Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,804 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

How To Play PS2 Games On Your Smartphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Play PS2 Games On Your Smartphone (2250 Views)

The Best Efootball Mobile Alternative: How To Play PS2 PES On Your Android / 6 Ways You Are Unintentionally Destroying Your Smartphone / Your Smartphone Case Is Killing You And Your Device. See How. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Play PS2 Games On Your Smartphone by atheistandproud(m): 5:26pm On Jun 10, 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Play PS2 Games On Your Smartphone by atheistandproud(m): 8:24pm On Jun 15, 2023
If you missed the video I posted, this is the text. It includes some stuff I left out in the video like:

1. Where to find PS2 games safely
2. How to set up AetherSX2 if you don't have a super powerful phone.

https://inquisitiveuniverse.com/2023/06/15/aethersx2-emulator-how-to-play-ps2-games-on-android/

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: How To Play PS2 Games On Your Smartphone by wahalaO(m): 4:49am On Jun 23, 2023
Shabi this will work on my Itel P38? I no wan use the phone boil soup o grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Play PS2 Games On Your Smartphone by atheistandproud(m): 9:44am On Jun 23, 2023
wahalaO:
Shabi this will work on my Itel P38? I no wan use the phone boil soup o grin

No.

Please use the PlayStation 1 Emulator called Duckstation or PSP emulator called PPSSPP
Re: How To Play PS2 Games On Your Smartphone by atheistandproud(m): 9:45am On Jun 23, 2023
If you use an entry level phone, consider using the PlayStation 1 Emulator

https://www.nairaland.com/7713880/how-run-ps-1-games
Re: How To Play PS2 Games On Your Smartphone by Stellar360(m): 10:20am On Jun 23, 2023
atheistandproud:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd7557M99Ws

Hey man, i know this is unrelated, but i need you to review Itel's S23.
Wonder what those blokes are currently up to.

Heard it's got crazy specs tho.
Re: How To Play PS2 Games On Your Smartphone by wahalaO(m): 2:03pm On Jun 23, 2023
Stellar360:

Marketers be advertising it's 8+(8GB Virtual Ram) as 16GB and be comparing to upper midrangers. I haven't seen the SoC though. Hmm.
Re: How To Play PS2 Games On Your Smartphone by wahalaO(m): 2:04pm On Jun 23, 2023
atheistandproud:
If you use an entry level phone, consider using the PlayStation 1 Emulator

https://www.nairaland.com/7713880/how-run-ps-1-games

I've been using PPSSPP for a while now, e no too dey lag for my phone unless I mess around with the settings too much
Re: How To Play PS2 Games On Your Smartphone by hotplate: 4:36pm On Jun 23, 2023
atheistandproud:

No.

Please use the PlayStation 1 Emulator called Duckstation or PSP emulator called PPSSPP
What of on redmi 9?
Re: How To Play PS2 Games On Your Smartphone by atheistandproud(m): 4:58pm On Jun 23, 2023
hotplate:
What of on redmi 9?

Redmi 9 would run Playstation 1 and PPSSPP games fine. However, PS 2 games is not for it. Helio G35 is not powerful enough.

Google "Top 100 Smartphone SoCs 2023". Just copy paste it into Google. My website is top spot there, enter and tell me where you'll find the G35.
Re: How To Play PS2 Games On Your Smartphone by mrnigeria0: 4:59pm On Jun 23, 2023
atheistandproud:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd7557M99Ws
where can i download compressed ps2 game?

1 Like

Re: How To Play PS2 Games On Your Smartphone by Abbeytoy(m): 5:35pm On Jun 23, 2023
atheistandproud:

Redmi 9 would run Playstation 1 and PPSSPP games fine. However, PS 2 games is not for it. Helio G35 is not powerful enough.

Google "Top 100 Smartphone SoCs 2023". Just copy paste it into Google. My website is top spot there, enter and tell me where you'll find the G35.

What of Redmi note 11?
Re: How To Play PS2 Games On Your Smartphone by atheistandproud(m): 5:50pm On Jun 23, 2023
mrnigeria0:
where can i download compressed ps2 game?

