Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,018 members, 7,859,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 04:27 PM

Why Is Rivers State In Darkness? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Rivers State In Darkness? (5499 Views)

Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant / Who Is Rivers State Governor At The Moment? / Why Is Rivers State Sea Port Underutilised While Lagos Suffers From Congestion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Rivers State In Darkness? by bossinie: 10:56am On Oct 01, 2011
Beaf:

I wonder what you winshes and enjoyers of bad news will say when Rivers state has completed its upgrade?
When areas of disagreement have been sorted, una go find anoda place to suck blood sha. . . Because winshes don't like light at all at all! And Rivers will be shining. Lol!
If only your sorry states could be like Rivers!

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=28473:blackout-in-rivers-as-govt-phcn-disagree&catid=1:news&Itemid=2
I have noted with keen dismay that your views are usually out of reality and utterly biased most times.What is wrong in a truthful observation,that for the past 3weeks there have been a near total black-out in Port-harcourt

For a mature and objective mind which is elusive to your kind,what is wrong in notifying us humanely about the current power upgrade in Rivers state But you will always bring unnecessary rivalry sentiments topped with daft comments. angry

Please try to develop a more mature posture to your responses to posts,will do you a lot of good. grin
Re: Why Is Rivers State In Darkness? by Demdem(m): 11:30am On Oct 01, 2011
Rumuodara - still no light.

realchange:

Nigerians are too much in hurry sometines. If power has improved it would take some time to get around.

angry angry angry angry Why didnt it start from my area? angry angry angry
Re: Why Is Rivers State In Darkness? by otokx(m): 11:53am On Oct 01, 2011
thru out august no nepa due to upgrade yet d bill was d same. 3rd week in september it started coming small small, by yesterday 7 hours guaranteed btw 6pm and 6am. This is at the Uniport axis of choba and aluu. Lets see what happens by november.
Re: Why Is Rivers State In Darkness? by nnemak(m): 12:16pm On Oct 01, 2011
Non stop light grin grin grin since the past 3ays after a week of black-out angry!!!
Re: Why Is Rivers State In Darkness? by CHOKOAJ: 12:23pm On Oct 01, 2011
I hear the light NEPA restored is for only the independence day celebration. After today, they will take it back again. I live in Rumigbo, we have not had light for close to a month or more.I run a business that require power 24 7. Am almost closing up. Beaf you are a fool. If they paid you to write what you are writing, you will pay for it soon.
Re: Why Is Rivers State In Darkness? by member479760: 12:35pm On Oct 01, 2011
if white people still dey run us this country for no dey bad like this, those pixels are terrible after 51 yrs.
OP - good job for saying the fact, dont mind those money maker poster on NL, we know dem.
Re: Why Is Rivers State In Darkness? by mallamu: 1:12pm On Oct 01, 2011
It is terribly dark here in Rumuigbo PH. My brother we don tire.
Re: Why Is Rivers State In Darkness? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 01, 2011
anyone living around igwuruta should give me power report.

over here in bc, theres power 22 hrs everyday, and my flat is wasting in p.h. pls give me reason to come back!
Re: Why Is Rivers State In Darkness? by Ajillo: 2:45pm On Oct 01, 2011
From Odili to Amechi, Rivers state never done anything in Obigbo?Oyigbo
Re: Why Is Rivers State In Darkness? by Beaf: 3:16pm On Oct 01, 2011
CHOKOAJ:

I hear the light NEPA restored is for only the independence day celebration. After today, they will take it back again. I live in Rumigbo, we have not had light for close to a month or more.I run a business that require power 24 7. Am almost closing up. Beaf you are a fool. If they paid you to write what you are writing, you will pay for it soon.

You are the fool, sir.
There is no light in your area because there is an upgrade going on. Is that false? I can't understand why people like you are so uncivil.
You have a business to run and I truly sympathise with you, but that does not obviate from the fact that this thread was started for mischievious reasons which I have no regrets in puncturing.
Re: Why Is Rivers State In Darkness? by stagger: 3:18pm On Oct 01, 2011
The problem in Rivers state is not power generation but distribution, as the entire PHCN network of distribution in the state has collapsed. The government is embarking on a project to rebuild the entire distribution network from scratch. It will take one year, so PH and its environs will be sure of almost 24 hours of light as from late 2012.

