Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Enyimba, Delta Queens Crowned Champions Of Nigerian League (Videos) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Enyimba, Delta Queens Crowned Champions Of Nigerian League (Videos) (16268 Views)

Ivory Coast Parade Through Abidjan As Champions Of Africa / UEFA Champions League Suspended PSG Likely To Be Crowned Champions Today / Enyimba Are Champions Of The NPFL 2018/2019 Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enyimba, Delta Queens Crowned Champions Of Nigerian League (Videos) by naptu2: 7:24am On Jun 12, 2023
Enyimba vs Rivers United full match and trophy presentation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RR_hHhDIaM&t=3664s

NPL Playoffs: Enyimba Win Record Ninth Title

Enyimba claimed a ninth Nigeria Premier League title following a 1-1 draw against Rivers United at the Mobolaji Johnson Arena, Onikan, Lagos on Sunday.

The People’s Elephant top the NPL Super Six playoffs standings with nine points from five games.

Ekenne Awazie gave Enyimba the lead six minutes before the break after Enyimba failed to clear their lines.

Rivers United fought back and got the equaliser through Nyima Nwagua three minutes after the break.

Enyimba will also compete in the CAF Champions League next season.

Remo Stars came second with same points but have an inferior goal difference.

The Sky Blue Stars will compete in the CAF Champions League for the first time.

Rivers United finished in third position and earn a secure a berth in the CAF Confederation Cup.

https://www.completesports.com/npl-playoffs-enyimba-win-record-ninth-title/

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Enyimba, Delta Queens Crowned Champions Of Nigerian League (Videos) by naptu2: 7:24am On Jun 12, 2023
Bayelsa Queens vs Delta Queens full match and trophy presentation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJdTKUpFSPI

Delta Queens reclaim NWFL Premiership title after 11 years + reactions

Delta Queens finally reclaimed the Nigeria Women Football League (NWFL) Premiership title after a 2-1 win over 2021/2022 champions, Bayelsa Queens on Sunday.

The wife of the new Delta State Governor, Tobore Oborevwori observed the ceremonial pre-match kick-off at the Stephen Keshi Stadium, Asaba.

The epic triumph did not come easy for the hosts of 2022/2023 NWFL Premiership Super Six as they had to come from behind with two goals from super substitute Chinaza Agoh in the second half.

The Cup holders, 2022 WAFU-B and CAF Women’s Champions League bronze winner started the cagey game on a bright note and had a free kick in the 13th minute at the edge of the box.

Zainab Olapade’s free kick in the 14th minute hit the woodwork before Chisom Henry, unfortunately, put the ball into her net.

With its 15-match unbeaten run on the line, Tosan Blankson’s side surged forward for the equaliser and had a chance in the 45th minute to even the scoreline after Bayelsa Queens’ captain, Uzoamaka Igwe brought down Mercy Omokwo inside the box.

Fehintola Mabokanje missed the resulting spot kick and the Prosperity Girls went into the dugout with a 1-0 lead.

Determined to avoid its first loss of the campaign, coach Blankson introduced Chinaza Agoh and Inyang Esther in place of Olabiyi Folajomi Alaba and Sandra Johnosi in the 65th minute.

The changes paid off as Agoh notched the equalized for Delta two minutes after her introduction with a brilliant acrobatic style goal.

The goal conceded was the first by Bayelsa in this year’s Super Six after a 1-0 win over Robo Queens and Rivers Angels respectively.

Four minutes from regulation time, Agoh scored the stunning winner for the Asaba-based side as Delta held on to claim its sixth league title and its first since 2012.

With the title success, Delta Queens will represent Nigeria at the 2023 WAFU-B Zonal Qualifiers, where they will bid to qualify for the Cote d’Ivoire 2023 CAF Women’s Champions League later this year.

On the other hand, Bayelsa will now shift focus on the 2023 Federation Cup final as they hope to defend their crown after failing to retain the league diadem.

WHAT THEY SAID

Bayelsa Queens Technical Adviser, Domo Okara: “We came up with a plan to win the match but we lost. We cannot win every game. I wish the winners the best of luck. We lost some attackers. Some of them have traveled to Europe. The only area where we had challenges was in attack. “We would go and prepare and bounce back next season. I wish Delta Queens the best of luck.”

