Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

My Honest Prediction Of Tinubu’s Presidency. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Honest Prediction Of Tinubu’s Presidency. (4342 Views)

Prediction Of 2023 Presidential Election By Deji Adeyanju / This Is An Honest Prediction Of How The Next Nigeria President Will Emerge / 2023: Low Turnout As Yoruba Summit Pushes For Tinubu Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Honest Prediction Of Tinubu’s Presidency. by Penguin2: 12:57pm On Jun 11, 2023
Disclaimer: This is not that your “Obidients are converting to Tinubu supporters” bullshit. This piece is clearly informed by unbiased logical and critical analysis as informed by reason unlike some folks who close their eyes to truth because if they admit it, it will hurt their divide.

With the above having been stated, I want to try to predict what a Tinubu Government will be like.

Everyone knows that Peter Obi is my candidate and my support for him is borne out of informed conviction that he is the best man for the job and would help Nigeria build strong institutions rather than strong individuals as is presently the case. And while we await for the courts to give their verdict on Obi’s petition before them, I will be giving my prediction in supposition that Tinubu will be president for 4 years at least.

GENERAL OVERVIEW
No Nigerian needs an analysis to agree that Buhari’s 8 years was a mistake we should have avoided was it not some people’s greed. Every sector of the economy went on downward spiral until they all hit rock buttom. It was one of the major reasons why a lot of voters didn’t find Tinubu’s APC attractive anymore but he won anyways; even if we have misgivings on how he won. Now he’s here, what do I think he would do differently? I’ll tell you by trying to itemize them into different subheadings for better understanding and so this piece doesn’t get clumsy.

APPOINTMENTS
One of the things Buhari got wrong was appointments. He appointed only people of his ethnic stock. But that wasn’t the problem. The problem was that these people he was appointing were average at best, and stark illiterates most of the time. Somehow however, supporters of his party, including Tinubu supporters, cheered him on and said he was free to appoint only people from Daura if he wished to. Buhari was emboldened by that and he continued. The end result was the disaster his government turned out to become. But it is imperative to state that Buhari’s government didn’t fail because he appointed majorly only Fulanis to positions, no, his government failed because those he appointed, most of the time, had no idea what the hell they were supposed to do (the ex-Minister of Education corroborated this when he said he had no idea of what he was supposed to do in Education ministry when he was appointed).

But Tinubu…
Just like Buhari, he is most likely going to give more appointments to people of his ethnic stock (Yoruba) although not to the level of Buhari (nobody can be worse than Buhari). The only difference however is that the Yorubas Tinubu is going to appoint are going to be bright and sound minds, accomplished in their own rights. Yes, that’s where Tinubu is different from Buhari. Because while Buhari is surrounded majorly by illiterates, Tinubu has a sea of intelligentsia and competent people surrounding him. And so, even though Tinubu would be rewarding his boys, the boys are great minds who are most likely going to deliver in any mandate they are given which would help things move in the positive direction.

SECURITY
Deep down his heart, Tinubu is pained by the daily massacre of Nigerians all over the country by bandits (baptismal name of Fulani herdsmen). The only reason Tinubu has never been vocal about this is because he didn’t want to offend the north and the northern establishment where he was hoping to get votes from during elections.

What happened during Southwest herdsmen crisis should tell you where he stands. During that time when herdsmen were ravaging the Southwest, the governors of the region came together to form a regional security network and Tinubu never opposed it. Need I tell you it got his closet approval?

So, in security, Tinubu is going to appoint competent hands to head various security agencies with matching orders to halt the killings perpetuated by these marauders. So, I am seeing a tremendous increase in security situation due to increased offensive against the insurgents.

Tinubu is aware of the Fulani expansionist agenda which is aimed at forcefully taking lands from the aborigines of different peoples of Nigeria and trust me when I tell you that Tinubu does not like that at all. He knows he was going to go against a lot of Fulani interests which is why he chose a Kanuri man, another aboriginal Nigerian as his Vice President. The Kanuris has a lot of scores to settle with the Fulanis as do the Fulanis with the Kanuris which makes them not to be best of friends. Recall that Usman Danfodio was defeated by the Kanuris which halted his Jihad into that part of the country and is the reason the Emirs of Maiduguri are not Fulanis.