Please follow the link to my website. Under How to set up AetherSX2 emulator, see step 5

It's right there

Re: How To Play PS2 Games On Your Smartphone by atheistandproud(m): 5:52pm On Jun 23, 2023
Stellar360:

Will do
Re: How To Play PS2 Games On Your Smartphone by atheistandproud(m): 5:55pm On Jun 23, 2023
Abbeytoy:

What of Redmi note 11?

Redmi Note 11 will run the emulator but it's not all game that it'll run well. I explained it in the video na.

The Redmi Note 11 has the Snapdragon 680 on board with:

CPU:
4 Cortex A73 CPUs
4 Cortex A53 CPUs
GPU:
Adreno 610
Memory:
4GB

These are like the very minimum requirements that can run the AetherSX2 emulator. Since it's the minimum requirements, you cannot expect all the games to play.

Please don't make me re-explain myself. That's why I made the video.
Re: How To Play PS2 Games On Your Smartphone by Abbeytoy(m): 6:57pm On Jun 23, 2023
atheistandproud:

Redmi Note 11 will run the emulator but it's not all game that it'll run well. I explained it in the video na.

The Redmi Note 11 has the Snapdragon 680 on board with:

CPU:
4 Cortex A73 CPUs
4 Cortex A53 CPUs
GPU:
Adreno 610
Memory:
4GB

These are like the very minimum requirements that can run the AetherSX2 emulator. Since it's the minimum requirements, you cannot expect all the games to play.

Please don't make me re-explain myself. That's why I made the video.

Na only soccer I dey play
Re: How To Play PS2 Games On Your Smartphone by atheistandproud(m): 6:59pm On Jun 23, 2023
Abbeytoy:

Na only soccer I dey play

Soccer would run very fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6_c5PnIHOU

Above is the Redmi 12C with Helio G85 running the PES 2013 via the emulator (see the video). The RN12 would do it just as well if not even better.

There's Mods for PES (PS2), up to 2022 but I haven't found a good download link yet.
Re: How To Play PS2 Games On Your Smartphone by Stellar360(m): 7:36pm On Jun 23, 2023
wahalaO:

Marketers be advertising it's 8+(8GB Virtual Ram) as 16GB and be comparing to upper midrangers. I haven't seen the SoC though. Hmm.

I think it uses a 12nm Chip, need to verify tho.

1 Like

Re: How To Play PS2 Games On Your Smartphone by Viiictor10(m): 9:06pm On Jun 23, 2023
atheistandproud:

Redmi 9 uses Mediatek Helio G80 not Helio G35, I think it will also struggle with most games and will play few on low settings
Re: How To Play PS2 Games On Your Smartphone by Iamhenry96(m): 9:15pm On Jun 23, 2023
Great work guys 👏🏽
This might be unrelated but..
eFootball 2023 mobile or the PS2 emulator football game 🎮, which is better? 🤔

1 Like

Re: How To Play PS2 Games On Your Smartphone by atheistandproud(m): 9:28pm On Jun 23, 2023
Viiictor10:

Redmi 9 uses Mediatek Helio G80 not Helio G35, I think it will also struggle with most games and will play few on low settings

My mind dey go 9C.

I'm so sorry.

But as a 32-bit phone, it will struggle unfortunately.
Re: How To Play PS2 Games On Your Smartphone by atheistandproud(m): 9:48pm On Jun 23, 2023
Iamhenry96:
Great work guys 👏🏽

This might be unrelated but..

eFootball 2023 mobile or the PS2 emulator football game 🎮, which is better? 🤔

Depends on you.

eFootball mobile has newer graphics, latest team rosters, online game play, new jerseys and better gameplay.

But it's also a despicable and incomplete game with scripting, pay to win model, terrible servers, a horrible player base and pavlovian antics.

PS2 on the other hand is offline and outdated but it is the complete game with all the modes such as exhibition, champions league, master league, World Cup etc. If you can find modded versions, there's PES 2022 for PS 2 but it's a mod. That will give you the latest teams and jerseys.
Re: How To Play PS2 Games On Your Smartphone by Iamhenry96(m): 9:42pm On Jun 25, 2023
atheistandproud:

Depends on you.

eFootball mobile has newer graphics, latest team rosters, online game play, new jerseys and better gameplay.

