Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,330 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

How Do Graduates Pay Off The Loan Without Having A Job - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Do Graduates Pay Off The Loan Without Having A Job (787 Views)

Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg / J. J. Omojuwa Conducted Online Poll Without Having Peter-obi As An Option / Economic Crisis: Governors Advise FG To Pay Off Civil Servants Above 50 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do Graduates Pay Off The Loan Without Having A Job by lonelyisland(m): 2:36am On Jun 13, 2023
I can see a lot of youths and Nigerians at large commending the president on approving the student loan bill.

I can't help but ask; in a country with little or no job opportunities, how do the youths pay off the debt if after graduating but didn't get any job?

1 Like

Re: How Do Graduates Pay Off The Loan Without Having A Job by IkeIgboNiile(m): 3:02am On Jun 13, 2023
That's where they're planning to get the 50m agbado youths for the army. Have you guys forgotten so soon.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Graduates Pay Off The Loan Without Having A Job by FreeStuffsNG: 3:17am On Jun 13, 2023
lonelyisland:
I can see a lot of youths and Nigerians at large commending the president on approving the student loan bill.

I can't help but ask; in a country with little or no job opportunities, how do the youths pay off the debt if after graduating but didn't get any job?
With your mindset alone, it is necessary to get efcc on the board to manage the fund. No lazy youth will get the loan. That is the best way to ensure the policy works; only hardworking serious students!
A hardworking and serious student will not graduate with loan and idle away to bring shame to himself or herself and the guarantors.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Graduates Pay Off The Loan Without Having A Job by iammo(m): 3:22am On Jun 13, 2023
If you can't figure out a way of paying back your tuition fee loan after gainfully employed then don't take the loan it is not by force, allow serious people access it

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Graduates Pay Off The Loan Without Having A Job by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 3:38am On Jun 13, 2023
iammo:
If you can't figure out a way of paying back your tuition fee after gainfully employed then don't take the loan it is not by force, allow serious people access it

God bless your Mother!

You said it all!

Case Closed!

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do Graduates Pay Off The Loan Without Having A Job by Quintopia: 3:45am On Jun 13, 2023
lonelyisland:

You are not required to repay a single kobo until you are gainfully employed or in your own business earning real income.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Graduates Pay Off The Loan Without Having A Job by Gajagojo: 3:50am On Jun 13, 2023
It will help people think properly whether they need to go to university.
University is not compulsory.
I hope another thing that happens is that universities are allowed to charge proper fees and subsidy is removed.

Regarding repayment.
People should pay when they get a job or start to grow wealth

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Graduates Pay Off The Loan Without Having A Job by Raskimonojendor: 3:51am On Jun 13, 2023
lonelyisland:

In some other countries, the graduate starts paying back the loan once he or she secures a job. In other countries, you pay only the principal option on monthly terms till you secure a job and the interest gets added on.

Student loan is being offered world wide and even in India. Nigeria does not have to remain a shit hole forever.

PS, if a student takes out a loan to study, the student better study hard to graduate with a minimum strong 2.1 CGPA. If this sort of policy was available during my time at OAU, early 2000s, I know a good number of geniuses struggling with living expenses that would jump at the opportunity.

1 Like

Re: How Do Graduates Pay Off The Loan Without Having A Job by optionalY09: 4:31am On Jun 13, 2023
don’t worry about the loan go to school, by the time you’re done taking in the knowledge you would have successfully learn how to dodge paying back the loan
Re: How Do Graduates Pay Off The Loan Without Having A Job by Rolings: 4:41am On Jun 13, 2023
lonelyisland:

Those on students loan will have priority when it comes to government job/empowerment ....they will be given job so as to be able to pay back their loan.

You dont start paying back until 2 years after NYSC I.e. even if you get work immediately after service you don't start repay ment until 2 years after graduation.
Re: How Do Graduates Pay Off The Loan Without Having A Job by izombie(m): 6:37am On Jun 13, 2023
iammo:
If you can't figure out a way of paying back your tuition fee after gainfully employed then don't take the loan it is not by force, allow serious people access it
That's what the op is asking. What if you don't get gainfully employed according to you, how do you pay back the loan?
Re: How Do Graduates Pay Off The Loan Without Having A Job by iammo(m): 6:40am On Jun 13, 2023
izombie:
That's what the op is asking. What if you don't get gainfully employed according to you, how do you pay back the loan?

You start paying when you are gainfully employed and earning... FG has your BVN and can determine when you start earning

1 Like

Re: How Do Graduates Pay Off The Loan Without Having A Job by SpatialKing(m): 6:45am On Jun 13, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
With your mindset alone, it is necessary to get efcc on the board to manage the fund. No lazy youth will get the loan. That is the best way to ensure the policy works; only hardworking serious students!
A hardworking and serious student will not graduate with loan and idle away to bring shame to himself or herself and the guarantors.

