Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

So Much Fuss About Nothing (18+) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / So Much Fuss About Nothing (18+) (9594 Views)

Nothing Goes For Nothing (18+) / Let Me Show You Where I Did Formatting And Layout Of My Ebook Without Fuss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

So Much Fuss About Nothing (18+) by CasNova: 10:38am On Jun 12, 2023
Hello everyone.

This story came briefly before but I had to withdraw it to rewrite.

This is a branded new one.

So Much Fuss About Nothing

A Steamy Romance

Cas Nova

Desire is a fine guy with good intentions. He is feisty about life. His chance meeting with an old school mate brings a lot of passion in him. He is, unfortunately, disappointed. He meets another lady and he thinks he has got the desire of his heart after all. Again, he is bitten.

Some few minutes after eleven in the morning, I decided to go out for breakfast break. I worked for a consultancy firm and we usually had break between eleven a.m and twelve noon. Our office was on the fourth floor of a giant edifice at palm groove, Lagos. I had to take the stair case as the only elevator was out of service. Since I joined the firm about nine months ago, I could count the number of times I had used the elevator. The morning sun hit my body as soon as I stepped out of the building. ‘

Before buying any meal, I decided to make some withdrawal. Since I did not bring my ATM card, I would have to go to the bank. It was just a few metres away, so there was no qualms. I walked into the banking hall of Total Trust Bank, TTB, which as usual was brimming with customers. The last teller had the least number of customers. I joined the queue and patiently waited for my turn. The line moved fast and soon I was the one to be attended to. Just then, I discovered that the lady behind the counter was faintly familiar. She was not even looking at me.

She stretched out her hand to take the withdrawal voucher. Seconds into rattling the keys of the computer, she paused to look at my face. I stared right back. Then, I broke into a smile. Now, I knew where I had known her before.

"Desire?" she asked gently. "Desire Bankole ?"

I nodded and continued the smile. "And I'm very sure I'm looking at Bimpe ."

She smiled too. "Of course. It's good to see you again. Long time no see."

Indeed, it was quite a long time. Bimpe was my classmate in secondary school. She was one of the prettiest girls in the class, but the least sociable. It had come as a shock when the school named her as the Social Prefect. True to her character, but very unusual of a student, she had declined the offer. Besides, many students regarded her as a snob. That was about eight years ago. As she was at work, we could not talk much. I however got her number and promised to give her a call. Back at work, my mind kept flashing back to my secondary school days.

I was very reserved then, just like Bimpe ; but I was never a snob. Due to her character, boys, including myself avoided her. Or rather, she avoided us. I had forgotten about her soon after the graduation and valedictory service. I went on to Bayero University, Kano, for a degree in English language. Many of my friends could not understand the reason for my choice. My parents who could have objected did not object. After my degree and my NYSC, I was back in Lagos to face job hustles.

So Much Fuss About Nothing: https://store.okadabooks.com/book/about/so-much-fuss-about-nothing/53199

1 Like

Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing (18+) by BigBasher: 12:38pm On Jun 12, 2023
Following.
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing (18+) by CasNova: 2:08pm On Jun 12, 2023
My parents who could have objected did not object. After my degree and my NYSC, I was back in lagos to face job hustles.

So Much Fuss About Nothing: https://store.okadabooks.com/book/about/so-much-fuss-about-nothing/53199

Six months after getting my current job, I was able to secure a mini flat and I moved out my uncle's house at Ikosi. Now at the age of twenty-six I would not settling down in the next couple of years. But right now, there was no lady in my life. My last girlfriend, Eniola called the relationship off about two months ago. I had thought the relationship was heading somewhere before I realized that it was not. Now, as I thought of Bimpe , I briefly wondered if ... Hey, stop your wild imagination, my mind told me. Much later in the I called the number Bimpe had given me. It rang on and on without response. Could she be busy? It was already past nine p.m. Surely, she should at home now. I sighed and decided that I would try again.

When it was quarter to ten, I called the number again. This time around, the was picked after the fourth ring.

"Hello," I said.

"Hello, yes, who's on the line?" It was the voice of a man.

My heart sank immediately. I did not even ask her if she was married. I only assumed she was not. Could this be her husband? Or her boyfriend?

"Can I be on to Bimpe ?" I said, almost plaitively. "She gave me this number this morning."

"But, who are you?" the voice demanded. I sighed.

"My name is Desire. I ..."

