Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Mod ~ Xp - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Mod ~ Xp (1533 Views)

Installing Windows XP Without A CD-ROM Drive / Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation / Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mod ~ Xp by Neptune(m): 12:51pm On Sep 06, 2007
i found this program that does the virtual box thing like u have in beryl. we'll this works on XP. for those who don't use munltiple monitors and u want more work space here's an advantage. u have 4 work spaces to choose from. plus u can drag a window through the 4 work spaces and lots more. i'll post the link very soon (by 2morrow)

Re: Mod ~ Xp by deflick: 5:17pm On Sep 06, 2007
Yet another clumsy attempt at COPYING LINUX albeit this time by a disoriented Windoze Fan Boy, i downloaded the crap
form here http://rapidshare.com/files/26524705/yodm3D.zip http and i most say that gush its ignorant and criminal to call that shit desktop cube , damn! if u have a idea of what desktop cube is all about, then your next post would be an unreserved apology to this noble thread, u see in linux we call it composite, and it goes way beyond cube desktop, ok if u doubt me check this out www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-yMH8XzhlU
Re: Mod ~ Xp by Neptune(m): 11:25am On Sep 11, 2007
see me see wahala oh! just cos say i no dey for sometime dem don crusify me finish! did u even read what i posted or u just saw the cube? did u read this "those who don't use munltiple monitors and u want more work space here's an advantage". i use linux KDE on my system for Gods sake and i dont act like a jerk whenever people mention windows or WINDOZE as u freaks may call it. and i know who sent this post. believe me i do. what r u a linux freak? window or windoze made dum asses like you and now u shout linux like say na ur fada do am. what do u know about linux, when did u even start using it? dont worry im off for sometime now but i'll b back. if u love linux stick to it but leave others alone na by force?
Re: Mod ~ Xp by RichDad1(m): 5:38pm On Sep 13, 2007
No be Small thing ooooo 8 shocked shocked shocked shocked,
Mr Deflick,
Why cant you leave windows users alone and face your linux or whatever, ? na by force??

@ Neptune,
Nice info man.we are waiting for the link.
Re: Mod ~ Xp by bigrovar(m): 6:36am On Sep 14, 2007
deflick or delfik or dell may be u should just call your self D@#K, u are one of the people giving linux a bad name , cus from your utterance it shows that u do not understand the very essence of linux and what it stands for, cus if u do u wont be harassing some one who has done nothing to u.tlinux is built on respect for one another, yeah we might engage in fan wars but we don't take it to the xtrime.i mean what did he say to warrant all the shit u were talking, the very foundation of linux is opensource and this allows people to check the source code of a program and make use of it, so if someone ports beryl to windows so what? is that not the idea of free opensource, i guess u are too dung headed to understand, infact its a shame having u on the linux platform cus u belong to the motorpark, i was converted to linux through intellectual reasoning and not through thuggery , infact i don't know what to say to u cus u are a fool and i shouldnt even be responding u.
Re: Mod ~ Xp by Maleeq(m): 5:19am On Sep 15, 2007
bigrovar:

so if someone ports beryl to windows so what? is that not the idea of free opensource, i guess u are too dung headed to understand, infact its a shame having u on the linux platform cus u belong to the motorpark, i was converted to linux through intellectual reasoning and not through thuggery
grin
Re: Mod ~ Xp by koladz(m): 9:03am On Sep 15, 2007
Windows XP brims with new features, improved programs, and tools. See what’s new; take an entertaining tour; learn about the programs Windows XP contains, including systems, accessories, and communications and entertainment programs. Read articles containing full descriptions for performing key tasks from start to finish. Look up unfamiliar terms in the glossary. Learn the benefits of registering your copy of Windows XP online.
Re: Mod ~ Xp by Neptune(m): 5:10pm On Sep 28, 2007
heres a link to xp modification tools.

http://www.crystalxp.net/galerie/en.rub.2.html

(after all these years abi?)

hitman theme for windows

TrueTransparency is a freeware that changes the windows border adding png support and so true transparency.

xp drive Changes the drive icons shown in Windows "My Computer", to a nearly Vista drive icon

, and lots more

Re: Mod ~ Xp by Neptune(m): 10:56am On Oct 06, 2007
ACTIVICONs
change any icon on your pc.
:freeware

ActivIcons makes it simple to change properties for various icons on your Windows desktop and in Explorer, plus attributes for many other desktop settings. You can save and restore the desktop layout, repair corrupted icons, increase the size of the Windows icon cache to prevent future problems, and much more.

You can substitute your own icons for the standard Windows icons and cursors. In fact, ActivIcons goes through your Registry and lists out all of the icons found there, so that you can change those as well. You can even use ActivIcons to display animated icons on your desktop, or make the icon text labels transparent.

i'll upload icons soon.

its for free.

