Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,352 members, 7,819,253 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu (30741 Views)

Anxiety In 25 States As Govs, 324 Others Move Against Election Results / APC Primary: Buhari To Take Final Decision As Govs Failed To Reach Consensus / APC Crisis: Govs Back Down As Buhari Supports Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by millionboi2: 3:00pm On Jun 08, 2023
Spandau:

The borders are already open. It's only for the Fulanis monopolizing the borders to be cleared.

when was it open?why the price of rice never come down.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by Spandau: 3:02pm On Jun 08, 2023
millionboi2:
when was it open?why the price of rice never come down.

I told you already. Fulanis!
Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 08, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Hmmmm

Since almost four days now I never drive my lexus

Any how waka way nor make sense I nor dey go

I better relax for house dey smoke and drink...even if I want go beer parlour....na the one way dey near me..the one treckable

The 36k full tank way I buy I go make sure say I manage till next year
🤣🤣🤣🤣👍

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by forayfleo(m): 3:26pm On Jun 08, 2023
millionboi2:
By next month people will start selling their cars.

Tinubu should open border thats when i will confirm that he is working.
Atiku promised to open border,tinubu should do that now if he wants a second term.
border don open anyhow dear

Try find out
Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by PoliteActivist: 3:27pm On Jun 08, 2023
KingKO22:
I see PMS price depreciating any moment from now especially when there is competition among importers

BAT has done remarkably well within short period of time in office

I never regret voting and canvassing for you

I thought you guys were shouting that it was Bubu that removed subsidy, now it is suddenly the drug dealer
Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by pukka5050: 3:29pm On Jun 08, 2023
[quote author=slawomir post=123654525]Damnnn niggar

Hmmmm

I better relax for house dey smoke and drink...even if I want go beer parlour....na the one way dey near me..the one treckable

You cracked me up 😂😂]

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by JAMO84: 3:30pm On Jun 08, 2023
Racoon:
All the wicked demons in government since 2015 were shouting fuel subsidy was a fraud but ended up committing the same fraud for the 8 years of their miserable reign.

Now they suddenly see the compulsive reason to do away with this economic disaster that ought to have been avoided since 2012. Playing partisan politics with a sensitive national issue they have zilch knowledge about.
There were no reasons for Jonathan not to pay subsidy, if he had the brain to reduce the fraud in his government. He had the highest revenue in Nigeria's history since 1914. Explain to me why he spent almost the same amount on Subsidy in 5 years, as Buhari in 8 years.

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by millionboi2: 3:38pm On Jun 08, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Lol, see him, you think Tinubu's second term is in any way dependent on you or anything. If the druggie manages to stay alive he will definitely get second term and possibly go for a third. The only thing that can prevent Tinubu second term is coup or revolution!
Nope tinubu is a democrat.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by Jennie002: 3:39pm On Jun 08, 2023
brightDdon:

Smile.... At some point I had to stop but something said to be you can do it,, then I continued and to the last

Thanks
You're welcome 🫂
You're really trustworthy
Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by Jennie002: 3:39pm On Jun 08, 2023
almarthins:

Na scroll I scroll. Old stories not for me. Na lie and lies upon lies. No point to read the tales of 1 city called Nigeria .
You're welcome
You're really trustworthy 😁

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by Adexgentle005(m): 3:40pm On Jun 08, 2023
pandoragirigory:
The higher the price the lower the quantity demanded
Basic economics!
Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by Bovis(m): 3:42pm On Jun 08, 2023
ZombiePUNISHER:
undecided

Governors Back Tinubu's Subsidy removal

But in 2012 when Jonathan did same

The then Lagos State Governor and APc organized a protest against subsidy removal..
They mocked Jonathan
Taunted him and even carried a coffin.

There are levels to evil.

Spineless Jonathan no get the liver to remove the subsidy regardless of the protests - there are levels to power and authority
Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by AfonjaPriest: 3:42pm On Jun 08, 2023
Nigerians should expect the worst from Tinubu. He is the bull that bulldozed its way to the china shop.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by Basic123: 3:53pm On Jun 08, 2023
lexy2014:

How did Tinubu forge on? I thought he begged the NLC not to.embark on strike?
GEJ could have begged too ma
Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by olab059(m): 3:58pm On Jun 08, 2023
Corridon:
It has also reduced the number of vehicles on the road.

