Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,021 members, 7,810,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

What Is Really Wrong With Us Ooo?- Nigerian Man Asks Aba Residents - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is Really Wrong With Us Ooo?- Nigerian Man Asks Aba Residents (30776 Views)

Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) / I Don Japa Ooo Nigerian Lady / Aba Residents Opt For Train Ride Due To Bad Roads: Pictures & Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Really Wrong With Us Ooo?- Nigerian Man Asks Aba Residents by Twistaray(m): 9:46pm On Jun 13, 2023
What is really wrong with us ooo?- Nigerian man asks Aba residents who have littered their roads with refuse days after the state govt cleared them

A Nigerian man has taken to social media to decry the reckless manner in which residents of Aba, Abia state dispose their refuse.

In a video shared online, the Nigerian man said he spotted a massive refuse dump in front of the shopping center in Aba today June 13. This comes days after the state government cleared the refuse dump in that area as well as other areas where residents of the state indiscriminately dump refuse.

What is really wrong with us ooo?- Nigerian man asks Aba residents who have littered their roads with refuse days after the state govt cleared them
‘’Earlier today while travelling to Onitsha,I made a quick U Turn to get some gifts for my customers in Shopping Center....Only for me to jam this massive refuse dump just Infront of the shopping center....

When I tell you all that Dr Alex Otti will use 2 years to clear refuse in Aba,Una think say I dey joke...

My Aba people what is really wrong with us ooo? ‘’he tweeted

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2023/6/what-is-really-wrong-with-us-ooo-nigerian-man-asks-aba-residents-who-have-littered-their-roads-with-refuse-days-after-the-state-govt-cleared-them-2.html

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Is Really Wrong With Us Ooo?- Nigerian Man Asks Aba Residents by totit: 9:57pm On Jun 13, 2023
grin

6 Likes

Re: What Is Really Wrong With Us Ooo?- Nigerian Man Asks Aba Residents by Ogene001: 10:23pm On Jun 13, 2023
The clearing of refused was emergency intervention. A proper waste disposal system will be articulated

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is Really Wrong With Us Ooo?- Nigerian Man Asks Aba Residents by Ttipsy(f): 10:35pm On Jun 13, 2023
As if you are in Oyibo land! An average Nigerian especially grown up fools will eat and trash it out from the window of a moving car.

It's like a culture in Nigeria; should we pretend to be surprised??

99 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is Really Wrong With Us Ooo?- Nigerian Man Asks Aba Residents by Ihateheadslamer: 10:36pm On Jun 13, 2023
This olodo will get hypertension because of Obi tongue
LeoDeKing:
Ironically, the same man that once governed that state is who they are telling us is their saviour today.

173 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is Really Wrong With Us Ooo?- Nigerian Man Asks Aba Residents by tommy589(m): 10:36pm On Jun 13, 2023
Waste used to occupied sidewalks,under bridges were littered with waste and most roads demarcation in Lagos then were occupied with refuse
I think Lagos copied waste management from Accra. Nothing wrong in using lawma programs in Aba Waste management.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Really Wrong With Us Ooo?- Nigerian Man Asks Aba Residents by Flangelo12: 10:41pm On Jun 13, 2023
tommy589:
Waste used to occupied sidewalks,under bridges were littered with waste and most roads demarcation in Lagos then were occupied with refuse
think Lagos copied waste management from Accra. Nothing wrong in using lawma programs in Aba Waste management.

I remember when Lagos was a heap of refuse....no more.

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is Really Wrong With Us Ooo?- Nigerian Man Asks Aba Residents by ba7man(m): 11:15pm On Jun 13, 2023
tommy589:
I think Lagos copied waste management from Accra. Nothing wrong in using lawma programs in Aba Waste management.
How can Lagos copy Accra on waste management??

Was Accra ever know to be "End of the world" dirty like Lagos was??

Has Accra ever had an overwhelmingly large population that actively threw dirt in the streets like Lagos??

Lagos was a world-class example of how dirty and dystopian a city could ever be.

