Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,289 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Women Human Right Lawyer Please Save A Soul: - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women Human Right Lawyer Please Save A Soul: (1342 Views)

Please Save A Sister's Life.... Story Verified / Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself / Please Save A Sister On A Hot Seat, Before I Wil Be Sent Packing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Human Right Lawyer Please Save A Soul: by Almonerpet: 4:47pm On Sep 30, 2011
Can somebody tell me why on Earth should a woman be beaten for God's sake, an educated mother of grown up children from age 10 up), not a single girl, beaten up severally and regularly by the spouse. Never knew there are still some Lions in the tribe of a cowardly homes who does not see anything wrong in the cruel-some attitude of wife beating despite enlightenment in this 21st century,

Please someone needs help here to save a soul, is there still a human right lawyer to help someone out of a terrible and unbearable situation even if someone sad sad has to sponsor the charges, WOMEN LAWYERS PLEASE WHERE ARE U OOOO Join me to say NO to wife beating and abuse, pls email me almonerpet@gmail.com
Re: Women Human Right Lawyer Please Save A Soul: by LadyWinona: 3:22am On Oct 01, 2011
Wow! So many incidences of wife battery. I can help you out here. In my quest in finding a solution to my husband incessant physical violence towards me, i came across a group, FIDA on d net. It.s an international association of women lawyers tailored against wife battery. One of the founders of the Nigerian Chapter is Barr Bello and her phone number is 08033143437. She will give u d addresses as well as phone number of the FIDA chapter in your location. Good luck. Also, i'm trying to encourage everyone against wife battery on the need for us to have a voice that can be heard way beyond the internet. It.s time this stopped.
Re: Women Human Right Lawyer Please Save A Soul: by Almonerpet: 3:32am On Oct 01, 2011
The Lord bless you my sister. Victim would surely make a move. Thanks again.
Re: Women Human Right Lawyer Please Save A Soul: by LadyWinona: 3:49am On Oct 01, 2011
You are welcome. Only started looking for a solution myself when i looked at my husband after he had battered me and plainly told him that i do not see why i have to go through this when i'm educated wit the resources to find a solution. I am not an illiterate and i'm not jobless and so do not have any excuses whatsoever in not playing an active role in legally finding a solution to my problem. It took me 3 days to get that number and better, i made that phonecall.
Re: Women Human Right Lawyer Please Save A Soul: by Almonerpet: 4:23am On Oct 01, 2011
Oh I see. My sister this is disgusting. This is a faithful wife, loved her hubby with all she had, sold almost all her properties when she left a banking job he made her resigned from to help her hubby. What she gets in return was a serious regular violence &assults. She already reported the case at the police station should there be any eventuality. Many times she ends up in the hospital. 2boys already in the pry 4 and JSS 3. She is struggling to raise the kids from her children's ware shops she runs in town with the little contribution she hardly gets from hubby trough serious appeal. These hard situation made som1 like me cry out here to save her life from further degradation. Or is inter tribal marriage a crime in Nigeria? Its a Yoruba lady married an Igbo man. Does any brother in-law has any right to also carry on the beating on behalf of the brother (husband)? Is that the culture in Igbo land, Please can som1 help me here, I don't understand.
Re: Women Human Right Lawyer Please Save A Soul: by Nobody: 4:32am On Oct 01, 2011
Lady Winona, Bless you. @ Poster no my dear no one husband and brother has d right to beat her. She better make a decision and stay anlive for her sons. The beatings won't stop till she dies, no be prayer and fasting matter. An abuser does what he/ she does because of d need for power and control, they seek out meej and quiet partners and abuse dem till death unless d victim is bold enuf to walk and start a new life. Encourage her to be bold and call FIDA, used to have their National Presidents Number, dey handled my divorce, if she doesn't, the next story we read may have her name and story in it.
e Criminal Investigation Department, CID of Nassarawa State Police Command, Lafia is questioning Johnson Yakubu, a taxi driver who plies his trade in Abuja on the murder of his fiancee.

The body of the deceased, 29-year-old Victoria Akubo, was discovered by the son to the couple’s landlord on Friday afternoon. Explaining the circumstances in which the body was discovered, sources in the deceased residence at Catholic Church Road, One Man Village, a suburb of Abuja, Nigeria’s capital, told news men that the taxi driver who had left home earlier in the day called the landlord’s son to help check on his fiancee since he has been trying unsuccessfully to get her on phone.

The landlord’s son said he subsequently went to knock the door of the couple’s flat, but he did not get any response. The landlord’s son said he subsequently called Johnson back to inform him that there was nobody at their home. But the taxi driver was said to have insisted that his wife is inside the house. He asked the landlord’s son to check inside the house through the other door that leads into the couple’s flat at the back. Following Johnson’s instructions, the landlord’s son said that he went to peep in through the window and saw the body of Victoria lying on the bed with her face covered with a pillow.

He said he entered the flat and discovered that the Victoria was dead with two marks indicating that she was stabbed in two places. The landlord’s son said he consequently reported to the police. News men confirmed that the incident was reported at the local police station before the case was transferred to Lafia on Monday this week. It was gathered that Johnson, in his statement, tried to deny responsibility for the murder. But the claim is being faulted by Victoria’s family.

