Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,611 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

Row Over Ekiti Federal Varsity Site Settled - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Row Over Ekiti Federal Varsity Site Settled (1513 Views)

Prejudice Against Non-federal Varsity/universities, Who Should We Blame ? / Oye Ekiti Federal University / Oye Ekiti Federal University Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Row Over Ekiti Federal Varsity Site Settled by fjjc(m): 8:41am On Oct 01, 2011
The controversy over the site of the Federal University for Ekiti State has been resolved. The institution will be jointly sited in Oye-Ekiti and Ikole-Ekiti. Oye will host the Faculties of Science and Humanities; the faculties of Agriculture and Engineering will be in Ikole.

This decision was taken to relieve the tension over which of the communities should host the university following the Federal Government’s establishment of such institutions in nine states.

The Vice-Chancellor Prof Chinedu Nebo, broke the news of the location of the university at Ikole during inspection of the site.

Nebo, who described the choice of the Agriculture Development Programme (ADP) site for the take-off of the varsity as fantastic, promised to turn Ekiti into the food basket of the nation and Africa, considering the fertile nature of the large expanse of land in Ikole.

His words:“With what I have seen today, I am determined to make Ekiti the food production centre in Nigeria. I will put up facilities that can make our students to be globally competitive and relevant.

“I am also happy that neither Oye nor Ikole-Ekiti lost out in the struggle for the location of the university so, what we need now is convivial environment to operate.”

The Elekole of Ikole Ekiti Oba Adewumi Ajibade Fasiku, expressed the hope that the modern structures at the ADP site would enhance a stress-free take off of the institution.

Oba Fasiku, who led other traditional rulers in the Egbeoba Kingdom to receive Nebo, noted that the community had earmarked suitable buildings to accommodate principal officers and other senior members of staff of the university.

The monarch said 15 houses had been provided to accommodate the pioneer workers.

(1) (Reply)

Samuel Adegboyega University. Ogwa Edo State 2011/2012 Admission / Why Study In California University And Colleges, US / Auchi Polytechnic Post-jamb-2012/2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.