Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Embedded Software Engineer In Nigeria Market - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Embedded Software Engineer In Nigeria Market (382 Views)

How To Be A Software Engineer In 2023. / Arduino Visual Embedded Programming With Flprog / Free Embedded Systems Design Seminar In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Embedded Software Engineer In Nigeria Market by tollyboy5(m): 7:06am On Jun 12, 2023
I've been trying to reach out to some successful embedded programmer on this forum and elsewhere but couldn't get their attention. I would want to know what carrier path they chose in the embedded software development because its more like there are not jobs out there for embedded programmer.

And the cost or process for producing a prototype hardware not to talk of mass production is crazy. So embedded programmers here on this forum how do you get a good job as an embedded software engineer.
Re: Embedded Software Engineer In Nigeria Market by airsaylongcome: 8:03am On Jun 12, 2023
Don’t they start out coding microcontrollers like the Raspberry pico?

1 Like

Re: Embedded Software Engineer In Nigeria Market by tollyboy5(m): 11:45am On Jun 13, 2023
airsaylongcome:
Don’t they start out coding microcontrollers like the Raspberry pico?
The yeye bot stopped me from replying.

Coding microcontroller! Whats the end result? making a device right! and trying to push the device to market. Now i wish to know there are companies in nigeria that are into those kind of stuff.
Re: Embedded Software Engineer In Nigeria Market by airsaylongcome: 12:08pm On Jun 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

The yeye bot stopped me from replying.

Coding microcontroller! Whats the end result? making a device right! and trying to push the device to market. Now i wish to know there are companies in nigeria that are into those kind of stuff.

What do we make in this country apart from food and some other life's basics? We no dey manufacturer shishi. The only thing I can think of would be one of these Payment terminals. Maybe do some design. But actual manufacturing would always be in China
Re: Embedded Software Engineer In Nigeria Market by tollyboy5(m): 12:39pm On Jun 13, 2023
airsaylongcome:

What do we make in this country apart from food and some other life's basics? We no dey manufacturer shishi. The only thing I can think of would be one of these Payment terminals. Maybe do some design. But actual manufacturing would always be in China
Bro no reason am o! hardware is not that easy and i think those into hardware technology need to come together and form a union!
1. Electronics marketers might also loose customers because i feel if hardware guys could form a union and import these electronics component directly from china it will give then more assurance to cheaper product and escape buying copied microcontroller that put peoples hard work into mess.
I remember almost embarrassing myself some years ago, I was to teach some engineers in ajah how to prepare an inverter. So they decided they'll get the component from their trusted source and i said no problem! na there i take f up, i would have bought those component on their behalf. Naso i start to battle with the rubbish and it didn't work. it took me time to know that the components were substandard.

Some people and company that are actually producing hardware devices not much because it is brain and capital intensive.
Re: Embedded Software Engineer In Nigeria Market by digitalman: 12:52pm On Jun 13, 2023
I agree. Embedded systems development jobs is almost non-existent in Nigeria.
Its all Python, Javascript, Web Administrations and Full Stack Web Developments.

Most Embedded Engineers resort to developing and selling Inverters.

2 Likes

Re: Embedded Software Engineer In Nigeria Market by airsaylongcome: 1:12pm On Jun 13, 2023
digitalman:
I agree. Embedded systems development jobs is almost non-existent in Nigeria.
Its all Python, Javascript, Web Administrations and Full Stack Web Developments.

Most Embedded Engineers resort to developing and selling Inverters.

So here's my take? How about them pivoting to home automation? Or better still building automation?
Re: Embedded Software Engineer In Nigeria Market by airsaylongcome: 1:16pm On Jun 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

Bro no reason am o! hardware is not that easy and i think those into hardware technology need to come together and form a union!
1. Electronics marketers might also loose customers because i feel if hardware guys could form a union and import these electronics component directly from china it will give then more assurance to cheaper product and escape buying copied microcontroller that put peoples hard work into mess.
I remember almost embarrassing myself some years ago, I was to teach some engineers in ajah how to prepare an inverter. So they decided they'll get the component from their trusted source and i said no problem! na there i take f up, i would have bought those component on their behalf. Naso i start to battle with the rubbish and it didn't work. it took me time to know that the components were substandard.

Some people and company that are actually producing hardware devices not much because it is brain and capital intensive.

So it's great to see your enthusiasm. But moderate a bit to avoid heart break because this Nigerian market is a very fickle one and very sensitive to price changes. You'd be surprised to find out that it's actually cheaper to import from China than to manufacture here. China manufactures in formidable volumes and can drive their cost prices down due to economies of scale. Will you be able to match a Cottage Chinese manufacturer who doesn't have to bother about electricity outage and thus can run his plant 24/7?
Re: Embedded Software Engineer In Nigeria Market by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jun 13, 2023
Embedded systems doesn't pay much nowadays

So not much people doing it these days

Being in embedded systems means having tools which means having to purchase physical hardwares and tinkering with them

The field you can dive into as an embedded systems engineer is IOT

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Am Developing A Vtu Portal And I Need Assistance / Php Laravel Intern Needed (fully Remote) / Contact Us For Your School Portal With Result Checker Using Scratch Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.