Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,982 members, 7,828,479 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Meet Acting CBN Governor, Folashodun Shonubi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet Acting CBN Governor, Folashodun Shonubi (1199 Views)

NNPCL GMD And Acting CBN Governor Visit President Bola Tinubu In Ikoyi / Shonubi Was Appointed Acting CBN Governor Because He Is Yoruba - Deji Adeyanju / Profile Of Folashodun Adebisi Shonubi: Acting CBN Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Meet Acting CBN Governor, Folashodun Shonubi by saintbillion(m): 12:06am On Jun 10, 2023
Folashodun Adebisi Shonubi is now the acting Governor, Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

Shonubi was born on the 7th of March, 1962. He attended the University of Lagos from 1978 to 1983 and obtained a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.

Thereafter he obtained a Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering in 1985 with bias in Production Engineering from the same University.

From 1988-1989 he shifted grounds to Finance and obtained a Masters’ in Business Administration specializing in Finance. He began his working experience as a Consultant Engineer at Mek-ind Associates and worked from 1984 to 1989. From 1989 to 1990, he was a Marketing Executive at Inlaks Computers Limited.

He moved to Citibank Nigeria Limited as Head, Treasury Operations from 1990 to 1993. He joined Agusto & Co. Ltd as a Supervising Consultant from 1993 to 1996 from where he moved to MBC International Limited as Deputy General Manager, Banking Operations & Information Technology from 1999. In 1999, he joined First City Monument Bank (FCMB) Limited as Vice-President, Operations & Information Technology and was there till 2002.

In 2003, he moved from FCMB to Ecobank Nigeria Plc as an Executive Director, Operations & Information Technology and in 2007 he became the Director, Information Technology and Corporate Services, Renaissance Securities Nigeria Limited. He was recruited by Union Bank of Nigeria Limited as an Executive Director, Operations, Technology and Services, September 2009 to April 2012.

He became the Managing Director/CEO, Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System Plc from May 2012 to October 2018. October 2018 to date, Mr. Folashodun is the Deputy Governor, Operations of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) representing the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria on the Board of FIRS since the 9th of December, 2019. He is married with children.

https://punchng.com/folashodun-shonubi-meet-the-cbns-new-acting-governor/

1 Like

Re: Meet Acting CBN Governor, Folashodun Shonubi by saintbillion(m): 12:11am On Jun 10, 2023
No doubt the economy was crumbling. I can beat my hand on my chest that this man is going to be worse than the he goat emiefele. Mechanical Engineering, managing the economy. He will be seeing Nigeria economy like 1999 volvo engine. only in 9ja failed nation. Spit

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Acting CBN Governor, Folashodun Shonubi by Penguin2: 12:16am On Jun 10, 2023
Government of the Yoruba, by the Yoruba and for the Yoruba 😏

2 Likes

Re: Meet Acting CBN Governor, Folashodun Shonubi by jahsharon: 12:17am On Jun 10, 2023
Let's go there.

He is holding forth for Olayemi Cardoso or Olawale Edun.

1 Like

Re: Meet Acting CBN Governor, Folashodun Shonubi by jahsharon: 12:18am On Jun 10, 2023
Penguin2:

Welcome to our government. When you become President, you can appoint all your enemies into position

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Acting CBN Governor, Folashodun Shonubi by saintbillion(m): 12:18am On Jun 10, 2023
Penguin2:
He was the deputy na. He's just an acting cbn Governor for now

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Acting CBN Governor, Folashodun Shonubi by Assignmentw007(m): 12:18am On Jun 10, 2023
This is rubbish

1 Like

Re: Meet Acting CBN Governor, Folashodun Shonubi by OlawaleBammie: 12:19am On Jun 10, 2023
Penguin2:

U can kill ursef if u re not happy with it, no one cares grin grin grin

BTW, pls don't die, we need u around..cus if u die now the number of the oppressed will reduce grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Acting CBN Governor, Folashodun Shonubi by jahsharon: 12:19am On Jun 10, 2023
saintbillion:
No doubt the economy was crumbling. I can beat my hand on my chest that this man is going to be worse than the he goat emiefele. Mechanical Engineering, managing the economy. He will be seeing Nigeria economy like 1999 volvo engine. only in 9ja failed nation. Spit

He is holding forth for Olayemi Cardoso or Olawale Edun until when the new Senate approves one of them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Acting CBN Governor, Folashodun Shonubi by saintbillion(m): 12:19am On Jun 10, 2023
jahsharon:

Welcome to our government. When you become President, you can appoint all your enemies into position
who is the enemy?

Re: Meet Acting CBN Governor, Folashodun Shonubi by saintbillion(m): 12:21am On Jun 10, 2023
jahsharon:

He is holding forth for Olayemi Cardoso or Olawale Edun until when the new Senate approves one of them.
he might be retain ooo. Same thing to emeifele. Omo that guy worse like his president
Re: Meet Acting CBN Governor, Folashodun Shonubi by Felabrity: 12:23am On Jun 10, 2023
Can the gentleman kindly return the naira back to 200/150?