Delta Queens coach, Tosan Blankson: “I want to thank the players first. We know that God is always there for everybody but I want o thank the players first for the intense pressure in the game. We have been preparing for the Super Six even before the end of the regular season. We knew we are playing the Super Six. These girls are all national team materials. I am short of words but I give God all the glory for the victory. Don’t be surprised at what you have seen in the regular season and Super Six is the same thing you would see during continental matches. Football is all about planning. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. We knew the first half is going to be tough for us so we have to keep Chinaza outside. When she came in, she was fresh and gave us the desired goals.”

https://thenwfl.com/2023/06/11/delta-queens-reclaim-nwfl-premiership-title-after-11-years-reactions/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enyimba, Delta Queens Crowned Champions Of Nigerian League (Videos) by naptu2: 7:24am On Jun 12, 2023
Fisayo Dairo @FisayoDairo

CHAMPIONS ENYIMBA!

The moment Enyimba became the NPFL champions for 2022/2023.

Congratulations to Finidi George and his assistant Yemi Olanrewaju YEMA!

The People’s Elephant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnS2vpsSvlw

https://twitter.com/FisayoDairo/status/1667985237542858753

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enyimba, Delta Queens Crowned Champions Of Nigerian League (Videos) by naptu2: 7:41am On Jun 12, 2023
Delta Queens dominate NWFL Premiership Super 6 individual awards

After winning its first Nigerian league title in 11 years with a 2-1 win over 2021/2022 winners Bayelsa Queens on Sunday, Delta Queens dominated individual awards for the 2022/2023 season.

Tosan Blankson’s side scooped all three awards on offer after the final game of the 2022/2023 Nigeria Women Football League (NWFL) Premiership Super Six at the expense of Bayelsa Queens.

Mercy Omokwo who scored nine goals for Delta Queens during the regular season clinched the top goalscorer award.

“We worked so hard for the team as attackers to make things happen so we give God all the glory and hoped for a better season,” Omokwo told theNWFL.com.

“On the field, you bring in your own skills to play together with the knowledge the coach gave to us in order to bring glory to the team. We don’t play individual football.

“It wasn’t easy scoring nine goals this season because we had so many attackers who also fought for the highest goal scorer but I believed in God and prayers. I wasn’t going to fight for it at the beginning but when it comes, it is going to come. I had to fight and give everything that I have to achieve it.”

With her fantastic brace in the final, Chinaza Agoh’s superb contribution off the bench ended Delta Queens long wait for title and also earned her the Most Valuable Player award.

She came close to winning the highest goal scorer prize but Omokwo beats her to the award which she cherished.

“I worked hard because I know what is inside of me. I always pray to God as I don’t have any other God and pray hard to get better because I believe in myself,” Agoh said.

Delta Queen’s goalie, Mgbechi Anderline smiles home with the best goalkeeper award, told theNWFL.com: “I want to thank my God and teammates because it wasn’t an easy job.

“For this tournament, I made up my mind that in any match that I was going to play, I pray for it to be successful without conceding any goal. I played before being converted into a goalkeeper. Thanks to our Team Manager who asked me to switch to.”

https://thenwfl.com/2023/06/11/delta-queens-dominate-nwfl-premiership-super-6-individual-awards/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enyimba, Delta Queens Crowned Champions Of Nigerian League (Videos) by naptu2: 7:41am On Jun 12, 2023
Falconets' goalkeeper is the best goalkeeper of the competition.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Enyimba's coach and Super Eagles legend Finidi George speaks after leading Enyimba to NPFL Super 6 Title

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y6V6EcDykA

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enyimba, Delta Queens Crowned Champions Of Nigerian League (Videos) by naptu2: 7:50am On Jun 12, 2023
Earlier in the competition

Fisayo Dairo @FisayoDairo
HT: Sunshine Stars 0-2 Enyimba

Nice to see the Enyimba flares go up as the People’s Elephant return to the top of the table for the time being, as long as they can maintain the score line at the very least. Somiari Alalibo captaining Enyimba for the first time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqu3MTySrjw

https://twitter.com/FisayoDairo/status/1667243720050089991

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enyimba, Delta Queens Crowned Champions Of Nigerian League (Videos) by naptu2: 8:22am On Jun 12, 2023
Rivers Angels vs Confluence Queens [2-0] 3rd Place match | NWFL Super 6 2023 highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLMi4VDYHu0

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enyimba, Delta Queens Crowned Champions Of Nigerian League (Videos) by INTEGRITYA1(m): 8:42am On Jun 12, 2023
Congratulations

See Executively Built 3 Bedroom Bungalow in the Mowe Town very close to Redemption Camp and 15 minutes drive from Ojodu Berger, Lagos. It saves you all the stress of building from the scratch.
Available in N27.5m, N25million and N20million respectfully; which can be spread for up to 12 months without additional interest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2-KwQ7NHMk

1 Like

Re: Enyimba, Delta Queens Crowned Champions Of Nigerian League (Videos) by slawomir: 8:42am On Jun 12, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Congratulations

But I want ask questions

How female footballer dey be In za oza room

Bendel insurance looseguard sha

Just dey draw draw matches anyhow

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enyimba, Delta Queens Crowned Champions Of Nigerian League (Videos) by Dikaveli(m): 8:43am On Jun 12, 2023
South East and south south should have their own countries

They are well represented

24 Likes

Re: Enyimba, Delta Queens Crowned Champions Of Nigerian League (Videos) by WEALTHYLADYTIME(f): 8:43am On Jun 12, 2023
Good One.

