Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,727 members, 7,851,488 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:37 PM

Johnbosco Onunkwo: A Name Synonymous With Philanthropy & Humanitarian Services. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Johnbosco Onunkwo: A Name Synonymous With Philanthropy & Humanitarian Services. (347 Views)

Johnbosco Onunkwo Donates Fire Extinguishers To Ochanja Market / Johnbosco Onunkwo Gifts Car And Cash Rewards To APC Members / Johnbosco Onunkwo Becomes Ohaneze Ndigbo Grand Patron (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Johnbosco Onunkwo: A Name Synonymous With Philanthropy & Humanitarian Services. by Paschal2806: 2:38pm On Jun 09, 2023
THE NAME JOHNBOSCO ONUNKWO IS SYNONYMOUS WITH PHILANTHROPY, CHARITY AND HUMANITARIAN SERVICES.

By Paschal Candle.

The name High Chief Johnbosco Obinna Onunkwo rings bell among the Youths and Elderly people in Anambra State and beyond. His name is synonymous with philanthropy, Charity and humanitarian services. High Chief Engr Johnbosco Onunkwo was not born with a silver spoon in his mouth, but his effort, coupled with providence, has earned him a golden life. It offered him a place of honour and recognition where a few of his contemporaries tread.

High Chief Engr Johnbosco Onunkwo’s life tells of a story of one whose life inspires others, particularly, youths, who wallow in despair or are frightened by prevailing economic circumstances to make a daring move towards actualising their dreams.

The Anambra StateUmuchu, Aguata born philanthropist is an Oil and Gas expert who make a difference in people’s lives.

Anyone who has come in contact with High Chief Johnbosco Onunkwo will testify his goodness and Philanthropy. According to High Chief Engr Johnbosco Onunkwo, “His philanthropy was drawn from his parents as the driving force, “My parents believe in helping people no matter. My father believes in almsgiving. I imbibed it from my parents and have taken it to another level. I like helping people, and doing that is sowing seeds. I do it for the sake of God.

“I made a covenant with God to help people, and many people seem not to understand that as my driving force. I serve God with my resources in church, my foundation, and through other philanthropic and humanitarian means. I started helping people from my nuclear family to the kindred, village, and later, my town, which I have done for the past 15 years. I extended it to the state level and now at the federal level. I have a reality TV show called ‘Strongest States Nigeria’ that aim is to inspire people via cultural exhibition, to identify our unity in diversity and live in peace.”

The philanthropist par excellence says he has no regret in life; pointing out that he wasn’t happy with the turnout of some events but has learnt not to regret things that he cannot change. He strives to take life from more positive angles than otherwise. His work ethic includes; hard work, goal-orientated, the right attitude, commitment, perseverance, and humility. His philosophy about life is doing good and avoiding evil. If Chief Onunkwo has the power to change one thing instantly, he said it would be to alleviate people’s sufferings and make the world a better place.
His JohnBosco Onunkwo Foundation primarily covers four sectors - health, education, Community Development, and Humanitarian Services.

His foundation’s health sector has donated home kits for blood pressure and blood sugar tests, offered free outpatient consultations and drugs, free eye tests, free reading glasses, and free cataract surgeries to the masses. The foundation has undertaken medical outreach to all parts of ANAMBRA State.

On education: The foundation has given scholarships to over 300 students in tertiary institutions as well as paid school fees and registered students in post-primary schools to take their Senior School Certificate Exams. High Chief Engr Johnbosco Onunkwo is doing all these for humanity and God.

The foundation also holds her annual education project – PROJECT BACK TO SCHOOL, which provides school bags, textbooks, writing materials, and other learning aids to primary school pupils in Anambra State. This exercise aims to reduce the parents’ economic burden as the children resume a new school session.

The education arm of the foundation also offers youth empowerment/ skill acquisition. In 2017, the foundation hosted ‘The New Conversation’ for youths in Anambra State to educate them and create awareness of their need to participate in the country’s political exercises.

In 2019, ‘The New Conversation 2’ taught and encouraged, and gave budding entrepreneurs opportunities on other means of survival other than depending on the government.

In community development, High Chief Johnbosco Onunkwo single-handedly his the foundation built Ultra Modern sporting facilities at Premier Court of Amawbia City Sports club, Awka with Lawn Tennis Court of International Standard, Ultra-Modern Bus Station, Unizik, Awka, and provision of transformers to boost electricity. It has conducted seminars for the improvement of social values in society. The foundation donated N2 Million to the Ochanja Market fire outbreak victims and provided over 10,000 fire extinguishers to various Anambra State markets.

Also, as part of his love to see Youth engage themselves in meaningful things. High Chief Engr Johnbosco Onunkwo single-handedly built a Music Academy and donated the Building and The Music Academy to the Catholic Archdiocese of Onitsha Province.

His selfless and humanitarian services earned traditional recognition of Aka Ekpuchi Onwa of Umuchu, Ochendo Ndigbo; Ochendo Nri, Dike EjiEjemba Igboland, among others.

Career-wise, Onunkwo is a member of, Society for Petroleum Engineers (MSPE), member, Nigeria Society of Engineers (NSE), Member, Council for the Regulation of Engineers in Nigeria (COREN), Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), Fellow of the Institute of Corporate Administration of Nigeria, among others.

Given Johnbosco’s philanthropic nature, he has received several awards: Outstanding Philanthropist of the year 2009 by Anambra to the World Organisation. Philanthropy Hero of the Year 2019 by the Nigerian Philanthropy Awards in September 2019.

The Student Union Government, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, honoured him with the Most Student and Youth Friendly Personality Award 2019. The University’s Faculty of Environmental Science, June 2019 honoured him with the Environmental Ambassador Award. He was installed as Grand Patron, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, National Youth Wing in July 2019.

His local government, Aguata Local Government has given him Award for Excellence for his numerous contributions to the development of the area in 2019; Aguata Peace Icon Award in recognition of his contribution to the development and peace in Aguata. Eastern Heritage Foundation honoured him with a Special Recognition Award for Humanitarian Service. In 2018, the New Telegraph honoured him with the Outstanding Humanitarian of the Year. He was featured in the top 100 Most Influential Young Nigerians in 2018.

Re: Johnbosco Onunkwo: A Name Synonymous With Philanthropy & Humanitarian Services. by Dozzywest(m): 3:21pm On Jun 09, 2023
High Chief Engr. Johnbosco Onunkwo is a man in tune with philanthropy and human capital development. He gladly spends his personal resources to the betterment of humanity, particularly the vulnerable and downtrodden. He sponsored a vocational and skill acquisition center for vulnerable sickle cell persons in Anambra State. We need more men and women with such selfless spirit in the realm of our affairs.

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi Condemns Salary Increment For Nigeria's Leaders, Says Not Necessary / President Bola Tinubu Wishes Nigerians Eid Mubarak. Video And Photos / This Is Just The Beginning.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.