Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,314 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

Nigeria Customs To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Customs To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling (40099 Views)

Customs Officer Who Exposed Petrol Smuggling Business Still In Detention / Customs Detains Owombo Segun John For Exposing Booming Petrol Smuggling Business / Bandits Capture Nigerian Military Base In Zamfara, Kill 12 Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Customs To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling by iwaeda: 1:10pm On Jun 10, 2023
The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) has summoned 12 personnel to its headquarters in Abuja for interrogation over their alleged role in the smuggling of refined petroleum products, especially the Premium Motor Spirit (PMS), otherwise called petrol, to Cameroon, Chad, Niger Republic and other African countries.

According to the letter dated June 8, obtained by SaharaReporters and titled, Invitation to report at Customs Police Headquarters” the NCS said, “Sequel to an ongoing investigation directed by the CGC, the under-listed officers are requested to report at the CPU Headquarters on the 13th of June by 1100hours unfailingly.”

The summoned officers are; CSC G Almu, DSC GI Kadiri, ASC 1 UT Abdulhamid, ASC 1 HO Ibraheem, ASC 1 AI Hassan, ASC 11 S Magaji, ASC 11 Bashir I, IC Jalo A (OPS), AIC Usman H, AIC Igbo VP, AIC Ikpeme GM, AIC Garba S, AIC Nwumfe F, and CA Ismaila A.

The letter was signed by BS Sani, for the NCS CC, Police.

INVITATION TO REPORT AT CUSTOMS POLICE HEADQUARTERS

SaharaReporters had last year reported that Segun John Owombo, a Superintendent of Customs (SC) in a video, exposed that some of the NCS personnel together with smugglers stole the country’s refined petrol to neighbouring countries.

SaharaReporters had also reported that Owombo was arrested after releasing the video in which he narrated how the smugglers at the Malabo Checkpoint on Belel Road, Adamawa State, were freed by his superiors.

In November, SaharaReporters reported how Owombo was transported to Abuja from Adamawa State to meet with the Comptroller General of Customs while in detention.
SaharaReporters had also reported that Owombo was set to undergo certain tests while in detention.

On the latest development about the 12 personnel being summoned to Abuja, Owombo who is still in detention in Abuja made another video.

Speaking in Yoruba in the video on Saturday, Owombo said, “All the officers at the Checkpoint have been summoned to report to Abuja. As they are going to Abuja, I want all Nigerians to watch out because their escapades one by one will be exposed – particularly, Controller Jalo and one Garba. There is also an OC Liaison, Adamu, he threatened to kill me with a gun; his name is not on the list, but he is also involved.

“I have evidence against all of them. And I am ready to expose them. All Nigerian clerics, please pray for me. Nigeria will be great again. I appreciate my Comptroller-General of Nigerian Customs Service, Col Hammed Ali (retd.).”

SaharaReporters had in April reported that Owombo spent five months in detention.

Owombo was being detained by the Nigerian Customs Service (NCS) despite medical documents indicating that he was suffering from kidney disease.

In November, SaharaReporters reported how Owombo was transported to Abuja from Adamawa State to meet with the Comptroller General of Customs while in detention.

SaharaReporters had also reported that Owombo was set to undergo certain tests while in detention.

According to the results of psychiatric test performed at Karu General Hospital in Abuja and obtained by SaharaReporters, history, mental status examination and physical examination carried out at presentation revealed the custom official has no obvious abnormalities.

“The above named is a staff of your organization who presented in the company of his colleague in our facility on the 6th December, 2022 for Psychological Assessment on account of undue suspicion of his colleagues,” the report addressed to the Comptroller General of Custom read.

“History, Mental Status Examination and Physical Examination carried out at presentation revealed no obvious abnormalities, however the Psychological Test administer on him which includes Symptom Checklist - SCL90 and Eyensick Personality-EPQ revealed Paranoid Ideation, Interpersonal Sensitivity and Obsessive Compulsive thought based on his scare in the symptom checklist.

“He is therefore recommended for both Medical treatment and Psychological intervention.”

https://saharareporters.com/2023/06/10/exclusive-nigeria-customs-service-grill-12-officers-allegedly-involved-petrol-smuggling

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria Customs To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling by tolue42(m): 1:19pm On Jun 10, 2023
Tinubu the civilian general!

Loving this man the more...

219 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Nigeria Customs To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling by GeneralPula: 1:46pm On Jun 10, 2023
Mehn..

Lord knows how long they’ve been running this illegal trade..

153 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Nigeria Customs To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling by GOFRONT(m): 1:50pm On Jun 10, 2023
Ghen ghen!!!

Their own don done.

77 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigeria Customs To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling by iwaeda: 2:41pm On Jun 10, 2023
Justt 12, Nlfpmod, out all the Customs. grin grin angry angry grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Customs To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling by Donjazet2: 6:16pm On Jun 10, 2023
All nigerians should be fully aware that many of the pro APC \tinubu accounts you see here are not casual users and commenters like you and I but a coordinated sophisticated propaganda network that employs people to parrot the party's talking points and attack the opposition.