In a nutshell, so I don’t confuse you, I predict tremendous increase in security under Tinubu as he would ruthlessly deal with the perpetrators, and even their sponsors where he can.

SUBSIDY
Subsidy should have gone in 2012. It is the reason why some of us have misgivings with Tinubu because of the kind of vicious politics he played with the issue of subsidy in 2012. Tinubu knew better than what he did than. He knew that subsidy payment was crippling the resources of the Federal Government but he still went ahead to mobilize protesters against that fantastic decision and bullied Jonathan into rescinding the decision (I blame Jonathan for being so weak). Had subsidy been removed in 2012, we would have forgotten about its harsh effects as alternatives would have emerged and Nigerians adjusted as we always do.

But like someone said, “the best time to remove subsidy was in 2012, the next best time is now”. So, subsidy has to go no matter how painful the side effects may be. The currents are like the bitter pills we have to swallow to cure our malaria.

What some of us are saying, however, is that the removal should have been phased, as proposed by Peter Obi. While cushionary measures should have been set up before the removal as against this brigandage approach with which the entire process was handled.

Now, with subsidy removal, more funds will be available to the FG to share with State Governments. This increase in funds is most likely going to help government at all levels to embark on more lofty and life changing projects for the public good; for those that want to work. While it might mean more money to steal for criminals in power.

RESTRUCTURING
Tinubu didn’t mention restructuring in his manifesto so as not to offend his northern friends and the northern oligarchs, but believe me when I say that Tinubu will, or at least attempt to, restructure this country.

Recall that during his time as Lagos Governor, he increased the number of Local Governments in Lagos from 20 to 60 (I can’t recall the exact number). His argument then was that if Kano State with lesser population than Lagos can have 44 Local Governments, then Lagos deserves more. It was this issue to brought him at loggerheads with then president Obasanjo who asked that Tinubu revert to old 20 Local Governments structure or the FG would no longer release Local Governments funds for Lagos State. Tinubu refused to revert to old 20 Local Governments and Obasanjo seized Local Governments allocations for Lagos State. Lagos Government then took the FG to court and won, which is why the new Local Governments that Tinubu created still stands till today; though not addressed as Local Governments. Other states later took a cue from Lagos and created more administrative areas out of their existing Local Governments.

So, with the above background, you should know that Tinubu has a lot of disagreements with Nigeria’s current structure and would definitely want to look into it. I’ve heard that landmass is part of the calculation for sharing formula from FAAC. Such barbaric calculation was definitely done to favour northern states which has more landmass. I doubt Tinubu will tolerate such calculation anymore.

Similarly, it’s most likely he might introduce State and Community Policing. Maybe not in the way Obi may have proposed in his manifesto but I envisage Tinubu restructuring the policing system to ensure it’s closer to the communities to ensure better security. Remember he introduced RRS in Lagos.

Apart from the police, I equally envisage him unbundling a lot of things that northern establishment has refused to unbundle for a long time because the deliberate imbalance was benefiting the north.

RELIGION
Forget Muslim-Muslim ticket, Tinubu is an Agnostic. Agnostics are people who don’t believe in anything; not in God nor in Satan, nor in powers of spirits. I might be wrong about the details of his believe system but I think Tinubu purposely chose to publicly identify as a Muslim for political reasons. I am surprising that after studying the dynamics of Nigerian politics, he felt he would probably achieve more, and get the north to trust him more, if he identified as a Muslim. So, it is my thinking that Tinubu doesn’t really believe in Allah nor His teachings nor in any moral code; Tinubu has his own moral code. I would want to think that Tinubu believes more in the power of money, strategy and brute force where money and strategy fails. That’s why he lobbies a lot; making deals. He’d offer money to those who can take money, offer position to those who want position and find a way to dislodge anyone who refuses his entreaty.

