Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,339 members, 7,829,862 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Mr President Consider Releasing Mazi Nnamdi Kanu From Dss Detention - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mr President Consider Releasing Mazi Nnamdi Kanu From Dss Detention (836 Views)

Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After / How I Was Maltreated In DSS Detention — Sowore / Unbowed And Unbroken: TIB Members Visit Defiant Sowore In DSS Detention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mr President Consider Releasing Mazi Nnamdi Kanu From Dss Detention by Nellyvin(m): 11:18am On Jun 12, 2023
E DON HAPPEN

MR. PRESIDENT, CONSIDER RELEASING MAZI NNAMDI KANU FROM DSS DETENTION

June 12, 2023

His Excellency
Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu
President and Commander in Chief
of the Federal Republic of Nigeria

Sir,

I write to convey my congratulations on your swearing in as the 16th President of Nigeria despite the fact that the odds did not favour you. I also join millions of Nigerians to felicitate with you on Democracy Day Celebration. So far, you have shown commitment to rebuilding Nigeria for the benefit of everyone. You have shown courage by removing fuel subsidy, ended crude oil swap deal, sacked the most corrupt CBN Governor in our nation's history and made few appointments to show the direction of your government.

While it is within your right to make appointments, take your time to read and apply the provisions of section 14 of the 1999 constitution as amended as well as Directive Principles of State policies. They will illuminate your sense of decisions.

In the spirit of Democracy Day Celebration, may I humbly request that His Excellency should kindly take a moment and consider releasing Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, the self styled leader of IPOB from the custody of the DSS.

Mr. President, it is true that government is next to God but what is the need using a sledge hammer to kill a fly when the hand could easily do the job? Several courts of the land have discharged and acquitted Mazi Kanu from all charges. It baffles me why the Dictatorial government of Rt General Buhari chose to remain adamant in releasing him. Muhammadu Buhari opted for war in place of peace. Where he ought to have sent text books and teachers,he sent armoured tanks and military weapons. You have shown to be a different kind of leader and the direct opposite of your predecessor. Posterity will be kind to you.

Your Excellency, I know you to be a democrat, man of peace who fought for the return to civil rule via NADECO. I know you loathe illegality.

Pursuant to the powers to exercise the prerogative of mercy vested in the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in Section 175 (1—6) of the 1999 Constitution, kindly approve that Mazi Nnamdi Kanu be released in the interest of peace, unity and national cohesion that has eluded the South East for long. It may interest you to note that the fragile peace in the zone can be remedied through his unconditional release especially as the courts have ruled to that effect.

Few days ago, Enugu State Governor Mr Peter Mba paid you a visit and pleaded that you release Nnamdi Kanu in the interest of peace. Mr. President, please accede to that demand and open up the process of national healing. This action will go a long way to add legitimacy to your government and arrest the restiveness and the sit at home order foisted on the people against their wish.

I also feel that Your Excellency should look into the issues raised by IPOB and find merit in some of their demands which contributed to the start of the Biafran war in the 1970s. Issues of marginalisation, underfunding of the South East, under representation in terms of appointments, imbalance in terms of number of states and local governments, among others, should be looked into on the merit of it. Mr. President should consider setting up the South East Development Commission as was done for the Niger Delta Region and recently North East. Since after the war, no deliberate effort has been made by government to pay reparations or rebuild the South East. What is good for the geese is good for the gander.

Finally, Mr. President should not fail to order for the arrest Hadi Sirika, former aviation Minister for defrauding Nigerians of billions of Naira in the name of setting up Nigeria Air and all those who looted Nigeria dry under the Buhari government.

God bless President Bola Ahmed Tinubu
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

Signed
Vincent Aluu Public Affairs Analyst and Publisher Naija Eye Witness News 08036688375

1 Like

Re: Mr President Consider Releasing Mazi Nnamdi Kanu From Dss Detention by Martinsmine(m): 11:21am On Jun 12, 2023
This letter long ooo. Oga go off mic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mr President Consider Releasing Mazi Nnamdi Kanu From Dss Detention by GeneralPula: 11:24am On Jun 12, 2023
Very misleading headline..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mr President Consider Releasing Mazi Nnamdi Kanu From Dss Detention by helinues: 11:34am On Jun 12, 2023
Yes release from DSS prison and send to Kuje prison

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr President Consider Releasing Mazi Nnamdi Kanu From Dss Detention by iammo(m): 11:46am On Jun 12, 2023
cool

Tinubu isn't a dictator and he can't release Kanu unilaterally except for State pardon

Re: Mr President Consider Releasing Mazi Nnamdi Kanu From Dss Detention by Advancedpenis: 11:47am On Jun 12, 2023
helinues:

Are you ready for job now to take care of the family?
Re: Mr President Consider Releasing Mazi Nnamdi Kanu From Dss Detention by optionalY09: 11:48am On Jun 12, 2023
iammo:
cool

Tinubu isn't a dictator and he can't release Kanu unilaterally except for State pardon

He will uphold the rule of law, that’s all
Re: Mr President Consider Releasing Mazi Nnamdi Kanu From Dss Detention by iammo(m): 11:50am On Jun 12, 2023
optionalY09:

And that's what he is doing minding his constitutional business while DSS, Judiciary and Kanu sort themselves out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mr President Consider Releasing Mazi Nnamdi Kanu From Dss Detention by Igwe9(m): 11:51am On Jun 12, 2023
Either ways, nothing last forever
Re: Mr President Consider Releasing Mazi Nnamdi Kanu From Dss Detention by helinues: 11:53am On Jun 12, 2023
Advancedpenis:

Are you ready for job now to take care of the family?

