Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,485 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Cable TV Into An ATSC Tuner? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Cable TV Into An ATSC Tuner? (268 Views)

Red Head, Kino Flo And Fire Wire Cable For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cable TV Into An ATSC Tuner? by jackaustin631: 7:36am On Jun 10, 2023
Can a "Cable TV" signal be converted to something that can be tuned by an ATSC OTA tuner?

I have a TV where there is no room for a converter box, and nobody (apparently) makes a TV below 26" (I only have room for a smaller TV in this location) which is Digital Cable Ready (DTC, ie. CableCard). What I was thinking is to put the cable box downstairs in the "wiring closet", control it with an IR repeater (using the coax cable itself as the wire connecting the IR receiver to the emitter), then connect the cable box to the TV over the coax cable. But how would I "tune" that channel on the TV? I don't want to downconvert to NTSC (SD), but keep the signal as an ATSC (HD) signal.

In short, can I connect an HD cable box to an HDTV over coax and transmit an HD signal?
Re: Cable TV Into An ATSC Tuner? by jackaustin631: 7:36am On Jun 10, 2023
jackaustin631:
Can a "Cable TV" signal be converted to something that can be tuned by an ATSC OTA tuner?

I have a TV where there is no room for a converter box, and nobody (apparently) makes a TV below 26" (I only have room for a smaller TV in this location) which is Digital Cable Ready (DTC, ie. CableCard). What I was thinking is to put the cable box downstairs in the "wiring closet", control it with an IR repeater (using the coax cable itself as the wire connecting the IR receiver to the emitter), then connect the cable box to the TV over the coax cable. But how would I "tune" that channel on the Cable TV services? I don't want to downconvert to NTSC (SD), but keep the signal as an ATSC (HD) signal.

In short, can I connect an HD cable box to an HDTV over coax and transmit an HD signal?
thanks in advance for any help
Re: Cable TV Into An ATSC Tuner? by Autopoly: 8:43am On Jan 16
Well, based on the topic above , can we discuss privately. I just sent an e-mail to you

(1) (Reply)

I Made This Video For Patricia Influencer Challenge / Graphics Designer / 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.