What I’m saying here is that Nigerians may not have to worry much about Tinubu and his Vice President being Muslim because the President believes in nothing; except money is a religion. As such, I see the religion or adherents of any religion being shortchanged. Tinubu has never showed signs of extremism in the past.

DOWNSIDES
Having mentioned the good things to expect from Tinubu, I want to conclude this piece with the downside of what a Tinubu government portends.

IGBOS:
When Tinubu first came into politics in 1999, he extended hands of friendship to the Igbos. This he did by appointing some Igbos into his cabinet. His intention was to try to build a bridge between the East and the West so they can unite and challenge the north with common and united front. But I think Tinubu’s frosty and messy relationship with Obasanjo caused his image to dented amongst the Igbos who saw Obasanjo as a friend of Ndigbo. Having seen that Igbos have taken the side of Obasanjo, Tinubu the abandoned any further push towards friendship with the Igbos and chose rather to align with the north against the East. This decision further damaged Tinubu’s image in the East and amongst Igbos who now became his most vicious opponents.

Having achieved power, I envisage a subtle sustenance of the age long Nigerian State policy of “Never Allow the Igbos Rise Again”(NAIRA). I say this because Tinubu no longer hides his disdain for the region and its people which was corroborated by his erstwhile supporter and former SGF, Babachir Lawal who said Tinubu asked them not to go to the Southeast during campaign for the APC primaries. So, Igbos should not expect anything from Tinubu’s government. This is not to say that he will not do one or two projects in the East, but overall the affairs of the East would be least of Tinubu Government’s preoccupation. The only thing is that the Southeast would benefit from some of the unbundling that Tinubu will do through restructuring.

ALPHA BETA/TAXES
Tinubu commissioned Alpha Beta to collect Lagos Government taxes towards the tail end of his administration as Lagos governor. Granted that the company has helped Lagos increase their IGR and eliminated a lot middlemen who would have been pilfering large chunk of the IGR, people have consistently expressed misgivings with the percentage this company takes on every amount it generates. But despite accusations, Lagos has retained Alpha Beta as its tax collector.

I might be wrong, but I won’t be surprised if Tinubu attempts to make Alpha Beta the agency in charge of revenue collection for the Federal government. The only thing here is that to make that happen, he must go through the NASS. Would the NASS approve it? No one knows; but Tinubu has his ways.

Again, I see increase in taxes and widening of the tax net. So, Nigerians should be prepared to start paying tax on a lot of things. Just as those who have never paid taxes in their life should get ready to start paying taxes.

EMPOWERMENT OF CRONIES:
Tinubu will empower his cronies and his boys/men; and he has a lot them. News is already circulating that his government plans to sell some of NNPC assets. Don’t be surprised when you see his business associates winning bids to buy those assets and even many more that would come in future.

CONCLUSION
I didn’t intend for this piece to be this voluminous but it ended up becoming so. But I need any reader who would read this to understand the submissions above are purely my personal opinion as informed by reason and devoid of any political, ethnic and primordial sentiments and biases.

So, while I hope that the courts will do justice and return Peter Obi as the duly elected President from the 2023 presidential election in Nigeria, I am predicting a positive presidency for Tinubu supposing he was to be there to be ther for four years.

But as with all social experiments that is always at the mercy of rational actors and unintended variables, the predictions above are subject to social and political variables that may alter one or two positions differently.

Penguin is a bird of reason!!!

Nlfpmod
Mynd44

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Honest Prediction Of Tinubu’s Presidency. by happney65: 1:05pm On Jun 11, 2023
Dear Penguin,

I didn't want to reply this post but my spirit keeps on pushing me back. I want you to bookmark this and come back to it in about a year or so may the universe grant us good life.

You see there is little or no difference in Tinubu and Buhari and you are already falling for the same set of propaganda they deployed in 2015.

Referring to Buhari's appointees as almost illeterates is unfortunate. Adamu Adamu might be a nonesense minister of Education, but he isn't an illeterates as he is a PHD Holder. So therefore Tinubu's appointees won't be different from that of Buhari.

