Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

A Combo Of Malt And Milk Doesn't Give Blood. Nigerians, Africans. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Combo Of Malt And Milk Doesn't Give Blood. Nigerians, Africans. (2676 Views)

Garri, Sugar With Groundnut And Milk Is Balanced Diet / My Marlians Cult Daughter Doesn't Wear Pant To School - Mother Cries Out / Complete Resource for SCHOLARSHIPS Around The World For Nigerians & Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Combo Of Malt And Milk Doesn't Give Blood. Nigerians, Africans. by Wesmichael: 9:41pm On Jun 12, 2023
“This is not a blood tonic.This is not a blood tonic. This is not a blood tonic. This is not a blood tonic. This is not a blood tonic. This is not a blood tonic. In case this is not clear enough: THIS IS NOT A BLOOD TONIC. It is a myth and a lie. There’s no truth to it. AT ALL.”

“Okay let’s analyse this a bit further. Let’s look at the content list for Peak Milk and Maltina.

“So according to that image, Each 100g of Peak Milk contains 28.3g of fat (of which 19g is “saturated fat” which is actually bad fat- very bad medically for your heart). 37.1g carbohydrates. 25g protein. 506 kilocalories of energy. And the rest are salt, vitamin A and D.”

“So essentially Peak Milk is mainly fats, carbohydrates and protein. “Blood tonics” need to be rich in IRON- that is easily absorbable by the body- because this is what your body needs and uses to make blood! And unfortunately, Peak Milk has NONE of that. There is NO Iron in it.”

Ohhhhh, No iron!
“So what am I saying in essence, for ANYTHING to “give you blood” or help you build blood- it has to be a rich source of IRON- because that’s what your body needs to build blood. That’s why when your blood is low, doctors give you IRON Sulfate capsules which you take for it.”

“And that’s why ANYTHING that would be considered a “blood tonic” MUST BE a rich source of Iron. Look at these images of actual blood tonics and see that they are ALL rich sources of Iron and that is stated on the pack. So IF something is NOT rich in Iron, it can NOT give blood.”

“So does that make sense so far? IF it is NOT rich in Iron, it cannot help you to build Hemoglobin and Red Blood Cells- which is essentially what you need to “build blood”. Do you understand? So this is why doctors just laugh at the popular myth of “malt and milk gives blood”

“And in fact, shall I shock you more? The Peak Milk bottle clearly says on it that it’s NOT rich in Iron. Look at the attached image- It is boldly written on it. So IF you are hoping to “build blood”, and you are drinking Peak Milk- you are actually wasting your time. And money.”

IF anything at all, all those Milk is high in “saturated fats”- which as I said earlier on is “bad fat” for your heart. Regularly taking in large amounts would make you fat, increase bad cholesterol “LDL”, can give you hypertension, heart disease and a heart attack. Be careful.

Heart attack
I’m NOT saying don’t take it at all. I’m only saying as an adult, it has risks for your heart and on your health IF you take large amounts of all those milk on a consistent continuous pattern. Because of the high calories and fat. You have to learn how to limit it and cut down.

Okay, let’s analyse the Maltina. What does it contain? Look at the attached images. Again you see that Maltina – like any malt drink- is mainly calories and carbohydrates (sugar) with very little fat and vitamins. That’s all. There is NO Iron whatsoever in Maltina. NONE AT ALL.

Maltina has NO Iron. Peak Milk has NO Iron. Iron is what your body needs to build blood. Do you now see that it makes no medical sense to continue to believe this deceitful myth?

Unfortunately, some Nollywood movies and many uninformed elderly people have pushed this narrative for so long that no one ever bothered to check or ask questions. But actually, it is NOT true. Milk and Malt will NOT give you Blood. If you feel you need blood, see your doctor.

I hope this has NOT broken your heart. It wasn’t deliberate. I felt I should set things straight and tell you all the truth. If you want to drink Maltina or milk, go ahead. But not for blood

“But what about Ugu and Milk”? Now, this is NOT a myth. It is TRUE. It works. Not because of the Milk but because of the Ugu. And it is the same principle- Ugu is known as Pumpkin. Pumpkin is actually rich in Iron. And of course Iron helps to build blood as I said earlier.
Ugu is known to contain high levels of Iron actually. So definitely Ugu can help you build your blood, and not milk and malt.

Won ti gbewa landicap
Maltina tutu pelu miliki....ki n sogun eje mo...