This is part of why the government took the N250billion bond from GTB and Zenith Bank. Rivers state is fortunate to be able to have 65% of its income available for capital projects, and so has used this as a collateral to embark on ambitious projects like this. Same thing will be done for all outstanding road contracts. So patience is the watchword here.
Re: Why Is Rivers State In Darkness? by Beaf: 3:21pm On Oct 01, 2011
^
My broda, tell dem jare! I can't understand why those who are literate enough want to live by rumour and begin blaming others when the info is right at their doorsteps.

bossinie:

I have noted with keen dismay that your views are usually out of reality and utterly biased most times.What is wrong in a truthful observation,that for the past 3weeks there have been a near total black-out in Port-harcourt

For a mature and objective mind which is elusive to your kind,what is wrong in notifying us humanely about the current power upgrade in Rivers state But you will always bring unnecessary rivalry sentiments topped with daft comments. angry

Please try to develop a more mature posture to your responses to posts,will do you a lot of good. grin

Lol! Internet police!
Read everything I posted very carefully. My posts contain exact reasons and will help you to be more objective about where to direct your anger.

You have no electricity based on faults that have nothing to do with the FG as the OP is trying to insinuate in posts all over NL and 100% to do with your state govt and here you are yapping like a kangaroo. Dude, common sense is not an expensive thing, get some.
Re: Why Is Rivers State In Darkness? by pawa4ul: 3:28pm On Oct 01, 2011
[b]PH is only enjoying the past glory it had when they named it the garden city. The real name for it now should be the bad-road-city, or best of all names for it the NO-LIGHT-CITY. I hate it when people hide under the cloak of others who are doing well to say they are equally doing great.
This darkness was announced Last month and was said that it would last for about 5wks. The residents did not even raise an eye brow to this cos there was no light before the announcement (wetin concern agbero with overload). To our greates dismay, for the past three wks even the area where they manage to have a flash of the light in some days started witnessing total darkness.
In stay in PH (Elekahia to be precise, where the Liberation stadium is loctaed). Ask anybody who knows Elekahia if he/she enjoys public power. The only means of having light is the acquisition of generators. This total darkness thing does not affect us cos we are already in it before now.
The funniest part of it is that the so-called gas turbine in PH is also loacted in the same Elekhahia. What a twist. The area to me is not part of Rivers state, let alone PH.
PH is truly in darkness
.[/b]
Re: Why Is Rivers State In Darkness? by stagger: 3:37pm On Oct 01, 2011
pawa4ul:

[b]PH is only enjoying the past glory it had when they named it the garden city. The real name for it now should be the bad-road-city, or best of all names for it the NO-LIGHT-CITY. I hate it when people hide under the cloak of others who are doing well to say they are equally doing great.
This darkness was announced Last month and was said that it would last for about 5wks. The residents did not even raise an eye brow to this cos there was no light before the announcement (wetin concern agbero with overload). To our greates dismay, for the past three wks even the area where they manage to have a flash of the light in some days started witnessing total darkness.
In stay in PH (Elekahia to be precise, where the Liberation stadium is loctaed). Ask anybody who knows Elekahia if he/she enjoys public power. The only means of having light is the acquisition of generators. This total darkness thing does not affect us cos we are already in it before now.
The funniest part of it is that the so-called gas turbine in PH is also loacted in the same Elekhahia. What a twist. The area to me is not part of Rivers state, let alone PH.
PH is truly in darkness
.[/b]

Please read my previous post and get enlightened about what is happening in your state.
Re: Why Is Rivers State In Darkness? by bossinie: 4:06pm On Oct 01, 2011
Beaf:

Lol! Internet police!
Read everything I posted very carefully. My posts contain exact reasons and will help you to be more objective about where to direct your anger.

You mean like this one below:

[s]I wonder what you winshes and enjoyers of bad news will say when Rivers state has completed its upgrade?[/s]
[s]When areas of disagreement have been sorted, una go find anoda place to suck blood sha. . Because winshes don't like light at all at all![/s]

Be honest to yourself how does the above comment portray your reasoning pattern? Even if it is common it is not meant to be wasted like you are doing.

You have no electricity based on faults that have nothing to do with the FG as the OP is trying to insinuate in posts all over NL and 100% to do with your state govt and here you are yapping like a kangaroo. Dude, common sense is not an expensive thing, get some.

If your comments are based on the common sense available to you because it is CHEAP maybe you should look for the 'EXPENSIVE' un-common sense so that you can make better sense. grin
Like i have always maintained,you are not obligated to reply to any post or comment when you cannot contribute meaningfully to them with common sense,it is always better to apply un-common sense and keep quiet  lipsrsealed learning from more objective, progressive and insightful comments.