I mean Buhari's appointees might be mostly of his ethnic block but they were Men and women of timber and calibre. They couldn't perform because their head which is the president do not seen to know what he is doing.

Claiming Tinubu has best hands is also a fallacy. Apart from Lagos, The other states in the SW his people were in charge are nonesense states. Osun state was the Poverty capital of the SW courtsey of Tinubu's right hand Man aregbesola.

Or is it Ekiti? That place is more or less a dead zone. Even Lagos under him became the second worst city to live in the world.

Let's not talk about Lagos itself because even if you put a 10year old as Govornor it can run with or without his input. It was made possible being former federal capital of Nigeria and not the magic of Tinubu

2. Claiming security will improve under Tinubu is a fallacy as there will be little or no difference in the current security architecture.

You referred to the security architecture established by Govornors of the SW which is Amotekun.

Let me bust your brain. It is only Lagos in the SW that doesn't have a single Amotekun force despite sanwo Olu attending their summits.

The creation of Amotekun has helped the SW a lot most especially Oyo state. Yet Tinubu's Lagos do not have one single Amotekun officer because of Tinubu's ambition and not wanting to offend the North.

You see he owes the North,He dare not do anything against them. He wants to be president just to answer the name. He won't do anything spectacular. We will only be taxed more.

No restructuring will happen under him. That I am sure about. Maybe some might happen if Akpabio becomes Senate president on Tuesday which I hope he does.

But if the North becomes Senate president,just forget the Tinubu presidency because they will have him by his scrotum.

The so-called subsidy removal is for government to have more money to embezzle and not for nothing else. It will only lead to more hardship for Nigerians and nothing more.

If I can remember the others you talked about I'll come edit this post

Thanks

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Honest Prediction Of Tinubu’s Presidency. by Impera(m): 1:11pm On Jun 11, 2023
This piece is well researched and not far from the truth on all points. Are you a psychologist?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Honest Prediction Of Tinubu’s Presidency. by nairalanda1(m): 1:25pm On Jun 11, 2023
Good points, though the best time to remove subsidy should have been the early 1990's. Not 2012.

Back in the 1990''s, we had enough domestic production and were not a net importer of PMS. If we had removed it then, and allowed deregulation and encouragement of private refineries...by now we would have been a net exporter of PMS, and there would have been jobs galore.

But back then, we said no.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Honest Prediction Of Tinubu’s Presidency. by PussyKing(m): 1:34pm On Jun 11, 2023
One person Tinubu should arrest for me is Lai Mohammed for all his conscienceless lies and deception undecided undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Honest Prediction Of Tinubu’s Presidency. by Echile(m): 1:34pm On Jun 11, 2023
Your analysis is excellent. You tried and I think you're a nice guy

In as much as we the Obidents await the final outcome from the Judiciary,
we also hope for better governance.

Tinubu is a great man that is always ready to go to any length just for him to achieve his desires.
He's a wealthy man who likes to be in control.

However, I wish Nigeriaians good luck under this regime and beyond.

I think his major reason for not being able to associate with the Igbos during the campaign was cuz he already knew what the outcome would be (after engaging with the Inec Chairs).
Again, he knows very well that Igbos are very wise and he will find it difficult to convince them in having their votes when Obi who is far better than him is also on the Ballot

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Honest Prediction Of Tinubu’s Presidency. by KingOfIsoko1: 1:36pm On Jun 11, 2023
I believe you are a true obedient, I also predict PBAT will abandon most of the busy body agbado men

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Honest Prediction Of Tinubu’s Presidency. by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:37pm On Jun 11, 2023
No one can be worst than buhari. I recalled some fools saying this in 2015 about gej. Anyway, by November eyes go start dey clear. There's no difference between tinubu and buhari. I would even water tinubu will be twenty times worst. This is Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Honest Prediction Of Tinubu’s Presidency. by Dotherightthing: 1:38pm On Jun 11, 2023
Great piece!

I salute your objectivity

However, I trust Tinubu to do everything within his power to have the Igbos on his side.