Lagos has never copied Accra on how to solve waste management, India and Bangladesh are countries with similar scale of refuse management problems.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is Really Wrong With Us Ooo?- Nigerian Man Asks Aba Residents by kalufelix(m): 11:25pm On Jun 13, 2023
that's Aba for you...govt infrastructures are destroyed overnight after commissioning...the govt. will need a strong headed taskforce to achieve anything...a complete opposite of Enugu state where the indigenes are more civil..

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is Really Wrong With Us Ooo?- Nigerian Man Asks Aba Residents by tommy589(m): 11:50pm On Jun 13, 2023
ba7man:
How can Lagos copy Accra on waste management??

Was Accra ever know to be "End of the world" dirty like Lagos was??

Has Accra ever had an overwhelmingly large population that actively threw dirt in the streets like Lagos??

Lagos was a world-class example of how dirty and dystopian a city could ever be.

Lagos has never copied Accra on how to solve waste management, India and Bangladesh are countries with similar scale of refuse.

So Lagos started private sector partnership in waste management ahead of Accra?

Not here to talk about country population and the tonnes of daily waste produced, but how ppp is working in cities

4 Likes

Re: What Is Really Wrong With Us Ooo?- Nigerian Man Asks Aba Residents by BossGerald: 12:22am On Jun 14, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Ironically, the same man that once governed that state is who they are telling us is their saviour today.

Obi is really tormenting your body, soul and spirit...imagine .

Obi governed Abia state?

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is Really Wrong With Us Ooo?- Nigerian Man Asks Aba Residents by Zionmdde: 2:18am On Jun 14, 2023
Aba and their dirty mentality
They seem to be so used to dirts that anything clears looks out of place to them

Otti should constitute a very mean task force to handle some people who has vowed that aba won't be clean. Deal mercilessly with them. Let them pay through their nose

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is Really Wrong With Us Ooo?- Nigerian Man Asks Aba Residents by Depriest2020: 3:16am On Jun 14, 2023
Don't blame the residents, blame the government. The government don't provide waste disposal point where you can trash 🗑️ your bin. No waste disposal motor comes to carry the waste for disposal.

I visited Enugu during the government of Sullivan Chime, I saw how clean everywhere was, thier were disposal point, a law was placed that is you dispose your waste indiscriminately you would be arrested, you pay a fine of 50k or go to jail for 2-3months. Everyone kept to that rule, because there was a disposal point and also you would be fined if you don't adhere to the law. Even in your gutter if there's dirt, the building in it's front would be fined.

It made the residents to be on the lookout for those who will dispose indiscriminately into Thier gutter, they ask the person to pack it or report him/her to the task force officials. The family I visited, even though the disposal point was a bit far from thier home, they kept to the rule by taking thier dirt to the disposal point.

29 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Is Really Wrong With Us Ooo?- Nigerian Man Asks Aba Residents by otokx(m): 3:50am On Jun 14, 2023
Cleanliness they say is next to Godliness, the average Nigerian is so not hygienic, it is not just Aba.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Really Wrong With Us Ooo?- Nigerian Man Asks Aba Residents by Macphenson: 3:59am On Jun 14, 2023
LeoDeKing:

undortunately your hate for Peter Obi exposes your ignorance and by extension fooliahness. Peter Obi governed Anambra state not Abia state.

28 Likes

Re: What Is Really Wrong With Us Ooo?- Nigerian Man Asks Aba Residents by Patriotsleague: 4:02am On Jun 14, 2023
What is wrong with biafrans. Fixed. My state is not that stinky.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Really Wrong With Us Ooo?- Nigerian Man Asks Aba Residents by ican2020: 4:21am On Jun 14, 2023
Only Aba residents stupid op

4 Likes

Re: What Is Really Wrong With Us Ooo?- Nigerian Man Asks Aba Residents by clockwisereport: 4:56am On Jun 14, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Aba is in Abia state. Peter was the governor of Anambra, not Abia.

No let your hate for a man who do not know you exist, give you high BP.

