Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,388 members, 7,812,147 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

The House You Build To Live In Is A Liability Not An Asset - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The House You Build To Live In Is A Liability Not An Asset (591 Views)

Is It Better To Build The House You Live In Or To Rent? / List Of Website Types We Can Build To Help You Earn Money Online Doing Nothing / For Your Company Registration (business Name, Ltd Liability & Not For Profit) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The House You Build To Live In Is A Liability Not An Asset by sholay4star: 10:18am On Jun 10, 2023
I know many of you will think that I don't know what I'm saying as I've said it before but coming across this gentleman's video reignited me to bring up this issue again as many are currently stranded in the middle of a project because they couldn't complete it.

Another fact is that many people are pressures into building a house when they truly have no plan for such but they do so because everyone is doing it.

Make we just watch this guy talk and let's jam for the comment session.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mupzJp5wdBE

Re: The House You Build To Live In Is A Liability Not An Asset by saintopus(m): 10:23am On Jun 10, 2023
What are you saying?

You are a landlord of a duplex in VGC or Banana Island in Lagos and go and rent a room in Gbagada or Shomolu?
Re: The House You Build To Live In Is A Liability Not An Asset by leroi01(m): 10:34am On Jun 10, 2023
A lot of mentally unbalanced folks on this forum.
Re: The House You Build To Live In Is A Liability Not An Asset by MrBroke(m): 10:40am On Jun 10, 2023
True in some way false in another
Re: The House You Build To Live In Is A Liability Not An Asset by sholay4star: 12:33pm On Jun 10, 2023
MrBroke:
True in some way false in another

You're right.
Re: The House You Build To Live In Is A Liability Not An Asset by sholay4star: 12:35pm On Jun 10, 2023
leroi01:
A lot of mentally unbalanced folks on this forum.
You won't admit you're one of them until you admit your brokeness, take this👨‍🔧
Re: The House You Build To Live In Is A Liability Not An Asset by sholay4star: 12:37pm On Jun 10, 2023
saintopus:
What are you saying?

You are a landlord of a duplex in VGC or Banana Island in Lagos and go and rent a room in Gbagada or Shomolu?

You cannot see the wider scope. VGC in BI is not always the first building of those people and some of these people had inherited asset. Small money first enter your hand, you dey think of duplex in VGC?
Re: The House You Build To Live In Is A Liability Not An Asset by saintopus(m): 12:43pm On Jun 10, 2023
sholay4star:

You cannot see the wider scope. VGC in BI is not always the first building of those people and some of these people had inherited asset. Small money first enter your hand, you dey think of duplex in VGC?

Based on your topic Sir
Re: The House You Build To Live In Is A Liability Not An Asset by josielewa(m): 12:53pm On Jun 10, 2023
The guy is right. Most people don't understand how money works. I can never build a house for rentage, instead I will build a very spacious and well decorated event centre.

From the above, let's say total cost for both is 40 million naira...
house is 4 block of 3 bedroom flat.

House rent on the average is 500k yearly using the standard in my area totalling a sum of 2million naira on annual rent...

Event centre charges between 250k to 400k depending on spacing and beautification...let say out of 52 weeks a year, you get patronage for for 30 weeks.. that is 300k average multiplied by 30 weeks...9 million naira annually....

Building depreciate over the years, as building is not an appreciable asset...wear and tear will still be deducted incase you are renovating the house for new tenants...

In both cases, the land is the only appreciable asset not the structure on the land....

The event centre has minimal wear and tear because it's just a big auditorium...not much interior designs...

So the event centre Is more profitable and sensible

3 Likes

Re: The House You Build To Live In Is A Liability Not An Asset by josielewa(m): 1:05pm On Jun 10, 2023
Another money scenario (real life)

Mr A and B got retired around 2006 with a gratuity of 35 million naira each...

Mr A used the privilege in obtaining petrol and gas station permit franchise with conoil in looking real life matters

Mr B built 10 blocks of 3 bedroom flats in lekki...