And it's very easy to get the Igbos - appointments, appointments, appointments.

In no time, the core north will go against Tinubu based on his policies. The lopsidedness that he will correct won't go well with them.

The south and middle belt will be his saving grace.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Honest Prediction Of Tinubu’s Presidency. by Usonkwu: 1:40pm On Jun 11, 2023
If Tinubu was so concerned about security, he wouldn't have opposed the cashless policy so strongly. Buhari bungled it, sure. But it's about the best policy from that administration, for me.
I predict a steep decline in security if the supreme court rules against cbn by December.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Honest Prediction Of Tinubu’s Presidency. by Bluntguy: 1:42pm On Jun 11, 2023
I tend to agree with you on most of the things you wrote, but I still see Tinubu trying to do everything possible to get the Igbos on his side because he knows that if they oppose him the way they did Buhari, he may spend the next four years trying to put his feet on the ground. Take it or leave it, you cannot govern Nigeria successfully by ignoring the Igbos or fighting with them. You will end up praying for your tenure to end quicker than you thought just like Buhari.

7 Likes

Re: My Honest Prediction Of Tinubu’s Presidency. by ayokellany: 1:42pm On Jun 11, 2023
Re: My Honest Prediction Of Tinubu’s Presidency. by garfield1: 1:42pm On Jun 11, 2023
The op try though I don't agree that tinubu dislikes igbos.babachir speaks carelessly,sounds more like a drunkard.why would you take him serious?

6 Likes

Re: My Honest Prediction Of Tinubu’s Presidency. by Zxcvbnmghtr: 1:44pm On Jun 11, 2023
grin Another new convert. Am a convert too. Penguin2 there is nothing to be ashamed of. Our goal is to flourish in the prosperity we all deserve from Nigeria. Like some other converts have said. "I don't care anymore if Obi is not president. All I care about is a working Nigeria and so far Tinubu has been on the right track, if he will be able to fulfill our dreams, what else matters".

I have no doubt that once the 10th Assembly kicks off, Nigeria will take off on a high. I wish you the best penguin2. Cheers!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Honest Prediction Of Tinubu’s Presidency. by seunmsg(m): 1:44pm On Jun 11, 2023
You got two things wrong in your assessment of the president. Asiwaju Bola Tinubu will never be an anti-Igbo president. Tinubu understands the Igbo hatred for Yoruba people long before he was even elected governor of Lagos state. That he tried to build a bridge with Igbo politicians despite the historical hatred shows he’s not a vindictive person.

A lot have been said about Tinubu appointing Igbos into his cabinet in Lagos, but beyond that, Tinubu supported Igbo businesses to grow. He supported Igbo politicians like Mbadinuju and Ngige who were orphaned in their own party. Tinubu is a deals man, he will make more attempt to make deals with Igbo leaders. He will not be antagonistic to the south east in anyway.

Secondly, Tinubu will not bring any Alpha beta kind of arrangement to the Federal Government. As president, you have access to unlimited resources already so you don’t need to go extra mile looking for resources. Again, Alpha beta was a child of necessity to support the opposition movement back then after AD lost the south west to PDP’s rigging in 2003.

Tinubu has achieved his lifelong ambition already, he doesn’t need an Alpha beta kind of war chest to fight any battle again. He’s an old man who has seen it all. He will simply do the best he can for Nigeria and go home thereafter.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Honest Prediction Of Tinubu’s Presidency. by justified007: 1:47pm On Jun 11, 2023
All-round bullshit

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Honest Prediction Of Tinubu’s Presidency. by Britishpea: 1:48pm On Jun 11, 2023
Security will improve
Eduction will improve

Economy will improve
Electricity Will improve
Tinubu has good hands to deploy to work. Contrary to what someone said above that Tinubu’s men ere heading nonsense states. All those people are fantastic guys under a transformative leader this is why the likes of Dele Alake, Wale Edun, Osinbajo, fashola, Opeyemi Bamidele, Aregbesola performed very well under Tinubu’ government as a governor. Buhari didn’t parade illiterates but when a leader appears to be semi illiterate with no dexterity the subjects will likely fail and this is not in the case of Tinubu. He’s smart, still cognitively sound and intelligent. Tinubu now has new crops of guys to inject into the system. Government operates on policy analysis and injections. Buhari won’t even understand the policy let alone the long and short term effect unlike Tinubu. That’s why Buhari failed.