"Hold on," the voice interrupted. I held my breath, wondering what was going on at the end of the line. After about two minutes, which seemed like ages, a soft voice said: "Hello, Desire. How're you?"
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing (18+) by Saturn101: 8:21am On Jun 13, 2023
Following
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing (18+) by Awesome05: 8:08am On Jun 14, 2023
Awesome start.
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing (18+) by CasNova: 9:39am On Jun 16, 2023
Awesome05:
Awesome start.
Thanks for the compliment.
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing (18+) by CasNova: 10:57am On Jun 16, 2023
After about two minutes, which seemed like ages, a soft voice said: "Hello, Desire. How're you?"

I sighed again. "Hello. I was wondering if I had called the wrong number."

"Oh, no. I was busy in the kitchen. That was my brother, Mike that picked the call."

I felt relieved. "Your brother?" she laughed briefly across the line.

"Of course, that was my brother. Who else did you think it was?" "I thought it was your husband or boyfriend."

"Husband?" she sounded surprised. "No, I'm not yet married. Boyfriend? I don't need one."

Her voice oozed of conceit. My mind told me she had not changed. This was still the same snobbish Bimpe ; the same person that was behaving as if she needed no one in her life.

was glad too that she said that. We went on to chart briefly. I could sense that she wanted to be friendly with me. Well, there should be no harm in that. After about four minutes of chatting, I ended the call with a promise to call her at another time. But a part of my mind was saying I should not get carried away by her. She was a pretty and delectable lady no doubt, but her condescending attitude was a 'yellow card.'

Some days after I called, I tried to suppress the urge of calling her again. However, she called me on Thursday morning.

"Have you been so busy you forget me?" she asked as a way of greeting.

"Oh, no, I did not forget you," I replied.

"So, why didn't you call?"

"Well, it's good that you call. How are you?"

We exchanged pleasantries. "I want to know something," she went on. "Why is it that you've not changed in the last eight years?"

I was surprised at her question. "What...what do you mean?" I stuttered. "As far as I can see, you're still aloof."
Really? Was I? "I didn't get what you really mean," I said.

"Of course you know what I mean, but let's leave that for another time. By the way, where do you stay? Are living with your parents?" I gave her the correct answers. "Why don't you send the address to me? I can pay you a visit this Saturday afternoon, if you don't mind."

Did I mind? I told her I would send the address and the description of how to get to the place pronto the moment our conversation was over.
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing (18+) by BigBasher: 7:36am On Jun 18, 2023
Go on please.
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing (18+) by CasNova: 11:53am On Jun 20, 2023
Did I mind? I told her I would send the address and the description of how to get to the place pronto the moment our conversation was over.

"Alright, see you," she said. That was the end of the conversation. Bimpe was obviously encouraging me. I did not really mind. So, she wanted to come to my place this weekend. Good, she was welcome.
"You look happy," my thoughts were interrupted.

It was from Barbra, a colleague in the office. I didn't know she had been studying me. "Was it a babe? Have you got a new catch?" Barbra was friendly, but could be nosy. I grinned but did not utter a word. "Come on, tell me about her," she prodded. "Is she beautiful? Is she more beautiful than me?"

"She's just an old class mate," I said simply.

"I'm sure there's more to it," she countered. "Your countenance says it."

I simply shrugged off what she said. That Saturday, right from the moment I woke up, I was mindful of the fact I would be receiving an important guest that day. About noon, I decided to fry the one kilogram of chicken that I had bought. I was good in cooking and had decided to treat my guest to fried rice and fried chicken. In my small kitchen,

I whistled gently as I prepared the meal. My guest did not arrive until some minutes to three p.m. She first called to tell she was in the area. I was surprised my heart was hammering in anxiety. When she finally breezed in, I was dazzled. Her dress was simple, but every part of it accentuated her curviness and beauty.

"You look gorgeous," I could not help commenting. She smiled and gave me a peck. That was a good way to start. "You are welcome," I offered. "Please, sit down."

She looked around the sitting-room and nodded in approval. "A nice, little place you have here," she commented. That must be a great commendation coming from her.

"Thanks," I replied. We chatted about old times. We asked each other about some classmates. She did not know much about others as she went to study in university in Ghana. She told me she got her bank job some months ago and had been posted to Palm Groove branch just that week. I told her about my own job and the modest income. I asked her what drinks I could get her, but she said that could come later.

