Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,459 members, 7,850,600 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:26 AM

My Daughter Coughs Steadily Since 8pm Till Now - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Daughter Coughs Steadily Since 8pm Till Now (519 Views)

Man Coughs To Death In Akure While Waiting For Taxi / Passenger Coughs, Dies At Checkpoint In Osun/oyo Boundary / Man Coughs Out His Lungs In California (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Daughter Coughs Steadily Since 8pm Till Now by NeshietUkochio(m): 5:32am On Jun 11, 2023
Hi Nairalanders, in a week my wife, my two-year-old daughter and I have been sick and all my hustle for the week spent on drugs. Last week Sunday my wife returned from church shaking with high fever, dizziness and headache. I bought her drugs which took up to Thursday to regain her strength, while my daughter became sick on Tuesday, adding huge burden on her mom who was still sick by then. I bought her drugs for the fever and cattarrh but she lost apetite for food. Just yesterday she woke up coughing till night, but not constantly by the day. She began coughing steadily from 8pm till this time that am posting this thread. The cough medicine I bought for her is not working. Meanwhile I got fever and shaking since 4pm yesterday till now. My worry is my daughter right now. We've not been able to sleep (she's giving us and our neighbours tarry night). It's now only cough. Any quick home remedy to try? Nlfpmod, seun, lalasticlala, MANNERBBQGRILLS, Dominique, please push this thread to front page for more ideas
Re: My Daughter Coughs Steadily Since 8pm Till Now by Rastafryrice: 5:43am On Jun 11, 2023
NeshietUkochio:
Hi Nairalanders, in a week my wife, my two-year-old daughter and I have been sick and all my hustle for the week spent on drugs. Last week Sunday my wife returned home shaking with high fever. I bought her drugs which took up to Thursday to regain her strength, while my daughter became sick on Tuesday, adding huge burden on her mom who was still sick by then. I returned home to find out then bought her drugs that subsided the fever and cattarrh. Just yesterday she woke up coughing till night, but not constantly until which she began coughing steadily till this that am posting this thread. The cough medicine I bought for her is not working. Meanwhile I got fever and shaking since 4pm yesterday till now. My worry is my daughter right now. We've not been able to sleep (she's giving us and our neighbours tarry night). It's now only cough. Any quick home remedy to try? Nlfpmod, seun, lalasticlala, MANNERBBQGRILLS, Dominique, please push this thread to front page for more shared quick home remedy for cough in kids

You bought her drugs, bought from where??
Take her to the hospital, they will test her and give her appropriate treatment
If anything happens to that girl ehn
Re: My Daughter Coughs Steadily Since 8pm Till Now by NeshietUkochio(m): 5:54am On Jun 11, 2023
Rastafryrice:

You bought her drugs, bought from where??
Take her to the hospital, they will test her and give her appropriate treatment
If anything happens to that girl ehn
I bought the drugs from a pharmacy. I usually take my wife and daughter and myself to to the hospital but right now all my hustle has been. Test is not done for free. Shey dem dey say make we see doctor afta two days wen we don take drugs if de drups dem no work. All de drugs wey I buy dem work except dis one for cough. She dey play normal. She no hot again, no cattarrh just cough
Re: My Daughter Coughs Steadily Since 8pm Till Now by Nobody: 5:56am On Jun 11, 2023
NeshietUkochio:
Hi Nairalanders, in a week my wife, my two-year-old daughter and I have been sick and all my hustle for the week spent on drugs. Last week Sunday my wife returned from church shaking with high fever, dizziness and headache. I bought her drugs which took up to Thursday to regain her strength, while my daughter became sick on Tuesday, adding huge burden on her mom who was still sick by then. I bought her drugs, the fever and cattarrh but she lost apetite. Just yesterday she woke up coughing till night, but not constantly by the day. She began coughing steadily from 8pm till this time that am posting this thread. The cough medicine I bought for her is not working. Meanwhile I got fever and shaking since 4pm yesterday till now. My worry is my daughter right now. We've not been able to sleep (she's giving us and our neighbours tarry night). It's now only cough. Any quick home remedy to try? Nlfpmod, seun, lalasticlala, MANNERBBQGRILLS, Dominique, please push this thread to front page for more ideas

Madam find your way to the hospital abeg!
Re: My Daughter Coughs Steadily Since 8pm Till Now by NeshietUkochio(m): 6:02am On Jun 11, 2023
CondenseMilk:

