Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,648 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Press Statement- June 2023 Judgement Against The Efcc - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Press Statement- June 2023 Judgement Against The Efcc (181 Views)

Today Is 13th Of June,my Web Development Journey / Programming Learning Challenge June. / Self Taught Journey {8 Weeks Goal} April 13 -june 7 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Press Statement- June 2023 Judgement Against The Efcc by andrewakpan01: 8:59pm On Jun 10, 2023
PRESS STATEMENT- JUNE 2023

JUDGEMENT AGAINST THE ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIMES COMMISSION FOR ILLEGALLY FREEZING OUR ACCOUNTS AND WITHOUT OBEYING COURT ORDER SINCE 2013 AND CONTINUAL INTIMIDATION.

1.Gentlemen of the Press and members of the public, you are all welcome to this press conference organized to update all my clients and the general public on the recent judgement against the EFCC and the IG of Police for their refusal to obey an earlier court order to unfreeze all our accounts since 2013.
2. Let me start by tendering my sincere apology to all my esteemed clients who have suffered untold hardship without any fault of theirs. In particular, I sympathize with those who did not benefit before our 12 corporate bank accounts were frozen illegally by the EFCC. The EFCC, taking law into their hands is nothing but shameful. It is not my desire that any of my clients should suffer any misfortune.
3.We are already in court and we have made public our demands to address the illegality on this issue especially on the illegality of the directive by the EFCC to freeze our business and personal accounts and worse still refusing to obey a valid court judgement which was given in our favour since 2013, mandating the EFCC and the Nigeria Police Force to unfreeze our bank accounts in the then Diamond bank(now Access Bank) which the court saw as a breach/violation of the Fundamental Right of people to ownership of immovable property as guaranteed under Section 44 of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended).
The good news is that all pending issues will soon be resolved and restrictions will be lifted as the Abuja division of the Federal High Court has given us permission to file a suit compelling the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission(EFCC), its Chairman, Abdulrasheed Bawa and the Inspector General of Police to comply with the judgment of the court in suit No FHC/ABJ/CR/77/2018.
4. I am issuing this press conference because there are strong indications that very soon we shall compel the EFCC and the Nigeria Police to unfreeze all our accounts as the judge in the last court judgement queried the actions of the police and the EFCC for freezing bank accounts of law abiding Nigerians who are just carrying out their business without breaking any known law.

5.During the last court sitting, the EFCC came with a team of Senior Advocates of Nigeria(SANs) but that did not save them as the judge was visibly angry over their actions. Our lawyers had the greater part of the show which means God is with us.

6. At this point, I enjoin you to continue to pray until we get our desired result within the shortest possible time.

7. Please let it be known that most of your investment capitals were trapped through illegal and undue freezing of our corporate bank accounts and other business partner bank accounts on several occasions and that is why I had challenges meeting up my obligations to you.

8. Despite the difficult situation I find myself, I am still very passionate about fulfilling all the commitments I have made with you my esteemed clients. All pending liabilities will be paid as I am making effort in that direction.
9. I solicit for your kind support in whatever form you can so that our Cashflow ABI Limited accounts and all other accounts will be unfrozen very soon which will be the first step to resolving all other issues.

Thank You.

Dr. Philemon Gora
11th June 2023

(1) (Reply)

For PHP Enthusiasts / Are You An Experienced Programmer Proficient In C++? / I Need A Billing App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.