2 Likes

Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing (18+) by ThrillPlus: 10:40am On Jun 21, 2023
Nice update.
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing (18+) by BigBasher: 3:29pm On Jun 23, 2023
Interesting work.

1 Like

Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing (18+) by Awesome05: 2:43pm On Jun 25, 2023
Go on please.
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing (18+) by CasNova: 2:22pm On Jun 27, 2023
BigBasher:
Interesting work.
Thanks.
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing (18+) by ThrillPlus: 9:49am On Jun 28, 2023
Go on.
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing (18+) by Janet96(f): 9:33am On Jul 01, 2023
Following
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing (18+) by BigBasher: 12:54pm On Jul 03, 2023
Go on.
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing (18+) by kweensheba: 3:15pm On Jul 06, 2023
Nice work
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing (18+) by CasNova: 11:09am On Jul 07, 2023
She told me she got her bank job some months ago and had been posted to Palm Groove branch just that week. I told her about my own job and the modest income. I asked her what drinks I could get her, but she said that could come later.

I also announced that I had prepared some delicacies for her.
"Really?" she looked pleasantly surprised. "You can cook?" I smiled.
"Well, I try my best," I replied modestly.

"Good, I can't wait to taste your food." she followed me to the kitchen. We dished out the food and returned to the sitting-room.

"Hmn...the food smells delicious," she remarked. "I'm sure the taste will be so too."

I smiled. "You will soon find out. As the saying goes, the taste of the pudding is in the eating."

"Yeah." I moved the centre to the sofa and placed the dish on it. She said a short prayer before she started to eat. "Wow, the taste is tantalizing," she commented. "It's hard to believe that you prepared this." I smiled broadly. "Thanks for the compliment."

There was silence for the next few minutes. After the meal, she offered to take the dish to the kitchen. When she came back to the sitting-room, it was time for conversation. She was the one that set the ball rolling. "How long are you going to keep hiding it? I was nonplused.

"Hide what?"

She chuckled. "You know what I mean, Desire."

I shook my head emphatically. "No, I don't. Hide what?"

"Your feelings," she replied. "How long are you going to hide your feeling from me?"

I still looked confused. "Honestly, Bimpe , I don't know exactly what you mean."

She stood up from where she was sitting which was opposite me to sit by my side. "I know you had always have a crush on me, since our days in the college. Now, thank God the two of us are grown ups. Go ahead and be a man."

I could hardly believe what I was hearing. How could she say I had a crush on her? And she said it so emphatically! I suddenly softened my stance. She was quite right.

"But, you've always been so arrogant, so pompous," I spluttered.
"You've always created a barrier between yourself and others." I thought my words would provoke her, but she was unruffled. "I'm not talking about others. Desire, I'm talking about you." I nodded. "You created that same barrier against me," I said gently. She shook her head.

She looked at me calmly. "You did not understand me. I've always seen you as different from others."

It was wonderful to hear Bimpe say this. Now that it appeared she had come down from her horse, I should not hold back my feelings again. I started by apologizing for being a poor reader of mind. I then asked her to allow me show my love for her. To my surprise, she burst out laughing as if I had said the funniest thing on earth.

2 Likes

Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing (18+) by kweensheba: 5:59pm On Jul 08, 2023
Nice one.
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing (18+) by CasNova: 12:18pm On Jul 11, 2023
I started by apologizing for being a poor reader of mind. I then asked her to allow me show my love for her. To my surprise, she burst out laughing as if I had said the funniest thing on earth.

"What's funny?" I asked. "Why are you laughing?"

She stopped laughing and looked at me sternly.

"Is that how to propose to a lady?" I looked confused.

"How else do I propose?" Again, she shook her head. "You're yet to say the appropriate words."

What appropriate words was she talking about? I asked her to be specific. She shook her head. "Sorry, but I cannot put the words in your month." It was my turn to shake my head. This lady would not stop baffling me.

"Do you love me?" she asked.

I sighed. "Yes, I do."

"Are you really sure?"

Now, what type of question was this? Why must she ask this, after all we had said? She stood up.

"If you really love me, you will bear with me," she said. Bear what?

Before I could voice the question, she added: "I must thank you for the warm reception you accorded me. Thank you so much. I will like to take my leave now." I was stunned.

"Now?"