Mynd44
Oamj4
Mukina
Dominique

To Seun in particular, how can you people be allowing this guy and his likes to be deliberately provoking others, abuse and blackmail yet he won't get banned but when the people his provoking respond back, that's when you will remember there are rules on this forum.

I have reported this guy privately mentioning all his known monikers, also posted publicly with screenshot proofs yet yet allowed those who don't make any meaningful contribution to be lurking around the forum while those who who want the best for this forum and always mind their business get banned.

I sha hope competency dey una dictionary sha
Re: Mr President Consider Releasing Mazi Nnamdi Kanu From Dss Detention by Nellyvin(m): 12:46pm On Jun 12, 2023
optionalY09:

Mr. President needs to ask the relevant authorities to release him. He has been freed by the courts.
Re: Mr President Consider Releasing Mazi Nnamdi Kanu From Dss Detention by FreeStuffsNG: 1:00pm On Jun 12, 2023
helinues:
That's inchoate release cheesy

Actually, you are right because he requested for that from Justice Nyako
Re: Mr President Consider Releasing Mazi Nnamdi Kanu From Dss Detention by YesDaddy1: 1:04pm On Jun 12, 2023
Ok, we yaff heard u.
Pls, comman be going biko.
cool

Nellyvin:
E DON HAPPEN

Signed
Vincent Aluu Public Affairs Analyst and Publisher Naija Eye Lie Witness News 08036688375
Re: Mr President Consider Releasing Mazi Nnamdi Kanu From Dss Detention by Musrataman(m): 1:16pm On Jun 12, 2023
Nellyvin:
E DON HAPPEN

June 12, 2023

His Excellency
Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu
President and Commander in Chief
of the Federal Republic of Nigeria

Sir,

I write to convey my congratulations on your swearing in as the 16th President of Nigeria despite the fact that the odds did not favour you. I also join millions of Nigerians to felicitate with you on Democracy Day Celebration. So far, you have shown commitment to rebuilding Nigeria for the benefit of everyone. You have shown courage by removing fuel subsidy, ended crude oil swap deal, sacked the most corrupt CBN Governor in our nation's history and made few appointments to show the direction of your government.

While it is within your right to make appointments, take your time to read and apply the provisions of section 14 of the 1999 constitution as amended as well as Directive Principles of State policies. They will illuminate your sense of decisions.

In the spirit of Democracy Day Celebration, may I humbly request that His Excellency should kindly take a moment and consider releasing Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, the self styled leader of IPOB from the custody of the DSS.

Mr. President, it is true that government is next to God but what is the need using a sledge hammer to kill a fly when the hand could easily do the job? Several courts of the land have discharged and acquitted Mazi Kanu from all charges. It baffles me why the Dictatorial government of Rt General Buhari chose to remain adamant in releasing him. Muhammadu Buhari opted for war in place of peace. Where he ought to have sent text books and teachers,he sent armoured tanks and military weapons. You have shown to be a different kind of leader and the direct opposite of your predecessor. Posterity will be kind to you.

Your Excellency, I know you to be a democrat, man of peace who fought for the return to civil rule via NADECO. I know you loathe illegality.

Pursuant to the powers to exercise the prerogative of mercy vested in the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in Section 175 (1—6) of the 1999 Constitution, kindly approve that Mazi Nnamdi Kanu be released in the interest of peace, unity and national cohesion that has eluded the South East for long. It may interest you to note that the fragile peace in the zone can be remedied through his unconditional release especially as the courts have ruled to that effect.

Few days ago, Enugu State Governor Mr Peter Mba paid you a visit and pleaded that you release Nnamdi Kanu in the interest of peace. Mr. President, please accede to that demand and open up the process of national healing. This action will go a long way to add legitimacy to your government and arrest the restiveness and the sit at home order foisted on the people against their wish.

I also feel that Your Excellency should look into the issues raised by IPOB and find merit in some of their demands which contributed to the start of the Biafran war in the 1970s. Issues of marginalisation, underfunding of the South East, under representation in terms of appointments, imbalance in terms of number of states and local governments, among others, should be looked into on the merit of it. Mr. President should consider setting up the South East Development Commission as was done for the Niger Delta Region and recently North East. Since after the war, no deliberate effort has been made by government to pay reparations or rebuild the South East. What is good for the geese is good for the gander.

Finally, Mr. President should not fail to order for the arrest Hadi Sirika, former aviation Minister for defrauding Nigerians of billions of Naira in the name of setting up Nigeria Air and all those who looted Nigeria dry under the Buhari government.

God bless President Bola Ahmed Tinubu
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

Signed
Vincent Aluu Public Affairs Analyst and Publisher Naija Eye Witness News 08036688375

Since your influence or your votes brought Tinubu inside Aso rock.

Werey

(1) (Reply)

So What Has Tinubu Achieved? A Fair Critique! / INEC Staff Told The PEPC That They Were Instructed Not To Give Results To Agents / Nadeco US To Issue World Press Conference In Chicago Regarding Tinubu CSU (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.