Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,536 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Alex Otti's, First Lie As Abia State Gov - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alex Otti's, First Lie As Abia State Gov (3263 Views)

Nnaemeka Orji Resigns As Abia LG Election Petition Chairman Over Threat To Life / Moses Ogbonna Resigns As Abia PDP Organizing Secretary / Abuja Court Reaffirms Emenike As Abia APC Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alex Otti's, First Lie As Abia State Gov by Tunde4nija: 11:11pm On Jun 07, 2023
https://newscritic.com.ng/2023/06/07/ako-obioma-writes-gov-otti-seeks-investigation-into-reports-that-abia-govt-house-is-rented-building/
Dr Ako Obioma Writes Gov Otti, Seeks Investigation Into Reports That Abia Govt House Is Rented Building

By NewsCritic Reporters

Following the reports that the existing Abia State Government House Umuahia is a rented building, a prominent Abia born indigenous contractor and Chairman of Daman Group, Dr Ako Obioma has demanded an investigation into the circumstances under which the state house became a rented property and the ownership.

Dr Ako Obioma in an Open Letter to His Excellency the Executive Governor of Abia State, Dr Alex Otti dated June 5th, 2023, said he was astonished to read the comments credited to the Governor on the need to complete the New Government House, because the old Govt House is a Rented building.

The Chairman of the Daman Group in the letter advised Gov Alex Otti to investigate thoroughly to ascertain at what point the Abia State Govt House Umuahia became a rented property, because he (Ako Obioma) was privy to the making of the Old Govt House by Group Captain Frank Ajobena (retd), the first military administrator of Abia State, due to his proximity to the then administrator.

He further pointed out in the open letter to the Governor that in the recent past, he had taken this insinuation about Abia govt house as a rumour until the latest pronouncement by Gov Otti, hence that Abians will like an explanation on how the government property of over 60-years became a rented apartment, and to know who is the landlord receiving the rent.

The letter read “I was quite astonished to read your comments on the need to complete the new Government House because the present Government House is a RENTED property.

Please I write to advice that you investigate thoroughly at what point our Abia Government House Umuahia became rented property and who is the owner.

He said “It may interest you to know that at the creation of Abia State in August 1991 and swearing-in of then Group Captain Frank Ajobena (retd) as first Military Administrator, I was privileged to have been introduced to him by powers that be then and as a major contractor in the federal and old Imo State. So, that relationship gave me the privilege as his closest Abia civilian and my company was first to be awarded contract by the regime.

After his swearing-in, Group Capt. Frank Ajobena (retd) remained in Douglas House Owerri for some days to allow for complete clean-up of the present Govt House Umuahia before resuming work at Umuahia.

This present Government House was then a big two (2) bedroom duplex owned by the former Eastern Region which was used by late Dr Michael Okpara and Col. Chukwuemeka Odimegwu Ojukwu as Governor's Lodge, with Enugu as headquarters before it was ceded to Imo State and subsequently to Abia State upon its creation.

Because it was the seat of power of the then Eastern region, all the land surrounding it was owed by Eastern Region government as government reserved area with the back as forestry without encroachment until the civilian regime of the late Chief Sam Mbakwe, when few lands were allocated to defunct NPP political cronies.

Continuing Dr Ako Obioma stated that “on assumption of office, Ajobena ordered revocation of those lands allocated in the GRA, especially those within the Government House environment.

Among those critical ones were the one allocated to the late Air Cmdr. Emeka Omeruah, where he built the uncompleted duplex which now serves as the Governor's Office. The second most critical were the land opposite Cmdr. Emeka Omeruah, which were allocated to Hon (Eze) Albert Uwanamodo, who represented Umuahia in the Imo State House of Assembly under the late Chief Sam Mbakwe, where he was constructing (4 nos) twin duplex which were at DPC levels.

Due to the personalities involved which included his boss (Omeruah), Frank Ajobena ordered that the cost of these properties and structures on it be evaluated which was done and the owners were completely paid off.

Frank Ajobena now awarded contracts for the reconstruction of the Governor's Lodge and Construction of the banquet Hall to Phomo Nig Ltd, which were completed as you have them today.

He awarded contract for completion of the Emeka Omeruah building to serve as Governor's office, construction of (8 nos) duplexes on the Chief Uwanamodo structure to serve as Governor's Guest Houses and other structures which my companies were also beneficiaries too.