Madam find your way to the hospital abeg!
Please read the thread again. All my hustle for the week has been spent on buying drugs for my wife and daughter, including feeding. I need quick home remedy pending when I will go hustling again this week before taking them to the hospital
Re: My Daughter Coughs Steadily Since 8pm Till Now by EX6100: 6:54am On Jun 11, 2023
NeshietUkochio:
Hi Nairalanders, in a week my wife, my two-year-old daughter and I have been sick and all my hustle for the week spent on drugs. Last week Sunday my wife returned from church shaking with high fever, dizziness and headache. I bought her drugs which took up to Thursday to regain her strength, while my daughter became sick on Tuesday, adding huge burden on her mom who was still sick by then. I bought her drugs, the fever and cattarrh but she lost apetite. Just yesterday she woke up coughing till night, but not constantly by the day. She began coughing steadily from 8pm till this time that am posting this thread. The cough medicine I bought for her is not working. Meanwhile I got fever and shaking since 4pm yesterday till now. My worry is my daughter right now. We've not been able to sleep (she's giving us and our neighbours tarry night). It's now only cough. Any quick home remedy to try? Nlfpmod, seun, lalasticlala, MANNERBBQGRILLS, Dominique, please push this thread to front page for more ideas
Go get this stuff. You thank me later

Re: My Daughter Coughs Steadily Since 8pm Till Now by Magnetic010: 7:08am On Jun 11, 2023
If symptoms persist after three days please visit your doctor. But if she’s an infant take her straight to the hospital
Re: My Daughter Coughs Steadily Since 8pm Till Now by kernniejay(m): 7:11am On Jun 11, 2023
There is more to this sickness than just cough and cold. Treating the cough by quick home remedy is just a treatment for the symptom, not the real sickness. If you cant afford a hospital for now, kindly locate a primary health centre (PHC) nearest to your house and take your family there, atleast your little daughter. PHC is always cheap and almost free.
Re: My Daughter Coughs Steadily Since 8pm Till Now by NeshietUkochio(m): 7:28am On Jun 11, 2023
EX6100:

Go get this stuff. You thank me later
Thanks for sharing. Is it available in pharmacy?
Re: My Daughter Coughs Steadily Since 8pm Till Now by NeshietUkochio(m): 7:33am On Jun 11, 2023
kernniejay:
There is more to this sickness than just cough and cold. Treating the cough by quick home remedy is just a treatment for the symptom, not the real sickness. If you cant afford a hospital for now, kindly locate a primary health centre (PHC) nearest to your house and take your family there, atleast your little daughter. PHC is always cheap and almost free.
It's more expensive here than the government hospital built by our former governor, HE Godswill Akpabio. I do prefer going to the hospital for test and treatment. Thanks for the advice
Re: My Daughter Coughs Steadily Since 8pm Till Now by NeshietUkochio(m): 7:41am On Jun 11, 2023
Magnetic010:
If symptoms persist after three days please visit your doctor. But if she’s an infant take her straight to the hospital
I will take her straight to the hospital. I just need a quick home remedy so that I'll be able to go to hustle as usual then have money to take her straight to the hospital for test and treatment
Re: My Daughter Coughs Steadily Since 8pm Till Now by Thegamingorca(m): 7:46am On Jun 11, 2023
NeshietUkochio:
Hi Nairalanders, in a week my wife, my two-year-old daughter and I have been sick and all my hustle for the week spent on drugs. Last week Sunday my wife returned from church shaking with high fever, dizziness and headache. I bought her drugs which took up to Thursday to regain her strength, while my daughter became sick on Tuesday, adding huge burden on her mom who was still sick by then. I bought her drugs for the fever and cattarrh but she lost apetite for food. Just yesterday she woke up coughing till night, but not constantly by the day. She began coughing steadily from 8pm till this time that am posting this thread. The cough medicine I bought for her is not working. Meanwhile I got fever and shaking since 4pm yesterday till now. My worry is my daughter right now. We've not been able to sleep (she's giving us and our neighbours tarry night). It's now only cough. Any quick home remedy to try? Nlfpmod, seun, lalasticlala, MANNERBBQGRILLS, Dominique, please push this thread to front page for more ideas

Cough medicine you just started her on last night, you expect it to have worked it's miracle this morning. I'm afraid if she's below 10yrs you might want to take her to the hospital to get proper care.

It could be that she is reacting to something in the house
Re: My Daughter Coughs Steadily Since 8pm Till Now by Thegamingorca(m): 7:47am On Jun 11, 2023
NeshietUkochio:
I will take her straight to the hospital. I just need a quick home remedy so that I'll be able to go to hustle as usual then have money to take her straight to the hospital for test and treatment

If it's only cough and she is above 5yrs, get her honey or custard.
Re: My Daughter Coughs Steadily Since 8pm Till Now by NeshietUkochio(m): 7:58am On Jun 11, 2023
Thegamingorca:

Cough medicine you just started her on last night, you expect it to have worked it's miracle this morning. I'm afraid if she's below 10yrs you might want to take her to the hospital to get proper care.