She nodded. "Yes, now. I'm a member of the choir in my church and we have singing practice in an hour's time. It's better I leave now." She took her handbag and strapped it across her shoulder. I was so disappointed in her sudden departure I did not say anything further. I felt happy I had expressed my feelings to her, on one hand.

On another, I felt disappointed by her response. I accompanied her the other side of Tipper Garage Bus Stop where she would take a bus home. On my way back to my apartment, my mind went over her visit. It was not totally unfulfilling, but it could be better. There was nothing romantic about the visit and it hurt me to think of how it ended so abruptly.

Back in flat, I locked the main door and sat down in the sitting-room to watch a live football match. The truth was my mind was barely on the match. My mind kept thinking about Bimpe . About ten minutes of watching the match, there was a knock at my door.

"Who is it?" I called out.

"It's me," a voice returned. It was a female voice. Had Bimpe forgotten something? Had she realized she treated me brusquely and had come to apologize? Well, I would soon find out. I went to the door, unlocked it and opened it.

No, Bimpe had not come back. Quite disappointingly, it was Eniola, my ex girlfriend that was at the door. I was surprised to see her there.

"What ... What are you doing here?" I asked.

She put on what looked like a smile. "Can you please, let me in?"

I hesitated for some seconds before stepping aside to allow her inside. I was about to demand why she came around when she went down on her knees. "Desire, please, I've come to beg for forgiveness. Kindly forgive me."

The scene was incredible. I could not have imagined that Eniola would come back to my apartment again. This life could be whimsical, couldn't it? Despite my resolve, my heart melted as I watched Eniola looking at me so plaintively.

"Alright, stand up," I said. She jumped up to give me a bear hug, holding me so tightly I could barely breathe. "There's one important thing, Eniola. One very important thing. I've got a new lady in my life."
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing (18+) by makavelli47(m): 10:20am On Jul 13, 2023
Following, interesting piece
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing (18+) by ThrillPlus: 9:37am On Jul 14, 2023
Nice one.
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing (18+) by BigBasher: 5:09pm On Jul 15, 2023
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing (18+) by Awesome05: 11:06am On Jul 17, 2023
Go on.
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing (18+) by CasNova: 11:41am On Jul 18, 2023
"Alright, stand up," I said. She jumped up to give me a bear hug, holding me so tightly I could barely breathe. "There's one important thing, Eniola. One very important thing. I've got a new lady in my life."

She quickly stopped the hug and moved back.

"What?" I nodded. "You heard me right. I've got a new love. As a matter of fact, she left not too long before you came in."

She looked crestfallen. "Oh, no. How could you do that?"

I snickered at her. "You shouldn't have left me at all."

"But, I'm back now. Desire, your babe is back."

I still dissented. "Too late, we can't be lovers again."

She looked distraught. "But let's continue friendship," she put in. "I want us to still be friends, please."

Would that work? How could that work? "Oh please, Desire, don't throw me out just like that."

Eniola came to hug me again. My mind flashed back to how she left the house. The way Bimpe left showed that things were inconclusive. Could I really say I had secured her love? Was the reemergence of Eniola not a case of a bird in hand worthier than two in the bush?

"Alright," I told Eniola.

"We can still be friends." Her grip on tightened until I disentangled her. "Easy. when I say, I mean just friends."

"Okay," she muttered. My eyes went to the small bag she had brought along. "I brought something for you, for us, actually." She unzipped the bag and brought a food flask out. She opened the flask and showed me the poundo yam and assorted egusi soup she had prepared. She knew I loved that delicasy.

"We can take it for supper," she cooed. I could also see that she had some clothes in the bag.

"Don't tell me you're sleeping over here tonight," I injected.

"Yes, but not to worry. I can sleep on the couch in the sitting-room." There should be no problem about that, I thought. I sat down to continue watching the football match.

Eniola took the food flask to the kitchen. Some minutes later, she was back in the sitting-room. From that moment on, I could not concentrate on the match. She prattled on how she missed me and how her conscience kept disturbing her that she come back to apologize to me. The separation, she said, made her realize how much she missed and loved me. I had few responses to her prattles.

Later, she went to the kitchen to warm the soup and bring the poundo flour meal. "How do you find the food?" she asked. I had to admit that her culinary skill was top-notch. As we ate on, my mind veered to Bimpe . I imagined if she should come in that moment and see me eating with my ex girlfriend. Surely, I would have a lot of explanation to make. The sumptuous meal was over. Eniola cleared the table. We still had a long evening ahead. I settled to watch movie channel.