Ako Obioma said it was Dr Ogbonnaya Onu the first civilian governor of Abia State who built the Presidential Lodge, “while myself and another contractor gifted the building and furnishing of the Chapel to Government House.

In the recent years that passed, I had taken this insinuation as rumour until your latest pronouncement, hence Abians will like to be detailed on how our property of over (60) years has become rented apartment and who are the landlords receiving the rent.

Please His Excellency, where you find more ambiguities in my explanation, you may invite me for more detailed explanation.

Thanks

Yours Sincerely

Sir (Dr) Ako Obioma (AkubaraOha)
Chairman/CEO
Daman Group

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alex Otti's, First Lie As Abia State Gov by Osobi32(m): 11:31pm On Jun 07, 2023
He did not lie, the abia state government house is a rented property and the abia state government has been using it for decades now. This is the reason why the immediate past governor started to build a government house for the state.

5 Likes

Re: Alex Otti's, First Lie As Abia State Gov by jmoore(m): 11:41pm On Jun 07, 2023
You did not write to Ikpeazu, na now your ako na uche dey wake up. Ndi mgbu!

2 Likes

Re: Alex Otti's, First Lie As Abia State Gov by madudinaobodo: 11:43pm On Jun 07, 2023
Osobi32:
He did not lie, the abia state government house is a rented property and the abia state government has been using it for decades now. This is the reason why the immediate past governor started to build a government house for the state.

Are u saying Sir Ako is lying? See go back and read the article

2 Likes

Re: Alex Otti's, First Lie As Abia State Gov by mumumugu(m): 11:48pm On Jun 07, 2023
Tge landlord has been cashing in for centuries
Re: Alex Otti's, First Lie As Abia State Gov by Magnetic010: 11:58pm On Jun 07, 2023
Lying is a normal thing with politicians worldwide
Re: Alex Otti's, First Lie As Abia State Gov by Osobi32(m): 12:00am On Jun 08, 2023
madudinaobodo:

I know exactly what am talking about, I have visited the government house on several occasions ok. The place is not suitable to be a government house. Go and verify

3 Likes

Re: Alex Otti's, First Lie As Abia State Gov by Jennie002: 12:38am On Jun 08, 2023
You never lie before?
Re: Alex Otti's, First Lie As Abia State Gov by darling2424(f): 3:23am On Jun 08, 2023
What exactly lie are you talking about?

He didn't lie at all

3 Likes

Re: Alex Otti's, First Lie As Abia State Gov by tonytony208(m): 3:44am On Jun 08, 2023
Tunde4nija:
https://newscritic.com.ng/2023/06/07/ako-obioma-writes-gov-otti-seeks-investigation-into-reports-that-abia-govt-hous

You should focus on the decay in your cursed party, where sanwoolu us using state power to persecute and witch-hunt Iyabo Ojo for not voting for Tinubu.

You are like a morally rotten dog calling other people unprintable names.

1 Like

Re: Alex Otti's, First Lie As Abia State Gov by potent5(m): 4:09am On Jun 08, 2023
Op and propaganda. You people like deceit, especially when it's about the Igbos. Don't go and be useful to yourself.
Tunde4nija:
https://newscritic.com.ng/2023/06/07/ako-obioma-writes-gov-otti-seeks-investigation-into-reports-that-abia-govt-house-is-rented-building/
Dr Ako Obioma Writes Gov Otti, Seeks Investigation Into Reports That Abia Govt House Is Rented Building

By NewsCritic Reporters

Following the reports that the existing Abia State Government House Umuahia is a rented building, a prominent Abia born indigenous contractor and Chairman of Daman Group, Dr Ako Obioma has demanded an investigation into the circumstances under which the state house became a rented property and the ownership.

Dr Ako Obioma in an Open Letter to His Excellency the Executive Governor of Abia State, Dr Alex Otti dated June 5th, 2023, said he was astonished to read the comments credited to the Governor on the need to complete the New Government House, because the old Govt House is a Rented building.

The Chairman of the Daman Group in the letter advised Gov Alex Otti to investigate thoroughly to ascertain at what point the Abia State Govt House Umuahia became a rented property, because he (Ako Obioma) was privy to the making of the Old Govt House by Group Captain Frank Ajobena (retd), the first military administrator of Abia State, due to his proximity to the then administrator.

