Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,117 members, 7,811,139 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

NASS Leadership: Deal That Fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s Endorsement - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NASS Leadership: Deal That Fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s Endorsement (34122 Views)

Tinubu Endorsement: Bodejo Can’t Speak For Fulani – Miyetti Allah / Faces Behind Deal That Landed Nigeria In $9.6bn Mess / Akpabio, Tinubu Meet As PDP Threatens Action. PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASS Leadership: Deal That Fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s Endorsement by FreedomfromtheT: 11:49am On Jun 11, 2023
tunjijones:
Anybody can be senate President except that traitor orji uzor kalu.

I even prefer a Togolese to be the senate President than for kalu to emerge.
Then let senator Osita Izunaso become the Senate president.
By the way, how is senator Orji Uzor Kalu a traitor?
Re: NASS Leadership: Deal That Fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s Endorsement by FreedomfromtheT: 11:51am On Jun 11, 2023
ecolime:

A Christian Southerner for balance IMO.
Then let it go to senator Osita Izunaso.
Re: NASS Leadership: Deal That Fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s Endorsement by FreedomfromtheT: 11:52am On Jun 11, 2023
Utanisco:
Una been de waste time

De shout obidient

Unam ikot

Akpabio na Senate president
Outside Nigeria and inside Nigeria
How does Akpabio's Senate presidency affect the Obidients?
Re: NASS Leadership: Deal That Fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s Endorsement by lexy2014: 12:19pm On Jun 11, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is always ahead of them all and he keeps his word.

The Senate Presidency is sealed and dusted for Senator Akpabio who happened to be at the right place at the right time with a name that ranks first in the alphabetical order of the contestants.
The moment he stepped down, others started following suit and the rest is now history

Look at who you are praising Tinubu for endorsing.

In July 2020, Akpabio, who was the Minister of Niger Delta, revealed that some contracts from the Niger Delta Development Commission were given to federal legislators, but the chairman of the probe panel practically begged him not to spill the beans.
Re: NASS Leadership: Deal That Fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s Endorsement by lexy2014: 12:21pm On Jun 11, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
Then let senator Osita Izunaso become the Senate president.
By the way, how is senator Orji Uzor Kalu a traitor?

When you say "then let...", Is the person u talking to preventing Osita Izunaso from becoming senate president?

By the way, what benefit accrues to anyone if any of these clowns become senate president?
Re: NASS Leadership: Deal That Fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s Endorsement by delpee(f): 12:23pm On Jun 11, 2023
The annoying thing most of the aspirants have issues with EFCC. I remember "off the mic" issue in relation to the Niger Delta and the extreme poverty and insecurity in Zamfara in the midst of plenty. Can't we have better people putting themselves forward to lead us? It's so depressing.
Re: NASS Leadership: Deal That Fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s Endorsement by BabaIbo: 12:24pm On Jun 11, 2023
ecolime:

A Christian Southerner for balance IMO.

You all are deceiving unaselves.

The candidate whom PDP and other opposition parties support will carry the day.

If Tinubu openly supports or endorse Akpabio, Akpabio will lose out in the race.

The ideal candidate would have been Orji Uzor Kalu but I like the way he is been dealt with honestly, to even think I was one of his campaign team coordinators few years ago dey pain me.
I created groups for him, did online and offline awareness for him but the du ll man f up las las.
Re: NASS Leadership: Deal That Fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s Endorsement by lexy2014: 12:52pm On Jun 11, 2023
Aquila99:

I swear, dey keep shouting 8th assembly. Wat did dey do different apart from fighting with d executives, less bills, less sittings, daily rancor without meaning. 9th was more beneficial to nigerian. PIA,Electoral and important laws bills were passed. But definition of not rubberstamp is to fight President.

How is the legislature not supposed to be a rubber stamp?

How was 8th NASS fighting the executive?
Re: NASS Leadership: Deal That Fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s Endorsement by loswhite(m): 12:54pm On Jun 11, 2023
CharleyBright:
Sounds logical.
It is very obvious that Tinubu is supporting Akpabio for Senate President because Akpabio stepped down for Tinubu at the primaries and paved way for Tinubu's emergence as APC candidate.
That's okay. It is Reciprocity.

But as someone who believe in Seperation of Powers and who is greatly opposed to Executive interference in the Legislative, am caught in between the two scenarios of Tinubu deciding for the Legislative arm who should be the Leader (on one hand), and on the other hand, if Akpabio doesn't become Senate President, Yari would be President. What that would imply is that #1, #2, #3, and #4 positions in the country will all be occupied by Muslims. That will automatically means Muslim dominance in govt and further give credence to the Islamization agenda. This is one thing the Muslims will never accept if the situation was reversed.