"I want to change clothes," Eniola announced as she took her bag and went to the bedroom. Minutes later, she came back, wearing a short, sexy, satin sleep wear. I had to force myself not to stare at her body. It was not that I did not miss her; but just that things had changed. I continued to watch the movie until late hours. By then, Eniola had slept off on her seat. I had to wake her up when I decided to go to bed.

"You can sleep on the couch now," I said. I left for the bedroom, stripped to my boxers and slept off. Some hours later, I woke to use the toilet. It was when I returned to the bedroom that I realized there was a lady lying on the bed. My mind was quick to decipher that Eniola was the body that appeared to be sleeping. The sexy, satin sleeping wear was gone. She was all naked. I remembered she used to, sometimes, sleep like this. That was when we were romantically involved. That was no more.

1 Like

Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing (18+) by BigBasher: 6:35am On Jul 19, 2023
Nice update.
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing (18+) by CasNova: 8:46am On Jul 22, 2023
She was all naked. I remembered she used to, sometimes, sleep like this. That was when we were romantically involved. That was no more.

What was she doing in my bedroom? Why was she nude? I knew these were silly questions. What I was supposed to do was to wake her, berate her for her indecent exposure and order her out of the bedroom. She suddenly opened her eyes and stared at me. She was not sleeping after all.

"What ...what are you doing here?" my voice was so hoarse I could hardly believe myself.

She grinned and turned, lying on her back and giving me the full view of her unclothedness. I briefly ran my eyes from her face to her boobs, midsection, pubic region, thighs and down to her slightly spread legs. Her grin was still on; so was the unabashed invitation.

"I miss you," she said. "I really miss you."

I tried a grin too. "I miss you also," I intoned.

She spread out her hands. It was a jolly invitation. I never declined it before but things were different now. The image of Bimpe hit my mind. I shook my head.

"I really love her." It was a mumble but it was loud and clear.

Eniola reacted as if I had thrown cold water on her. "What?!" the grin slipped off her face.

Her outstretched hands flopped as if they had come in contact with fire. "You are rejecting me!" she yelled. Her voice was filled with accusation and acrimony. She hurriedly came down from the bed, picked her wears from the stool, hissed and stormed out of the bedroom. I was amazed at her response.

I thought she would understand and take it maturely. I shrugged. I was glad that at least I was able to overcome the temptation. Before hitting the bed, this time around, I remembered to bolt the bedroom door.

Few minutes after seven o'clock in the morning, I woke up. It was Sunday and I would have to prepare for church service. Then, I remembered I had a lady in the house. My mind briefly went to the event in the dead of the night. Three months ago, it was unthinkable that I would spurn her sexual overtures.

I was not a saint as we had gone on many sensuous voyages together in the past. I was particularly fond of her full, 'luscious' boobs. I could not understand why that part of a lady would make my heart beat in expectation.

I was not a freak. The experience was one of those associated with youthful exuberance. But, then, things appeared to be changing. Since Eniola walked out of my life, I had lived the life of celibacy. I went to the sitting room to see if I could ask to come to church with me. In the sitting-room, Eniola was no where to be found. I looked around. She had gone.

She must have terribly felt disappointed. I shrugged and described her case as good riddance. Some of the fried rice I cooked the previous day still remained. I warmed it, ate, relaxed a bit and prepared for church service. The service went smoothly.

We had youth group meeting thereafter. Then I went home. I thought of Bimpe as I entered the sittingroom. Would it not be nice if I gave her a call? Just then, my phone rang. Surprisingly, Bimpe was the one on the line.

"Hello, dear. I was just thinking of calling you," I said.

"Since yesterday? Desire, that's not fair."

I grinned ruefully. "You are right, I should have called before now. I'm sorry about that."

There was a pause across the line.

"Okay," she said finally. "How was your night?"

I was not going to tell her exactly how I spent the night.
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing (18+) by Saturn101: 7:01pm On Jul 23, 2023
Cool update.
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing (18+) by Saturn101: 7:02pm On Jul 23, 2023
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing (18+) by ThrillPlus: 7:45pm On Jul 24, 2023
Nice update.
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing (18+) by BigBasher: 9:21am On Jul 28, 2023
Next please.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. / Hardly Chase Novels And Others For Free In Epub / Jinxed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.