Emefiele deserve to be hanged upside down for 10 years

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Acting CBN Governor, Folashodun Shonubi by saintbillion(m): 12:23am On Jun 10, 2023
OlawaleBammie:

U can kill ursef if u re not happy with it, no one cares grin grin grin

BTW, pls don't die, we need u around..cus if u die now the number of the oppressed will reduce grin
Lol. But he's saying the truth say. Why appoint an engineer close to cbn? Even emeifele wasn't even qualified. Someone who studied finance.
Re: Meet Acting CBN Governor, Folashodun Shonubi by saintbillion(m): 12:24am On Jun 10, 2023
Felabrity:
Can the gentleman kindly turn the naira back to 200/150?
I bet u he can never. Such a man can't implement any policy to boom the economy. As for emeifele he deserves to be hung, flock the hung again grin grin

Re: Meet Acting CBN Governor, Folashodun Shonubi by OlawaleBammie: 12:27am On Jun 10, 2023
saintbillion:
Lol. But he's saying the truth say. Why appoint an engineer close to cbn? Even emeifele wasn't even qualified. Someone who studied finance.

That man is not staying there for long, u re learned unless u prove otherwise...

If a principal Is sacked, the next to take the seat momentarily is the second in command before u prepare a rightful person for the seat..or am I lying??

1 Like

Re: Meet Acting CBN Governor, Folashodun Shonubi by ArewaQuitessenc: 12:29am On Jun 10, 2023
At least yorubas have now turned Nigeria into their yorubatocracy, let nobody blame Fulani for the woes of Nigeria if this one fails to deliver, Buhari is no longer president so Fulani can finally get some break.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Acting CBN Governor, Folashodun Shonubi by rummmy: 12:42am On Jun 10, 2023
Another Yoruba man?
Okooo.
Re: Meet Acting CBN Governor, Folashodun Shonubi by Gracie135(f): 12:44am On Jun 10, 2023
Nice
Re: Meet Acting CBN Governor, Folashodun Shonubi by JaneYave(f): 1:19am On Jun 10, 2023
Congratulations to him. An diversified Engr is admirable.There is no limitation in life except the one imposed by the mind.

1 Like

Re: Meet Acting CBN Governor, Folashodun Shonubi by richie240: 1:22am On Jun 10, 2023
Sometimes I just chuckle at ur ignorance as obidients.
So u nor know say after the cbn president don 'kpoof', na d deputy den go promote as 'acting cbn president'?

Ndi-obigots sef.
cool
Penguin2:

Re: Meet Acting CBN Governor, Folashodun Shonubi by Firecolos: 1:23am On Jun 10, 2023
Tinubu appointments should reflect rays of Buhari's Nepotistic and tribalistic bad blood. Yorubas should occupy key places. I'm not Westerner but I want to see immediate reaction of core northerners... However, I'm afraid Tinubu has no balls to bring that to play. Perhaps no heart to treat others unequal.

In other news: I'm actively buying LinkedIn accounts.. got any? Whats..App zero 7 zero 36 19 61 eight
Re: Meet Acting CBN Governor, Folashodun Shonubi by iammo(m): 1:38am On Jun 10, 2023
This one sef looks wicked

Abeg Senate should be fast with inuaguration we need new CBN Gov
Re: Meet Acting CBN Governor, Folashodun Shonubi by seeyounow3: 1:41am On Jun 10, 2023
this picture is that of an hausa man
Re: Meet Acting CBN Governor, Folashodun Shonubi by DGOODLYF: 1:53am On Jun 10, 2023
No wahala....8 years go soon reach
Re: Meet Acting CBN Governor, Folashodun Shonubi by bentenny(m): 1:55am On Jun 10, 2023
saintbillion:
grin grin
Re: Meet Acting CBN Governor, Folashodun Shonubi by AfonjaScud: 2:16am On Jun 10, 2023
saintbillion:

You must be a bad reader m
Re: Meet Acting CBN Governor, Folashodun Shonubi by OkayDaddy: 5:18am On Jun 10, 2023
Penguin2:

Tinubu as Governor appointed Ben Nwabueze as Commissioner for Budget. Joe Igbokwe was APC spokesperson.
Nasir Elrufai appointed Igbos that I know and Yorubas while he was Governor.
Sanwo appointed someone from Katsina as Commissioner in Lagos.
Sanwo appointed someone from Delta as Commissioner in Lagos.

Mention 1 single Yoruba or Northerner appointed in the 5 Igbo states since 1999 till date.

Yet, you Igbos are the ones accusing others of tribalism.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Acting CBN Governor, Folashodun Shonubi by Mynd44: 5:47am On Jun 10, 2023

(1)

The Lady That Dance With Omah Lay On Stage Apologize To The Public (video) / Fashola Speaking Almost Like Our President(video) / Nigerians, How Would You Like To See This Bad Boy In your Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.