But it seems the members of the Senate will hijaack the process and go against Tinubu's wish and gang up to support/vote Yari.
This would further fuel the internal crisis within APC. Already El-Rufai and Ganduje are already nursing grievances against Tinubu over appointments to juicy positions. They might try to incite Northern senators to gang up against Tinubu and ensure Yari emerges as Senate President. And going forward, Yari will become an instrument to oppose Tinubu bills.

I thought we have gone past the religious sentiment? They said we should not talk about Muslim Muslim ticket but focus on capabilities...lol. The first to last position can and should be held by Muslims we don't care.
Re: NASS Leadership: Deal That Fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s Endorsement by fawaz050(m): 12:57pm On Jun 11, 2023
DMerciful:
Akpabio that has 90 billion misappropriation case with EFCC. Ran NDDC in the most corrupt ways.

Nigerians truly celebrate their oppressors just to spite others.

If Tinubu succeeds in installing Akpabio, Lawan would be a smaller rubber stamp.

That's why Saraki remains the best. Lawan approved all Bubu's borrowing that took Nigeria from 12trillion that GEJ left it to 77 trillion. That's what APC and Tinubu wants to replicate with Akpabio but thank God the Supreme Court will sack Tinubu

This is the link. Good day my people. Please my team is in a competition and need your help to like, comment and repost this post on IG and Twitter.

For better support, you can also repost and include the hashtags #KPMGGames2023 #Thrivewithus #KPMGCREATIVE2023 #KPMGMARWICK #KPMGMARWICK2023

🙇🏻

For IG

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtRiedIOyJ7/

For Twitter

https://twitter.com/kpmg_marwick/status/1667172918126600195?s=20
Re: NASS Leadership: Deal That Fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s Endorsement by Aquila99: 1:03pm On Jun 11, 2023
lexy2014:

Even a small kid knew d fighting in d 8th assembly with the executive. Or u want to feign ignorance of it.
Re: NASS Leadership: Deal That Fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s Endorsement by lexy2014: 1:08pm On Jun 11, 2023
Aquila99:

Even a small kid knew d fighting in d 8th assembly with the executive. Or u want to feign ignorance of it.

Since you aren't a small kid, then answering the simple questions shouldn't be difficult for you.

Re: NASS Leadership: Deal That Fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s Endorsement by bigtt76(f): 1:14pm On Jun 11, 2023
But Asiwaju was the first to speak naa cheesy

FreeStuffsNG:
N’Assembly leadership: Deal that fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s endorsement
11th June 2023

https://punchng.com/nassembly-leadership-deal-that-fetched-akpabio-tinubus-endorsement/

Re: NASS Leadership: Deal That Fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s Endorsement by jibs4lv(m): 1:14pm On Jun 11, 2023
Anybody but kalu🤔
Re: NASS Leadership: Deal That Fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s Endorsement by Okwyjesus(m): 1:34pm On Jun 11, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

The Senate Presidency is sealed and dusted for Senator Akpabio who happened to be at the right place at the right time with a name that ranks first in the alphabetical order of the contestants.
The moment he stepped down, others started following suit and the rest is now history

Yari is the concensus candidate of northern Nigeria.

Akpabio won't fly, he has many enemies
Re: NASS Leadership: Deal That Fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s Endorsement by smileyoo: 1:51pm On Jun 11, 2023
tesppidd:
Only in Nigeria,,

Known looters regroup in order to reloot the treasury and the would-be victims of the looting are happy and clapping for them.
lol, in Nigeria corruption is free, just like happiness is free , the choice is left for the individual to make, based on conscience, not because govt will sanction you if you're caught looting the treasury .
so sad that Oga bubu's APC actually legalized corruption, instead of the promised fight against corruption.
Re: NASS Leadership: Deal That Fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s Endorsement by Enice(m): 1:54pm On Jun 11, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
N’Assembly leadership: Deal that fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s endorsement
11th June 2023

https://punchng.com/nassembly-leadership-deal-that-fetched-akpabio-tinubus-endorsement/

Another rubbish! A man who did not even buy senate nomination form will now be negotiating to become senate President! He dey see future? No be JuJu be that!
Re: NASS Leadership: Deal That Fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s Endorsement by Panda7(m): 2:39pm On Jun 11, 2023
Re: NASS Leadership: Deal That Fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s Endorsement by frank14011991(m): 2:43pm On Jun 11, 2023
CharleyBright:
Sounds logical.
It is very obvious that Tinubu is supporting Akpabio for Senate President because Akpabio stepped down for Tinubu at the primaries and paved way for Tinubu's emergence as APC candidate.
That's okay. It is Reciprocity.

But as someone who believe in Seperation of Powers and who is greatly opposed to Executive interference in the Legislative, am caught in between the two scenarios of Tinubu deciding for the Legislative arm who should be the Leader (on one hand), and on the other hand, if Akpabio doesn't become Senate President, Yari would be President. What that would imply is that #1, #2, #3, and #4 positions in the country will all be occupied by Muslims. That will automatically means Muslim dominance in govt and further give credence to the Islamization agenda. This is one thing the Muslims will never accept if the situation was reversed.