Tinubu is a liberal man. I believe he purposely identified with Islam because of politics. He is not a core believer of any religion. Safe to say that it doesn’t mean he doesn’t believe in anything contrary to your point relative to this issue. He believes in God but he also believes that you have to do more of things with your God given strength. Money, wisdom, power to negotiate, convince and dislodge are strengths to him. The issue of religion can’t stand in this government. In fact I see more of those fake pastors being arrested soon. There will be a leveler among all believers in Nigeria under him.
Expect restructuring in all certainty which will be heralded by population exercise soon.

Tinubu will do well. Nigeria has been degenerated to a low. It will take a lot of hard decisions to get it moving in the right direction. Fingers crossed!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Honest Prediction Of Tinubu’s Presidency. by Penguin2: 1:51pm On Jun 11, 2023
Impera:
This piece is well researched and not far from the truth on all points. Are you a psychologist?
Lol! No.

I’m a philosopher.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Honest Prediction Of Tinubu’s Presidency. by PDPdestroyer(m): 1:53pm On Jun 11, 2023
All these pseudo-intellectuals sef....what a load of crap grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Honest Prediction Of Tinubu’s Presidency. by Georgry(m): 1:54pm On Jun 11, 2023
cheesy
Re: My Honest Prediction Of Tinubu’s Presidency. by Zxcvbnmghtr: 1:56pm On Jun 11, 2023
Usonkwu:
If Tinubu was so concerned about security, he wouldn't have opposed the cashless policy so strongly. Buhari bungled it, sure. But it's about the best policy from that administration, for me.
I predict a steep decline in security if the supreme court rules against cbn by December.

Off point.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Honest Prediction Of Tinubu’s Presidency. by Penguin2: 1:58pm On Jun 11, 2023
happney65:
Dear Penguin,

I didn't want to reply this post but my spirit keeps on pushing me back. I want you to bookmark this and come back to it in about a year or so may the universe grant us good life.

You see there is little or no difference in Tinubu and Buhari and you are already falling for the same set of propaganda they deployed in 2015.

Referring to Buhari's appointees as almost illeterates is unfortunate. Adamu Adamu might be a nonesense minister of Education, but he isn't an illeterates as he is a PHD Holder. So therefore Tinubu's appointees won't be different from that of Buhari.

I mean Buhari's appointees might be mostly of his ethnic block but they were Men and women of timber and calibre. They couldn't perform because their head which is the president do not seen to know what he is doing.

Claiming Tinubu has best hands is also a fallacy. Apart from Lagos, The other states in the SW his people were in charge are nonesense states. Osun state was the Poverty capital of the SW courtsey of Tinubu's right hand Man aregbesola.

Or is it Ekiti? That place is more or less a dead zone. Even Lagos under him became the second worst city to live in the world.

Let's not talk about Lagos itself because even if you put a 10year old as Govornor it can run with or without his input. It was made possible being former federal capital of Nigeria and not the magic of Tinubu

2. Claiming security will improve under Tinubu is a fallacy as there will be little or no difference in the current security architecture.

You referred to the security architecture established by Govornors of the SW which is Amotekun.

Let me bust your brain. It is only Lagos in the SW that doesn't have a single Amotekun force despite sanwo Olu attending their summits.

The creation of Amotekun has helped the SW a lot most especially Oyo state. Yet Tinubu's Lagos do not have one single Amotekun officer because of Tinubu's ambition and not wanting to offend the North.

You see he owes the North,He dare not do anything against them. He wants to be president just to answer the name. He won't do anything spectacular. We will only be taxed more.

