Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,557 members, 7,816,349 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

My Thoughts On Subsidy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Thoughts On Subsidy (155 Views)

Tinubu’s Assault On Subsidy Is Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious — Obahiagbon / Petrol May Hit N800/litre On Subsidy Removal – Marketers / Sanusi: Buhari Should Be Impeached For Spending Millions Of Dollars On Subsidy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Thoughts On Subsidy by crafteck(m): 9:47am On Jun 11, 2023
Subsidy palava

Re: My Thoughts On Subsidy by GabrielYulaw(m): 12:44am On Jun 12, 2023
It is really simple- the government is punishing us for its own deliberate incompetence, corruption and inefficiency. It won't build new refineries to refine fuel and would rather import. And I am not even going to mention the fact that we export sweet crude and import low quality stuff, with the price difference ending up in the pockets of the connected. Exactly how much crude we drill per day and how much fuel we consume per day is also unknown.

Plus the customs and army are busy helping smugglers move fuel to neighboring countries and the navy has for long been involved in crude oil bunkering. And then we have 4 main refineries that have not refined a drop of crude in decades. Despite that, they have humongous staff that collect fat salaries for doing nothing. And oh, if I remember correctly, we have spent like $19 billion doing turn around maintenance for refineries that never work.

The whole thing is like a r@pist asking the victim to pay for the privilege of repeatedly being fcked in the @ss with a sharp piece of bamboo. Every Nigerian should be out on the streets right now demanding for the heads of everyone responsible for this sh1tshow.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Prof. Gregory Ikechukwu Ibe Mourns Sen. Annie Okonkwo / The Directorate Of Volunteer Groups Is Set For The THANKS GIVING 4 Gov. Sheriff / The Human Face That Encapsulate Student Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.