GOOD DAY, NIGERIANS LIVING IN NIGERIA. 🤣😃

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Combo Of Malt And Milk Doesn't Give Blood. Nigerians, Africans. by serenegroup(m): 10:53pm On Jun 12, 2023
Thanks!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Combo Of Malt And Milk Doesn't Give Blood. Nigerians, Africans. by LikeAking: 11:07pm On Jun 12, 2023
Dey play.
Re: A Combo Of Malt And Milk Doesn't Give Blood. Nigerians, Africans. by Mikespecialone(m): 11:42pm On Jun 12, 2023
Am Still not convinced

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Combo Of Malt And Milk Doesn't Give Blood. Nigerians, Africans. by yarimo(m): 11:49pm On Jun 12, 2023
Thank you op
Re: A Combo Of Malt And Milk Doesn't Give Blood. Nigerians, Africans. by Abolodje: 12:11am On Jun 13, 2023
I no dey miss my peak and malt after evening knacks and I no get plans miss am ever.

5 Likes

Re: A Combo Of Malt And Milk Doesn't Give Blood. Nigerians, Africans. by 1Sharon(f): 1:57am On Jun 13, 2023
It just has extra calories.

3 Likes

Re: A Combo Of Malt And Milk Doesn't Give Blood. Nigerians, Africans. by chocboi78(m): 5:32am On Jun 13, 2023
Ya it doesn’t, but it replenishes lost electrolyte and gives instant energy

2 Likes

Re: A Combo Of Malt And Milk Doesn't Give Blood. Nigerians, Africans. by UptownVibes(m): 6:05am On Jun 13, 2023
Mikespecialone:
Am Still not convinced
Go to court cool

2 Likes

Re: A Combo Of Malt And Milk Doesn't Give Blood. Nigerians, Africans. by Gppgn(f): 6:28am On Jun 13, 2023
Shut up..it works
Re: A Combo Of Malt And Milk Doesn't Give Blood. Nigerians, Africans. by Sucre6: 6:44am On Jun 13, 2023
It's not about the malt and milk, it's about mentality, if you are convinced it works then it will work for you, psychologically, but if you are doubtful then it won't work. It's as easy as that, but milk is proteinous and cold malt helps calms the nerves, so the combo still makes you feel stronger and better if you are weak or sick

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Combo Of Malt And Milk Doesn't Give Blood. Nigerians, Africans. by Penryn: 7:18am On Jun 13, 2023
Placebo effect

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Combo Of Malt And Milk Doesn't Give Blood. Nigerians, Africans. by Nobody: 7:24am On Jun 13, 2023
chocboi78:
Ya it doesn’t, but it replenishes lost electrolyte and gives instant energy

100% correct. It is d instant energy that people mistake for blood. But its better dan taking energy drinks

6 Likes

Re: A Combo Of Malt And Milk Doesn't Give Blood. Nigerians, Africans. by 2pak(m): 7:29am On Jun 13, 2023
But gives much energy
Re: A Combo Of Malt And Milk Doesn't Give Blood. Nigerians, Africans. by ab1x: 7:35am On Jun 13, 2023
Honestly, this is the best write up ever. People don't understand how misinformation leads to death. A while ago, a neighbours daughter was ill and was short of blood instead of the woman to take the daughter to hospital, she went ahead to get malt and milk thinking that it will boost the child blood. The sad news is that the girl died that was around when Odunlade and Sanyeri movie about using milk and malt to boast blood.

4 Likes

Re: A Combo Of Malt And Milk Doesn't Give Blood. Nigerians, Africans. by YungTemy(m): 7:38am On Jun 13, 2023
Mikespecialone:
Am Still not convinced

Go to court cool
Re: A Combo Of Malt And Milk Doesn't Give Blood. Nigerians, Africans. by christejames(m): 7:48am On Jun 13, 2023
Ehen, it doesn't matter...

We Nigerians work with believe, since we believe it gives blood, it sure gives blood, so, leave us like that. grin 😂
Re: A Combo Of Malt And Milk Doesn't Give Blood. Nigerians, Africans. by Elliotwaveforec: 7:49am On Jun 13, 2023
No mind this OP I! From my experience, it works fast when you need energy. Don't play with this combination o.

1 Like

Re: A Combo Of Malt And Milk Doesn't Give Blood. Nigerians, Africans. by Depriest2020: 7:51am On Jun 13, 2023
But it gives energy and vitality. Whenever you're weak or feeling loss of strength, take it in 1-2hrs you will be ready to be on the go.