No restructuring will happen under him. That I am sure about. Maybe some might happen if Akpabio becomes Senate president on Tuesday which I hope he does.

But if the North becomes Senate president,just forget the Tinubu presidency because they will have him by his scrotum.

The so-called subsidy removal is for government to have more money to embezzle and not for nothing else. It will only lead to more hardship for Nigerians and nothing more.

If I can remember the others you talked about I'll come edit this post

Thanks
I don’t like Tinubu’s face at all, but we have to give it to him that he’s a progressive minded person even though he has a lot of flaws and baggages.

Unlike Buhari who is an ascetic Muslim and feels luxury and having things that make life easy is Haram, Tinubu, being a Yoruba is about the Owambe vibes, the party, the rice, the meat.

Being someone who likes luxury, I see him working to ensure that things that make life enjoyable are available for Nigerians. From improvements in electricity and all.

At the end of the day, I might be wrong, and you will be right, or you might be wrong and I will be right.

We keep fingers crossed.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Honest Prediction Of Tinubu’s Presidency. by Penguin2: 2:00pm On Jun 11, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
grin Another new convert. Am a convert too. Penguin2 there is nothing to be ashamed of. Our goal is to flourish in the prosperity we all deserve from Nigeria. Like some other converts have said. "I don't care anymore if Obi is not president. All I care about is a working Nigeria and so far Tinubu has been on the right track, if he will be able to fulfill our dreams, what else matters".

I have no doubt that once the 10th Assembly kicks off, Nigeria will take off on a high. I wish you the best penguin2. Cheers!

Go back and read my disclaimer; it’s the first paragraph.

Don’t make me insult you by calling me any convert. You have been warned.

3 Likes

Re: My Honest Prediction Of Tinubu’s Presidency. by Zxcvbnmghtr: 2:03pm On Jun 11, 2023
Penguin2:

Go back and read my disclaimer; it’s the first paragraph.

Don’t make me insult you by calling me any convert. You have been warned.

Am a psychologist. grin
Re: My Honest Prediction Of Tinubu’s Presidency. by Bluntguy: 2:04pm On Jun 11, 2023
Dotherightthing:
Great piece!

I salute your objectivity

However, I trust Tinubu to do everything within his power to have the Igbos on his side.

And it's very easy to get the Igbos - appointments, appointments, appointments.

In no time, the core north will go against Tinubu based on his policies. The lopsidedness that he will correct won't go well with them.

The south and middle belt will be his saving grace.
It's not appointments that gets the Igbos by your side as a Nigerian president. It is how far you go in healing the wounds of the past. You just need to make them feel wanted in the Nigeria project. Anything aside from that, you are in for a long tortuous journey in your presidency. The Igbos don't kowtow to anyone. You can count on them if they promise you their support. They don't pretend to like you if you begin your government by marginalizing them. Tinubu's government is just a few days old so they are waiting to see where he leans. That will determine how his government fares in the next four years except the courts say that Peter Obi is the rightful winner of the last election.

2 Likes

Re: My Honest Prediction Of Tinubu’s Presidency. by Penguin2: 2:05pm On Jun 11, 2023
Usonkwu:
The reason Tinubu and his men went against the cashless policy was because it was making the APC more unpopular and further damaging the party’s chances at the polls.

Again, the policy denied Tinubu the deployment of the huge stockpile of cash he would have used for vote buying across country which would have helped him have a less contentious ‘victory’.

It’s not because they didn’t know that the policy has some good side too.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Honest Prediction Of Tinubu’s Presidency. by happney65: 2:06pm On Jun 11, 2023
Penguin2:

I don’t like Tinubu’s face at all, but we have to give it to him that he’s a progressive minded person even though he has a lot of flaws and baggages.

Unlike Buhari who is an ascetic Muslim and feels luxury and having things that make life easy is Haram, Tinubu, being a Yoruba is about the Owambe vibes, the party, the rice, the meat.

Being someone who likes luxury, I see him working to ensure that things that make life enjoyable are available for Nigerians. From improvements in electricity and all.