That way when you eventually post a comment it becomes an impactful contribution for others to benefit and not just some common sense 'yappings' like your Kangaroo mate. grin
Re: Why Is Rivers State In Darkness? by KoolMaster: 4:52pm On Oct 01, 2011
Shame on the government of Rivers state and how they are collaborating with those natural born thief called PHCN. The worst hit area in Rivers state is Obiwali Road in Rumuigbo. In the last 6 month the total duration of PHCN power is less than 15 hrs. Sincerely that adds up to about 1 hour /week. Efforts to get the business manager for the area (Rumuodumaya) to give reasons for the abysmal performance yielded no result. The most shocking and unforgiving part of it is the constant bill levied on people. A mass protest will soon take place to get the government and the good people of Rivers to listen to the suffering of those living in that dark region of Port-Harcourt.
Re: Why Is Rivers State In Darkness? by stagger: 5:29pm On Oct 01, 2011
KoolMaster:

Shame on the government of Rivers state and how they are collaborating with those natural born thief called PHCN. The worst hit area in Rivers state is Obiwali Road in Rumuigbo. In the last 6 month the total duration of PHCN power is less than 15 hrs. Sincerely that adds up to about 1 hour /week. Efforts to get the business manager for the area (Rumuodumaya) to give reasons for the abysmal performance yielded no result. The most shocking and unforgiving part of it is the constant bill levied on people. A mass protest will soon take place to get the government and the good people of Rivers to listen to the suffering of those living in that dark region of Port-Harcourt.

When you guys on that road were having light for 18 hours every week day before the PHCN office relocated, were you complaining? I beg make we hear word!
Re: Why Is Rivers State In Darkness? by freepeople: 6:29pm On Oct 01, 2011
I travelled to PH on wednesday. Throughout my stay(@ Orazi) from wednesday to my depature this morning, there was no electricity. We do have an average of 12hrs of electicity per day at Enugu. I'm bereft of speech on what I experienced at PH. It's simply terrible
Re: Why Is Rivers State In Darkness? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 01, 2011
If it is only in the last 3 to 6 weeks that we have not seen light I will be a very happy man. I live in the pipeline area of Rumuokwurushi , PHc. I tell you the truth, I lie not- we have not seen light for many many months. we have lost count of the no of months. I moved to this area of PH exactly 1 year ago from Aba during the height kidnapping activities in Aba. The biggest regret has been not having light.
Re: Why Is Rivers State In Darkness? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 01, 2011
If it is only in the last 3 to 6 weeks that we have not seen light I will be a very happy man. I live in the pipeline area of Rumuokwurushi , PHc. I tell you the truth, I lie not- we have not seen light for many many months. we have lost count of the no of months. I moved to this area of PH exactly 1 year ago from Aba during the height kidnapping activities in Aba. The biggest regret has been not having light.
Re: Why Is Rivers State In Darkness? by otokx(m): 5:58am On Oct 02, 2011
The experience is terrible. Some are saying 2 months, others till next year. Other less endowed towns are better off.
Re: Why Is Rivers State In Darkness? by welovethee(m): 8:16am On Oct 02, 2011
I was 'bread', 'buttered' and now work in Rivers State. We had not seen light for approximately
7weeks. We saw light after this prolonged period four days ago.
I cant sat there has been an improvement as promised. But nevertheless, I am happy because
I can at least see light again, no matter how little. smiley
Re: Why Is Rivers State In Darkness? by otokx(m): 12:07am On Oct 03, 2011
Aluu had NEPA for 6hours on Sunday 6pm - 12 midnite and that is as good as it gets.
Re: Why Is Rivers State In Darkness? by 9to5365(m): 12:49am On Oct 03, 2011
Good to hear that the upgrade is coming to an end and most areas are getting power.
Why though did the haters start this thread, seems they feel uncomfortable with the progress made by the state.
Re: Why Is Rivers State In Darkness? by Abuloma80(f): 3:09am On Oct 03, 2011
Rivers State in darkness? Gone are the days when Garden city used to have 24/7 light, both at Borokiri and Abuloma.
"Abuloma my Abuloma" I weep for you, that you could be in this kind of darkness cry cry cry cry cry cry
Ibim Semenitari (Nee Toby) the current information commissioner, was Abuloma83, (the lady in the above youtube).
Judith Ameachi the state's first lady, Abuloma90, not forgotten the one time beauty queen of Naija 2001, Miss Agbeni Darego from Abuloma.
Judith arm twist "Oga" to do something about the darkness, for you Ibim, I "order" you do something to the Garden city and the rest of the state. grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Grammar Is Dead: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon Airs His Opinion On Fuel Subsidy / Tinubu Versus Ibori Who Is Smarter? / Close Your Account With Access Bank – Activist Tasks Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.