BUT I DON' LIKE THE CELEBRATION BACKGROUND,ITS LOOKS SO POOR,

I'M DISSAPOINTED AT NIGERIA LEAGUE ORGANISERS OR WHATEVER THEY CALL THEM,

ITS MY FIRST TIME OF SEEING SUCH A POOR CELEBRATION OF A LEAGUE WINNER.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Enyimba, Delta Queens Crowned Champions Of Nigerian League (Videos) by Spartacus101(m): 8:45am On Jun 12, 2023
Kudus to Enyimba. They knew the job they had to do and they did it

12 Likes

Re: Enyimba, Delta Queens Crowned Champions Of Nigerian League (Videos) by DWJOBScom(m): 8:45am On Jun 12, 2023
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Enyimba, Delta Queens Crowned Champions Of Nigerian League (Videos) by AmazingELixir: 8:46am On Jun 12, 2023
undecided

Rivers United lost the title when they failed to beat Lobi stars that were busy donating points to every other teams.

8 Likes

Re: Enyimba, Delta Queens Crowned Champions Of Nigerian League (Videos) by Cmanforall: 8:46am On Jun 12, 2023
Some players there should be given opportunity in Super Eagles

Or can we watch a live match between this Enyimba team and the Portuguese-selected Super Eagles team?

Who ever wins should form most of our SE new team

14 Likes

Re: Enyimba, Delta Queens Crowned Champions Of Nigerian League (Videos) by KStylist: 8:46am On Jun 12, 2023
100M?
Dem don dey try o.

8 Likes

Re: Enyimba, Delta Queens Crowned Champions Of Nigerian League (Videos) by tonididdy(m): 8:46am On Jun 12, 2023
This league needs love ❤️

…an attractive woman attracts MEN.
…soup wey sweet, na money kill am!

8 Likes

Re: Enyimba, Delta Queens Crowned Champions Of Nigerian League (Videos) by AmazingELixir: 8:47am On Jun 12, 2023
undecided

Rivers United lost the title when they failed to beat Lobi stars that were busy donating points to every other teams.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enyimba, Delta Queens Crowned Champions Of Nigerian League (Videos) by marlow1962(m): 8:47am On Jun 12, 2023
Cool.
Our football federation is a mess, only Africa countries do not have English team
African football is still a mess
Re: Enyimba, Delta Queens Crowned Champions Of Nigerian League (Videos) by tonididdy(m): 8:48am On Jun 12, 2023
KStylist:
100M?
Dem don dey try o.

Ha…100m for the entire 9ja
Too small abeg… should be nothing less than half a billion
Half a billion and you’ll see a healthy growth in the league. You can’t tell me naija sport lovers can’t raise 500m prize for the league!

18 Likes

Re: Enyimba, Delta Queens Crowned Champions Of Nigerian League (Videos) by SmartPolician: 8:48am On Jun 12, 2023
I like this. You people should often report Nigerian league games

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enyimba, Delta Queens Crowned Champions Of Nigerian League (Videos) by KStylist: 8:49am On Jun 12, 2023
tonididdy:

Ha…100m for the entire 9ja
Too small abeg… should be nothing less than half a billion
Lol. This is the first time they are paying #100M. It used to be #40-50M previous seasons.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enyimba, Delta Queens Crowned Champions Of Nigerian League (Videos) by blinking001(m): 8:50am On Jun 12, 2023
Prize money isn't that bad at all. Nigeria to the world.

We move.

10 Likes

Re: Enyimba, Delta Queens Crowned Champions Of Nigerian League (Videos) by Ykc2(m): 8:50am On Jun 12, 2023
Enyimba real Madrid of Nigeria 9 times league title holder 2 caf Cup and echataram na echetaghim wey follow

14 Likes

Re: Enyimba, Delta Queens Crowned Champions Of Nigerian League (Videos) by abobote: 8:50am On Jun 12, 2023
Its been long I watch Nigeria league.
The league is dying everyday

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Canada : (1 - 1) U-17 Women's World Cup On Saturday Sept-22-2012 / FG Withdraws Corruption Charges Against Pinnick / “l Will Be Free From FIFA Ban In 2024 – Samson Siasia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.