He further pointed out in the open letter to the Governor that in the recent past, he had taken this insinuation about Abia govt house as a rumour until the latest pronouncement by Gov Otti, hence that Abians will like an explanation on how the government property of over 60-years became a rented apartment, and to know who is the landlord receiving the rent.

The letter read “I was quite astonished to read your comments on the need to complete the new Government House because the present Government House is a RENTED property.

Please I write to advice that you investigate thoroughly at what point our Abia Government House Umuahia became rented property and who is the owner.

He said “It may interest you to know that at the creation of Abia State in August 1991 and swearing-in of then Group Captain Frank Ajobena (retd) as first Military Administrator, I was privileged to have been introduced to him by powers that be then and as a major contractor in the federal and old Imo State. So, that relationship gave me the privilege as his closest Abia civilian and my company was first to be awarded contract by the regime.

After his swearing-in, Group Capt. Frank Ajobena (retd) remained in Douglas House Owerri for some days to allow for complete clean-up of the present Govt House Umuahia before resuming work at Umuahia.

This present Government House was then a big two (2) bedroom duplex owned by the former Eastern Region which was used by late Dr Michael Okpara and Col. Chukwuemeka Odimegwu Ojukwu as Governor's Lodge, with Enugu as headquarters before it was ceded to Imo State and subsequently to Abia State upon its creation.

Because it was the seat of power of the then Eastern region, all the land surrounding it was owed by Eastern Region government as government reserved area with the back as forestry without encroachment until the civilian regime of the late Chief Sam Mbakwe, when few lands were allocated to defunct NPP political cronies.

Continuing Dr Ako Obioma stated that “on assumption of office, Ajobena ordered revocation of those lands allocated in the GRA, especially those within the Government House environment.

Among those critical ones were the one allocated to the late Air Cmdr. Emeka Omeruah, where he built the uncompleted duplex which now serves as the Governor's Office. The second most critical were the land opposite Cmdr. Emeka Omeruah, which were allocated to Hon (Eze) Albert Uwanamodo, who represented Umuahia in the Imo State House of Assembly under the late Chief Sam Mbakwe, where he was constructing (4 nos) twin duplex which were at DPC levels.

Due to the personalities involved which included his boss (Omeruah), Frank Ajobena ordered that the cost of these properties and structures on it be evaluated which was done and the owners were completely paid off.

Frank Ajobena now awarded contracts for the reconstruction of the Governor's Lodge and Construction of the banquet Hall to Phomo Nig Ltd, which were completed as you have them today.

He awarded contract for completion of the Emeka Omeruah building to serve as Governor's office, construction of (8 nos) duplexes on the Chief Uwanamodo structure to serve as Governor's Guest Houses and other structures which my companies were also beneficiaries too.

Ako Obioma said it was Dr Ogbonnaya Onu the first civilian governor of Abia State who built the Presidential Lodge, “while myself and another contractor gifted the building and furnishing of the Chapel to Government House.

In the recent years that passed, I had taken this insinuation as rumour until your latest pronouncement, hence Abians will like to be detailed on how our property of over (60) years has become rented apartment and who are the landlords receiving the rent.

Please His Excellency, where you find more ambiguities in my explanation, you may invite me for more detailed explanation.

Thanks

Yours Sincerely

Chairman/CEO
Daman Group

2 Likes

Re: Alex Otti's, First Lie As Abia State Gov by sonature1: 6:33am On Jun 08, 2023
tonytony208:

You should focus on the decay in your cursed party, where sanwoolu us using state power to persecute and witch-hunt Iyabo Ojo for not voting for Tinubu.

You are like a morally rotten dog calling other people unprintable names.

Stop this SENSELESS whataboutism!

Address the issue he raised!

Don't tell him what to focus on.

Every Nigerian has the right to discuss anything and probe anything across the country!

This whataboutism is what got this country into this mess it has become!

4 Likes

Re: Alex Otti's, First Lie As Abia State Gov by jmoore(m): 7:57am On Jun 08, 2023
sonature1:

Every Nigerian has the right to discuss anything and probe anything across the country!

You guys keep shouting 'whataboutism' when you are caught in your ulterior motive.p
The content of the article did not say Otti lied but sought for verification. But the lying spirit of APC creatures used a mischevious headline.
Re: Alex Otti's, First Lie As Abia State Gov by madudinaobodo: 8:05am On Jun 08, 2023
Osobi32:
I know exactly what am talking about, I have visited the government house on several occasions ok. The place is not suitable to be a government house. Go and verify
Oga what we are talking about is on rentage and not suitability.Is the property on rentage or NOT?
Re: Alex Otti's, First Lie As Abia State Gov by ibnquasale(m): 8:15am On Jun 08, 2023
Osobi32:

How’s this your response linked to whether the property was rented or not?

