Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Can One Become A Software Engineer And Also Devops engineer? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can One Become A Software Engineer And Also Devops engineer? (506 Views)

Do You Want To Become A Devops Engineer, Check This / LIfe Of A Software Engineer / Whats The Expectant Salary For A Cybersecurity Software Engineer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Become A Software Engineer And Also Devops engineer? by Unclebayo(m): 4:36pm On Jun 11, 2023
Hello do you think is possible for someone to become software engineer and Devops engineer at the same time, especially for someone that don’t have tech background but am ready to use 4 years learning it. Either boot camp or online uni. And if it’s not possible which one do you advice someone like me to go for? Thanks in advance 💯
Re: Can One Become A Software Engineer And Also Devops engineer? by Maj196(m): 6:47pm On Jun 11, 2023
Yes of course
Re: Can One Become A Software Engineer And Also Devops engineer? by Sapeleboy911(m): 7:23pm On Jun 11, 2023
Yes, it is very possible, although I wouldn't recommend a complete beginner to learn both at the same time. These fields can be very demanding and it is like a never-ending rabbit hole, as such it can be very easy for you to get lost or lose your motivation.

If you have the time and resources, The ALX SE program gives a brutal introduction to both worlds.

1 Like

Re: Can One Become A Software Engineer And Also Devops engineer? by Unclebayo(m): 12:33pm On Jun 12, 2023
Sapeleboy911 i really appreciate this your motivation is more than $ to me I swear I’ve followed you already ✅✌️
Re: Can One Become A Software Engineer And Also Devops engineer? by Sapeleboy911(m): 5:04pm On Jun 12, 2023
The sky is your starting point, but always remember the journey is not an easy one. Sometimes I feel like punching my PC screen or feel like am the dumbest person in this world. When such a scenario occurs, I gently walk away from my PC and take a long walk down the road. Imposter syndrome, burnout, and even depression are common case studies, so learn to get used to them.

1 Like

Re: Can One Become A Software Engineer And Also Devops engineer? by Unclebayo(m): 5:27pm On Jun 12, 2023
@Sapeleboy911, hmmm I’ve also heard many people talking about what you said that’s why I don’t want to teach myself 😭 I’ll try the alx or even pursue the degree through online uni, because seniors says having the certification is another opportunity entirely
Re: Can One Become A Software Engineer And Also Devops engineer? by Sapeleboy911(m): 5:43pm On Jun 12, 2023
Unclebayo:
@Sapeleboy911, hmmm I’ve also heard many people talking about what you said that’s why I don’t want to teach myself 😭 I’ll try the Alx or even pursue the degree through online uni because seniors say having the certification is another opportunity entirely

Whichever learning route you take, burnout and imposter syndrome will always be waiting for you on the way. And to be honest with ALX the chances of facing these 2 monsters early on in your journey are very very high. Because ALX is very fast-paced. But their learning materials and tasks are bae.

The most important thing is to remain steadfast, know your goals, and remain motivated despite the challenges.

1 Like

Re: Can One Become A Software Engineer And Also Devops engineer? by SirLakes: 6:44pm On Jun 12, 2023
Why not

I'll advise you start one and be good at it before branching into the other and not learn both simultaneously cool
Re: Can One Become A Software Engineer And Also Devops engineer? by Immunity1555: 4:28pm On Jun 15, 2023
Unclebayo:
Hello do you think is possible for someone to become software engineer and Devops engineer at the same time, especially for someone that don’t have tech background but am ready to use 4 years learning it. Either boot camp or online uni. And if it’s not possible which one do you advice someone like me to go for? Thanks in advance 💯
Kindly start with one. Settle down with one skill and thereafter you can start to learn any other Tech skill of your choice. You will learn with live projects.
I will recommend you to https://bincomdevcenter.com/globaltech/
Also DM 07038092071 Incase of any challenge.

(1) (Reply)

If Svelte Is That Great How Come React Is Dominating / Take note if you're a programmer / CAD Software For Drafting Patterns In Clothing & Textiles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.