW states to be their governor.

You can spill all you can, you can also distorts facts for all I care, the Igbos are the real Nigerians. It takes courage, faith and love to sojourn to strange lands and excel there. I wonder why other countries of the world don't have issues with Igbos rather gives them economic and political opportunities but only in Nigeria are they treated with hate, contempt and disdain.

These elements should be told that an old adage says, any village you go to and you don't find an Igbo man there, run because their is nothing profitable about that place. How on earth can anyone make false statement against the blessed Igbos if not for hate and jealousy.

Recently, I found out that the reason Igbos are hated especially in the SW is because of their penchant for success. It is a fact that our brothers in the SW will love the Igbos if they can become like Aboki who comes to Lagos as fruit seller, shoe shiner or a security man, stay in Lagos for fifty years and return Gombe or Kebbi the same way he came. Unfortunately for these elements, the Igbos are very developmental and progressive people.

Place an Igbo boy under bridge of Oshodi with no penny and watch him own a small provision shop in the next two years. That's who they are. God made them that way and no amount of hate can change it. Rather than suffocate yourself, get a life, work harder to overtake them else just keep shut forever.

1 Like

Re: Only The Ignorant Calls Igbos Bigots. by duro4chang(m): 7:58pm On Jun 07, 2023
Always playing victim mentality

2 Likes

Re: Only The Ignorant Calls Igbos Bigots. by solmusdesigns: 8:01pm On Jun 07, 2023
grin

Foolish swine wants to gaslight people

Igbos this Igbos that, Igbos this and that

Igbos travel than other region (no proof)

Igbos sujourn strange land and succeed ( So who failed in strange land)

Igbos marry other region (which tribe doesn't)

Yoruba hate Igbos because they are successful and love Aboki because they are shoe shiners ( I guess Dangote is aboki shoe shiners)

Obi 3rd class Philosophy graduate is more competent (others with better degree are not)

Ladipo and Alaba are suddenly Ibo market ( others don't exist there)

They don't vote LP Guber candidate in Lagos ( the are bigot)

Dude you are a damn tribal bigot, your fellow Ibo must be ashamed of you if they are not bigots too

a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic towards a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

How won't this Oloriburuku be avoided... You come on a platform created by a Yoruba man freely for all, degrade Yoruba , Degrade Hausa

4 Likes

Re: Only The Ignorant Calls Igbos Bigots. by thesolutions(m): 8:05pm On Jun 07, 2023
You definitely not from south west because most traveled region after SE is SW. North is not even third even as a whole.
Re: Only The Ignorant Calls Igbos Bigots. by tommy589(m): 8:51pm On Jun 07, 2023
thesolutions:
You definitely not from south west because most traveled region after SE is SW. North is not even third even as a whole.

The SE are now the migrant traders.But before the civil war it was SW and Hausa/Fulani.

In obuasi and other gold mining towns you will still find people that never visited Nigeria before speaking Yoruba or Hausa.
Visit Late Houphouet Boigny ivory coast,not a strange sight seeing Yoruba (tribal marks) working as government officials.
Long years of trading and assimilation led to this
Re: Only The Ignorant Calls Igbos Bigots. by thesolutions(m): 9:25pm On Jun 07, 2023
tommy589:

The SE are now the migrant traders.But before the civil war it was SW and Hausa/Fulani.

In obuasi and other gold mining towns you will still find people that never visited Nigeria before speaking Yoruba or Hausa.
Visit Late Houphouet Boigny ivory coast,not a strange sight seeing Yoruba (tribal marks) working as government officials.
Long years of trading and assimilation led to this
Nomads and traveling are two different cases. But by current Available statistics, SW trails SE.
Re: Only The Ignorant Calls Igbos Bigots. by tommy589(m): 9:38pm On Jun 07, 2023
thesolutions:
Nomads and traveling are two different cases. But by current Available statistics, SW trails SE.

No doubt about SE. But who are the nomads if I may ask

(1) (Reply)

Sneaky Landlord And Caretaker / Professional Video Editor Available / TO Let:-room Self Contaim(decent) *@ Ilupeju - Palmgrove, Lagos (#250k)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.