But it's also a despicable and incomplete game with scripting, pay to win model, terrible servers, a horrible player base and pavlovian antics.

PS2 on the other hand is offline and outdated but it is the complete game with all the modes such as exhibition, champions league, master league, World Cup etc. If you can find modded versions, there's PES 2022 for PS 2 but it's a mod. That will give you the latest teams and jerseys.

Very well then

Thanks for the clarification 🙌🏽
Re: How To Play PS2 Games On Your Smartphone by mrnigeria0: 5:47pm On Jun 26, 2023
atheistandproud:

Please follow the link to my website. Under How to set up AetherSX2 emulator, see step 5

It's right there
but you have not answered my question
Re: How To Play PS2 Games On Your Smartphone by atheistandproud(m): 7:52pm On Jun 26, 2023
mrnigeria0:
but you have not answered my question

Follow the instructions and you'll find the link to download compressed PS2 games.

atheistandproud:
If you missed the video I posted, this is the text. It includes some stuff I left out in the video like:

1. Where to find PS2 games safely
2. How to set up AetherSX2 if you don't have a super powerful phone.

https://inquisitiveuniverse.com/2023/06/15/aethersx2-emulator-how-to-play-ps2-games-on-android/

Cheers

See the link there

atheistandproud:

It's right there

See instructions here.
Re: How To Play PS2 Games On Your Smartphone by mrnigeria0: 5:40pm On Jun 28, 2023
atheistandproud:

Follow the instructions and you'll find the link to download compressed PS2 games.

See the link there

See instructions here.
bro you wicked there is nothing compressed about all the games
Re: How To Play PS2 Games On Your Smartphone by atheistandproud(m): 5:45pm On Jun 28, 2023
mrnigeria0:
bro you wicked there is nothing compressed about all the games

I wonder what you'll say when you decompress a game like The SIMS and see this...

Re: How To Play PS2 Games On Your Smartphone by mrnigeria0: 5:48pm On Jun 28, 2023
atheistandproud:

I wonder what you'll say when you decompress a game like The SIMS and see this...
bro decompressing is not the issue.see file of 2gb,1gb where data dey to download am?
Re: How To Play PS2 Games On Your Smartphone by atheistandproud(m): 5:54pm On Jun 28, 2023
mrnigeria0:
bro decompressing is not the issue.see file of 2gb,1gb where data dey to download am?

You never ready be that na grin grin grin

God of War 2 is 5GB. When you decompress ehn, hehehe.

PS2 games are actually okay.

I am currently downloading The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Nintendo Switch for 14GB so I can make a YouTube video. When you suffer do all this one, people for Nairaland go dey do "la click la bend". Lol.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Play PS2 Games On Your Smartphone by mrnigeria0: 7:11pm On Jun 28, 2023
atheistandproud:

You never ready be that na grin grin grin

God of War 2 is 5GB. When you decompress ehn, hehehe.

PS2 games are actually okay.

I am currently downloading The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Nintendo Switch for 14GB so I can make a YouTube video. When you suffer do all this one, people for Nairaland go dey do "la click la bend". Lol.
oga you know road you know road be that I have god of war 2 which I downloaded 500mb but the site don't have more games
Re: How To Play PS2 Games On Your Smartphone by atheistandproud(m): 8:33pm On Jun 28, 2023
mrnigeria0:
oga you know road you know road be that I have god of war 2 which I downloaded 500mb but the site don't have more games

Screen shot the God of War 2 lemme see

These are 4 different images from 4 different websites

Re: How To Play PS2 Games On Your Smartphone by mrnigeria0: 9:17pm On Jun 28, 2023
atheistandproud:

Screen shot the God of War 2 lemme see

These are 4 different images from 4 different websites
see am

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help! Need A Proxy File For Zain For Nokia S40 / Help On Gionee Ctrl V4 Stuck On Booting Logo / Crisis Action Online Generator Resource

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.