From the above matter, the rate of turnover of the oil and gas sold will determine the profit made by Mr A, while Mr B profit is fixed for the year..

I can even build ashawo quarters of like 40 rooms with 3k daily returns on each room in same lekki...40x3k is 120k daily x 25 days is 3million naira monthly x 12 is 36 million...meanwhile normal house will never give you 36 million naira yearly...

Money that is meant to start a mini factory will be used in building big houses that will end up being locked up because nobody is staying there.. all over Abuja, you will see them even in south east...

let me tell you all a real truth..money generated over the useful life of the building can never be the same as the amount of money spent in building that same structure in most cases because inflation will eat deep into the rent, you can only meet at equilibrium or a bit above equilibrium except in few exempted areas like lekki etc...

2 Likes

Re: The House You Build To Live In Is A Liability Not An Asset by leroi01(m): 1:27pm On Jun 10, 2023
sholay4star:

You won't admit you're one of them until you admit your brokeness, take this👨‍🔧

Your response proves my point.

Visit a psychiatrist and while you are at it, stop trying to scam people of their hard earned money
Re: The House You Build To Live In Is A Liability Not An Asset by sholay4star: 1:42pm On Jun 10, 2023
leroi01:

Your response proves my point.

Visit a psychiatrist and while you are at it, [s]stop trying to scam people of their hard earned money[/s]

At least you're sick enough not to understand the discussion under context else the quoted.
Re: The House You Build To Live In Is A Liability Not An Asset by sholay4star: 1:43pm On Jun 10, 2023
josielewa:

Mr A used the privilege in obtaining petrol and gas station permit franchise with conoil in looking real life matters

From the above matter, the rate of turnover of the oil and gas sold will determine the profit made by Mr A, while Mr B profit is fixed for the year..

I can even build ashawo quarters of like 40 rooms with 3k daily returns on each room in same lekki...40x3k is 120k daily x 25 days is 3million naira monthly x 12 is 36 million...meanwhile normal house will never give you 36 million naira yearly...

Money that is meant to start a mini factory will be used in building big houses that will end up being locked up because nobody is staying there.. all over Abuja, you will see them even in south east...

let me tell you all a real truth..money generated over the useful life of the building can never be the same as the amount of money spent in building that same structure in most cases because inflation will eat deep into the rent, you can only meet at equilibrium or a bit above equilibrium except in few exempted areas like lekki etc...

Oil dey your head bro.

1 Like

Re: The House You Build To Live In Is A Liability Not An Asset by bdon123(m): 3:00am On Jun 11, 2023
Yeah true.bt thats if u dnt hav a stable income.i hav a house n still hav stable income to further invest so no lele
Re: The House You Build To Live In Is A Liability Not An Asset by ahiboilandgas: 7:04am On Jun 11, 2023
josielewa:

the 36m is projected gross income! You pay of generator,ekcttricty , employee, maintenance,police, and other associated cost then their are days ashawo will not pay or hotel scanty. There are low patronage time .with all this expenses you might end up with only 6m annually.
Re: The House You Build To Live In Is A Liability Not An Asset by Willie2015: 11:38am On Jul 19, 2023
josielewa:

omg

Each investment class has its own merits and demerits...

Bizness can collapse as a result of so many factors....
Ranging from govt regulation, unfavorable biz environs etc...
Despite the rate of t/o and profit...

Building gives you a yearly income that you can plough into other ventures...
A year rent of N36m can be used to start a bizness and stabilize a bizness over a period of time...

Balance is the key...Have some estate and have a bizness...
Re: The House You Build To Live In Is A Liability Not An Asset by Guestlander: 12:58pm On Jul 19, 2023
josielewa:

You made a lot of sense.

(1) (Reply)

Sanusi Implementing A Northern Agenda / Credit Card / How To Trade Penny Stocks 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.