1 Like

Re: A Combo Of Malt And Milk Doesn't Give Blood. Nigerians, Africans. by CodeTemplar: 8:38am On Jun 13, 2023
Nigerians believe reddish and brownish drink give blood generally.

1 Like

Re: A Combo Of Malt And Milk Doesn't Give Blood. Nigerians, Africans. by Karlifate: 8:40am On Jun 13, 2023
Depriest2020:
But it gives energy and vitality. Whenever you're weak or feeling loss of strength, take it in 1-2hrs you will be ready to be on the go.

The is the crux of the whole matter.

Lotsa people believe that if you're agile, then you must have good blood flowing in your veins.

Malt + Milk = Vitality = Agility = Good blood.

1 Like

Re: A Combo Of Malt And Milk Doesn't Give Blood. Nigerians, Africans. by OloYeOfEgbE: 8:50am On Jun 13, 2023
You are just a bad belle and a hater...

Na when i Don suffer knack that combo yesternight , you come feel say today na revelation day. GERROUT OSISO

EHEN..why e be say if I take plenty milk,I go dey go toilet anyhow..Am I going to die?

Re: A Combo Of Malt And Milk Doesn't Give Blood. Nigerians, Africans. by Omosexy35: 8:54am On Jun 13, 2023
Una don start again with confusion abi? OK let me ask you, why would a doctor ask you to take malt/milk before donating blood in the hospital?
I could remember the very first time I donated blood to a friend, it was the hospital themselves that provides me with milk n malt some minutes before donating, why would they if they are not knowledgeable on it
Re: A Combo Of Malt And Milk Doesn't Give Blood. Nigerians, Africans. by Starboytwo(m): 9:05am On Jun 13, 2023
Op calm down.

Oya explain how I manage to have all these blood full my system if it’s not malt and peak combo as usual?? sad

See one day I check my blood pressure, I see say the thing LOW, no wonder I no ginger that day. The moment I drank the combo, HIGH PRESSURE STRAIGHT. no Dey whine us guy.

1 Like

Re: A Combo Of Malt And Milk Doesn't Give Blood. Nigerians, Africans. by Astra101: 9:44am On Jun 13, 2023
Some of us didn't take this for the sake of building blood, we take it for VITALIY sake!
So op, calm down cool

1 Like

Re: A Combo Of Malt And Milk Doesn't Give Blood. Nigerians, Africans. by majesticguy: 9:49am On Jun 13, 2023
What the OP said is 100% correct. The combo of malt and milk doesn't give or add blood, rather it's for instant strength. The combo boosts your strength when you're dizzy or feeling light headed. In those afformentioned conditions you'd notice the heat beating at an abnormal rate. The combo just helps to normalize the heart rate.

Another great combo after the malt and milk is Sprite and Salt. The combo is one heck of a life saver, I think it's more effective than malt and milk combo.

Just pour the salt into your cup or container, pour the Sprite, shake the combo while the gas is still bubbling and gulp immediately.

1 Like

Re: A Combo Of Malt And Milk Doesn't Give Blood. Nigerians, Africans. by Mercury12(m): 9:50am On Jun 13, 2023
OloYeOfEgbE:
You are just a bad belle and a hater...

Na when i Don suffer knack that combo yesternight , you come feel say today na revelation day. GERROUT OSISO

EHEN..why e be say if I take plenty milk,I go dey go toilet anyhow..Am I going to die?
eventually. Yes
Re: A Combo Of Malt And Milk Doesn't Give Blood. Nigerians, Africans. by Aladdin1(m): 9:52am On Jun 13, 2023
The reason Nigerians believe that milk and malt combo will give them blood is because.Nigerians are the most gullible and foolish set of humans on earth in this computer age and thats why Nigerians have bad leaders who key into the foolish and myopic nature of Nigerians to exploit and deceive them.Nigerians hate truth and love to believe a lie and thats why many are castigating the Op for telling them the truth.And choosing to coninue believing a lie.
Re: A Combo Of Malt And Milk Doesn't Give Blood. Nigerians, Africans. by Gggjhhj: 10:10am On Jun 13, 2023
If e DAE work for us then it's ok, too much analysis nai dar give us problem

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wolex Polytechnic Now In Uyo. Pick Your Admission Forms Here / Attention: Part-time Study Centers Of Ogun State Institute Of Technology Igbesa. / See The Notice Lautech Just Update On Their Site (photo)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.