Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,525 members, 7,843,626 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Niger Deltan's Should Think Twice ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Deltan's Should Think Twice ! (1203 Views)

I Am A Niger Deltan And Oil Is My Birthright / Maritime University Cancellation: Another Own Goal By A Niger Deltan / Letter From A Niger-Deltan to Tompolo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Deltan's Should Think Twice ! by faragai24: 5:41pm On Sep 30, 2011
1. They asked for 15% Derivation fund, and they were given.
2. They asked for employment and training of 25,000 Youth abroad, and they are granted.
3. They asked for Amnesty and lucrative packages, and i was approved.
4. The asked for creation Power Holding company, and it was signed into Law.
5. They asked for many packages, and they recieved attention and symphasy and still pretend nothing was done to them.
They have forgotten when our Groundnut,hide&skin, money were used to dugout their Pride.
Re: Niger Deltan's Should Think Twice ! by SouthEast1: 5:48pm On Sep 30, 2011
faragai24:

2. They asked for employment and training of 25,000 Youth abroad, and they are granted.
5. They asked for many packages, and they recieved attention and symphasy and still pretend nothing was done to them.
They have forgotten when our Groundnut,hide&skin, money were used to dugout their Pride.

Crazy man. What groundnuts are you talking about. When you were groundnutting the then East was palm oiling and coaling. Okay!!! Indolent folks
Re: Niger Deltan's Should Think Twice ! by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 30, 2011
Aaah, let's not forget cocoa from the SW.
Re: Niger Deltan's Should Think Twice ! by WilWily: 6:02pm On Sep 30, 2011
South-East:

Crazy man. What groundnuts are you talking about. When you were groundnutting the then East was palm oiling and coaling. Okay!!! Indolent folks
No mind the dirty Stinking gworo smelling Mouth desert Rat
Re: Niger Deltan's Should Think Twice ! by EzeUche(m): 6:04pm On Sep 30, 2011
Before oil, the Niger Delta relied on palm oil from Igboland.

Not groundnut from the North or Cocoa from the South-West
Re: Niger Deltan's Should Think Twice ! by SouthEast1: 6:06pm On Sep 30, 2011
EzeUche:

Before oil, the Niger Delta relied on palm oil from Igboland.

Not groundnut from the North or Cocoa from the South-West
There was also ample palm oil in Akwa Ibom, Cross River and Igbo-speaking Rivers at that time.
Re: Niger Deltan's Should Think Twice ! by WilWily: 6:07pm On Sep 30, 2011
All these parasites Monkey come chop banana from North and West dey make me Laugh
Re: Niger Deltan's Should Think Twice ! by EzeUche(m): 6:10pm On Sep 30, 2011
South-East:

There was also ample palm oil in Akwa Ibom, Cross River and Igbo-speaking Rivers at that time.

The palm oil plantations were primarily in the hinterland.

That is why Igboland has erosion problems, because our virgin forest were destroyed and used to produce palm oil.
Re: Niger Deltan's Should Think Twice ! by SouthEast1: 6:12pm On Sep 30, 2011
EzeUche:

The palm oil plantations were primarily in the hinterland.

That is why Igboland has erosion problems, because our virgin forest were destroyed and used to produce palm oil.

There are as much palm oil plants in core Igboland as there are in those places I mentioned. Those places also suffer from erosion.
Re: Niger Deltan's Should Think Twice ! by efisher(m): 5:58pm On Oct 02, 2011
Niger Delta has always been blessed on the surface and sub-surface. The Niger Delta before now and till today is rich in aquatic life, lush vegetation (green all year round), timber, rubber, oil palm, fruits, etc. Most of the people in the Niger Delta were self sustained and did not rely on others for survival. They were neither nomadic nor parasitic and have always been hardworking. Do some research, the SW, Mid-West and SE have this in common. The south only traded with the north and did not rely on them for nada. The north on the other hand has always been parasitic as they are either in search of pasture or oil or something. OP, u should be happy the south is still sharing its resources with you.
Re: Niger Deltan's Should Think Twice ! by Beaf: 6:23pm On Oct 02, 2011
The Niger Delta has always played a strong part in feeding Nigeria. In the past, they were in the rubber and oil palm belts; the area was called Oil Rivers and had its export hub at Brass in Bayelsa. It is only illiterates that try to revise Nigeria's history to tell us that Nigeria relied solely on groundnut cotton and cocoa

In fact, palm oil is the SINGULAR reason Nigeria exists today (go read about the Royal Niger company that Lugard worked for). The revenue from palm oil was used to finance the amalgamation of the country and feed an under-performing North. The story has always been the same.
Re: Niger Deltan's Should Think Twice ! by jason123: 6:34pm On Oct 02, 2011
Beaf:

The Niger Delta has always played a strong part in feeding Nigeria. In the past, they were in the rubber and oil palm belts; the area was called Oil Rivers and had its export hub at Brass in Bayelsa. It is only illiterates that try to revise Nigeria's history to tell us that Nigeria relied solely on groundnut cotton and cocoa

In fact, palm oil is the SINGULAR reason Nigeria exists today (go read about the Royal Niger company that Lugard worked for). The revenue from palm oil was used to finance the amalgamation of the country and feed an under-performing North. The story has always been the same.
The country was split into three autonomous regions and later, four. The North had their groundnut. The West had their Cocoa (which the whole of the old west shared). The Mid West or Bendel had Timber and Rubber. The East had Palm oil. So where did you get the highlighted from??
Re: Niger Deltan's Should Think Twice ! by Beaf: 8:34pm On Oct 02, 2011
^
If you check what I wrote in brackets, you will find the bits I highlighted in nuff British accounts of Nigeria. I don't engage in rumour. The country only exists because of palm oil. Nigeria has always been about oil in one form or the other and its economy has always been centred around the ND.

