Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,923 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

What the military came to do at warehouse hotel yesterday - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What the military came to do at warehouse hotel yesterday (2207 Views)

Divine Nwaneri: IMSU Student Shot Dead By The Military In Owerri (Photos) / Chetachi Onwume Rapes Hotel Worker Who Came To Serve Him Food In Abuja / Lady Came To Kill Man Who Dumped Her With Charm In Lagos, Strips Unclad (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What the military came to do at warehouse hotel yesterday by DaveHarry(m): 9:37am On Jun 13, 2023
Yesterday night an army van came to raid an hotel close to where I work on suspicion that some of the guests/customers are smoking weed and using hard drugs. I told some few people who were with me at the time that the army is not formed to arrest people for drug use but territorial protection etc. That only NDLEA has the right to arrest anyone using hard drugs, not even the police has that right. so I want to know, hope I'm not passing the wrong information to others.

5 Likes

Re: What the military came to do at warehouse hotel yesterday by Acekidc4(m): 9:37am On Jun 13, 2023
Military are Law Enforcement Agency and they can Arrest, re-arrest and Over-arrest anybody that they perceive to be going against the Law of the Land, as Police and Ndlea no wan do their job well.

4 Likes

Re: What the military came to do at warehouse hotel yesterday by DaveHarry(m): 9:53am On Jun 13, 2023
Acekidc4:
Military are Law Enforcement Agency and they can Arrest, re-arrest and Over-arrest anybody that they perceive to be going against the Law of the Land, as Police and Ndlea no wan do their job well.
If you say so but is it stated anywhere in the Nigerian constitution or in the act that established the military?

4 Likes

Re: What the military came to do at warehouse hotel yesterday by Acekidc4(m): 10:05am On Jun 13, 2023
DaveHarry:

If you say so but is it stated anywhere in the Nigerian constitution or in the act that established the military?

No but Police and NDLEA no wan do their jobs Well, let Army kukuma help them Small.

2 Likes

Re: What the military came to do at warehouse hotel yesterday by MatrixReloaded: 10:07am On Jun 13, 2023
By virtue of law and order, the MP are design to detain both uniform and civilian 'janja-weed'. That being said, these lunatics can be apprehended to ascertain why they will leave there humble abode and resort in another man's business arena and constitute illegality in such premises. Be it Drug abuse, robbery gang up or Prositution etc...

4 Likes

Re: What the military came to do at warehouse hotel yesterday by DaveHarry(m): 10:08am On Jun 13, 2023
Acekidc4:

No but Police and NDLEA no wan do their jobs Well, let Army kukuma help them Small.
NDLEA is doing a good job currently. Army should stay in their lane even if dem dey broke.
Re: What the military came to do at warehouse hotel yesterday by Sangoamadioha1: 10:10am On Jun 13, 2023
DaveHarry:

Any law enforcement agency can arrest if a crime is committed and then they will handover to the appropriate agency to prosecute after investigation.

5 Likes

Re: What the military came to do at warehouse hotel yesterday by DaveHarry(m): 10:22am On Jun 13, 2023
Sangoamadioha1:

Any law enforcement agency can arrest if a crime is committed and then they will handover to the appropriate agency to prosecute after investigation.
These ones were after their own pockets. Hand touch some people but later released them after exchanging them with money.
Re: What the military came to do at warehouse hotel yesterday by Patriotsleague: 10:30am On Jun 13, 2023
Military can apprehend and hand over to the police as long as you are commiting crime.

1 Like

Re: What the military came to do at warehouse hotel yesterday by Nobody: 10:47am On Jun 13, 2023
DaveHarry:
Yesterday night an army van came to raid an hotel close to where I work on suspicion that some of the guests/customers are smoking weed and using hard drugs. I told some few people who were with me at the time that the army is not formed to arrest people for drug use but territorial protection etc. That only NDLEA has the right to arrest anyone using hard drugs, not even the police has that right. so I want to know, hope I'm not passing the wrong information to others.

The police actually have the right, but they can hand over the suspects to the NDLEA. The army (or any arm of the military) has absolutely no right to arrest anybody in this scenario. Nigeria has been a lawless country for a long time, and many unintelligent cretins have been employed into the military that don't even know why they're there in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: What the military came to do at warehouse hotel yesterday by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 13, 2023
Acekidc4:

Military are never in law enforcement. What kind of bull is this?!

1 Like

Re: What the military came to do at warehouse hotel yesterday by Sangoamadioha1: 10:54am On Jun 13, 2023
DaveHarry:

These ones were after their own pockets. Hand touch some people but later released them after exchanging them with money.

I commented on the ideal which is quite different from the reality.
Re: What the military came to do at warehouse hotel yesterday by Sangoamadioha1: 10:57am On Jun 13, 2023
SamboAnguissa:

Military are never in law enforcement. What kind of bull is this?!

The military are law enforcement agents because they enforce the law just as FRSC are law enforcement agents to because the enforce road laws.
Re: What the military came to do at warehouse hotel yesterday by Donpaulo2(m): 11:57am On Jun 13, 2023
Sangoamadioha1:

The military are law enforcement agents because they enforce the law just as FRSC are law enforcement agents to because the enforce road laws.
i totally disagree bro. The military has no business with this.

