Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,197 members, 7,818,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Doctors In The House - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors In The House (258 Views)

Salaries Of Medical Doctors In Nigeria / FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service / Sick Man Dies After Being Delayed By Striking Doctors In Imo State. Graphic PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctors In The House by Barims(m): 3:51pm On Jun 09, 2023
Please check my blood pressure result is this normal? Though I don't sense any sign of sickness, and I feel normal.

What could have made my BP rise to this level? I'm just 23

Re: Doctors In The House by SUPERPACK: 4:08pm On Jun 09, 2023
Go for a recheck in another hospital.
Re: Doctors In The House by captainking(m): 2:04pm On Jun 10, 2023
Barims:
Please check my blood pressure result is this normal? Though I don't sense any sign of sickness, and I feel normal.

Go back and check again.. This time.. Reduce your stress levels before you go.. Rest well for some days. Start exercising for some days..
Then go back and check... It's very high for your age..
Do what I posted and check again in a week.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctors In The House by favourRN(m): 4:22am On Jun 11, 2023
A blood pressure reading of 160/79 mmHg is considered high. Normal blood pressure for adults is typically below 120/80 mmHg. Your systolic pressure is elevated, indicating that there is increased pressure in your arteries when your heart is contracting. However, your diastolic pressure is within the normal range, which suggests that the pressure in your arteries between heartbeats is relatively normal.

a single high blood pressure reading does not necessarily mean you have hypertension (chronically high blood pressure). Blood pressure can fluctuate throughout the day due to various factors, such as stress, physical activity, and caffeine intake. It's recommended to measure your blood pressure multiple times over a period of time to get a better understanding of your average blood pressure levels.

Several factors can contribute to a temporary rise in blood pressure, even in young individuals like yourself. These may include:

1. Stress and anxiety: Emotional stress can cause a temporary increase in blood pressure.
2. Lack of physical activity: Sedentary lifestyle or lack of exercise can contribute to higher blood pressure.
3. Poor diet: Consuming excessive amounts of sodium (salt) and not enough fruits, vegetables, and whole grains can affect blood pressure.
4. Caffeine and alcohol: Consuming large amounts of caffeine or alcohol can temporarily elevate blood pressure.
5. Family history: A genetic predisposition to high blood pressure can increase your risk.
6. Obesity or excess weight: Being overweight or obese can contribute to high blood pressure.
7. Smoking: Smoking and tobacco use can lead to higher blood pressure levels.
Barims:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctors In The House by Thegamingorca(m): 8:42am On Jun 11, 2023
Barims:

A third of all hypertensives with readings of severe hypertension are all asymptomatic.

You don't need to have any symptom before it is a forgone conclusion that you are hypertensive
Re: Doctors In The House by Thegamingorca(m): 8:45am On Jun 11, 2023
Barims:

Anything at all can raise one's bp, from poor sleep to stress at work to taking lots of salt to it just being idiopathic.

The fact remains tho that you need to have yourself checked by a physician. A decision on what to do would need at least two BP readings taken two weeks apart. An ambulatory home BP check is recommended

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How To Detoxify Your Liver And Blood Vessels Using Natural Ingredients / My Name Is Iboga Tabernanthe / On The Disease Called Cancer!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.