What's your definition of hardworking and serious students?
Re: How Do Graduates Pay Off The Loan Without Having A Job by SpatialKing(m): 6:48am On Jun 13, 2023
What Nigeria needs is student jobs while schooling
More Internships opportunities
Convert some of the informal sectors to semi-formal...
As a student I should be able to take up sales job, filling station jobs, mechanic etc
Re: How Do Graduates Pay Off The Loan Without Having A Job by BossGerald: 6:49am On Jun 13, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

This was how you worshipped buhari in the past 8years, even when he called Nigerian youths "lazy", you defended him.

Everybody must venture into business Abi? You should be ashamed of yourself
Re: How Do Graduates Pay Off The Loan Without Having A Job by BossGerald: 6:51am On Jun 13, 2023
iammo:

Gainfully employed??

Do you know how many years it will take your 30k monthly TMC online stipend to offset 1million?? Without a good job??

Stop defending rubbish
Re: How Do Graduates Pay Off The Loan Without Having A Job by Advancedpenis: 6:52am On Jun 13, 2023
By screaming Yoruba ronu

1 Like

Re: How Do Graduates Pay Off The Loan Without Having A Job by BossGerald: 6:53am On Jun 13, 2023
Gajagojo:
It will help people think properly whether they need to go to university.
University is not compulsory.
I hope another thing that happens is that universities are allowed to charge proper fees and subsidy is removed.

Regarding repayment.
People should pay when they get a job or start to grow wealth

University is not compulsory?? But mc oluomo sent his kids to school in the USA??

Apc supporters are evil and wicked

1 Like

Re: How Do Graduates Pay Off The Loan Without Having A Job by iammo(m): 6:53am On Jun 13, 2023
BossGerald:

Gainfully employed??

Do you know how many years it will take your 30k monthly TMC online stipend to offset 1million?? Without a good job??

Stop defending rubbish

The loan was definitely not designed for a fool.. a foolish slowpoke wakes up in the morning a fool and rest at night an idiot, Education can't benefit a fool neither is a loan

It's for sensible people

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Graduates Pay Off The Loan Without Having A Job by kettykings: 6:57am On Jun 13, 2023
lonelyisland:

This is the type of failed country policy that apc plays with, school feeding program, trader money and now student loan in a grounded economy.
Part of the reason why buhari failed woefully was these useless policies that make some consultant very rich but add nothing to the economy .
They will still take loans to loan the students.
Re: How Do Graduates Pay Off The Loan Without Having A Job by Jlow2: 7:03am On Jun 13, 2023
You join the army 50million youths , and the loan will be deducted from your salary
Re: How Do Graduates Pay Off The Loan Without Having A Job by Tochi3(m): 7:03am On Jun 13, 2023
IkeIgboNiile:
That's where they're planning to get the 50m agbado youths for the army. Have you guys forgotten so soon.

Re: How Do Graduates Pay Off The Loan Without Having A Job by Cantonese: 7:04am On Jun 13, 2023
kettykings:

This is the type of failed country policy that apc plays with, school feeding program, trader money and now student loan in a grounded economy.
Part of the reason why buhari failed woefully was these useless policies that make some consultant very rich but add nothing to the economy .
They will still take loans to loan the students

Nailed.

The terms are make it impossible for majority of the Nigerian students to access. With the requirement of a civil servant and a lawyer as guarantor, how many students can achieve it?

Anyway, the mindset of our youths too make them feel that such facilities are free and must not be returned if received. Look at the issues with the online finance companies. Youths do not want to pay loans obtained, claiming that it is their rights.
Re: How Do Graduates Pay Off The Loan Without Having A Job by BossGerald: 7:05am On Jun 13, 2023
iammo:

The loan was definitely not designed for a fool.. a foolish slowpoke wakes up in the morning a fool and rest at night an idiot, Education can't benefit a fool neither is a loan

It's for sensible people

Oga are you sensible??

You supported buhari who's economic policy killed small businesses, didn't provide a single job...yet the first thing you think is important is to approve student loan bill?

You always put your cart before the horses??, that was how tilumbu hastily removed fuel subsidy
Re: How Do Graduates Pay Off The Loan Without Having A Job by tamdun: 7:07am On Jun 13, 2023
Hope u know its not compulsory to take a loan
Re: How Do Graduates Pay Off The Loan Without Having A Job by GeneralPula: 7:23am On Jun 13, 2023
Quintopia:

You are not required to repay a single kobo until you are gainfully employed or in your own business earning real income.
You’re blessed..

Majority of them never bothered to read..

They thought it’s a Palmpay kind of loan..
Re: How Do Graduates Pay Off The Loan Without Having A Job by 2pak(m): 7:40am On Jun 13, 2023
Focus on creating jobs for already graduated students, increase minimum wage, reduce high cost of living in this country no one will be interested in this trap students loan. Another way to finish Nigeria economy. Soon they will start borrow to finance students loan.

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Born Lecturer Who Was Murdered By His Ebonyi Househelp Set To Be Buried / Julius Abure Is The Only Authentic Chairman Of Labour Party - Alhaji Jabir / Awolowo: Biafra Starvation And His Prison Amnesty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.