It could be that she is reacting to something in the house
She's two-years-old
Re: My Daughter Coughs Steadily Since 8pm Till Now by NeshietUkochio(m): 8:00am On Jun 11, 2023
Thegamingorca:

If it's only cough and she is above 5yrs, get her honey or custard.
She's two-years-old
Re: My Daughter Coughs Steadily Since 8pm Till Now by Thegamingorca(m): 8:07am On Jun 11, 2023
NeshietUkochio:
She's two-years-old

Get her jam or honey and some water, not too much so she doesn't vomit.

If the cough is productive of sputum which I doubt, (given the short history) then we will need to worry.

I'm suspecting the cough is dry, right?

Then there are two things involved, it's either she's having an allergy or she's having what we call am atypical upper respiratory tract infection.

She will need an initial intramuscular injection of hydrocortisone
Re: My Daughter Coughs Steadily Since 8pm Till Now by NeshietUkochio(m): 9:18am On Jun 11, 2023
Thegamingorca:

Get her jam or honey and some water, not too much so she doesn't vomit.

If the cough is productive of sputum which I doubt, (given the short history) then we will need to worry.

I'm suspecting the cough is dry, right?

Then there are two things involved, it's either she's having an allergy or she's having what we call am atypical upper respiratory tract infection.

She will need an initial intramuscular injection of hydrocortisone
I guess it's a dry cough. She has no apetite for food. Can I see the dicture of jam?
Re: My Daughter Coughs Steadily Since 8pm Till Now by Rastafryrice: 9:46am On Jun 11, 2023
NeshietUkochio:
I bought the drugs from a pharmacy. I usually take my wife and daughter and myself to to the hospital but right now all my hustle has been. Test is not done for free. Shey dem dey say make we see doctor afta two days wen we don take drugs if de drups dem no work. All de drugs wey I buy dem work except dis one for cough. She dey play normal. She no hot again, no cattarrh just cough

She will be fine by God's grace
Re: My Daughter Coughs Steadily Since 8pm Till Now by Rastafryrice: 9:47am On Jun 11, 2023
NeshietUkochio:
It's more expensive here than the government hospital built by our former governor, HE Godswill Akpabio. I do prefer going to the hospital for test and treatment. Thanks for the advice

Sir, have you tried st Luke hospital? at nwaniba
Re: My Daughter Coughs Steadily Since 8pm Till Now by HeartlessMan: 9:53am On Jun 11, 2023
Ginger, garlic and onions.
Blend all together then garnish with honey so you don't throw it up.

Thank me with your wife's kpekus after 2 weeks.

Re: My Daughter Coughs Steadily Since 8pm Till Now by Marakeem: 10:06am On Jun 11, 2023
You see, we Africans are the cause of our problems, we are blessed with so many roots & herbs, yet we abandoned them running after the white men's drugs. As a matter of urgency, go and get plenty "Scent Leaves" (Efinrin), wash it properly and boil very well, allow it to become cold, then pour it inside a keg. You and your family should start drinking it everyday, prepare another one if that one finishes. You will definitely thank me later
Re: My Daughter Coughs Steadily Since 8pm Till Now by Thegamingorca(m): 11:47am On Jun 11, 2023
NeshietUkochio:
I guess it's a dry cough. She has no apetite for food. Can I see the dicture of jam?

Strawberry jam nah... Honey will suffice, it's just to make the throat soothen abit. Why haven't you taken her to hospital already?
Re: My Daughter Coughs Steadily Since 8pm Till Now by NeshietUkochio(m): 2:02pm On Jun 11, 2023
Rastafryrice:

She will be fine by God's grace
Amen

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Coughs Steadily Since 8pm Till Now by NeshietUkochio(m): 2:05pm On Jun 11, 2023
Rastafryrice:

Sir, have you tried st Luke hospital? at nwaniba
Am in Ibeno my hometown
Re: My Daughter Coughs Steadily Since 8pm Till Now by NeshietUkochio(m): 2:07pm On Jun 11, 2023
Marakeem:
You see, we Africans are the cause of our problems, we are blessed with so many roots & herbs, yet we abandoned them running after the white men's drugs. As a matter of urgency, go and get plenty "Scent Leaves" (Efinrin), wash it properly and boil very well, allow it to become cold, then pour it inside a keg. You and your family should start drinking it everyday, prepare another one if that one finishes. You will definitely thank me later
Thanks for sharing. I'll try it
Re: My Daughter Coughs Steadily Since 8pm Till Now by NeshietUkochio(m): 2:15pm On Jun 11, 2023
Thegamingorca:

Strawberry jam nah... Honey will suffice, it's just to make the throat soothen abit. Why haven't you taken her to hospital already?
The post says it all

(1) (Reply)

You Can Do It / Lose Weight And Live Healthy / Does Your Hair Need Rehabilitation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.