Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,462 members, 7,854,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 09:50 AM

On Morality- The Yorubas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On Morality- The Yorubas (130 Views)

When Wisdom Meet Morality: The New Face Of Enugu State IPAC / What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe / Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

On Morality- The Yorubas by Stevebuffet: 5:35pm On Jun 13, 2023
Recent events have revealed to me the complex dynamics at play within the Yorubas in relation to Nigeria's governance, particularly when it comes to the pursuit of power. It is fascinating how opinions can shift dramatically over time.

During President Buhari's tenure, many Yorubas openly praised him, hailing him as the best leader the country had ever seen. However, it is intriguing to observe that a sudden wave of criticism has emerged as soon as Asiwaju became President, casting him as an ineffective leader. Even individuals who were once ardent supporters, like a senior friend of mine who used to advocate for Buhari, are now actively expressing their discontent on social media.

It seems that some individuals within the Yorubas are solely focused on gaining power, often at the expense of the nation's well-being. They participate in the democratic process, elect leaders who prove to be incompetent, and then hastily flee to foreign lands, leaving behind the consequences of their choices.

Now, we find myself witnessing another prominent figure, Asiwaju, attempting to legitimize his government through a campaign of propaganda. It is important to remember that while propaganda may deceive for a while, ultimately reality prevails. It reminds me of the early days of Buhari's administration when his propagandists claimed that his mere body language, rather than actual policies, were transforming the country. We all know how that turned out. So, to those who continue to propagate falsehoods, let the charade persist. When reality finally dawns, we will be here, ready to face it head-on.

(1) (Reply)

Akpabio, As Senate President, Perfect Choice For Nigeria Says Obriki / Should A Drunk Give Thanks? / Post Subsidy Removal Austerity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.