Don't fall prey to the APC's propaganda. Don't let them use your head and influence your opinions.

I don't know why more people don't highlight this.

Once you see accounts of seunmssg, parachokoo, ilegendheroo, know that these are not casual users but paid propagandists with multiple accounts used to generate "likes" corresponding to similar likes on pro-obi posts.

Use your head.

83 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Nigeria Customs To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling by exstreve: 6:16pm On Jun 10, 2023
Tinubu is working, God bless Nigeria

111 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Nigeria Customs To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling by omoadeleye(m): 6:16pm On Jun 10, 2023
Nice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Customs To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling by Judolisco(m): 6:16pm On Jun 10, 2023
Immunity no dey 4 una again

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Customs To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling by Hndrrxxx(m): 6:17pm On Jun 10, 2023
Good

This is what Buhari cannot summon the courage to do

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Customs To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling by MorolayoVictor(m): 6:17pm On Jun 10, 2023
Lol
Re: Nigeria Customs To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling by Fenderfx51: 6:17pm On Jun 10, 2023
In khaled voice” Another One “

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Customs To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling by Strongdickfresh: 6:17pm On Jun 10, 2023
Honestly, Tinubu is a million times better and smarter than Buhari.

I'm beginning to love Tinubu ♥️

94 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigeria Customs To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling by seunlayi(m): 6:17pm On Jun 10, 2023

the whole rank and file of NCS should be lined up for this Grill.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Customs To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling by nairalanda1(m): 6:17pm On Jun 10, 2023
Now that the thing is no longer lucrative, action is being taken.

Such a disgrace really.

I mean, why now? Why not 2 or even 5 years earlier?

Anyway, they still should be prosecuted. Saboteurs the lot of them

16 Likes

Re: Nigeria Customs To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling by ManWater: 6:17pm On Jun 10, 2023
Hand them over to that our NL griller. cheesy
Next to be grilled should be bribe-taking police officers.
Re: Nigeria Customs To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling by sexyking1: 6:17pm On Jun 10, 2023
This is a northern case! Ife a bu ikpe ndi ugwu.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling by TheBTCinvestor: 6:17pm On Jun 10, 2023
Re: Nigeria Customs To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling by henryadex(m): 6:17pm On Jun 10, 2023
Trouble for those troubling this nation

15 Likes

Re: Nigeria Customs To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling by Lovenorth: 6:18pm On Jun 10, 2023
They should be dismissed with immediate effect

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Customs To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling by Angelfrost(m): 6:18pm On Jun 10, 2023
Average Nigerians find it hard to resist crime!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Customs To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling by uchaymart(m): 6:18pm On Jun 10, 2023
If you believe this sh*t, I'm sorry for you.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Customs To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling by opera1(m): 6:18pm On Jun 10, 2023
I knew they are all going to be northerners

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Customs To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling by SLOVFO(m): 6:19pm On Jun 10, 2023
exstreve:
Tinubu is working, God bless Nigeria
grin
I thought you guys job ended after the presidential elections? Your paymaster is indeed loaded with cash grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling by Kingosytex(m): 6:19pm On Jun 10, 2023
henryadex:
Trouble for those troubling this nation

Those grilling them might not be innocent of the same crime but someone must be grilled. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 10, 2023
Mmm. Seems everyone is sitting right with this administration. More of this and please tinubu should make sure they are well prosecuted if found guilty.This will make every agency thinks right.
He should not be like buhari that initially started well with good scent that later turned to body odour.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Customs To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling by seunlayi(m): 6:20pm On Jun 10, 2023

96% of NCS officers who have served at one time or the other at our Borders ARE CORRUPT.

DO YOU AGREE?

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Customs To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling by NGArmyTerrorist: 6:20pm On Jun 10, 2023
Thieves! Zoo thieves! More stealings will take place, it is from the foundation of the country; stealing never ends instead it will start fighting back.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling by Tenumootito: 6:20pm On Jun 10, 2023
I will keep saying this, Nigerians are Nigeria problem. 99.99% of this country citizens place money, personal gain, selfish desire above collective nation building and growth.
The removal subsidy had crippled people, the real volume of petrol Nigeria consumes daily is not up to quoted volumes.
Why are we doing this to ourselves??

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Customs To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling by erai30(m): 6:21pm On Jun 10, 2023
I hope this is not just persecution on social media, but they will be made to face the full wrath of the law.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jones Fayose Flies In From Canada To Welcome Atiku In Ekiti. Photos / Rerun: We’ve Done Our Calculation Well, Tinubu Won’t Be On Ballot, LP Claims / Tribunal Delivering Judgement When Tinubu Won’t Be In The Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.