This Obidients can defend nonsense! Well, everything na about lamba for una
Re: Alex Otti's, First Lie As Abia State Gov by Penguin2: 8:30am On Jun 08, 2023
sonature1:

Can you stop it?

Did Otti lie?

The writer of the piece clearly stated that before Otti, he has been hearing it that Abia Govt House is a rented property.

Otti only came and gave life to that rumour which is why he wrote to seek clarifications.

How did Otti lie?
Re: Alex Otti's, First Lie As Abia State Gov by immortalmortal: 9:05am On Jun 08, 2023
Previous government were probably paying "rent" and chopping the money. Who knows? The question is who are they paying the rent to?
Re: Alex Otti's, First Lie As Abia State Gov by Beverlyjean(f): 9:50am On Jun 08, 2023
Children of the fallen demon at it again.
Re: Alex Otti's, First Lie As Abia State Gov by Poisonousman: 10:59am On Jun 08, 2023
ibnquasale:

How’s this your response linked to whether the property was rented or not?

This Obidients can defend nonsense! Well, everything na about lamba for una
Shut it Mr man... Abia state former government House is a rented property that belongs to nnamdi kanu's father..
Re: Alex Otti's, First Lie As Abia State Gov by Poisonousman: 11:00am On Jun 08, 2023
madudinaobodo:

Oga what we are talking about is on rentage and not suitability.Is the property on rentage or NOT?

The property is a rented property.. that's why they are building new government House.. sometimes Una dey mumu here .. thinking you are using your sense ..
Re: Alex Otti's, First Lie As Abia State Gov by sapele914(m): 11:12am On Jun 08, 2023
Osobi32:
Even Abia, is not suitable to be regarded as a State.
Re: Alex Otti's, First Lie As Abia State Gov by sapele914(m): 11:17am On Jun 08, 2023
Poisonousman:

Shut it Mr man... Abia state former government House is a rented property that belongs to nnamdi kanu's father..
Terrorist’s father indeed, so you know more than Sir (Dr) Ako Obioma (AkubaraOha) Chairman/CEO Daman Group?
Re: Alex Otti's, First Lie As Abia State Gov by Chibuezem(m): 11:25am On Jun 08, 2023
sapele914:
Even Abia, is not suitable to be regarded as a State.
So what are the parameters used to measure how suitable a state is?
People just open their keyboards and type whatever their tribalistic ancestors have dropped in their minds.... Nde mgbu
Re: Alex Otti's, First Lie As Abia State Gov by paramakina202: 11:35am On Jun 08, 2023
Tunde4nija:

By NewsCritic Reporters

Thanks

Yours Sincerely

Chairman/CEO
Daman Group

They should ask past governors who they have been paying rent to because every Abian was made to believe our government house was owned by Cmdr Emeka Omerua.
Re: Alex Otti's, First Lie As Abia State Gov by LemmeWalk: 12:21pm On Jun 08, 2023
Everything that builds on lies fails overtime.
Re: Alex Otti's, First Lie As Abia State Gov by duro4chang(m): 1:10pm On Jun 08, 2023
Nothing good can come out of Labour party. The moment Obi decamped into the party,the party became a haven of liars, mischief makers, blackmailers etc.
Re: Alex Otti's, First Lie As Abia State Gov by Osobi32(m): 7:30am On Jun 09, 2023
madudinaobodo:

I am saying that the place is on rentage ok, this I know and I have heard some abia politicians discussing it. If u go there now, u will discover that the building wasn't design to for the purpose of being a government house.
Re: Alex Otti's, First Lie As Abia State Gov by tonytony208(m): 6:45pm On Jun 10, 2023
sonature1:

I also, therefore, have the right to ask you why your governor is using State power to persecute Iyabo Ojo because she didn't campaign for APC.
Is Iyabo Ojo the only one not paying tax? Why did you single her out for persecution?

And show me evidence that Alex Otti lied.

(1) (Reply)

SSS Invades AIT: Stops Political Broadcast! / General Institutional Stupidity Of Most Nigerians - The Bakassi/obudu Case / Private Equity Groups Carlyle and Zephyr Create Funds In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.