At the end of the day, I might be wrong, and you will be right, or you might be wrong and I will be right.

We keep fingers crossed.

If Tinubu were to be progressive minded as you said, He would not have brought Buhari. He wouldn't.

Like I told people. He isn't different from Buhari. Infact he is a Buhari Pro Max. The coming weeks and months go show us the truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Honest Prediction Of Tinubu’s Presidency. by ashacot: 2:07pm On Jun 11, 2023
Very useless write up.

Buhari was faced with by far Nigeria worse moments locally and internationally.

Nigeria suffered oil price crash to its all time low twice under president Buhari.
The world suffered a disastrous pandemic that ravaged the world economy especially developing and under developed countries like Nigeria.

The war in Ukraine triple these suffering. Yet you all want Nigeria operate in isolation to the negative happenings across the world.
I was expecting you to use your normal "even Ghana are doing better than Nigeria" rethorics . but alas, Ghana economy has collapsed and need a bail out to survive. Including south Africa economy.

While Bihar has his faults which include his failing to live up to expectations on security, it is ridiculous and wicked to see you all not considering the harsh conditions he worked under for 8-years.

And all your cry of Nepotism is just pyre nonsense. Buhari appointments were almost evenly distributed. So you all should spare us all those nepotism rubbish that you all kept quiet when previous governments followed similar path.

Why not compare the revenue available to Buhari and that of other administrations.

Buhari will go down in history as one of if not the best we have had since 1999 at least.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Honest Prediction Of Tinubu’s Presidency. by swaggerjack: 2:08pm On Jun 11, 2023
You said Tinubu is pained by the massacres in Nigeria?

The same man that used thugs to terrorise Lagosians during elections in the state and used his knowledge of occult magic to try and harm his Deputy Kofo Bucknor

Re: My Honest Prediction Of Tinubu’s Presidency. by sunboy(m): 2:10pm On Jun 11, 2023
On religion:
You’re 100% wrong. If you’re a Yoruba man or lived in the South West you’d probably know better that an average Yoruba man puts God first, the religion second.
Irrespective of what path/religion you choose, a Yoruba man sees you as the same as long as you’re saving a single superior God.

This is why Tinubu a practicing Muslim is married to an active pastor in the ministry.

On security:
Until the whole fabric of our security architecture is redesigned, we won’t see any changes. This is the basic, he has promised to reform it all, I’m patiently waiting for his reforms on that. Most importantly, such reforms must involve bringing massive economic development to the NigerDelta and the North.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Honest Prediction Of Tinubu’s Presidency. by Parachoko: 2:10pm On Jun 11, 2023
grin

2 Likes

Re: My Honest Prediction Of Tinubu’s Presidency. by Penguin2: 2:12pm On Jun 11, 2023
Bluntguy:

It's not appointments that gets the Igbos by your side as a Nigerian president. It is how far you go in healing the wounds of the past. You just need to make them feel wanted in the Nigeria project. Anything aside from that, you are in for a long tortuous journey in your presidency. The Igbos don't kowtow to anyone. You can count on them if they promise you their support. They don't pretend to like if you begin your government by marginalizing them. Tinubu's government is just a few days old so they are waiting to see where he leans. That will determine how his government fares in the next four years except the courts say that Peter Obi is the rightful winner of the last election.
You are right.

Unfortunately a lot of people don’t know this. They think if you appoint Igbos then you become a friend of the Igbos, no.

The Igbos will watch your consistent utterances and actions and behaviors towards them before they start to gravitate towards you and take you as a friend or as an ally.

If you try to pretend to like us, we will see through your pretense from a million miles away and resist you with more aggression.

Buhari tried to pretend to like Igbos by choosing Igbos twice as his running mate but we saw through him and was never deceived. We ended up being proven right when he eventually got power and became a disaster who doesn’t like anyone but his fellow Fulanis.

You don’t impress Igbos with appointments. You impress us by becoming our friend in truth and in spirit.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? / Rich Men Sponsor Us To Vandalize Oil Pipelines — Vandals / Finally A Legacy For Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.