It was learnt that Johnson had initially told the police that he left home around 8 am that day, but changed his statement later when he gathered that Mama Reuben had called Victoria around 6:12 am, indicating that the deceased was still alive as at then. The same Mama Reuben told the police that she later went to see Victoria at their home around 7:30 am, but left after she repeatedly knocked the door without getting any response.

Investigations also revealed that though Victoria and Johnson did their traditional marriage introduction ceremony preparatory to their wedding about two months ago, the deceased’s family did not approve of the marriage. Also, neighbours of the couple at their former residence told news men that Johnson, an Igala from Kogi State, like his wife, is in the habit of beating and maltreating his wife to be.

Victoria, it was learnt, was admitted in hospital for some weeks recently as a result of such beating. A younger sister of the deceased who was living with the couple claimed to have left in protest of the domestic abuse of Victoria. Solomon Akubo, an elder brother of the deceased, said the family wants justice to be done on the issue even as he alleged that the police are trying to sweep the matter under the carpet.
Re: Women Human Right Lawyer Please Save A Soul: by Almonerpet: 4:36am On Oct 01, 2011
Oh I see. My sister this is disgusting. This is a faithful wife, loved her hubby with all she had, sold virtually all  her properties when she left a banking job he made her resigned from to help her hubby. What she gets in return was a serious regular violence &assults. She already reported the case at the police station should there be any eventuality. Many times she ends up in the hospital. 2boys already in the pry 4 and JSS 3. She is struggling to raise the kids from her children's ware shops she runs in town with the little contribution she hardly gets from hubby trough serious appeal. These hard situation made som1 like me cry out here to save her life from further degradation. Or is inter tribal marriage a crime in Nigeria? Its a Yoruba lady married an Igbo man. DOES ANY BROTHER IN-LAW HAS ANY RIGHT TO ALSO CARRY ON THE BEATING ON BEHALF OF BROTHER (Husband)which has happened in few occasions?? Is that the culture in Igbo land,  Please can someone help me here,  I don't understand.
Re: Women Human Right Lawyer Please Save A Soul: by LadyWinona: 6:30am On Oct 01, 2011
No, it's not an Igbo culture at all. It is the culture though for women to keep quiet about this, preferring to be in the marriage in that false belief that it.s far better than be termed a single mother and an outcast by the society. You'll be suprised how many educated women and wives of priests and pastors share this belief. I'v been told countless times that it.s advisable to be in the marriage and endure cos if i leave, i'll remain single and men will avoid me since i am unfortunate to already have children, as if having them is a curse.  If we can curb disregarding these brave women (whether or not we know their stories) who were bold enough to leave their  spouses in their quest to be happy and alive, i think it will be a step in the right direction.d enough to leave their  spouses in their quest to be happy and alive, i think it will be a step in the right direction.w their stories) who were bold enough to leave their  spouses in their quest to be happy and alive, i think it will be a step in the right direction.d enough to leave their  spouses in their quest to be happy and alive, i think it will be a step in the right direction.
Re: Women Human Right Lawyer Please Save A Soul: by ifyalways(f): 4:44pm On Oct 01, 2011
@OP,while I admire your stance and decision to help your friend,I can't help but notice that you did not say much abt her.

Is she ready to be helped or she's still "in love" with the beast?.Would she abe willing to co-operate with the lawyers to bring the man to book or she would be hard-pressed to protect him,after all he still the father of her kids?Is she generally ready to save herself,have had enough of the abuse and ready to stand on her feet?

Aside the aforementioned organizations,there is also office of the public defender(lagos state) and Project Alert(an NGO).
Re: Women Human Right Lawyer Please Save A Soul: by horny4u(f): 8:07pm On Oct 01, 2011
ifyalways:

@OP,while I admire your stance and decision to help your friend,I can't help but notice that you did not say much abt her.

Is she ready to be helped or she's still "in love" with the beast?.Would she abe willing to co-operate with the lawyers to bring the man to book or she would be hard-pressed to protect him,after all he still the father of her kids?Is she generally ready to save herself,have had enough of the abuse and ready to stand on her feet?

Aside the aforementioned organizations,there is also office of the public defender(lagos state) and Project Alert(an NGO).

This till death do us apart should be scrapped from marriage vows o jare
No not death, till you mentally or physically abuse her then that is enough to do you part
Why wait till death,
Why cann't Boko Haram go after this men?

Jokes aside it about time we start reassuring women that it is OK to leave an abusive marriage. Most are scared sh*tless what you, I and the society will say.
Reason why its important to let this women know that they can release themselves and lots of great guys are happy to find them and truly love, adore and cherish them.
Some people will say stay for your kids but if he kills her: all the kids will get is a step mother undecided
She needs to be strong now-Mental tuffness : My heart goes out to her. cry

(1) (Reply)

Can He Be Ma Father Again? / Mature Advice Please: Should Married Folks Use intimacy gadgets? / Families Sell Albinos To Ritualists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.