Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Urgent Advise Neded - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Urgent Advise Neded (880 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Advise Neded by IDolajide(m): 3:50pm On Sep 06, 2007
Hi everyone,pls I need an urgent advise on the kind of IT programe 2 go 4 cuz I just a recent schoarship @ kaROX,and I intend going 4 ORACLE DBA.Am a physics graduate ad I guess its important I take a course in IT today.
Any programmer/OCA can pls post some reply or mail me-shumaze_delarui@yahoo.comor text/call me on 08057123423.

TANXS A MILLION.
Re: Urgent Advise Neded by SmartK1(m): 4:05pm On Sep 11, 2007
@ID olajide

You want to have almost absolute knowledge, go for software dev. Good a thing I studied Physics too. I advise u to gpt fpr software dev (just like I did).

Go for Java or .NET (C# option).

Good luck.
Re: Urgent Advise Neded by Tokorie: 5:34pm On Sep 12, 2007
I would agree with the other dude, There are more jobs in the .NET and Java areas than there are in the DataBase Admin sect. But if you choose to pursue a career in .NET or in Java, I would add that you focus more on the Web side of the whole. Microsoft has moved it's .NET platform more to accomodate web development. Infact, you can deal more in Web development cause the same knowledge you obtain from that you can easily apply should you need to develop software in the future. But the main thing about Web Development in those areas is that you are more exposed to other programs that may come in real handy.

Dollarjunkie

(1) (Reply)

Can Anybody Help Me For Fortran. / Facebook Developer Garage In Nigeria? / Changing Career To A Software Tester In The Uk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.