Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,886 members, 7,810,406 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

New Chinese Traffic Light In Abuja To Be Avoided By All Means. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / New Chinese Traffic Light In Abuja To Be Avoided By All Means. (3664 Views)

The Ora Cat: A Quietly Impressive New Chinese Cheap EV / Fine For Jumping Traffic Light / Watch 2017's Worst Red-light Runners Showing Dangers Of Disobeying Traffic Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Chinese Traffic Light In Abuja To Be Avoided By All Means. by Rubby1(m): 6:11pm On Jun 11, 2023
Good Evening all. Thank God is Sunday, I was with a top FRSC officer yesterday, who told me that the new Chinese traffic lights in the FCT (Abuja) are not just to direct traffic but a means of generating IGR for the Government, any time you go against the traffic lights, it will record your PLATE NUMBER and it will show in their database and a fine will be attached, so when you are ready to renew your license or papers it will show your accumulated fine and if you are not ready to pay at that time your car will be impounded and start Demurrage from that day, pls let us respect the new Chinese traffic lights and know the type of people we give our cars to and advise everyone too.

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: New Chinese Traffic Light In Abuja To Be Avoided By All Means. by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:18pm On Jun 11, 2023
thats actually a GOOD THING!

17 Likes

Re: New Chinese Traffic Light In Abuja To Be Avoided By All Means. by funshint(m): 6:48pm On Jun 11, 2023
So what is there to be avoided? It's actually a good thing. That's the standard all over the world. Every agency of government must sit tight in Tinubu's administration. The era of laxity is over.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Chinese Traffic Light In Abuja To Be Avoided By All Means. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:58pm On Jun 11, 2023
Rubby1:
Good Evening all. Thank God is Sunday, I was with a top FRSC officer yesterday, who told me that the new Chinese traffic lights in the FCT (Abuja) are not just to direct traffic but a means of generating IGR for the Government, any time you go against the traffic lights, it will record your PLATE NUMBER and it will show in their database and a fine will be attached, so when you are ready to renew your license or papers it will show your accumulated fine and if you are not ready to pay at that time your car will be impounded and start Demurrage from that day, pls let us respect the new Chinese traffic lights and know the type of people we give our cars to and advise everyone too.

why not just drive like a normal person, obey the lights and renew docs when due. .

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Chinese Traffic Light In Abuja To Be Avoided By All Means. by mymadam(m): 7:13pm On Jun 11, 2023
funshint:
So what is there to be avoided? It's actually a good thing. That's the standard all over the world. Every agency of government must sit tight in Tinubu's administration. The era of laxity is over.

I wonder o undecided

3 Likes

Re: New Chinese Traffic Light In Abuja To Be Avoided By All Means. by BarrElChapo(m): 7:15pm On Jun 11, 2023
Rubby1:

Respect the Chinese traffic light ? Not the traffic laws ? We're the worst 😏

10 Likes

Re: New Chinese Traffic Light In Abuja To Be Avoided By All Means. by endy69: 7:43pm On Jun 11, 2023
funshint:
Project that has been on long before Tinubu is Tinubu’s doing? As una dey claim the good, good things if bad one happens make una no pas am to Buhari

2 Likes

Re: New Chinese Traffic Light In Abuja To Be Avoided By All Means. by Doubleoh7: 8:02pm On Jun 11, 2023
Some Nigerians and their penchant for 'anyhowness' shaa. Imagine being so comfortable breaking the law that someone have to put up such a thread? Good luck with your avoidance system.

4 Likes

Re: New Chinese Traffic Light In Abuja To Be Avoided By All Means. by aieromon(m): 10:25pm On Jun 11, 2023
Rubby1:

WhatsApp broadcast gibberish

https://von.gov.ng/traffic-light-fcta-flags-off-construction-of-wireless-signals/

https://guardian.ng/news/abuja-residents-commend-installation-of-traffic-light/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJyMobgBR7Q

Re: New Chinese Traffic Light In Abuja To Be Avoided By All Means. by falcon01: 10:54pm On Jun 11, 2023
Rubby1:
That's a development

1 Like

Re: New Chinese Traffic Light In Abuja To Be Avoided By All Means. by Dzzzz: 11:21pm On Jun 11, 2023
Na who renew license dey pay Na..
Re: New Chinese Traffic Light In Abuja To Be Avoided By All Means. by bdon123(m): 3:50am On Jun 12, 2023
funshint:
Do u know how many yrs ago that light 2as installed?
Re: New Chinese Traffic Light In Abuja To Be Avoided By All Means. by buygala(m): 6:18am On Jun 12, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

why not just drive like a normal person, obey the lights and renew docs when due. .

What if like most China Products or due to improper maintenance, it malfunctions or it is deliberately tampered with by the authorities to raise revenue, irrespective of whether an offence is committed or not? grin... This is Nigeria where even Traffic lights can be modded to catch only Ibo pipu tongue

Angrygoat beats a redlight but na innocent AutoManual wey dey behind am wey move on green e catch when im OS boot finish 10 seconds later? grin

Point is.. Drive sanely but pray not to fall a victim of the Nigerian situation.. You won't be the first or the last to fall victim of wrongly registered traffic offence by these Traffic lights.

Stuff that work flawlessly abroad somehow almost always find a way to misbehave in Nigeria.
Re: New Chinese Traffic Light In Abuja To Be Avoided By All Means. by WeirdAlien: 9:36am On Jun 12, 2023
This is what we need in Nigeria. Not police or FRSC or lastma pursuing you on the road and causing a lot more danger than the one they want to arrest you for. At the end you can call one DPO or Army Colonel or politian to bail you out, or just beg with money. Then we all drive like animals.
In places like UK, if you run a red, or use the bus lane. You will see your fine ticket at your doorstep the next morning - that money you're hurrying to go and make, you will pay it as fine. Refusing to pay would destroy your credit score or even land you in jail. Now why won't you obey the traffic rules?

1 Like

Re: New Chinese Traffic Light In Abuja To Be Avoided By All Means. by Lawly: 11:54am On Jun 12, 2023
Rubby1:

If that will remove all those useless parasitic extortion machines called VIO, agberos and police from all the roads in Abuja, it's a welcome development. THOSE IDIOTS SHOULD LEAVE THE ROADS FOR ONLY ROAD SAFETY OFFICERS.
Re: New Chinese Traffic Light In Abuja To Be Avoided By All Means. by Gadafii: 4:20pm On Jun 12, 2023
This is needed in Lagos, but na private card go suffer am pass, all these danfos and moline without documentation fit for scrap across Lagos go still Dey beat traffic lights and road rules and nothing go happen to them, as long as they can pay certain bribe
Re: New Chinese Traffic Light In Abuja To Be Avoided By All Means. by Day169: 12:55am On Jun 13, 2023
BarrElChapo:

Respect the Chinese traffic light ? Not the traffic laws ? We're the worst 😏
Simply put, you need a trap to catch an animal. undecided

(1) (Reply)

My New Project - Kurupe / 1996 VW Vento Or 1996 Toyota Camry / Toyota Camry 2007 V6 SE Flaring On 3rd Gear When Engine Is Not Warm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.