You don dey run madd small small

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Really Wrong With Us Ooo?- Nigerian Man Asks Aba Residents by Lanretoye(m): 5:03am On Jun 14, 2023
Na tinubu cause am.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Really Wrong With Us Ooo?- Nigerian Man Asks Aba Residents by Originalsly: 5:13am On Jun 14, 2023
Ttipsy:

As if you are in Oyibo land! An average Nigerian especially grown up fools will eat and trash it out from the window of a moving car.

It's like a culture in Nigeria; should we pretend to be surprised??

There is a reason why people don't dump thrash indiscriminately in Oyibo land.... the same reason can apply to Nigeria .... and it has nothing to do with culture.

@ topic .... there is a reason for laws ... and 24/7 enforcement of those laws.

Think Lagos ... wrong way drivers. Wasn't that part of the culture? ... for decades? ... and sooo many were swearing the drivers are too stubborn and will never stop? How is it under control overnight?

I wouldn't blame Aba residents... I'll blame the administration.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Really Wrong With Us Ooo?- Nigerian Man Asks Aba Residents by nairalanda1(m): 5:15am On Jun 14, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Peter Obi was not governor of Abia state where Aba is located

6 Likes

Re: What Is Really Wrong With Us Ooo?- Nigerian Man Asks Aba Residents by Typing: 5:39am On Jun 14, 2023
What do you expect from Akpu eaters. grin

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is Really Wrong With Us Ooo?- Nigerian Man Asks Aba Residents by Typing: 5:42am On Jun 14, 2023
clockwisereport:

Aba is in Abia state. Peter was the governor of Anambra, not Abia.

No let your hate for a man who do not know you exist, give you high BP.

You don dey run madd small small

Anambra was worst when Peter Obi was Governor

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is Really Wrong With Us Ooo?- Nigerian Man Asks Aba Residents by Ofunaofu: 5:43am On Jun 14, 2023
LeoDeKing:

So Peter Obi is a former governor of Abia State

LeoDeKing, you seriously need urgent help

Kindly pay an urgent visit to a mental health facility.
You are going down mentally

8 Likes

Re: What Is Really Wrong With Us Ooo?- Nigerian Man Asks Aba Residents by jmoore(m): 6:02am On Jun 14, 2023
Refuse disposal is a daily work.
The residents will not eat their own refuse.
The government should improve on waste management.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Really Wrong With Us Ooo?- Nigerian Man Asks Aba Residents by wiseone28: 6:35am On Jun 14, 2023
Depriest2020:
Don't blame the residents, blame the government. The government don't provide waste disposal point where you can trash 🗑️ your bin. No waste disposal motor comes to carry the waste for disposal.

I visited Enugu during the government of Sullivan Chime, I saw how clean everywhere was, thier were disposal point, a law was placed that is you dispose your waste indiscriminately you would be arrested, you pay a fine of 50k or go to jail for 2-3months. Everyone kept to that rule, because there was a disposal point and also you would be fined if you don't adhere to the law. Even in your gutter if there's dirt, the building in it's front would be fined.

It made the residents to be on the lookout for those who will dispose indiscriminately into Thier gutter, they ask the person to pack it or report him/her to the task force officials. The family I visited, even though the disposal point was a bit far from thier home, they kept to the rule by taking thier dirt to the disposal point.

As you are spelling all your their as thier the thing no underline for your phone say it is a wrong spelling? 🙄

Moreover the bolded should be there not their.

1 Like

Re: What Is Really Wrong With Us Ooo?- Nigerian Man Asks Aba Residents by nedu666: 6:38am On Jun 14, 2023
Ofunaofu:

So Peter Obi is a former governor of Abia State

LeoDeKing, you seriously need urgent help

Kindly pay an urgent visit to a mental health facility.
You are going down mentally

How can a frustrated and jobless man need help. What he needs is a rope

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Ranks Second On World’s Least Livable Cities - EIU / Pius Adesanmi’s Family, Other Victims Of Boeing Plane Crashes To Get ₦52M Each / GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.