Yeah, I noticed this. In Ibadan, the constant traffic that used to be at UI gate daily around 5-8pm has reduced drastically.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by DAREH13: 4:04pm On Jun 08, 2023
Manny21:
What do you expect? It is just a matter of time, the forces of demand and supply will force down the price. Most petrol marketers rely on small profits quick turnover. The 540 per litre is NNPC price. Some of them will start reducing their profit margin to be able to offload what they present store.

lol
beer parlour analysis
Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by sunnedee2: 4:07pm On Jun 08, 2023
GambaOsaka:

🎶 Iwe Iwe Iwe Iwe 🎼 🎵
Iwe ….. Iwe. …..
You sabi book my guy
I’ll recommend you for Minister of Economic planning and Development 🤓
Him sabi book no be lie.
His moniker even says so.
Kudos to to him.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by grandstar(m): 4:09pm On Jun 08, 2023
Racoon:
All the wicked demons in government since 2015 were shouting fuel subsidy was a fraud but ended up committing the same fraud for the 8 years of their miserable reign.

Now they suddenly see the compulsive reason to do away with this economic disaster that ought to have been avoided since 2012. Playing partisan politics with a sensitive national issue they have zilch knowledge about.

At times, the problem wasn't hypocrisy but ignorance

The average person, even politicians have a very poor understanding of economics.

Oshiomole was dumbfounded when he became governor and realized that fuel subsidies actually cost money to provide. The cost will be deducted from the already lean allocation from federation account.

Had he known, he would have done things differently.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by kingsceemark(m): 4:12pm On Jun 08, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Hmmmm

Hahahahaha dey play just dey play, you mean Lexus bicycle or Lexus okada? Continue playing

Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by booblacain(m): 4:16pm On Jun 08, 2023
KingKO22:
I see PMS price depreciating any moment from now especially when there is competition among importers

reloaded.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by Flier: 4:18pm On Jun 08, 2023
KingKO22:

I voted for him and I support subsidy removal but you guys need to stop telling me he has done well,what has he done? Nothing as changed and even if it will change,at least it will take a year or 2
Not that he has fixed light or price of food has reduced or fixed infrastructure so what has he done ?

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by blaise26abj(m): 4:26pm On Jun 08, 2023
Unfortunately , most filing stations will soon fire some of workers or upgrade to go and pay inside and dispense yourself . Government will start paying for unproductive workers who stay more at home than at work . Trade will reduce . Income will drop drastically for all sellers of non essential commodities as people readjust their spendings . More students will drop out or move to schools close to their houses . Far schools with experience low registrations .

We will know soon if this is an issue the populace will be able to withstand .
Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by Mubiola360: 4:27pm On Jun 08, 2023
millionboi2:
By next month people will start selling their cars.

Tinubu should open border thats when i will confirm that he is working.
Atiku promised to open border,tinubu should do that now if he wants a second term.
you are living in the past and not present. The boarders are opened , crypto in the process of acceptance
Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by gabbytabby: 4:27pm On Jun 08, 2023
Subsidy on its own is not a bad thing only that in a country of dishonest and dishonourable men and women the elites will Conner the benefits and abuse the programme self.

The subsidy if any should be in form of tax benefit to producers to encourage more of them to enter the market..

Racoon:

Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by B11la2b: 4:30pm On Jun 08, 2023
Fuel subsidies in Nigeria have been a significant burden on the economy. Subsidies require a substantial amount of government spending, which diverts funds from other essential sectors such as healthcare, education, and infrastructure development. Removing the subsidies would allow the government to allocate resources more efficiently, potentially leading to economic growth and improved public services.

I commend tinubu for this move.

Meanwhile if you’re a content creator or business owner and finding it hard to build engagement, please check my profile.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by NovusHomo(m): 4:34pm On Jun 08, 2023
pandoragirigory:
The higher the price the lower the quantity demanded

Economics 101.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:37pm On Jun 08, 2023
Manny21:
What do you expect? It is just a matter of time, the forces of demand and supply will force down the price. Most petrol marketers rely on small profits quick turnover. The 540 per litre is NNPC price. Some of them will start reducing their profit margin to be able to offload what they present store.

Exactly.

What happened to GSM will happen to petrol.

Then a SIM card was sold for N10,000.

Now, it's as cheap as biscuit.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by Arabaincubus: 4:42pm On Jun 08, 2023
Independent marketers may cry soon as people buy only from NNPC where they are sure to get the right quantity purchased.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by Ezmans: 4:47pm On Jun 08, 2023
KingKO22:

he has done well by making civil servants skip work, evil sets of people
Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by Zxcvbnmghtr: 4:50pm On Jun 08, 2023
Racoon:

How old were you in 2012?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder / Femi Fani-Kayode: The Old Man Arrested Is Not ‘Killer’ Wakili / Israeli PM To Visit Nigeria After 61 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.