1 Like

Re: What the military came to do at warehouse hotel yesterday by DaveHarry(m): 12:30pm On Jun 13, 2023
Donpaulo2:
i totally disagree bro. The military has no business with this.
Dis naija sha,,,na d masses no know their rights that's why anyone on uniform wit gun can just leave their lane n perform illegality. Even that yesterday some people still think say I dey say nonsense but I don pass d info I don pass d info
Re: What the military came to do at warehouse hotel yesterday by davillian(m): 12:40pm On Jun 13, 2023
They can't see something bad and turn a blind eye ..
They can arrest and handover to the police while the police can handover to ndlea....

1 Like

Re: What the military came to do at warehouse hotel yesterday by ruggedtimi(m): 1:25pm On Jun 13, 2023
U re correct my brother...bt na naija we dey. For u.s , DEA get power over FBI wen it involves drug related case, FBI get power over Police wen it involves federal crimes...etc. So u can't see the army operating on the u.s soil or Homeland security arresting drug Lords inside u.s
Re: What the military came to do at warehouse hotel yesterday by DaveHarry(m): 1:47pm On Jun 13, 2023
I still put some of the blames on the govt of the day. these laws needs regular and periodic reviews especially the ones concerning govt forces. sometimes, most times I would say these guys oppress the masses with their illegal actions. these officers most don't know the laws binding them n the uniform they are putting on , some don't even know what they represent
Re: What the military came to do at warehouse hotel yesterday by Baronthecelebri: 4:22pm On Jun 13, 2023
Nigeria is a lawless country,by right army, airforce,navy have no right to arrest any body, they should stay in their barracks. Go to ashawo quarter you'll see army moving with uniform, hotels, same thing, bet king,bet 9ja same thing. Stop watching Nigeria movies, and start watching Hollywood or Chinese movies to learn how military behave. Even Indian movies self,watch Nuri.

1 Like

Re: What the military came to do at warehouse hotel yesterday by seborrhic: 4:44pm On Jun 13, 2023
[quote author=DaveHarry post=123762101]Yesterday night an army van came to raid an hotel close to where I work on suspicion that some of the guests/customers are smoking weed and using hard drugs. I told some few people who were with me at the time that the army is not formed to arrest people for drug use but territorial protection etc. That only NDLEA has the right to arrest anyone using hard drugs, not even the police has that right. so I want to know, hope I'm not passing the wrong information to others.[/quote
U told some people.why didnt you tell it to the army personel then?

1 Like

Re: What the military came to do at warehouse hotel yesterday by DaveHarry(m): 4:47pm On Jun 13, 2023
[quote author=seborrhic post=123772283][/quote]
It's not my duty to do so
Re: What the military came to do at warehouse hotel yesterday by philGeo(m): 6:01pm On Jun 13, 2023
Army function is to deal with internal and external security of a country, in Nigeria we relegated the internal security to Police and other security like NDLE and others.

Why did Army intervene in internal affairs of a country (military intervention)?.
Re: What the military came to do at warehouse hotel yesterday by Whois(m): 6:27pm On Jun 13, 2023
@op seems you watch too many American movies. I'd suggest to be Better safe than sorry wink
Re: What the military came to do at warehouse hotel yesterday by kokoA(m): 6:54pm On Jun 13, 2023
philGeo:
Army function is to deal with internal and external security of a country, in Nigeria we relegated the internal security to Police and other security like NDLE and others.

Why did Army intervene in internal affairs of a country (military intervention)?.
You can lie o shocked The work of the military is to protect us from external aggression. Military is not a law enforcement agency. They are being called to intervene in internal crisis because we do not have enough number of police men. The mobile unit of the police a.k.a MOPOL are suppose to do most of the job the government use soldiers to do.

2 Likes

Re: What the military came to do at warehouse hotel yesterday by TYCO77: 7:06pm On Jun 13, 2023
Acekidc4:

The military is not a law enforcement agency, but a force responsible for the guard and protection of the national territory against foreign invasion. However, they can be engaged or designated together with the police force and other para-military organizations to quell internal crisis and maintain peace.

2 Likes

Re: What the military came to do at warehouse hotel yesterday by DaveHarry(m): 7:18pm On Jun 13, 2023
Whois:
@op seems you watch too many American movies. I'd suggest to be Better safe than sorry wink
No be so. Just that to maintain orderliness and remove confusion.
Re: What the military came to do at warehouse hotel yesterday by tiswell(m): 7:29pm On Jun 13, 2023
Acekidc4:
lies,the power to arrest a civilian isn't part of the military rights
Re: What the military came to do at warehouse hotel yesterday by tiswell(m): 7:30pm On Jun 13, 2023
Sangoamadioha1:

na lie

1 Like

Re: What the military came to do at warehouse hotel yesterday by Gadafii: 2:35am On Jun 14, 2023
Acekidc4:

has the army done their own job well

They have failed to end boko haram, bandits, etc na to dey arrest Igbo smokers be their job?
Re: What the military came to do at warehouse hotel yesterday by diogo23: 6:33am On Jun 14, 2023
Acekidc4:
It's a very big lie, military have no right to arrest anybody , please and know your right as a citizen

2 Likes

Re: What the military came to do at warehouse hotel yesterday by philGeo(m): 11:45am On Jun 14, 2023
kokoA:
You can lie o shocked The work of the military is to protect us from external aggression. Military is not a law enforcement agency. They are being called to intervene in internal crisis because we do not have enough number of police men. The mobile unit of the police a.k.a MOPOL are suppose to do most of the job the government use soldiers to do.
Okay sir.

(1) (Reply)

Gay Man Caught And Beaten Very Well In Edo State " Homosexual Man" / 500 Level Student Beheaded His Girlfriend >>>picture / Mohbad:the End Of Naira Marley

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.