HOW TO DOWNLOAD

www.kofo.

wait for the download section to come up (spacebox) and click on ACTICN.zip

SIZE

2.20mb (zip file)

Re: Mod ~ Xp by niceuzor: 11:32am On Oct 06, 2007
plz do tell me more i use window vista? cool
Re: Mod ~ Xp by bigrovar(m): 12:08pm On Oct 06, 2007
man u know say i be staff soo i go come your house come carry all them softwares,, grin u doing a good job man, its hi time i give my window some love, i have negleted it for too long, after all na my money i take buy am cheers wink
Re: Mod ~ Xp by Neptune(m): 12:08pm On Oct 06, 2007
ah vista. i don't kno if it'll work on vista but u can try it cos its the latest version. its the full sotware too not a demo.
check the image below, i used it in changing the folder icons in my documents.

Re: Mod ~ Xp by bigrovar(m): 12:20pm On Oct 06, 2007
hmmm that is true o sad , well if it doesnt work on vista i will use it with the xp i virtualised on ubuntu smiley ,
Re: Mod ~ Xp by Neptune(m): 12:45pm On Oct 06, 2007
my chairman (BIGBROVAR) i hail o!
Re: Mod ~ Xp by Ralvy(m): 1:16pm On Oct 06, 2007
Men . .bigbrovar come tu think of it . . . Beryl will be on, and inside a beryl window where u have Windows XP will also have the cube effects . , damn! That'll be crazy . .RAM shuld be considered here . .
Re: Mod ~ Xp by Neptune(m): 1:44pm On Oct 06, 2007
yes ralvy. welcome to the world of WIDOZE where nothing goes without a sacrifice. its either your hard disk or u ram and in most cases both. (it was written).
Re: Mod ~ Xp by Ralvy(m): 2:28pm On Oct 06, 2007
yh yh! WinJunk Freak . .
grin
Re: Mod ~ Xp by Neptune(m): 2:48pm On Oct 06, 2007
come on man, i think its obvious who the FREAK is wink
Re: Mod ~ Xp by Ralvy(m): 2:54pm On Oct 06, 2007
Man, I dnt have Windows installed on ma HDD.
I cant remember the last time I used a Windows Computer.
Re: Mod ~ Xp by Neptune(m): 2:58pm On Oct 06, 2007
I KNOW. i mean, its obvious u dont get what i'm saying. so i'll put it this way, not only WINDOZE 'generates' FREAKS. yh yh!
Re: Mod ~ Xp by Ralvy(m): 3:12pm On Oct 06, 2007
wtf? WinJunk

Re: Mod ~ Xp by Neptune(m): 3:23pm On Oct 06, 2007
ah ah, bros. na so e pain u reach? no cry ehn. e go beta cheesy
Re: Mod ~ Xp by Ralvy(m): 3:34pm On Oct 06, 2007
at all . . . I hate Windoze . .

ma last post
Re: Mod ~ Xp by Neptune(m): 3:42pm On Oct 06, 2007
AWW sad. don't worry, i'm sure windows hates you. cheesy
Re: Mod ~ Xp by Ralvy(m): 3:57pm On Oct 06, 2007
Like I xed . .I no send windows msg. . .mann *8r
Re: Mod ~ Xp by Neptune(m): 4:13pm On Oct 06, 2007
i thought the post b4 this was suppose to b ur last? what happened? anyways, u shuld know by now dt i dont care if u like windows or not i USE windows.
after all na my money i take buy am
Re: Mod ~ Xp by Ralvy(m): 4:25pm On Oct 06, 2007
Man . . .w'sup wyv all the insensitivity??
Are u a kid?
Please I have better things to do angry
Re: Mod ~ Xp by Neptune(m): 4:31pm On Oct 06, 2007
u really did'nt have to reply to my last post. what's there to reply to if one is'nt 'insensitive'.
so i'll rest my case here.

.by the way if u have any downloads useful for us winows folks, dont be afraid to share grin
Re: Mod ~ Xp by Ralvy(m): 4:43pm On Oct 06, 2007
I think ur sick! Are u in Abuja?
I have like 15GB of Windows Apps
Re: Mod ~ Xp by Neptune(m): 4:54pm On Oct 06, 2007
you know its funny why someone that hates windows so much keeps about15gb of WINDOZE apps? i'm sure u keep it just to give to people or for some lame reason. undecided

i know abuja is very cold now and fortunatly i'm not there so according to 'climate study' u should be sick. (i mean very sick)
Re: Mod ~ Xp by bigrovar(m): 9:21pm On Oct 09, 2007
hey guys lets pipe it down una be my friends and am sure all this is bcus of a misunderstanding, Ubuntu is good no doubt , and windows too has its advantages, if not i wont be vitualising it on my Ubuntu, i feel the world would be a better place if we all just get along, and i mean both windows users and linux users soo guys lets bury the hatchet, smiley

(1) (Reply)

Cybercafe Setup And Configuration / Bluetooth In My Hp Laptop Is Not Working / Browsing With Multilinks Land Line Table Phone , How Good Is It ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.