But it seems the members of the Senate will hijaack the process and go against Tinubu's wish and gang up to support/vote Yari.
This would further fuel the internal crisis within APC. Already El-Rufai and Ganduje are already nursing grievances against Tinubu over appointments to juicy positions. They might try to incite Northern senators to gang up against Tinubu and ensure Yari emerges as Senate President. And going forward, Yari will become an instrument to oppose Tinubu bills.

ipob assumption
Re: NASS Leadership: Deal That Fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s Endorsement by Caseless: 3:01pm On Jun 11, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

I need this facecap.

Omo, that was a masterstroke move Tinubu. He knows who would be called first and he made sure to reach out so that he'd step down for him. Once Akpabio stepped down, many others followed suit.
Re: NASS Leadership: Deal That Fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s Endorsement by eroticecstasy: 3:39pm On Jun 11, 2023
DMerciful:
Akpabio that has 90 billion misappropriation case with EFCC. Ran NDDC in the most corrupt ways.

Nigerians truly celebrate their oppressors just to spite others.

If Tinubu succeeds in installing Akpabio, Lawan would be a smaller rubber stamp.

That's why Saraki remains the best. Lawan approved all Bubu's borrowing that took Nigeria from 12trillion that GEJ left it to 77 trillion. That's what APC and Tinubu wants to replicate with Akpabio but thank God the Supreme Court will sack Tinubu

Nigerians are like slaves that loves their chains.

1 Like

Re: NASS Leadership: Deal That Fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s Endorsement by CharleyBright(m): 4:06pm On Jun 11, 2023
loswhite:
I thought we have gone past the religious sentiment? They said we should not talk about Muslim Muslim ticket but focus on capabilities...lol. The first to last position can and should be held by Muslims we don't care.

As a Muslim, why would you not feel okay that all positions can be held by Muslims from top to bottom?
So tomorrow una go tell us the country is a Muslim country all round, and force everyone to become muslims abi?
Will you accept same if all positions is held from top to bottom by christians?

Wicked people trying to subtly islamize the country
Muslim Muslim indeed.
Re: NASS Leadership: Deal That Fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s Endorsement by CharleyBright(m): 4:09pm On Jun 11, 2023
frank14011991:
ipob assumption

Muslim terrorist
Re: NASS Leadership: Deal That Fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s Endorsement by Bimpe29: 4:34pm On Jun 11, 2023
In Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu world, promise made is not only kept but fulfilled.

God will make it easy for him to lead Nigeria to the promised land.

Congratulations to Godswill Akpabio in advance!

1 Like

Re: NASS Leadership: Deal That Fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s Endorsement by Ofemannnu: 5:05pm On Jun 11, 2023
Senate presidency goes to Akpabio.
Yari,others...DOA
Re: NASS Leadership: Deal That Fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s Endorsement by juman(m): 5:15pm On Jun 11, 2023
Crying kalu should seek senate presidency from lawan he supported.
Re: NASS Leadership: Deal That Fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s Endorsement by TakeNigeriaBack: 5:20pm On Jun 11, 2023
slawomir:
I am an Ebow, who pretends to be from Edo in order to score political points. I know that Ebows have ZERO political value, so I am ashamed of identifying with my Ebow people.

Great confession!

1 Like

Re: NASS Leadership: Deal That Fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s Endorsement by TakeNigeriaBack: 5:21pm On Jun 11, 2023
tunjijones:
I am an Ebow, who pretends to be Yoruba in order to score political points. I know that Ebows have ZERO political value, so I am ashamed of identifying with my Ebow people.

Great point, dude!
Re: NASS Leadership: Deal That Fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s Endorsement by juman(m): 5:22pm On Jun 11, 2023
Such position is handpicked even in advanced democracy.
The leadership of the party in control handpicked a particular person to occupy the post.
Re: NASS Leadership: Deal That Fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s Endorsement by TakeNigeriaBack: 5:23pm On Jun 11, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
The same people who were against Muslim-muslim ticket are the same people in support of a Muslim candidate as Senate president simply because of Tinubu's choice of interest, inorder to go against him. What kind of hypocrisy is this? If Akpabio were to be a Muslim and Tinubu's choice the out cry from all of you would have been ISLAMIZATION.HYPOCRITES grin

This is very common in politics of THOSE people. its called Nzogbu-zogbuism.

2 Likes

Re: NASS Leadership: Deal That Fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s Endorsement by TakeNigeriaBack: 5:26pm On Jun 11, 2023
Kukutenla:
Why are Ebows opposing Akpabio as if their lives depend on it?

My brother, if you ask me who I go ask? And its Igbo not Ebow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soldiers Dig Out Bombs Planted On The Road By Boko Haram Members (Pics) / Alex Otti Flags Off Port Harcourt-Aba Road Reconstruction (Photos) / Anyim Pius Anyim Arrested By EFCC In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.