The British anti-slavery policy in the region involves boosting the trade in palm oil (a valuable product which gives the name Oil Rivers to the Niger delta) to replace the dependence on income from the slave trade. It transpires later that this is somewhat counter-productive, causing the upriver chieftains to acquire more slaves to meet the increased demand for palm oil. But it is nevertheless the philanthropic principle behind much of the effort to set up trading stations.

Read more: http://www.historyworld.net/wrldhis/PlainTextHistories.asp?historyid=ad41#ixzz1ZefgOInO
Re: Niger Deltan's Should Think Twice ! by Ufeolorun(m): 10:48pm On Oct 02, 2011
faragai24:

I fully comprehend, beyond what you have written,it takes introspection not childish assessment to see what you actually imply
cool
Re: Niger Deltan's Should Think Twice ! by aloyemeka1: 11:08pm On Oct 02, 2011
There are more palms in Okitipupa than the whole of SS and SE. So fvck your palm oil.
Re: Niger Deltan's Should Think Twice ! by Relax101(m): 11:26pm On Oct 02, 2011
aloy/emeka:

There are more palms in Okitipupa than the whole of SS and SE. So fvck your palm oil.

You freaking liar. haba.
From the North of the South East to the South of the South East, Palm trees are heavily and massively littered everywhere. Everywhere, I mean everywhere in the SE.
Re: Niger Deltan's Should Think Twice ! by 9to5365(m): 11:38pm On Oct 02, 2011
@OP
I agree with you, they should ask for more. Maybe 50 to 60% derivation for a start.
Re: Niger Deltan's Should Think Twice ! by lagcity(m): 11:38pm On Oct 02, 2011
Niger Deltans deserve whatever benefit that comes their way. Their oil has sustained Nigeria up till now. However Niger Deltans should watch their governors because even if the delta states get 50% of the oil money, it won't amount to anything if their governors continue with the daylight robbery that's going on right now.
Re: Niger Deltan's Should Think Twice ! by ak47mann(m): 11:40pm On Oct 02, 2011
aboki don come again  cheesy cheesy dont deceive urself mr mallam,north never contributed anything in Nigerian economy cool
Re: Niger Deltan's Should Think Twice ! by lagcity(m): 11:41pm On Oct 02, 2011
9to5365:

@OP
I agree with you, they should ask for more. Maybe 50 to 60% derivation for a start.

Even 80% is not too much to ask for. Other regions should utilize their own resources too.
Re: Niger Deltan's Should Think Twice ! by asha80(m): 11:43pm On Oct 02, 2011
i believe in 100% control for states and regions and taxes paid to the centre.
Re: Niger Deltan's Should Think Twice ! by lagcity(m): 11:43pm On Oct 02, 2011
ak47mann:

aboki don come again  cheesy cheesy dont deceive urself mr mallam,north never contributed anything in Nigerian economy cool

that's a damn lie!
Re: Niger Deltan's Should Think Twice ! by lagcity(m): 11:44pm On Oct 02, 2011
asha 80:

now you are talking. cool cool
Re: Niger Deltan's Should Think Twice ! by ak47mann(m): 11:47pm On Oct 02, 2011
lagcity:

that's a damn lie!
ok tell me what they have contributed in the first place is it peanut?
asha 80:

supported cool cool
Re: Niger Deltan's Should Think Twice ! by lagcity(m): 11:50pm On Oct 02, 2011
ak47mann:

ok tell me what they have contributed in the first place is it peanut? supported cool cool

The North produces the bulk of Agric products in Nigeria. That's where food comes from. How much food do you produce in Igboland?
Re: Niger Deltan's Should Think Twice ! by honeric01(m): 12:00am On Oct 03, 2011
ak47mann:

Try to be reasonable for once.
Re: Niger Deltan's Should Think Twice ! by Beaf: 2:19am On Oct 03, 2011
lagcity:

The North produces the bulk of Agric products in Nigeria. That's where food comes from. How much food do you produce in Igboland?

Your bullet don hit small pikin! grin
You mean the Middle Belt, not North (or core-North). The bulk of our foodstuff comes from Benue, Plateau and Adamawa.
Re: Niger Deltan's Should Think Twice ! by Nobody: 6:50am On Oct 03, 2011
my wish is for us to hav a niger delta state!

(1) (Reply)

(nigeria) National Id Project Suffers Set Back / Nigeria: The Population Time Bomb / Is Civil War Imminent In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.